Job Description – Head of Engineering
Credgenics is India’s first of its kind NPA resolution platform backed by credible investors including Accel Partners and Titan Capital. We work with financial institutions, Banks, NBFCs & Digital lending firms to improve their collections efficiency using technology, automation intelligence and optimal legal routes in order to facilitate the resolution of stressed assets. With all major banks and NBFCs as our clients, our SaaS based collections platform helps them efficiently improve their NPA, geographic reach and customer experience.
About the Role:
Credgenics is seeking an Engineering Leader to deliver and manage a diverse development team. An ideal candidate would lead a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers and Head of Product by structured thinking and delivering world class solutions.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical vision to the entire engineering team and the company
- Work closely with product managers and Head of Product to build a great product using lean principles
- Ensure development of projects are appropriately resourced and facilitate internal processes and collaboration to shorten development cycles and achievement of stable production
- Make architectural decisions that put the organization in the best position to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Drive technical projects with a range of engineering teams to build, design, implement and maintain diverse scalable platform constructs for a core application
- Organize activities for the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of projects necessary for software development and sustenance
- Collaborate with product development, creative and UX teams to build and improve the customer experience from discovery through delivery
- Mentor the development teams, facilitating continuous evolution in both the user experience and backend platform development teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and improve the efficiency of their processes through technology solutions built at a rapid pace
- Deliver secure, efficient, high performing and stable code that meets or exceeds business needs
- Meet/exceed all web application technology standards/practices
- Review all documents related to Product requirement and participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Ensure business requirements in the form of production release deliverables are met
- Ensure resources are covered on projects, ensure no or minimal forecast/budget variance
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for engineering team, including employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building
- Mentor new resources to be successful in an individual and team setting
- Create a culture of innovation that enables continuous growth of individuals and the company
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis
- Lead a team of 30-35 engineers and report directly to the CTO
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have an Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech
- 9-12 years of work experience & a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience as an Engineering Head
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus
- Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Proven experience in building tech services/systems that scaled
- Proven ability to attract and hire the best engineering talent
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures & design patterns
- Is Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best for advancement
- Expertise in open source technologies, agile development and big data technologies
- Experience with deploying & running products in a large-scale distributed architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication
This role will be based out of New Delhi
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
Do you prefer to get speeding tickets or parking tickets?
Because at Cogoport we are speeding ahead to do something remarkable for the world. We are trying to solve the Trade Knowledge and Execution Gap, which is currently widening and preventing trade to the tune of $3.4 trillion annually. This Gap has enormous economic as well as human impact and disproportionately hits small and medium businesses globally.
The team at Cogoport is working on developing a new category, the Global Trade Platform, that helps companies discover and connect with appropriate trade partners, optimize shipping and logistics options and costs, and improve cash management and cash flow.
Cogoport is currently in hypergrowth mode. We are proud to have been named an Asia-Pacific High-Growth Company by the Financial Times and an Indian Growth Champion by the Economic Times. We are aiming to reach an annualized revenue of $1 billion (7700 Crores INR) by this summer and are hiring over 500 additional employees. We are currently hiring in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai and Bangalore.
Cogoport Culture: We have two core values at Cogoport—Intrapreneurship and Customer-centricity. If you share these values and are a hard worker who is willing to take risks (and occasionally get a speeding ticket), you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions with Cogoport.
Life at Cogoport :It’s rare to be able to join a company that can give you the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see your ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the smartest engineers and commercial specialists in India and the Asia Pacific Region.
With huge growth and the right entrepreneurial mindset, comes huge opportunities! So, wherever you join us, you’ll be able to dream, deliver better and brighter solutions, and speed ahead with the possibility to propel your career forward in endless directions as our company continues to grow and expand.
For more insights about the company: https://cogoport.com/about
International Trade can be complicated at times and every day brings new challenges and opportunities to learn. When we simplify international trade, it empowers and affects every human being on the face of this earth. Seven billion people - one common problem.
As a part of the Talent team at Cogoport, you will get an opportunity to be a part of an industry-wide revolution in the world of shipping and logistics by collaborating with other brilliant minds to resolve real world on-ground challenges. You will have a direct impact on the revenue and profitability growth for the organization.
Areas of Impact for you
- Ownership of product delivery, devops, cybersecurity, performance, impeccable software quality, and configuration.
- Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging.
- Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor the team..
- Guide your teams in developing roadmaps and systems to drive product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth.
- Leadership role in the driving technical architecture, specifically leveraging micro-services.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with the internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from across functions to keep the development team in sync with all functions and overall business objectives.
