7+ YOE in IT / Software Development and Services Industry
B.Tech/BE, Bachelor in Tech domain from Tier 1 College / Univesity
MBA or Masters from Top B schools or Tier 1 College / Univesity
Preferred with work experience in software frameworks, technologies, and programming languages.
- Develop and implement operational strategies: Develop and implement operational strategies to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization. This includes developing policies and procedures, managing resources, and monitoring performance metrics.
- Lead project teams: ensure the successful completion of projects within the allotted time and budget. This involves planning, organizing, and controlling project activities, as well as communicating with stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met.
- Manage resources: managing the resources required for both day-to-day operations and project delivery. This includes budgeting, resource allocation, and procurement of materials and services.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and to make informed decisions regarding operational and project-related issues. This involves using data analysis tools and techniques to collect, organize, and interpret data.
- Ensure compliance ensures that the organization is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements. This includes implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Build relationships and maintain relationships with stakeholders and employees. This involves effective communication, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Develop and mentor team members developing and mentoring team members to enhance their skills and knowledge. This includes providing training, coaching, and feedback to team members to ensure they are equipped to perform their roles effectively.
- Work with departmental heads, managers, and other stakeholders to develop team goals and delegate tasks to the appropriate team member.
- Create and communicate a clear list of expectations and goals for team members to follow.
- Offer emotional support to project team members and make people feel valued.
- Maintain frequent communication to offer encouragement, amend tasks, and provide updates on goal progress.
- Implement incentives to keep the team motivated and focused on their daily tasks and project goals.
- Provide frequent feedback on employee performance, address weaknesses or inefficiencies, and offer support to improve skill gaps.
- Nurture collaboration amongst team members, Create a workspace that encourages creativity and innovation to get the most out of the team, and Quickly and effectively resolve team conflicts.
Education: A bachelor's degree/ master's degree or higher. administration, management, engineering, or operations management is often required.
B.Tech/BE, Bachelor in Tech domain from Tier 1 or 2 College / Univesity
MBA or Masters from Top B schools or Tier 1 College / Univesity
Experience: 7-10 years of relevant work experience in operations management, project management, or a related field is required.
Preferred with work experience in software frameworks, technologies, and programming languages.
• Team Management
• Conflict Resolution
• Team Leadership
• Organizational skills
• Critical Thinking
• Time Management
Kolkata (Work from Office)
About ZURU Tech
Zuru Tech is the company that develops the first digital building construction system in the world. Come build with Zuru!
Location: Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi
● Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
● Work closely with your team providing continuous feedback to raise the bar
● Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our business processes and success criteria
● Develop and execute a long-term product roadmap and architecture while balancing short term commitments
● Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems.
● Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build, and predictability of the deliverables of your team
● Effectively partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders across the organization to co-define and deliver on own and team goals
What are we looking for ?
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a college of repute
● 8 to 14 years of industry experience in software engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience of directly managing a team of software engineers
● Prior experience in established start-ups would be preferred
● Experience with object-oriented design and languages
● Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
● Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
● Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
● Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical and non-technical teams
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
Since their launch in 2020, they have grown 70-80% MoM just by delivering a strong product experience. It is rated 4.7/5 by consumers across Bangalore, and adopted by hundreds of doctors.
They have been backed by marquee investors. And the overall team is now 100+
About the role
This role is for an engineering manager/leader who has been leading teams and building products in larger scale startups, serving millions of monthly users. And is ready to upgrade their role from being an engineering manager to playing the engineering head of the company.
Work closely with the founders and other leaders in the company to build a strong product and business- collaborating to create innovative products that will help define the future of healthcare.
Build a strong engineering team and processes that enhance their performance and the overall organization.
Pick the right architecture and tools for building a high performance, robust and scalable engineering platform , in a cost-effective way
Has been an experienced Engineering Manager, or Senior Engineering Manager (8 to 10+ years of experience), across at least 1 scaled mobile-first B2C tech startup with paid transactions.
Strong experience with mobile development: iOS, Android and/or React Native. Not just coding, but also leading mobile-based engineering teams.
Strong understanding of devops and backend systems needed for scaling.
Has led engineering teams that launched products from idea to launch (0 to 1), and launch to scale (1 to 10)
Has led teams of 10-15+ engineers.
