Lightning Job By Cutshort ⚡
As part of this feature, you can expect status updates about your application and replies within 72 hours (once the screening questions are answered)
About CK-12 Foundation
We have a strong education platform that has served over 265+ Million users , have got over 2.33+ Billion questions answered, and have more than 290 thousand customized Flexbooks . We have embarked on an exciting journey to build an AI-powered student tutor and Teacher Assistant to build the next generation of learning platforms.
CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents. We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and do the right thing! It also provides us with the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non-bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud-based (AWS) and AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out our latest product offering - Introducing Flexi 2.0 Flexi,
our AI-powered Student Tutor - http://www.ck12.org/flexi
AI-powered Teacher Assistant - https://www.ck12.org/pages/teacher-assistant/
Position: Frontend UI Developer (React)
● Passion for creating great user experiences that are simple and intuitive
● Good understanding of CS fundamental algorithms and Data Structures.
● Great problem solver
● Understand and research different front-end frameworks and patterns to implement great user interfaces.
● Implements solution keeping in mind the user experience, multi-devices, performance across devices, and bandwidths to provide intuitive user experiences on multiple devices
● Ability to work in an Agile environment with rapid iterations
● Creates and reviews high-level designs
● Creates detailed designs from high-level designs and reviews designs of other team members
● A Code Craftsman who follows the best software development and coding practices delivering understandable and maintainable code with thorough unit test coverage
● Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or equivalent
● At least 2 years of experience
● Hands-on experience with front-end frameworks like React, Redux, Backbone, Webpack, and Lerna.
● Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, design, and development.
● In-depth knowledge of browser internals and architecture.
● Experience with responsive web design and frameworks media queries and delivering functionality that works with a range of client devices/browsers from desktops and laptops to mobile platforms.
● Experience with UI design patterns, security, performance, and usability.
● Familiar with standard development tools like version control systems (Subversion/Git), and build tools like Grunt.
● Working experience with ES6, Node.js
● Experience in a driven, distributed, and agile development environment.
● Experience with performance optimizations to deliver a great website experience to all users.
● Familiarity working with LLM (Large Language Models) ● Familiarity with Storybook for React or similar frameworks.