Engineering Management Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
at Quicken Inc
• Directly manage and mentor the engineers of the team
• Responsible for managing the ground up development and delivery of financial services platform
• Deal with inherent ambiguities of building something new and drive clarity in partnership with business
• Partner with Product Managers to ensure the services being developed meet the functional requirements
• Ensure the services are of high quality and meet the non-functional requirements for performance, scalability,
• Working closely with the technical architect, steer important technology decisions related to architecture and
• Own the engineering roadmap that is in alignment with the business priorities
• Own the release plans for continuous delivery and make necessary trade-offs
• Manage the software development processes using Agile Scrum/Kanban
• Ensure the team adheres to appropriate engineering best practices (design for re-use, unit testing, etc.)
• Guide team with technical insights and problem-solving techniques when facing complex issues
• Plan and execute any necessary upgrade to the technical infrastructure of the platform
• Partner with the QA team to ensure thorough E2E testing of the services developed
• Partner with the DevOps team to ensure smooth production deployment of the services and subsequent
• Be aware of the requirements of the client apps that will consume the services and work with those teams as
necessary for their smooth on-boarding
• Provide visibility to the senior leadership of the work being performed by the team
• Handle team related communication to the rest of the organization as per established operating mechanisms
• Own managing the documentation of major technical decisions in a wiki
• Bring in right talent into the team and ensure retention of the top performers
• Provide career growth path to your engineers considering their capabilities and aspirations
• Create a culture that motivates the team to excel by promoting ownership, empowerment, collaboration,
innovation, transparency, and fairness
• Role model the company values to your team
• As part of the leadership team of the Bangalore office, contribute towards making it a Great Place to Work for
• Very strong people management skills with a track record of leading high performing engineering teams
• Solid technical background in working with Cloud-based microservices (AWS preferred)
• Strong knowledge of technologies like Java, Spring Boot, Relational Databases, and No-SQL Databases
• Solid understanding of microservice architecture and design patterns
• Experience in payments and/or financial services is a plus
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and driving towards clarity by partnering with stakeholders
• Able to lead team through dynamic situations and making trade-offs along the way
• Career path that has grown from a hands-on engineer to a manager, and currently possessing the ability to
get into technical details (including code)
• Experience with building a product successfully from ground up is desired
• Experienced in leading teams through Agile development processes like Scrum and/or Kanban
• Very good project management capabilities in terms of planning and execution
• Ability to make technical decisions that balance short vs long term
• Experienced partnering with Product Management in converting functional requirements to technical
• Solid communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels of the organization
• Passionate about understanding the customer and able to look at a problem from a customer’s perspective
• Familiarity with working in a geographically distributed environment
• Proven experience in coaching and mentoring fresh college hires to highly senior engineers
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
⌛️ Where will you spend your time?
- Managing end to end product development and delivery
- Owning the technical architecture and leading the engineering decisions for the product
- Collaborating with designers, developers, growth managers, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Leading a team of engineers, mentoring them and motivating them to solve complex problem. Sharing timely feedback with the team members
🙋What makes you a good fit?
- 5-7 years experience in Product Engineering & Development
- Be both highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in one or more product domains
- Should have demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
Conduct and educate on the process best practices while executing projects.
Able to manage a sizable team based on the requirements of the project.
Supervise the requirements gathering by the BTAs and add insights on making the requirements collection a comprehensive list.
Perform estimations and task breakdowns from the requirements gathered on the client
Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
Follows good principles of software engineering like TDD, writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and can work stress-free in an Agile environment.
Having a strong engineering skill set with a firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development is a plus.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-moving industry and staup culture - Nice to have: awareness of microservice architecture systems, test automation, derivatives pricing, scaling, operating system and network-layer peormance tuning, BDD, KDB+ is preferred.
Awareness or Hands on knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI - Knowledge of networking technologies and fundamentals
Paicipate in system design consulting, plaorm management and capacity planning.
Updates skills by tinkering with latest tools, programming techniques and computing equipment and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Engages with soware engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
Has 10+ years of experience in managing projects with sizable team sizes.
Has technical experience and experience working with a wide variety of technologies - To be able to guide and assess solutions and patterns.
Client interaction - Has experience working with clients from at least 2 different geographies, with a track record of success. Testimonials or references are preferred.
Independent and original thinker - to be able to come up with on-the-spot solutions with clients and not on an "I will get back to you" basis (which is ok on rare occasions, but not more than twice a year)
Up-to-date with the current improvements and launches/revolutions in the technology space and a habit of tinkering with POCs and models of the same
A proactive approach to spoing problems, areas for improvement, and peormance bolenecks
Possess great interpersonal and mentoring skills
b. Strong Technical Background:
i. Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
ii. Strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA chops.
iii. Experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
iv. Databases/Datastores : Mysql, Redis / Memcache, MongoDB
v. Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
vi. One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
vii. Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS,
Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
viii. Nice to have -
1. Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
3. Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TC
c. Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a
high-performing engineering team
● Planning & Prioritization - Create 12+ month roadmap for product and tech
Skill and Competency:
implementation, coordination of development, advice on
testing and post-go-live production support services
• Perform delivery plan creation, plan monitoring, and status
• Manage development and delivery of technology solutions
Ensure that technology solutions are fit-for-purpose and
aligned with architectural principles, standards, and roadmaps.
• Ensure there is the implementation of world-class coding and
development standards, ensuring solutions are suitably assured
and of quality across that brand teams.
• Provide support and mentoring to technical team leads,
including talent and succession planning.
• Responsible for the quality and technical approach was taken by
technology standards, principles, architecture roadmaps,
service management standards, and customer experience
framework. Furthermore, to support the development and
definition of technical standards and approach.
Good communication & people managerial skills
• Problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict-resolution ability
• Create and maintain a professional culture within the team,
where individuals take ownership and focus on delivering
excellence, quality, and value for the customer and business.
56 -Engineering Manager: Backend ABOUT 56: At 56, we are on a mission to transform how security is perceived. To accomplish this, we have state-of-the-art technology supported by a connected network of AI cameras, safety agents and services to enable real-time physical intervention, which is available 24x7. We combine deep tech computer vision, location services, and contextually deployed safety agents to provide efficient and affordable protection for millions of people, homes, and businesses. Join our mission towards keeping people safer and protecting homes and businesses. About the role : The 56 Engineering team in Bangalore is building a new ground-up platform that transforms physical security. This platform has to be self-serviced, highly reliable, scalable and built for the future. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture. To accomplish this, we are looking for engineers who can:
● Toggle between "big picture" and "fine details" with ease.
● Build software systems ground-up from one line requirements.
● Committed to building high quality and highly reliable software.
Roles & Responsibility :
● Design and Implement foundational components for the 56, which directly impact the safety and security of our customers.