Comfort in an early stage environment.
Strong communication and leadership ability- especially in the current remote environment.
Has built teams from scratch, and been through the ups and downs of building startups and products.
A passion for building impactful products.
Strong developer, still codes, and can give the best in their team a run for their money! Is pretty much a full-stack engineer.
8-10+ years of experience
Nice to have
Has founded their own company.
Built products for healthcare, logistics and/or IoT devices
Builds things outside of their full-time role- can be through writing, sharing, teaching, building, contributing, etc
- Experience in mobile application development or frontend frameworks such as React.
- Managing successful engineering teams across both mobile and web application development.
- Deep knowlege in CSS methodologies like SCSS & SASS.
- Exposure in UI development like PWA, Single page app, Hybrid App, responsive web deisgn.
PickMyWork is a gig platform that helps any company sign-up new customers and engage with them, through a pay-per-task model using up-skilled unemployed youth.
Most companies today are moving away from a fixed cost model and/or looking to outsource several jobs previously considered ‘core’ to their business. This simultaneously represents both a problem and an opportunity. The problem is that the pool of available fixed salary jobs is becoming more and more inadequate for the crores of Indians looking for such jobs. The opportunity is that the pool of temporary/third party payroll jobs is expanding. However, the working conditions are often onerous and unappealing. Enter PickMyWork: which allows you to work as a freelancer and choose the work + work timings + intensity. The more you work the more you earn. All of this without the pressure of targets or bosses.
The largest companies and the latest startups are all looking for the most cost-effective ways to grow. And what better way than a plug-and-play model like PickMyWork, an on-demand sales force that sells for you: whatever you want, whenever you want and wherever you want. No retainers, no fixed costs. You only get charged when the sale closes, or a pre-defined task gets completed. Sounds like a dream, right? Read on! Beginning in 2019, we started working closely with companies targeting the SMB space in India, what many refer to as Kirana-tech companies. Since then, we have expanded our client portfolio to serve companies in digital payments, e-commerce, online pharmacy, digital gold, drug discovery and several others.
The list of companies looking to variable their fixed costs of sales/revenue generation/operations seems to be endless. On the other side, most of our gig workers are underemployed and unemployed youth that make up a large proportion of India’s demographic dividend. In the absence of full-time fixed-pay work opportunities, PickMyWork offers them a way to supplement their incomes while they continue upgrading their skills working on different client projects. Some even choose to forego full-time regular jobs in favor of setting up multiple income streams by working on several PickMyWork projects, in parallel. We are determined to ensure that they receive the best possible support to help them reach their goals: by being transparent at all times in our payments, training them well and providing timely feedback for the work done. We innovate, we work smart and often use primary research because we are doing something nobody else is.
We are a fast-paced organization that aims high. This year, we are broadening our network to additional cities to serve the growing set of clients to work with 100,000 gig workers in 2022. By 2023, we would have touched a million lives, directly.
Job Description: Associate Growth Manager
Reports to: Associate Vice President - Growth
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Start date: Immediate
CTC: As per industry standards
The role of Associate Growth Manager is critical to our success. Reporting to the Associate Vice President - Growth, the Associate Growth Manager will be accountable. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the trajectory of the organization, build and manage a high-quality Sales team, build strong organizational processes, and support the operational objectives of the organization.
1- To directly contribute to the revenue growth of PickMyWork.
● To assist in the development of effective sales strategies
● To achieve the Targets allocated for multiple projects and to identify areas of improvement
2- To support the leadership in the management of PickMyWork’s operation function.
● Driving & Consistently achieve revenue targets in line with team/organizational objectives
● Prepares and presents weekly and monthly sales reports
● Resolves complaints and queries promptly
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in helping us achieve our bold vision for the future. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, attributes, and experience.
● Should have up to 2 years of experience in working with a B2B business model
● Freshers are strongly encouraged to apply Skills and Knowledge
● Natural agility in thought process, problem-solving, data analysis and ability to simplify/breakdown complex problems
● An ability to work successfully under pressure with the capacity to manage competing priorities.
● Exceptional stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with a wide range of individuals.
● A passion for experimentation and learning, while using failure as a key learning tool
● The tenacity, flexibility, and resilience to adapt rapidly to changing priorities in a fast-moving, complex environment.