- Set up, create and manage strong best practices/architecture to ensure reliable, secure, bug-free, and performant software is released on-time.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science with 8-10 years of total work experience in a software product company with at least 3-4 years of experience in managing projects and leading teams.
- Experience owning highly-available and scalable software systems
- Strong technical background with proven record of individual technical accomplishments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments.
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of team dynamics, have the ability to inspire highly-talented engineers and develop team-level leaders
- Experience with Agile development.
Cogoport is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and respected at work.
Indian MSMEs to take their business online and realize their true potential.
● We want every local entrepreneur to easily start selling online with technology
being an enabler, not a barrier.
● Already adopted by 30 lakh+ merchants.
● Our client has the potential to disrupt commerce in India and has recently raised a
$11M Series A round from Sequoia Capital
● Company perks include free front row tickets to The Chainsmokers concerts in
● Work in a cross functional domain, gather requirements from different
● Provide constructive feedback and help solve implementation issues
● Able to guide and motivate the rest of the team around best practices and
patterns. Participate in reviewing pull requests and training new hires.
● Ensure regular shipping of code, we work in 2 week sprints. Making sure that
every week we are releasing something new.
● Take regular interviews and help in team building.
● Proficiency with either one of full stack or mobile domains.
● Past experience of launching and scaling products.
● Prior experience of managing at least a 10 member team cross functional team.
As a Director Engineering, your role & responsibility will include the following.
- Define the product roadmap and delivery planning.
- Provides technical leadership in design, delivery, and support of product software and platforms.
- Participate in driving technical architectural decisions for the product.
- Prioritization of the features and deliverable artifacts
- Augmentation of the product development staff.
- Mentor managers to implement best practices to motivate and organize their teams.
- Prepare schedules, report status as well as make hiring decisions.
- Ensure to provide proven ability to evaluate and improve software development best practices.
- Provide DevOps and other processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness.
- Participate in interviewing as well as hiring final decisions.
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for entire products.
- Monitor and provide input for evaluation and prioritize change requests.
- Create and monitor the set of policies that establish standard development languages, tools, and methodology; documentation practices; and examination procedures for developed systems to ensure alignment with overall architecture.'
- Participate in project scope, schedule, and cost reviews.
- Understand and socialize product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Establish working relationships with external technology vendors.
- Integrate customer requirements through the engineering effort for championing next generation products.
- Quickly gain an understanding of the company's technology and markets, establish yourself as a credible leader.
- Release scheduling.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and has demonstrated knowledge and experience in various technologies.
- Manage 3rd party consulting partners/vendors implementing products.
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports; prepare monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes, and forecasts project timelines.
- Provide leadership to individuals or team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize employee career development to grow the internal pipeline of leadership talent.
- Prioritize, assign, and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
Qualification & Experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
- 15+ years’ experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools and development methodologies including Java, data structures, Scala, Python, NodeJS
- 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
- 6+ years management experience in a fast-growing product software environment with proven ability to lead and engage development, QA and implementation teams working on multiple projects.
- Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to establish and drive processes and procedures with quantifiable metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of the development organization.
- Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
- Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
- Development experience with compilers, web Services, database engines and related technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
- A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of
- product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services. Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
- Experience coordinating the work and competences of software staff within functional project groups.
- Ability to work cross functionally and as a team with other executive committee members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with different business units about technology and processes using lay terms and descriptions.
- Experience Preferred:
- Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, Big Data technologies among other related technologies.
- Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products.
- Experience with database engines, languages, and compilers
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience working on open-source software projects for Apache and other great open-source software organizations.
- Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
• Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable innovative platform or product with the
help of a balanced team.
• Owns end to end technical delivery of the project.
• Lead, manage, coach and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
• Contributes as an Individual contributor as well on complex modules for 30-70% of time.
• Develop and guide team to design reusable wrappers, templates and frameworks.
• Hold a high quality technical bar and actively work to improve quality.
• Understand and help the team to follow Agile processes.
• Actively negotiate, manage & deliver promised release scope considering the technical
• Collaborate effectively with Project managers, clients, and engineers to deliver high
• SPOC for any engineering related issues.
• Maintains expert level knowledge of tools and automated processes for efficiency and
robust engineering practices.
• Strive to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs.
• Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders,
including investors and potential customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent
• Overall industry experience of 5-14 years, with 2 -7 Years of experience and proven
record of technical leadership and managing Technology Team members.