● Constantly evolve the platform to identify bottlenecks in both runtime and development time aspects of the platform and improve them.
● Collaborate with multiple products and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
● Work with Product, UX, and Design to build world-class APIs.
● Write quality code and documentation which can be used as an example for your company.
● Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement.
● Collaborate with peer engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality Basic Qualifications
● 6+ years of professional software development experience
● 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Golang
● 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
● Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
● 6+ years overall technical/product development experience.
● Strong object-oriented development knowledge in Java or any other prominent language.
● Stronghold to define technical roadmap and design systems for future which solves for scale and high throughput
● Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
● Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
● Good understanding of CI/CD concepts with knowledge of Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
● Excellent Documentation skills to lead a technical discussion
● Ability to disambiguate the tech landscape to make technology an enabler to business. Preferred Qualifications
● Knowledge of relational databases and distributed computing technologies.
● AWS technologies exposure.
● Mentoring experience to grow SDEs job family
Engineering Manager (Bangalore, Remote option available) 8+ years of experience
Why should you look at this role?
Salary 65-80 lakh per annum
- High growth startup in quick commerce space (10 min delivery)
- Given our very high hiring bar, we offer a very competitive salary and substantial equity to create everlasting wealth for our early believers as the company grows.
- Work on real world logistics problems & benefit from the rocket ship Zepto is!
Tech Team: 40-50 (200+ in few months)
About the Employer
Zepto is a fast-growing startup that delivers products in 10 minutes through an optimised network of dark stores that we're building across the country!
Just 6 months after launching, we've raised $160 million from marquee
investors in Silicon Valley and India. Our investors include Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, and many more! We’ve built out one of the best startup teams in India, with Senior Executives from Uber, Flipkart, Dream11, PhonePe, Goldman Sachs, Pepperfry, and institutions like Stanford, INSEAD, IITs, and IIMs.
The magic of Zepto is our ability to consistently deliver 2,500+ products in 10 minutes flat. It's the core of what we do, and the reason why we’ve been able to grow so fast with phenomenal customer love. Our mission is simple: to make 10-minute delivery the new normal.
Funding Zepto has raised a total of $160M in funding over 3 rounds.
Their latest funding was raised on Dec 20, 2021 from a Series C round.
“High Ownership, Lots of Learning, Broad Roles, Accessible Leaders”
"Alot of benefits like ZeptoJoy coupon, internet bill reimbursement and cab reimbursement is also taken care of. Overtime is paid."
Software Engineer -> Sr Software Engineer -> Lead -> EM -> AD / Director / VP -> Head of Engineering -> CTO
The EM role would involve team management
- Discussion on past experience and problem discussion based on projects done
- Low level design
- High level design
(One of the rounds will test scenario management via case study since it’s a managerial role)
What You will do Everyday?
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of top noch engineers.
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
- As an Engineering Manager you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- B.E/B.Tech or any other similar qualification with experience as a tech leader and people manager for at least 8+ years.
- Experience of managing teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Experience with building, developing and coaching teams of best technical talent in the Industry.
- Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product development etc.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product.
Open financial technologies Pvt Ltd is hiring Manager- Solutions Engineering.
Years of experience: 6+ years
- Manage Zwitch’s solutions engineering team
- Work in close partnership with Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and “player coach” in
- Mentor and grow individual contributors on the team by providing personal
and professional development. Provide skills and role mentoring and coaching
to Solutions Engineers.
- Review and document the performance of Solutions Engineers
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Expert Services to document and
communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in regional Sales Leadership forecast and pipeline review calls
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering
technical questions, Requests for Proposals, Security Questionnaires, and
demos & workshops
- Attract, hire, and retain talented Solutions Engineers with specific, relevant
- Solution best-in-class customer experience for our partners with our low-code
and API solutions
- Build and scale the solution engineering team to cateter sales closures
- Be the feedback channel for the Zwitch product-engineering team
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a industry-leading customer experiences
- Effective presentation craft and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs
- Fan of developer friendly API documentation
- Knowledge of the developer tools and technologies from across the software
- Ability to manage a remote team effectively
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
- API experience in fintech domain
At Open, we are building a neo-bank that is fast changing the way businesses bank & manage their finances. Being the world's fastest-growing SME neo-bank, we are constantly pushing boundaries at building the world's best business banking platform by blending best-in class technology, optimized process, and elegant design.
Backed by marquee investors such as Temasek, TigerGlobal, Google, VISA, SBI Investment Japan, Speedinvest, Beenext, 3one4 Capital, Unicorn India Ventures to name a few, Open is the world's fastest growing SME neobank with over 2 million businesses using the platform and processing $24 billion annuallv!
Open.money Trusted by Leverage Edu, Rupeek, Aisle, Arzooo & million others, Open Started out by empowering entrepreneurs to focus on growing their business via our flagship product Open.Money. At the heart of it is the Open business account that comes with VISA business card & combines banking, payments, accounting, expense management & taxes, in one place.
OpenBook - OpenBook is India's first business app that comes with a digital business account that empowers small & micro businesses to manage alltheir finances from billing, banking to accounting & CST in one place.
Zwitch - Over the last 4 years, we have realized that embedding banking to product workflows is complex. Gaining access to a bank's sandbox environment and undergoing compliance audits tor months before going live, can be quite taxing. Thats why we built Zwitch- an embedded finance platform that offers API and no-code components for banking and compliance. It empowers businesses to build and integrate banking and financial features into any product out there!
Position - Head of SEO
India’s first hiring platform that empowers jobseekers to showcase their skills through tests and get their dream job.
We are on a mission to democratise job opportunities at some of the finest companies in the country for millions of young Indians.
• Develop and execute successful SEO strategies
• Conduct keyword research to guide content teams
• Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
• Optimize website content, landing pages, and paid search copy-Direct off page
optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
• Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects-Work with social
media and PPC teams to optimize campaigns-Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trend.
• Proven experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role-Knowledge of
standard and current SEO practices
• Experience with SEO reporting
• Familiarity with relevant web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
• BSc/BA in Marketing, Business or related field
- Principal Engineers are responsible for driving Technology and Engineering Best Practices in their respective teams.
- They should demonstrate a high level of ownership and accountability for their product and software systems.
- They are expected to go above and beyond their role by contributing in tools, processes and practices which bring operational efficiency and are aligned with business goals.
- They are expected to actively participate in development along with team members and create systems and modules which represent a working model of engineering best practices.
- They are expected to participate in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- They are responsible for the Engineering metrics/health of their systems including strong alerting and monitoring mechanisms.
- They are expected to lead the adoption of best practices around coding, designing, performance of systems in a team.
Experience or Skills Required:
- B.Tech or Advanced degree in Computer Science with 6-12 years of industry experience in product based companies.
- Proficiency with Basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
- Experience in building solutions based on Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, K Nearest neighbor, SVM, Random Forest, Decision Trees.
- Strong experience with at least one of programming languages: Python, Java, Vertx, Golang
- Strong experience in building Server side reusable components based on Microservices or Distributed Architecture.
- Solid coding skills with ability to lead teams in identifying clearing tech debts for large scale code base.
- Good understanding & experience in improving performance of scalable and real time responsive applications.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and an aptitude to approach problems from first principles and build solutions for those.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent Mentoring skills. Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Must be comfortable working in fuzzy environments where boundaries are not clearly defined.
- Set up and manage a team of atleast 5-15 engineers. This will involve taking regular interviews to help build your and other teams as well.
- Responsible for code delivery : Pushing deploys on a constant basis. When working in a growth stage company, this part can be challenging as the speed of requirements is high. You will need to make sure that you and your team are always on track to release something new every week.
- Prepare thorough technical documentation which can be used as a reference by other engineers.
- Own your product : You will be responsible for the success / failure of your team and the product. You will need to work with cross functional teams, understand their requirements and make sure that everybody is on the same page.
- Development of your team : Making sure that engineers under you are growing in their careers and getting better are software development everyday.
- Design & Architecture : You need to have technical expertise in the company's tech stack and in general the frontend or backend infrastructures, have ability to guide the developers in case there are any blockers.
- Past experience of working for tier 1 / vc funded companies.
- Past experience of handling a team of at least 5+ developers.
- Continuous past experience of delivering products at a steady pace.
- Hands on experience in developing mobile apps using React Native is must
- Hands on experience in performance optimization in the React Native Apps
- Hands-on experience in maintaining app Vitals
- Hands-on experience in native mobile apps platform android and iOS development
- Hands-on in Webpack, ES6, Typescript
- Hands-on experience in the React ecosystem like Redux, React Router etc.
- Experience in Team Management.
- Lead technical design discussions and review design to make sure design is aligned with Architecture.
- Setup and maintain standard developer guidelines for the development team
- Hands-on experience with automated test frameworks like XCUITest or Espresso etc. And experience in promoting the values of unit tests, integration tests, and CI/CD automation
- Hands on experience in building reusable SDKs
- Vision : Founded by Ex-Microsoft & Square engineers, Bikayi aims to empower Indian MSMEs to take their business online and realize their true potential. Bikayi merchants are selling various things from groceries to apparels and electronic items.
- Scale : We are very close to grossing a GMV of 1B dollars on an annual basis. Probably one of your neighbourhood shops is using Bikayi to sell online, already adopted by 50 lakh+ merchants.
- Fuel : Monetizing the product from early days we have a solid business model and our revenue numbers are growing at a healthy pace. Apart from this we are funded by top investors in the world like Sequoia capital, Y-combinator, and Tiger Global, we’ve raised $60+ million in three rounds till now.
- People : We have a culture which gives you a lot of challenges to solve and at the same time get high rewards.
CTC can range upto 45lpa.
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering managers with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. Engineering managers can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Hiring contractors and building teams.
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Design and develop effective APIs
- Build, debug, deploy and ship timely software updates
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create security and data protection settings
- Work closely with the founding team as a critical point of contact for the engineering team
- Write technical documentation
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field. Masters in engineering management or related field is a plus
- A great engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Experience developing applications with the knowledge of backend as well as frontend. Familiarity with common stacks. Experience in the MERN stack is a plus
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Good understanding and experience in basic DevOps
- Experience with Flutter and React Native is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
Any preference of Industry: Prior startup experience preferred.
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelors in relevant field
Working Hours: Flexible
Perks: You get to work directly with the Founders on a completely revolutionary idea and most likely end up defining the course of history.
If getting known for your talent, skills & work ethic is what drives you, we make sure that that happens
Here’s a brief about us
Founded by IIT Delhi Alumni, we are building a platform for creators to tokenize their time and earnings and raise capital from their Fans.
Imagine investing in Tanmay Bhat when he only had 10000 followers…
Building AngelList + Binance for creators
As V1, launched a Deeplinking+ Analytics platform for acquiring creators.
25000+ Creators Using
Bloomreach Experience, the digital experience platform built for commerce, includes three pillars:
- Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising;
- Content, offering a headless CMS; and
- Engagement, offering leading CDP and marketing automation solutions.
Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by this team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and shipped out of our India office.
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What you will do:
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals for your scope of deliverables.
- Have the opportunity to define, implement, manage and deliver systems that maintain the Bloomreach Platform.
- Lead multiple small, agile teams of high-performing engineers with a diversity of experience backgrounds and locations.
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux, in a fast-paced environment while contributing to business goals and product strategies.
- Partner with Engineering Leaders, Managers and Product Management, and enable them by owning the integrity of scalable and high-quality technology solutions.
- Manage and influence remote teams to ensure a consistently awesome experience across platforms and products.
- Create a culture of Engineering Excellence and execution across locations ensuring development and adoption of best practices in technical design implementation and code optimisation.
- Help attract, select and hire best-in-class talent and help retain top performing talent by creating clear career paths and providing technical mentorship.
- Ensure compliance with security practices/guidelines and relevant technology standards.
What you will need:
- B.E./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of programming experience in Java, Python with strong knowledge of web technologies like HTTP, Tomcat or Django, networking and web performance engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in managing direct reports and their careers.
- Experience in leading technical teams in systems/databases or large scale distributed/infrastructure systems in production.
- Capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
- Extensive background in algorithms, strong software architecture and design skills in building large scale internet applications.
- Comfortable in designing big data technology solutions using Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra and MySQL.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritisation, time management abilities and focus on execution.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
Engineering Blog Link:
- https://developers.bloomreach.com/blog/2018/breaking-down-a-monolithic-api---dockerizing-the-bloomreach-suggest-api-layer.html" target="_blank">How Bloomreach built a monolithic API
- https://developers.bloomreach.com/blog/2018/developer-talk-corwin-on-containers.html" target="_blank">Developer Talk - Corwin on Containers
- https://www.bloomreach.com/en/blog/2018/07/introducing-identity-and-access-management-for-bloomreach-personalization.html" target="_blank">Introducing Identity and Access Management for Bloomreach personalization
If this is you and you can prove it – we’re interested in talking with you to join us as one of Bloomreach’s Engineering Leaders.
- Annual Medical Insurance Coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual Master Health Check-Up by up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory Retiral Benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Bloomreach-EI_IE442167.11,21.htm">Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
- Take the microservices architecture to the next level of scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build, deploy & run multi-homed systems that work in multiple regions and cloud providers.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Optimize algorithms which influence personalization, fulfillment/allocation, pricing, maps & routing, fleet positioning, payments, fraud prevention etc
- Create platforms, reusable libraries, and utilities wherever applicable
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
- Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product
- of years - 10+ years
- Type of experience - software design, development & architecture
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Contribution to open-source software, tech blogs, talking at tech conferences, etc.