● High levels of personal impact with the ability to command the respect of a wide range of senior stakeholders.
● Significant personal drive, energy, ambition, and enthusiasm.
Other factors to consider
● Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all team members.
This role will be subject to enhanced background checks.
● Willingness to travel domestically and when necessary work outside normal working hours to achieve deadlines
● The candidate will be responsible for a broad array of individual services, including
Architect and lead team for implementing a set of cloud-based services that will
power Zopper Assure and Zopper Finance.
● Providing technical expertise for every phase of the project lifecycle from concept
development to solution design, implementation, optimization and support.
● Prior experience in development of e-commerce systems or any other high scale
web/mobile backends is required.
● Expertise in any one programming knowledge preferably in Python.
● Prototype and present various alternative solutions for complex business problems to
● Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the
● Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology
stack or component or design pattern versus another to the project team and drives
selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture.
● Drives the performance tuning, re-design and refactoring for a module
● Contributes to designing and implementing the build, release process as well as system
configuration and deployment characteristics of the application
● Implements (hands-on) the module components based on industry best practices.
● Mentors the team (people working on the module and other project team members) on
● Technology concepts and best practices for design, implementation and other
● Candidate should hold 8+ Yrs of experience
● Should have 3+ years of experience in team handling
● Should be a Btech/MTech
Engineering Manager (Bangalore, Remote option available) 8+ years of experience
Why should you look at this role?
Salary 65-80 lakh per annum
- High growth startup in quick commerce space (10 min delivery)
- Given our very high hiring bar, we offer a very competitive salary and substantial equity to create everlasting wealth for our early believers as the company grows.
- Work on real world logistics problems & benefit from the rocket ship Zepto is!
Tech Team: 40-50 (200+ in few months)
About the Employer
Zepto is a fast-growing startup that delivers products in 10 minutes through an optimised network of dark stores that we're building across the country!
Just 6 months after launching, we've raised $160 million from marquee
investors in Silicon Valley and India. Our investors include Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, and many more! We’ve built out one of the best startup teams in India, with Senior Executives from Uber, Flipkart, Dream11, PhonePe, Goldman Sachs, Pepperfry, and institutions like Stanford, INSEAD, IITs, and IIMs.
The magic of Zepto is our ability to consistently deliver 2,500+ products in 10 minutes flat. It's the core of what we do, and the reason why we’ve been able to grow so fast with phenomenal customer love. Our mission is simple: to make 10-minute delivery the new normal.
Funding Zepto has raised a total of $160M in funding over 3 rounds.
Their latest funding was raised on Dec 20, 2021 from a Series C round.
“High Ownership, Lots of Learning, Broad Roles, Accessible Leaders”
"Alot of benefits like ZeptoJoy coupon, internet bill reimbursement and cab reimbursement is also taken care of. Overtime is paid."
Software Engineer -> Sr Software Engineer -> Lead -> EM -> AD / Director / VP -> Head of Engineering -> CTO
The EM role would involve team management
- Discussion on past experience and problem discussion based on projects done
- Low level design
- High level design
(One of the rounds will test scenario management via case study since it’s a managerial role)
What You will do Everyday?
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of top noch engineers.
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
- As an Engineering Manager you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- B.E/B.Tech or any other similar qualification with experience as a tech leader and people manager for at least 8+ years.
- Experience of managing teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Experience with building, developing and coaching teams of best technical talent in the Industry.
- Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product development etc.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product.
- Working within the digital space and knowing how data is used to drive real-time relationships with users/audiences.
- Knowing about how incremental growth is changing the face of the digital market and are open to challenging the current status around attribution models.
- Achieving significant revenue growth in Digital Media space by using general business acumen to uncover business needs and identify how Company's solutions can help clients achieve their business goals.
- Coordinating internal resources for the preparation and delivery of objective based solutions for clients.
- Creating and delivering customized sales opportunities that address the client’s compelling events and help them meet their goals.
- Building relationships with key marketing, merchandising, and media decision makers within client organizations, while understanding the landscape and gaining account penetration
- Negotiating and closing contracts with client’s key decision makers
- Being an effective communicator, motivational leader and having a good understanding of the role.
- 15 years of professional digital sales and marketing business experience.