• Experience in designing, implementing, reviewing and delivering complex systems.
• Experience in providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including
design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
• Proficiency with Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools a plus.
• Demonstrated expertise in one or multiple web development stack i.e. Frontend,
Backend, Data engineering, DevOPs Platforms etc.
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical
management personnel and other stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work under dynamic requirements and deadlines.
• Highly data driven and pays attention to detail.
• Leadership capabilities, should be able mentor and motivate team members to achieve
- Experience in building tech platforms
- Setup SDLC processes within the team.
- Define Architecture and tech design of the system. Take strategic calls in deciding the tech stack to be used.
- Should be a hands on coder and should contribute significantly to the code base.
- Manage task allocation and delivery timelines for the team.
- Team building and hiring. Should be able to define the resource requirements and work with hiring managers to fill in the positions.
- Work closely with the product and business team to execute the vision and roadmap of the company.
- Domain expertise in Payments/Lending/Fintech is preferred.
- Build and Lead multiple teams of notch engineers to own, drive & deliver critical parts of our products.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and 1-2 years as a leadership role.
- Deep Understanding of enterprise grade technologies.
- Experience in Node.Js, Java, Python tech stack.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Develop and lead the execution of the engineering roadmap
• Develop the technical strategy and scalable architecture using modern distributed application
software that meets the overall business requirements
• Ability to create and implement software engineering solutions using modern software engineering
• Willing to roll up sleeves and get into codebase from time to time
• Provide technical direction on all software development activities
At least 8 years working experience in software/product engineering in fast-paced environments
• At least 2 years of experience in a senior-level engineering management role, leading large teams of
engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product, design and
• Excellent stakeholder management and strong advocate on Agile methodology
• Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data such as Nodejs, Reactjs,
• Experienced in back-end, architecture and infrastructure and web services.
• Strong communication skills with ability to work with individuals from multiple domains, from
product owners to 3rd party partners
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Proven track record in leading high performance technology teams
Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability using JUnit, Mocikto or Espresso.
- Lead and Mentor Android developers
Required Skills and Experience :
- 6+ year of proven software development experience and Android applications development
in Android Kotlin and react native based Hybrid app development
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experienced in Android Kotlin and react native based Hybrid app development
- Experience with Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experienced in Client server programming (RESTful APIs) to connect Android applications to backend services
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in Android Studio IDE and tools like Android Device Monitor, Logcat
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient in using code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN
- Strong CS fundamentals and a good working knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong on OOPS and Java concepts
- Proficient in integration of third party libraries OkHttp, Retrofit, ButterKnife, Image caching libraries
- Working knowledge of RxJava, RxAndroid
- Expert in debugging, troubleshooting, memory optimization, performance and scalability of mobile app.
- Apk size and battery optimization
- Strong design/development experience working on at least 4 Mobile application apps from Scartch
- Has worked on MVP, MVVM design patterns for android applications
- Has experience on working with web views in Android and customizing them for different features
- Follows coding guidelines, Reviews code for peers and juniors.
- Understands and implement security guidelines
- Experience in localization
1.) Design Application Architecture, Engineering Processes, Engineering Best Practices, People Management, Code Reviews.
2.) Deep understanding & Working Experience in Design Patterns, Data Structure & Algorithms
2.) Understand Design Alternatives with Trade Off's and Matching Costs & Performance Expectations
3.) Define the Right Teck Stack , Data Flow , Data Store - FULL Stack
4.) Understand the Failure Points in Design , Coding , Stack Related Issues
5.) Part of Open Source Community , Understand Common & Specific Issues & How Others have solved it
6.) Proficient in Different Design Models & PROS & CONS"
Must Have Experience/Attributes -
Multi-year experience in Designing & Coding Applications of a successful Online platform
Experience in Designing Distributed Applications @ Scale
Proficiency with scalability and high availability strategies for Java Services & Microservices on distributed platform
Defining solution based on the set of Non Functional Requirements - security, reliability, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability
Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting expertise
Strong desire and ability to look for and adopt best practices/community driven open source framework and technologies into design deliverables
Should be obsessed with code quality, performance optimization and tools usage to improve productivity/quality
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Experience of driving activities to influence code quality and process rigor
Enthusiastically follow technology trends, software engineering best practice and technologies while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems
Experience of working on E-commerce platform
Experience in Dockers and container orchestration on Kubernetes
Working Experience in Integration Technologies / Middleware like Kafka, Rabbit MQ , ESB
Knowledge on Cloud Ecosystem - Added Advantage
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.