○ Must have - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Go/Scala/C++. Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs.
- Knowledge of processor, memory, network and storage internals.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems including fault modeling, concurrency, isolation, consensus etc.
- Internals of a RDBMS like MySQL
- Conversant with the internals of systems like Kafka, Cassandra/Scylla, Redis, RocksDB, etc
- Working knowledge of hosting and network infrastructure (K8s, Envoy, etc)
- Familiarity with binary serialization protocols like thrift/protobuf/flatbuffers etc
- Familiar with gRPC, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
- Productionizing machine learning pipelines using Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
Java Backend Engineer - Fintech Rocketship Pilot
Distributed systems, scalability, reliability, robustness, security, quality, building responsive real time systems - do these terms get your adrenaline high? Come be a part of a high growth, fast paced engineering team building for India’s new generation.
We have an open culture, you take responsibility and ownership of what you do. No bureaucracy. No bullsh*t.
If you are up for big engineering challenges, personal and professional growth, then let’s join forces!
You’ll fit right in if you have - 2-3 years of experience building, running and maintaining production services Strong with Java and JVM based services along with PostgreSQL Comfortable working with multiple cloud providers: mainly GCP and AWS Comfortable with CI and CD tools and best practices Done TDD and values TDD
Have written and maintained idiomatic code in Go or Rust Understand security aspects of building software and software systems
Good to have –
Engineering aptitude - Owns small features, starting from technical design through completion. Appreciates and participates in technical discussions, and values guidance and feedback. Does not need mentoring on a daily basis; makes steady progress by themselves, and knows when to ask for help to get unblocked. Comfortable with referencing technical specifications, API references, source code, and man pages to understand concepts or solve issues.
Design process - Understands the role and importance of design, can write good backend specifications Can communicate API specifications and design goals to the end consumers API
Code reviews - Understands the value of peer-reviewed code; learns how to be unbiased and provide effective feedback. Asks senior engineers for help when needed (e.g.: architecture decisions, refactoring)
Engineering Manager MERN Stack
Edulastic is a fast-growing, US-based Edtech startup that is shaping the future of education. Our SaaS platform now serves over 10M students in over 8,000 schools across the USA and that number is growing. We are making such a splash that teachers, schools, and districts call us "a game-changer." We are focused on helping teachers teach and students learn and work hard to support educators by providing them with robust ways to track student progress and inform instruction with instant data.
At Edulastic our employees are the secret sauce to our success. With our team of motivated, positive, and skilled professionals, we continue to maintain, build, and grow a strong product offering. Innovation, listening to customers, and service are at the forefront of what continues to guide us to success. Diligence, excellent team communication, knowing that our work makes a difference, and a good sense of humor are the elements that carry us through each day.
We currently have an opening for a talented Engineering Manager who still thinks in code but also realizes that a manager's time is better spent mentoring and leading a team of talented engineers, someone who is not shy to dive into solving challenging problems but also understands that rolling up the sleeves and learning new skills is essential to get the job done. In this role, you would be working with the MERN stack to build our solutions that would effortlessly scale to support millions of students. You’d also be a creative thinker who constantly strives to streamline the processes to improve the quality and reduce the time to market.
8+ years of Hands-on technical expertise and people management experience.
Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large-scale production systems.
Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS, and MongoDB.
Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
What we are looking for
Engineering at Flipkart is an interesting opportunity to solve complex problems. The scope of work will include advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and large-scale applications that enrich user experience and predictive analytics in the area of Supply Chain Management. The ideal candidate will have over 9 years of relevant industry experience and a strong technology acumen coupled with excellent people management skills.
BE/B.Tech (or an equivalent degree) in Computer Science.
What you will be doing
• Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and guide an engineering team of 10-15 top notch engineers • Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals • Ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business goals and product strategies • Create clear career paths for team members and ensure their growth by mentoring them • Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback • Operate with scale and speed, amidst ﬂux in the fast-paced environment • Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management, Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace • Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption • Architect and design technically robust, ﬂexible and scalable solutions • Work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an agile environment • Drive exceptional performance and collaborate with other teams on unclear interfaces amidst the rapidly evolving organizational activities.
What you should have
• Excellent leadership skills to manage and mentor teams • A deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up • Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems • Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive modules and class-level interfaces • Superior management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience in delivering high quality projects on time • Strong technical competence with a track record of individual technical accomplishments
- Hire kick-ass engineers and coordinate their training and onboarding with our HR team
- Guide and mentor the engineering team, setting the bar for good programming skills through personal example
- Work with the Project Management team to manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Track, report and improve execution metrics for your group.
- Deliver superior economics by making strategic investments in automation, analytics and machine learning.
- Work with our security team to assure Cloud environments are secure and compliant.
- Implement engineering processes under the guidance of the CTO.
- Lead technical resolution of priority incidents, facilitate post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity of geographically distributed teams by tracking the relevant metrics
- Make an impact on overall tech culture and make collaboration across teams very effective to reach important business goals.
- Experience as a director of engineering or similar senior-level position
- 10+ years working in a technological role with 2+ years managing 20 or more engineers
- A seasoned leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
- A programmer who is a role model.
- Excellent project management skills
- High personal drive; results oriented; makes things happen
- Supremely tech savvy, able to wear multiple hats such as being an awesome programmer, application developer, technical architect, database designer.
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (i.e. DevOps, CI/CD, Agile, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective in building close working relationships with others
- Innovative and creative and adaptive to new environment
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals with creative approach to work.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for
Medibuddy and its various products.
The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help
strategise, execute product roadmap.
Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and
Lead a team of 10+ Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at Medibuddy.
Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24
Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
- Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.Skills & Qualifications:
- 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
- Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA
chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into
opportunities for growth.
Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution
balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt
quickly as per the demands of the situation.
Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite
Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports
initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering
Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the
right solutions in a timely manner.
Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
- Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
- One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
- Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP
customer experiences. Our mission is to export the Silicon Valley mindset to the rest of
We create digital products with purpose that have a lasting impact on users' lives and
clients' businesses. We are a team of dreamers and doers united by a simple idea: If we
make a difference for your customers, we will make a difference for your business too.
And it works. Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to "wow"
their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. The Wall Street
Journal calls us “YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.”
Through next-generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like
Apple, PayPal, L'Oreal, Home Depot, Kaiser Permanente, State Farm, First Republic
Bank etc develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y
Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including
Atlanta, Indianapolis, Bangalore & Sao Paulo.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We
create solutions across the digital ecosystem. Unlike agencies who are born desktop,
we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile
lifestyle. We have built and launched 207 products, delighted over 407 million users,
built over 200+ apps, work with 30 Fortune 500 clients, been responsible for over 400
billion transactions through our work and generated over $200 billion in transactions
for our clients, and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
• Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
• Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
• Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
Our team in Bangalore is close to 180 strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways.
Our goals include a culture of excellence and we are looking to transform the team to
be one of the best tech teams in Bangalore.
We are looking to hire Engineering Manager for our team in Bangalore. If you are
excited about building products that will be used by millions of consumers worldwide,
building products for brands that you can be proud to show to your family and friends –
you need to join us!
This position reports to: Director of Engineering
What you will be doing:
• Lead and coach a group of engineers in delivering scalable, flexible and secure
features to our customers
• Leading engineering teams composed of backend, frontend, iOS, Android
developers and QA.
• Deep dive into work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and
resolve the root cause of problems
• Coach your team members how to increase the quality of their code based on
• Involve in hiring for your teams
• Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automations
based on real data analysis
• Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in
various functional groups within YML, to current and future customers, and to
our partner organizations.
• Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What You Will NOT Be Doing:
• Project and Program management
• Collaborate with Product/Project Managers to plan, implement and deliver tasks
and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs.
• Manage the development pipeline to deliver features on schedule while
maintaining high bar for quality. Closely Interact with other functions such as
PM/Product, Design, UI/UX, Architecture, QA, and deliver planned features
• Deliver Web, Android and iOS applications with integration to backend services
deployed on the cloud with high quality and responsiveness.
• Create strong practices around test driven development, automating delivery of
apps to the marketplace with strong CI/CD practices.
• Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment. Should be able to
help other developers with challenges, problem solving, and help achieve
milestones as per plan.
• Prioritize to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects.
• Hands on with programming with 50%+ of bandwidth going into modules
• A highly talented developer with 9+ years of hands-on experience
• Working with MVVM, MVP, MVC patterns.
• Must have at least 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role,
and a clear record of success prior to that as a senior/staff engineer
• Must be compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to
internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities/projects in a fast-paced
• Good Analytical, Problem solving and Debugging skills.
• Hands on experience in Designing, Coding and release management.
• Continuously increasing your team's work quality & performance
• Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, functional tests, and CI/CD
• Ability to think from a product mindset
Nice to Have:
• Hands-on cloud development experience
Qualification – B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA (IT/Computer Science)
Years of Exp – 9+
Work from Home Related
Given the current situation it is expected that working from home for extended periods
is a reality that continues for many months. You must be able to fulfill the following
• You must have a high-speed broadband connection and must be able to
provide evidence of it
• You must have a proper working environment at home, like a desk, chair and any
other required infrastructure
• You must be able to and willing to attend video calls as part of your workday
• Awesome work environment and opportunity to work with great minds
• Work in fun teams on projects that impacts millions of people
• 100% reimbursement for all job/growth related courses you complete in Udemy
- Experience in mobile application development or frontend frameworks such as React.
- Managing successful engineering teams across both mobile and web application development.
- Deep knowlege in CSS methodologies like SCSS & SASS.
- Exposure in UI development like PWA, Single page app, Hybrid App, responsive web deisgn.
• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,product, operations, and clients/vendors
• BTech, MTech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or
• 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in leading teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex
technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Past experience with startups and fast-paced environments is an added advantage
• As a leader, you must have proven skills in designing and developing simple to complex
solutions including experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed
• Proven track record building and managing high-performing software development
• Practical experience and ability to drive design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members in the team.
• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for
working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19.
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India.
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech.
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program.
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
About the Role
A highly motivated and passionate individual who has experience in executing end to end web based products and applications; bringing them to production quickly and with high quality. Passionate about building flexible and scalable solutions with an eye for detail and can weigh pros and cons to find best possible solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers to plan, implement and deliver tasks and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs.
- Understand the product requirements, ask questions, and gather information and feedback to design and deliver scalable and flexible systems.
- Deliver end to end applications from front end web development, back end development, middleware integration and persisting data in no SQL or RDBMS databases.
- Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment. Should be able to help other developers with challenges, problem solving, and help achieve milestones as per plan.
- Build a highly skilled and efficient team by hiring, keeping the team motivated, and managing performance.
- Build a culture of agile development, continuous improvement, and a strong sense of product ownership.
- Drive a culture of high quality at all stages by leveraging CI/CD and automation.
- Identify architectural issues and plans to resolve them.
- Proactively identify risks and define mitigations plans.
- Prioritize to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects.
- Hands on with programming with 25%+ of bandwidth going into coding activities owned.
- A highly talented developer with 8+ years of hands-on experience in building secure and scalable web based applications using Java in backend and JS based frontend frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams of 5-10 or more engineers in product or online teams.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+, databases (SQL and NoSQL) , MySql, Mongo. Willing to learn new technologies (Golang).
- Experience working with Cassandra, Spring Boot, Kafka, RabbitMQ is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of any one or more of AngularJS/ReactJS/VueJS and CSS3, HTML5.
- Strong experience in data modelling for data storage tools in SQL; experience with noSQL is highly desirable.
- Experience building scalable solutions for 2x, 5x and 10x growth with high quality and flexibility.
- Practitioner of test driven development practices. Experience in creating and adhering to best practices for development.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and knowledge of CI/CD processes for automated integration and deployment. Basic knowledge of AWS preferred.
- Strong experience in Microservices (SRP) paradigm.
Location: Bengaluru or Gurgaon
Salary: Market rate
We need immediate Joiners
Responsible for the software architecture, design, development, testing and documentation for projects. Develop a good understanding of requirements, translate to user stories and tasks, develop the requirements, unit and integration testing and ensuring product quality as per internal and customer’s quality requirements
Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Primarily responsible for the following:
- Responsible for defining, designing, and implementing common cloud based EMS for Radisys network elements.
- Expected to create innovative solutions in conjunction system architects.
- Key technology themes include cloudification and virtualization knowledge, understanding of building the common platform systems for porting applications.
- Experienced all phases of product life cycle including requirements, design, coding, and testing
- Exposure to software/system Architecture principles and ability to work as part of a team to solve complex technical problems
- Experience in good implementation practices including good design documentation, code reviews, build processes, test automation and debugging skills.
- Knowledge on source control management and system operations. Knowledge on Modeling using higher level design tools is desirable
- Experienced of working in agile scrum teams and understanding of the process to convert the EPICs to user stories and tasks.
- Skill Sets:
- Development experience in embedded systems, Linux, and real-time OS environments.
- Experience in virtualization and containerization of Carrier network functions using tools like –
Openstack, Kubernetes, HELM charts, Open source Message bus, opensource DB like - Mongo, Redis etc.