- MBA/BA/BS preferably in marketing or business with strong academic record.
- Diverse client management experience (client side, ad solutions, direct marketing, agency experience). Media preferred.
- Multi-disciplined marketer who is versed across channels; online, direct mail, catalogue, newspaper.
- Self-motivated – able to identify opportunities, sell new business, and close sales.
- Ability to assess client objectives and formulate communications strategy directly to those client objectives within display advertising.
- Comfortable with consultative sales, solution selling and target driven sales position.
- Strong business and strategic planning acumen, strong negotiation skills.
- Solid quantitative background with an understanding of analytic tools and techniques.
- Understanding of marketing program design, execution, and measurement.
- Effective communication across multiple levels of an organization and able to work well in a team/highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated sales and business development experience.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office and sales management software (eg: Salesforce).
- Comfortable at incrementally growing client accounts and revenue, not afraid to ask for the business.
- Strategic partner – great relationship builder can engage a client with road map and vision and set and work towards and beyond key targets.
- Can build relationships across multiple disciplines in the client organization including marketing, merchandising, media decision making. Very comfortable at engaging with all levels of a business.
- Walks the halls – enjoys the people aspects of the role.
- Detail orientated –Enjoys the process of the sale and is detail focused.
- Planning accounts – helping internal and external stakeholders see the bigger picture and plan.
- Highly driven, motivated and ambitious self-starters. Proactivity not reactivity.
- Curious to learn, passionate, accountable and focused on own personal development.
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for
working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19.
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India.
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech.
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program.
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
About the Role
A highly motivated and passionate individual who has experience in executing end to end web based products and applications; bringing them to production quickly and with high quality. Passionate about building flexible and scalable solutions with an eye for detail and can weigh pros and cons to find best possible solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers to plan, implement and deliver tasks and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs.
- Understand the product requirements, ask questions, and gather information and feedback to design and deliver scalable and flexible systems.
- Deliver end to end applications from front end web development, back end development, middleware integration and persisting data in no SQL or RDBMS databases.
- Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment. Should be able to help other developers with challenges, problem solving, and help achieve milestones as per plan.
- Build a highly skilled and efficient team by hiring, keeping the team motivated, and managing performance.
- Build a culture of agile development, continuous improvement, and a strong sense of product ownership.
- Drive a culture of high quality at all stages by leveraging CI/CD and automation.
- Identify architectural issues and plans to resolve them.
- Proactively identify risks and define mitigations plans.
- Prioritize to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects.
- Hands on with programming with 25%+ of bandwidth going into coding activities owned.
- A highly talented developer with 8+ years of hands-on experience in building secure and scalable web based applications using Java in backend and JS based frontend frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams of 5-10 or more engineers in product or online teams.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+, databases (SQL and NoSQL) , MySql, Mongo. Willing to learn new technologies (Golang).
- Experience working with Cassandra, Spring Boot, Kafka, RabbitMQ is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of any one or more of AngularJS/ReactJS/VueJS and CSS3, HTML5.
- Strong experience in data modelling for data storage tools in SQL; experience with noSQL is highly desirable.
- Experience building scalable solutions for 2x, 5x and 10x growth with high quality and flexibility.
- Practitioner of test driven development practices. Experience in creating and adhering to best practices for development.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and knowledge of CI/CD processes for automated integration and deployment. Basic knowledge of AWS preferred.
- Strong experience in Microservices (SRP) paradigm.
Position : Director of Engineering
Experience Range : 12 Years -15 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : 0.10% - 0.30%
Location : Remote
We are looking for “Director of Engineering” to lead our engineering team and help us build great products. You will also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. In this role you are also in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- Experience on scalable architecture, distributed systems, multi-tenancy and multi-threading.
- Prior experience on managing team of up to 30 Engineers, mentoring and coaching them.
- Experience on LAMP or MERN Stack. Hands on experience on Laravel, Code Igniter & Slim Framework.
- Experience on building web applications using Node.js and React.js
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures,
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code
deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
- Adaptive to Start-up culture and fast paced growing environment.
- Hire and build a globally-distributed, happy, and successful engineering team.
- Oversee Front-end and Back-end development teams of 40+ Engineers including Engineering Managers and their projects.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s)
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources