- Principal Engineers are responsible for driving Technology and Engineering Best Practices in their respective teams.
- They should demonstrate a high level of ownership and accountability for their product and software systems.
- They are expected to go above and beyond their role by contributing in tools, processes and practices which bring operational efficiency and are aligned with business goals.
- They are expected to actively participate in development along with team members and create systems and modules which represent a working model of engineering best practices.
- They are expected to participate in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- They are responsible for the Engineering metrics/health of their systems including strong alerting and monitoring mechanisms.
- They are expected to lead the adoption of best practices around coding, designing, performance of systems in a team.
Experience or Skills Required:
- B.Tech or Advanced degree in Computer Science with 6-12 years of industry experience in product based companies.
- Proficiency with Basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
- Experience in building solutions based on Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, K Nearest neighbor, SVM, Random Forest, Decision Trees.
- Strong experience with at least one of programming languages: Python, Java, Vertx, Golang
- Strong experience in building Server side reusable components based on Microservices or Distributed Architecture.
- Solid coding skills with ability to lead teams in identifying clearing tech debts for large scale code base.
- Good understanding & experience in improving performance of scalable and real time responsive applications.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and an aptitude to approach problems from first principles and build solutions for those.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent Mentoring skills. Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Must be comfortable working in fuzzy environments where boundaries are not clearly defined.
● Implement and maintain Django-based applications
● Use server-side logic to integrate user-facing elements.
● Develop software related to asset management
● Write and implement software solutions that integrate different systems.
● Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
● Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself
● Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
● Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
● Should have the ability to work with old and new versions of django.
● Understand existing code base and adapt to business needs as required
● 3 years experience in software industry
● Minimum 2 year experience in Python
● Minimum 1 Year experience in Django
● Ability to build user interfaces using the latest web standards
● Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
● Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
● Strong unit test and debugging skills
● Experience working in Linux
● Excellent problem solving skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work well in a team development environment
- Work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
This person MUST have:
- BE Computer Science, MCA or equivalent
- Cloud app development experience
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the fullsite of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- Go’s templating language
- Go’s code generation tools,such as Stringer
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Familiarity with code versioning tools(such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Min 3 year experience
- Not more than 15 year experience.
- Startup experience is a must.
- Remotely, anywhere in India
- 40 hours a week but with 4 hours a day overlapping with client timezone. .
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives etc.
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward.
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++/C/Python/ROR/C#
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You have experience building scalable software systems that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions and build flexible systems that balance engineering complexity and timely delivery, creating business impact.
- You understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and apply them to deliver high-performing applications.
- You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
- You understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
- You continually align your work with Amazon’s business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer.
- You proactively support knowledge-sharing and build good working relationships within the team and with others in Amazon.
- You communicate clearly with your team and with other groups and listen effectively.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant technical field.
- Experience in software development and full product life-cycle.
- Excellent programming skills in any object oriented programming languages - preferably Java, C/C++/C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Proficiency in SQL and data modeling.
- Design, develop and maintain REST APIs for platform
- Design and develop role based access control for various resources
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Design and develop web socket based servers
Skills and Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years experience in Python, Django and related technology
- Prior experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database
- Experience in working aiohttp or web socket
- Experience in AWS/GCP
- Strong knowledge various design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm
- Knowledge of CI/CD and cloud based application deployment
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Prior experience in startup or product based companies is prefered
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Solid understanding of Spring and Spring Boot Framework
Experience with NoSQL DB, preferable MongoDB
Experience working with Agile Methodology and BDD Framework
Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Developing and installing software solutions.
- Designing, implementing and delivering high-quality Software projects in JAVA, SQL / Oracle, J2EE and other JAVA technologies.
- Participate in detailed level in design, coding, code walk-through, peer code reviews and unit testing, System Testing, UAT, Demos, POCs, installation, maintenance of Software modules.
- Software prototype.
- System Architecture.
- Software Design Document.
- User interfaces to be developed as per UX guidelines Code files ensuring coding guidelines followed.
- Code review artifacts during peer code review.
- Test plan and Test Cases.
- Installation/Deployment document Release Document.
- Technical Documentation
Java Backend Developer
Experience: 2- 5 Years
Digit88 is a niche product engineering consulting company based out of Bangalore with experience of building offshore development centers for US startups and MNCs over the last 6+ years. The founding team has 50+ years of product engineering and services experience out of India and US.
Digit88 manages and is expanding the dedicated offshore product development team for its US (Bay Area, NYC) based NLP/Chatbot platform development partner, that is building a next-generation AI/NLP/Chatbots based customer engagement platform. The candidate would be joining an existing team of 16+ engineers and help expand Platform Engineering, Production Support and Monitoring services for our client.
Digit88 is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands on Java/J2EE back-end developer to join the back-end engineering team for our partner. Experience with a fast-paced India/US product start-up or a product engineering services company in a developer role, building a high-performance real-time system is mandatory. Applicants must have a passion for engineering with accuracy and efficiency, be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a team, and also possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you should possess:
- Minimum 2 years working experience working as a Java application developer
- Strong in Core Java, Data Structures, J2EE
- Practical experience in Spring MVC, Spring boot, Microservices architecture, Web Services
- Hands on with MySQL and DynamoDB and/or NoSQL databases, Hibernate
- Practical experience with Caching frameworks Memcached/Redis, Message Queues
- Familiarity and experience with CI/CD, Container architecture - Docker/Jenkins and build scripts Maven/Ant
- Should have built high performance, high availability REST APIs and REST clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years in Java development
- Exposure to DevOps technologies
Additional Project/Soft Skills:
- Should be able to work independently with India & US based team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to articulate problems and solutions over phone and emails.
- Strong sense of urgency, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in issue resolution.
- Should have the passion to learn and implement, analyse and troubleshoot issues
Proficient with full development stack (MySQL, Redis, Memcached, MVC frameworks, jQuery, Server Administration, CSS, HTML, etc) and understanding of OOP design, AJAX, jQuery, and MySQL
Understands how to build an optimized web app and has experience with caching and other scaling techniques
The desire and energy to work long hours so that we can continuously improve our website at the quickest pace possible
Passionate about working in a startup and creating a great product
Must love to program, must be willing to learn, and must be creative. If you are the type of person who finds learning a new technology or language an exhilarating experience, you will love it here.
Must be able to show us projects and or websites that you have created. Bonus points if you’ve created these projects/websites outside of your work (we love seeing proof of how much you love technology and coding).
Education - relevant degree in Engineering preferable