- Experience in design and implementation of CNFs using Microservices architecture
- Must have worked in the design and development of Telecom EMS/NMS with RAN/FTTH solution is a must.
- Experience with OSS/BSS Integration and deployment in production system
- Hands-on experience in large scale design for EMS and NMS for service based applications, OSS and BSS
- Must have worked in building EMS System Architecture, designs, specifications for service provisioning, OAM and configuration, FCAPS functionality, provisioning and configuration of network elements
- Experience with developing Mirco-services in a container, orchestration, CI/CD based environment
- Experience on any one of the scripting language - Python, Perl, TCL, shell scripting
- Knowledge of a Cloud and software automation tools/framework (chef, puppet, ansible, PowerShell etc)
- Experience in protocols (SNMP/MIB, NETCONF/YANG, SFTP, Syslog, REST/RESTCONF, OF-CONFIG, SOAP)
- Understanding of Network Security protocols like IPSEC
- Understanding of IPv4 / IPv6
- Good programming skills (Java, Spring Boot, GoLang, REST, Hibernate, OSGi, JPA, Ansible playbooks, Perl and Shell scripts)
- Soft Skills
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening)
- Good mentoring skills
- Good demonstration skills and customer interaction
- Active team player & excellent interpersonal interactions skills in a team work environment
- Must have ability to drive and demand result from team, resolve technical conflicts
- Ability to front end big customers / operators with technical and business acumen desirable
Qualification and Experience
- 5 o 12 years of industry experience in EMS and cloud technologies
- Graduate/Post graduate in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering in the relevant field
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute.
- 10+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- 6+ years' experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance).
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills.
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
- Provide good attention to details.
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
leading provider of cloud and digital engineering services.
7+ years of software development experience.
2+ years of people management experience
Experience building microservices deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment(GCP, AWS ,Azure etc)
What you will do :
Build ,manage and grow a strong engineering team across engineering lifecycle (Design ,built ,test,release and operate )
Maintain and improve your team's operating metrics.
Lead end to end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner
Work closely with every member of your team to develop their careers and reach their full potential.
Looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team that is responsible for implementing solutions that improve service security,stability and performance.
We are looking for a Technical Lead - Java to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation. We want a team member who Leads projects and teams. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with the client & product management team to ensure we are building the best products & team is aligned to product goals.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years Experience working with JAVA technology
- Knowledge of Spring boot, Spring MVC frameworks
- Good knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn, and hardworking
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good to have - Experience with Google Maps API
- Lead the tech team on daily project development including legacy system refactor and new feature implementation
- At least 4+ years of people management experience.
- Design, build and maintain our trading systems that deal with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our trading systems.
- Liaise with business, product team members, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Experience in leading a team to design and build services that are highly scalable and robust.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one of the following languages: Go (preferred).
- Solid knowledge of multithreading, enterprise integration pattern, microservice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Experience in crypto exchange development.
- Experience in building systems in the finance industry.
- Familiar with DevOps work with AWS or GCP
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organization
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
The entire development lifecycle of all our consumer applications
Working closely with the Product, QA, UX & Engineering teams on strategy, solutioning and execution.
Managing everyday activities of the consumer engineering team
Working closely with the core platform engineering teams to design seamless integration
Owning management and execution of features and ensure delivery timelines
Building & mentoring the consumer engineering team
Working with the overall leadership team in creating and driving the company vision and it’s goals
8+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
Working with / managing both mobile and web applications
Ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
Since their launch in 2020, they have grown 70-80% MoM just by delivering a strong product experience. It is rated 4.7/5 by consumers across Bangalore, and adopted by hundreds of doctors.
They have been backed by marquee investors. And the overall team is now 100+
About the role
This role is for an engineering manager/leader who has been leading teams and building products in larger scale startups, serving millions of monthly users. And is ready to upgrade their role from being an engineering manager to playing the engineering head of the company.
Work closely with the founders and other leaders in the company to build a strong product and business- collaborating to create innovative products that will help define the future of healthcare.
Build a strong engineering team and processes that enhance their performance and the overall organization.
Pick the right architecture and tools for building a high performance, robust and scalable engineering platform , in a cost-effective way
Has been an experienced Engineering Manager, or Senior Engineering Manager (8 to 10+ years of experience), across at least 1 scaled mobile-first B2C tech startup with paid transactions.
Strong experience with mobile development: iOS, Android and/or React Native. Not just coding, but also leading mobile-based engineering teams.
Strong understanding of devops and backend systems needed for scaling.
Has led engineering teams that launched products from idea to launch (0 to 1), and launch to scale (1 to 10)
Has led teams of 10-15+ engineers.
Comfort in an early stage environment.
Strong communication and leadership ability- especially in the current remote environment.
Has built teams from scratch, and been through the ups and downs of building startups and products.
A passion for building impactful products.
Strong developer, still codes, and can give the best in their team a run for their money! Is pretty much a full-stack engineer.
8-10+ years of experience
Nice to have
Has founded their own company.
Built products for healthcare, logistics and/or IoT devices
Builds things outside of their full-time role- can be through writing, sharing, teaching, building, contributing, etc
• Hire and lead a team of Software Engineers in designing and building innovative solutions to disrupt Logistics industry using Technology
• Collaborate with Engineers and other Software Development Managers to ensure timely deliveries
• Partner with Product Managers to ensure bug-free delivery to satisfy and delight the customers
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
•At least 7+ years of relevant experience which includes
a. 3+ years of experience in managing a team of 5+ Software Engineers
b. 4+ years of Software Development experience as an individual contributor
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology
•Ability to deep dive into the problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions
•Proven track record of developing the career of your direct reports
•Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations
Drive technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
Deliver best engineered products from all engineering aspects like designing, architecting across multiple product lines
Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and
Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for
regular assessment and improvement
Drive best practices and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices – SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD) breaking down complex requirements into simpler stories
Establish a solid project framework and development processes
Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering
Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development
Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across on-going projects, ensure that timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmap
Direct and provide on-going leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
Who should apply?
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, Information systems)
8+ years of strong experience managing software projects right from inception to launch,
seeing the full lifecycle, building enterprise systems including at least 2 years of direct
people management experience
Worked on large scale Java/JSP applications with good understanding of web stack
Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems
Good understanding of relational databases (preferred-Crystal, Jasper), Worked with Iaas like AWS/GCP/Azure etc.
Worked with Message Brokers and Application Containers
Analyse, design and architect, develop and maintain software solutions across multiple
Direct and provide on-going leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives,
review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
Drive best practices, and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices-SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD) Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across on-going projects,ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmaps.
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
Our focus has always been towards providing technology solutions, building user-friendly financial platforms, and creating digital marketplaces
• Full knowledge of iOS, Android & Windows Phone Technologies including deep
configuration, mobile payments, device integrations, Mobile Device Management, etc
• Experience in designing end-to-end architectures for large scale enterprise solutions
across disparate technologies and having experience in define and document technical
solutions spanning multiple applications or products.
• Develop and mentor distributed teams by establishing code quality, review and
continuous improvement processes
• Confident liaison between client and technical teams using strong communication skills
to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems and solution
• SME and technical consultant to interact with Client for design thinking sessions,
solutioning, effort estimation, preparing mobile application architecture, defining mobile
security, analytics, DevOps and integration with Backend systems.
• Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements
and designing business model diagrams. Liaising with respective cross team
communication to clear blockers and ensure quality delivery.
• Versatile team player and leader with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal
skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies
• Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public
and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
• Have hands on knowledge of complete Web & Mobile Application Development Life cycle
from design thinking, requirement analysis, estimation, technical architecture, staffing,
team ramp up, development, testing, integration, security, performance, analytics,
DevOps, review process, technical documentation
• Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-
tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
• Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including
internal and external platforms, tools, and systems Mentoring
• Create architectural designs and business cases to document business challenges,
solution approaches, benefits, costs and risks
• Deliver infrastructure design, mainly focused on network, security, and other systems
• Facilitate organizational change and drive towards an industry leading mobility strategy
• Exhaustive experience in working with diverse teams and managing Complex Deliveries
of Mobile projects.
• Always keeping customer experience as on top priority, liaising with UI/UX team to create
customer experience products.
• Knowledge of working across all booming technologies such as Microservices, Cloud,
Blockchain and IoT
• Conduct product work reviews with team members
Desired Skills Set:
• 10-15 years of experience in building Web & Mobile enterprise applications which are
well architected for cloud.
• Natively render mobile applications and Web UI using technologies React Native,
• Knowledge of multiple back-end languages like C++, C# & Java
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX
• Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server
• Hands-on use of AWS services in distributed environments.
• Experience in large scale migrations to AWS or implementing and operating large scale
enterprise applications on AWS.
• AWS certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Professional and AWS Developer, AWS
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
• Strong understanding of network architecture and application development
• Experience working in a financial domain would be preferred
About the role:
We are currently building an exciting multi-category, digital first, direct to consumer, commerce business for couple of new brands in Food & Fashion category. The Engineering Team forms the backbone of our ecommerce business. We build and iterate over our core platform that handles orders, payments, delivery promises, order tracking & logistics integrations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead its development across web, mobile and in-store devices. You will be responsible to work closely with business leaders to understand the developer needs and device solutions through developer tools and services. The role incumbent will be managing a team of in-house & outsourced developers and will be responsible for defining the technical roadmap, project delivery and maintenance of systems developed in-house. The incumbent will also be driving technology innovation with integrations and external partners to fully leverage the latest solutions and technologies for servicing the organization needs. This role will report to the Director-Engineering.
Location: Mumbai based preferably. We can also consider Bangalore based candidates.
Your core responsibilities will include Technical Guidance, Execution, Delivery & Team Management. You will be working in a fast-paced and agile work environment delivering quality solutions that have immediate business impact.
- Ownership of engineering features and components from concept, design, development & deployment
- Participate in the solution architecting, enterprise interface design and integration.
- Work with users to understand requirements, design scalable and efficient technology solutions.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with other internal teams and external partners.
- Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
- Ensure teams follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing. Responsible for code quality, review & release strategy.
- Define and drive development team priorities and ensure delivery through in-house and vendor development teams.
- Keep tab of latest technology trends and leverage it for improvements/changes in current setup to increase efficiency, reduce maintenance cost and time to market.
- Publish regular reports of activities and highlight potential risks.
- Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor engineering team resources.
Required Qualification, Experience & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 6-8 years of overall developer experience with a minimum 12-18 months in the GoLang toolkit – very familiar with all the frameworks and tools needed to manage and further build an end to end ecommerce platform in GoLang
- Prior experience in managing a team of min 4-6 engineers
- Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging
- Experience of implementing Agile, Scrum & Iterative processes
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from Web development, Mobile app development, AWS, machine learning, large scale data platforms, service oriented architecture, distributed systems design, android platform, front-end user interfaces, databases etc.
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to bel responsible for planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
To join us, you need to demonstrate the ability for hands-on leadership and ensure you can offer guidance and support, as well as assisting developers at code level.
As an Engineering Manager in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Coordinate team activities with product managements, support, and other interfaces
To be an Engineering Manager in JFrog you need...
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
What is the Job like?
- Architect super configurable mobile SDKs - the one’s which are written in native but are server-controlled
- Build a suite of Mobile Backend services which will control the SDK distribution and mobile configurations
- Fantasy the idea of composing a mobile application from different components rather than build every application from scratch
- Expertise in security - cryptography, encrypted secure storage, mobile security to power our super-secure payments originating from mobile devices
- Work on a framework to let mobile developers build their mobile screens on multiple stacks - native, server-driven, web, react-native, flutter, ionic etc.
Who should apply?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, information systems)
- 8+ years of experience building enterprise systems including at least 2 years of direct people management experience
- Worked on large scale mobile applications with a good understanding of mobile stack
- Good understanding of server stack as well so as to have a good understanding of the entire story
- Good understanding of SDK distribution using maven, pods, xcframeworks etc
- Analyse, design and architect, develop and maintain software solutions across multiple projects
- Direct and provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
- Drive best practices, and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices - SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across ongoing projects, ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmaps
The primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall software development lifecycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Drive effective, mature Agile practices and continuous execution improvements within your teams.
- Manage stakeholder planning and communications ensuring key outcomes
- Recruit, coach, and mentor the best engineering and management talent
- Build, coach, and manage a strong team of engineers that set the standard and can up-level the overall talent of the extended organization.
- Provide a strong understanding of native mobile developer platforms and bring broad thought leadership to the next generation mobile developer experience.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent products and programs from delivering on product and program objectives.
- Balance urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and taking the initiative to resolve problems; holds internal stakeholders accountable where appropriate.
- 8+ years of industry experience with 2+ years of senior leadership experience.
- Solid track record of over-achieving engineering and platform delivery and scaling targets in high volume, innovative and fast-paced high-pressure environment; proven results in delivery on platform product.
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Python/Scala. Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs with skilled knowledge on UI technologies like Angular 2+, React, D3.JS
- Working experience with Agile methodologies and durable team concepts.
- Knowledge in DevOps practices and tools.
- Knowledge in Cloud Technologies, CI/CD, Jenkins, Testing methodologies is preferred.
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
team. We’re looking for versatile developers who will:
1. Be product owners
2. Plan, design and build new products and manage their delivery
3. Play the role of tech lead of a team
4. Build new tools and processes around development to increase efficiency
5. Drive culture, learning and development of team members and of the larger org
6. Take ownership and get the job done
7. Have extensive experience in building API products
Who are we looking for?
The leadership role is a software development manager role involving end-to-end engineering
ownership of product(s), and a technical team to go along with it.
● Owner — You will be responsible for one or more products to be delivered to the business.
From a broad point of view, you will be responsible for:
○ Transfer of knowledge from product teams to engineering
○ Interfacing with developer relations, sales and other functions
○ Planning, prioritization of various tasks related to the projects
○ Development of the project, including your own contribution
○ Ensuring quality of deliverables
○ Communication with stakeholders throughout the process
○ Ensure adherence to Agile principles and SCRUM processes
● Technical Manager — As a senior technical member, you will make technical decisions
that will shape current and future behaviours and capabilities of products, and be in good
shape to do so. The requirements here are:
○ Good knowledge and experience of working with backend systems, including
production maintenance experience are must-haves
and their popular frameworks, libraries and ecosystems. More languages and
frameworks fetch more points
○ Knowledge of ancillary technologies, including logging, monitoring,
dashboarding etc would be necessary
● Enabler — You will introduce various checks and balances in the system, introduce
processes which stop people from failing, introduce tools which make people more
productive, optimize where required, hand-hold where necessary and essentially go
through the entire SDLC, and take the team with you.
● Nurturer — You will cater to your team's interests, help them learn, point them towards
things worth learning, facilitate information cross-pollination within the org, communicate
and cater towards individuals growth-paths, career aspirations and sanity.
We will spare no efforts to ensure that Setu empowers you to do the most important
- You will help hire, train, mentor and lead a team of highly capable engineers. You will also help in the development of the company's scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors.
- In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize the use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system.
- Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead the development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
- Mentor and grow new employees on your team
Skills & Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high-quality code
● B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 10+ years or more of progressive software technology experience with at least 3 years in
● Completely hands on with technology and architecture. Start-up experience is a huge plus.
● Excellent and robust understanding of scalable product system architecture(s), platforms and core technologies
● Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering process in adverse conditions. Ability to embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond ownership
● Provide thought leadership to setup and manage processes.
● Ability to work in a very agile, fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
● Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a start-up environment
● Hands on knowledge of some of these technologies - MySQL, NodeJS, message brokers such as Kafka/RabbitMQ, NoSQL datastore such as Mongo, Cassandra, Arango, distributed caches such as Redis/memcached, container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes etc. is a big plus.
● Great proficiency in distributed systems design, with an ability to make the right trade-offs for creating future-proof solutions.
● Ability to build a product end-to-end with the help of multiple engineering teams
Company is seeking an Engineering Leader to deliver and manage a diverse development team. An ideal candidate would lead a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers by structured thinking and delivering world class solutions by defining problems, prioritize them to solve and Identify them.
• You shall lead, manage and hire a team of talented engineers.
• Collaborating with your team, you will craft a thoughtful, long-term technical
strategy that anticipates future needs while being pragmatic about what’s needed
• You will have practical exposure of being a technical contributor and mentor for your
• While most of your focus will be on people management, you’re not afraid to roll up
your sleeves and do actual technical work when appropriate.
• Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by
• Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to
use and abide by.
• You will work with other engineering managers and functional leads to set direction
and ambitious goals for your team, Engineering, and Company as a whole.
• 7-12 years of programming experience in Python, Java, Ruby or other language.
• Experience with managing production systems in cloud platform.
• Have solid understanding of database technologies.
• Great numerical and analytical skills.
• Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Your responsibilities will be to manage, design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems to serve product requirements, working closely with other engineers to build new features in a scalable manner.
- You will own services across the stack and be responsible for code quality, uptime and performance.
- As a company, we are very data driven and customer focused.
- As an engineering team we are driven by metrics and care deeply about agility without compromising on the quality of our output.
- We are working towards creating an environment where individuals feel empowered to take ownership and initiative.
- You have a minimum 2 years of experience managing a team and working on production systems at a product company with decent scale
- You have been part of projects where new subsystems were built to serve product requirements.
- You have strong knowledge of software development fundamentals, including relevant background in computer science fundamentals and agile development methodologies.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- You practice test driven development
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- You know that startups are a team sport.
- You listen to others, aren't afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- If you like to tinker and have hobby projects, send us links to your blog, github etc!
The role is a unique opportunity to be a part of the founding team of KAFQA. The responsibilities of the role are per the below:
- Product Development: Partner with the founder & product team to create a product roadmap. Play a key role in influencing customer journey, experience & specs (requirements) with UX designer. Develop front end & back end systems and product.
- Project Management: Ensure product development roadmap timelines are achieved in a timely way with the right quality with progress being reported daily.
- Technology Excellence: Ensure that products have best in class performance on technology driven aspects (load times, latencies, uptimes, etc.).
- Hiring & Developing: Hire junior engineers, divide project workloads & mentor them to continuously improve.
- Continuous Improvement: Establish intake mechanism to convert user feedback into actionable upgrades in product design, track feature improvements & their progress and create rapid improvement cycles.
The role is based in Bangalore, India and reports directly to the Founder, CEO of KAFQA.
Experience, Qualifications & Person Type
The ideal candidate is someone who –
- Has 4+ years of experience in a digital product company
- Should have managed teams before & can attract talent
- Has experience in front end & back end technologies across web & app development
- Has studied computer science or engineering with at least a B.Tech or B.E degree
- Preferably is skilled in at least one performing art or is a hobbyist
- Is willing to fulfil all responsibilities above & go beyond as needed
- Moves fast to launch & fix issues
- Is a self-starter, operates with autonomy & can deal with ambiguity while being innovative & frugal
Our client is looking for a dynamic & passionate Engineering Director who can lead
the tech-stack and drive teams with great leadership qualities.
Here is the JD for Director Engineering -
Completely responsible for product delivery, development process, and engineering
team performance. Provide overall direction to the engineering team.
Create a top-performing engineering team culture with high levels of team engagement
Work with the leadership team and product leaders to define engineering roadmaps and
solve business problems.
Drive engineering efforts to deliver releases with high quality and on time.
Communicate cross-functionally, hold your command in technical discussion, and have
Work with the Talent Acquisition team to hire top talent, manage their performance,
and successfully mentor them to grow professionally.
Hands-on technical expertise and management experience.
8+ years of people management experience.
Demonstrated experience to recruit and manage technical teams, including team
Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large
scale production systems.
Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS and MongoDB.
Strong software engineering skills and best practices including experience with a
modern agile development and deployment workflow.
Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.