Engineering Management Jobs in Pune
What makes Bakerstreet Digital Special?
- We are not just an ambitious niche Digital Products company. We are an ambitious Digital Products Company with a soul.
- Fundamental to our mission of building world-class (we have won a webby award) global (26 global products live 0-1) digital products is an integrated, mission-driven team of consultants who are passionate about their competency.
Who are you? A Design Director that can skillfully orchestrate end to end Product Design. You:
- Have a deep understanding of CX, Design beyond screens and colours
- Have Experience with design ops and Leading design teams to successful product launches.
- Are efficient at managing the entire Digital Product Design process from Customer Research, Competitive UX analysis, Product articulation, down to the detail of Digital Product Design execution.
- Are keen to work with Product Management to create and validate inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends.
- Can translate business requirements and customer experience into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap.
- Deliver platform product and associated artefacts that set the standard for engineering excellence and technical product management including API designs, solutions architecture definitions and specifications, including contributions for industry specifications.
- Are adept at working with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UI designers, to define the details behind the business requirements.
What you will do:
- Act as the voice of the business customer and accountable for multiple Products
- Consult, counsel and be able to influence stakeholders on design concepts,, product requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Lead the interfacing with principle engineers to translate product requirements into technical specifications ensuring architecture, data and delivery alignment minimising time to market.
- Drive rapid prototyping, iterative design and delivery for a suite of MasterCard products and/or services.
- Ensure technical, customer, and business goals are in line with business requirements.
- Balance trade-offs between competing interests using judgement, data, and experience.
- Tackle hard problems in new spaces, bringing clarity to ambiguity and complexity and demonstrating ways to simplify.
Who you are NOT. This role is not for you if:
- You can only follow the given process
- Not think out of the box, innovative solutions to startup problems
- Have time-zone constraints (this is a global time-zone role)
- Work only in a slow, structured environment where you are given detailed instructions
- Want to take it easy and prefer a passive role
What you will get:
- An opportunity to be a core team member with a growth path
- A fast-growth environment with a world-class visual design quality
- A place where you matter, and are not just a cog in the wheel
- An encouraging, informal and comfortable working environment
- A place where flexibility can be earned and work-life balance ensured
- Competitive Compensation
You will learn:
- How to build a design and build a global quality next generation product ground-up
- How to build a Design-led organization ground-up
- How to build a Zero to one product, not just enhance or add features
What are the Qualifications you need?
- Proficiency with visual design programs such as Figma / Adobe XD and Prototyping tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces.
- Ability to think through product propositions ground-up considering the entire product eco-system
- Must have Customer-oriented data-led problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders
- Professional written and interpersonal skills.
Our Hiring Process:
- You Apply and answer a couple of quick questions [5 min]
- Recruiter screen by Siddharth Kabra/Sangeeta Bhagwat [10 min]
- Hiring Manager screen with Chinmay Kulkarni [30 min]
- Skills assessment take-home challenge [30 min]
- Confirmation Stage: [30 min] Peer interview & Chinmay Kulkarni call [30 min]
- Final Stage Onboarding call with Sangeeta Bhagwat [15 min]
- We make you an offer and proceed for reference check.
Purpose of Job
Who you are
You will be responsible for:
· Building complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse platforms and technologies.
· Writing and implementing efficient code
· Working closely with other developers, QA Teams, UX designers, Business Analysts and Product Owner
· Working in different domains and client environments
· Documenting standard operating procedures
You will get to:
· Build custom software using cutting edge technologies and tools
· Work with amazing and talented people to make innovative solutions a reality
· Work in a dynamic environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
· Travel overseas and work with diverse teams.
· Build your own career path
· Excellent software programming skills with a strong focus on code quality
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent creativity skills to help invent new ways for approaching problems and suggest innovative solutions
· Good UI design using HTML and a modern CSS framework such as Bootstrap, Foundation or Semantic UI.
· Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
· Experience with working with AWS specially Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation
· Knowledge of Amazon Connect
· Knowledge of Python, Node.js, Spring Boot
· Knowledge of Relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
· Knowledge of software standard methodologies, like Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
· Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
We are looking for Product Engineering Managers to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement MangoApps products. In this role, you will mentor other product engineers, establish best engineering practices and can act as a lead on cross-team projects. You will drive positive change in the work environment with a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences including Product Management and Customer Success stakeholders. You will report to our Director of Product Engineering.
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 product engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Lead & coach your team to deliver high quality software, promote engineering excellence, AWS cost optimization and operational monitoring best practices
- Ensure all changes are fully tested before being deployed
- Ensure deployment plans are well considered and include appropriate scalability and load tests
- Delegate and harnesses the aggregate strength of your team
- Focus on individual and team needs to foster positive culture consistent with MangoApps values
- Collaborate with product management and customer support teams
- Hands on product engineering experience and 3+ years managing product engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one software development language such as Ruby on Rails or Java
- Experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- Like to dive in, always learn new things, and build awesome products
- BE/B Tech in Computer Science equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
MUST-HAVE CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and proactively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages excellent performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, and you’re excited by the chance to play a significant role.
- Passionate: You must be excited about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Go-getter: Thrive in a startup environment and have a “whatever it takes” approach to accomplishing goals.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Software released to production should be 100% bug-free
- End-user load time should be < 3 seconds for all flows
- Should scale to able handle 50K users in all flows
- Kudos from customers that module / service just works flawlessly
WHY JOIN US?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and believe that digital workplace transformation is a massive opportunity
WHAT IS WORKING AT MANGOAPPS LIKE?
- Individual initiatives, accountability, and driving outcomes are the key to success
- Work, performance, and results are real sources of happiness
- Teamwork is celebrated
- Your career at MangoApps is limited by you and nothing else
leading provider of cloud and digital engineering services.
7+ years of software development experience.
2+ years of people management experience
Experience building microservices deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment(GCP, AWS ,Azure etc)
What you will do :
Build ,manage and grow a strong engineering team across engineering lifecycle (Design ,built ,test,release and operate )
Maintain and improve your team's operating metrics.
Lead end to end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner
Work closely with every member of your team to develop their careers and reach their full potential.
Looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team that is responsible for implementing solutions that improve service security,stability and performance.
Our focus has always been towards providing technology solutions, building user-friendly financial platforms, and creating digital marketplaces
• Full knowledge of iOS, Android & Windows Phone Technologies including deep
configuration, mobile payments, device integrations, Mobile Device Management, etc
• Experience in designing end-to-end architectures for large scale enterprise solutions
across disparate technologies and having experience in define and document technical
solutions spanning multiple applications or products.
• Develop and mentor distributed teams by establishing code quality, review and
continuous improvement processes
• Confident liaison between client and technical teams using strong communication skills
to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems and solution
• SME and technical consultant to interact with Client for design thinking sessions,
solutioning, effort estimation, preparing mobile application architecture, defining mobile
security, analytics, DevOps and integration with Backend systems.
• Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements
and designing business model diagrams. Liaising with respective cross team
communication to clear blockers and ensure quality delivery.
• Versatile team player and leader with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal
skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies
• Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public
and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
• Have hands on knowledge of complete Web & Mobile Application Development Life cycle
from design thinking, requirement analysis, estimation, technical architecture, staffing,
team ramp up, development, testing, integration, security, performance, analytics,
DevOps, review process, technical documentation
• Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-
tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
• Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including
internal and external platforms, tools, and systems Mentoring
• Create architectural designs and business cases to document business challenges,
solution approaches, benefits, costs and risks
• Deliver infrastructure design, mainly focused on network, security, and other systems
• Facilitate organizational change and drive towards an industry leading mobility strategy
• Exhaustive experience in working with diverse teams and managing Complex Deliveries
of Mobile projects.
• Always keeping customer experience as on top priority, liaising with UI/UX team to create
customer experience products.
• Knowledge of working across all booming technologies such as Microservices, Cloud,
Blockchain and IoT
• Conduct product work reviews with team members
Desired Skills Set:
• 10-15 years of experience in building Web & Mobile enterprise applications which are
well architected for cloud.
• Natively render mobile applications and Web UI using technologies React Native,
• Knowledge of multiple back-end languages like C++, C# & Java
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX
• Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server
• Hands-on use of AWS services in distributed environments.
• Experience in large scale migrations to AWS or implementing and operating large scale
enterprise applications on AWS.
• AWS certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Professional and AWS Developer, AWS
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
• Strong understanding of network architecture and application development
• Experience working in a financial domain would be preferred
end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly
improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
• Oversee the mobile app, m-site, desktop, cloud infrastructure
• Back-end development teams and their assigned tasks
• Monitor reliability, performance of all internal systems and suggest improvements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Should be able to guide engineers for best UI performance of app, m-site and
• Manage software development by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Design strategies for future development plans based on the company’s overall
objectives and resources
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and
engineering best practices.
• Experience with start-up will be a big plus.
• Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture managing team of
• (10+)Sr. Engineers / Engineers, and coaching mentoring while maintaining a handson role
with code development
• Started as a Software Engineer and worked with a wide range of technologies,
especially with the modern open source stacks
• Work experience as a Technical Architect/Senior Manager/ VP of Engineering or in a
position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with both cloud/AWS and on premise technologies
• Big Data/ML experience is a plus
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Ability to mentor and grow engineering talent
• Excellent project management skill
Send us your code samples / GitHub profile / published articles if applicable.
Turtlemint is a technology platform (www.turtlemint.com) that facilitates the entire process of researching, decision-making and buying insurance. Turtlemint is building a unique insure-tech platform which is enabling the transaction of complex products with a simple and intuitive interface. On the supply side, Turtlemint aggregates more than 25+ insurers and enabled three unique demand channels. First, direct to consumer channels where users buy insurance products. Second, a network of more than 35,000 agents across India who use the Turtlemint platform to sell insurance. Third, the SaaS version of the same platform for large financial institutes, consumer applications, etc. Now it is expanding into other financial products like mutual funds.
Turtlemint is founded by IIT/IIM graduates, ex-employees of top companies like ICICI Lombard, Yahoo, eBay, and Quikr. Our management team has to experience building and growing many successful technologies and consumer companies. Turtlemint is growing rapidly and it is already amongst the top three insurance platforms in India. We are a well-funded startup, backed by leading Venture Capitalists, and began our business operations in September 2015. We strongly believe that as a technology-led company we can truly disrupt the 'old economy' financial services businesses, a multi-billion dollar industry in India.
Turtlemint promises to offer an intellectually enriching and fun work environment, and an opportunity to work with smart and dedicated colleagues. Come make an impact on millions of users on an important but often ignored aspect of their life - financial security & freedom!
Position: Engineering Manager
Role: Engineering Manager
Experience: 8-15 years
- Lead a team of engineers and product managers in the ideation and technical development of product
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for Enterprise software product development
- Work closely with business leaders to develop short and long-term strategies
- Manage business expectations, resolve conflicts, and keep businesses aligned
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Experience scaling and managing 5-20 person teams
- Develop and drive execution on 6 months and 1-year road maps
- Drive innovation, establish new approaches in improving productivity
- Establish a metrics-based organization, develop key operational metrics and push for continuous improvement.
- Ensure system security, data integrity, and accuracy of financial records
Skillset and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in building Enterprise software
- 8+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, or C++
- 5+ years experience with agile systems development methodologies
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management
- 3+ years of experience with either Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django, etc
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great customer experiences
- Experience developing financial products like insurance, mutual funds, etc
- Ability to understand the business logic
- Organizational and analytical skills
What you get:
- To work in an early-stage consumer internet start-up in disruptive space
- To directly work with the founding team of graduates from IIT/ IIM and experience at top internet brands like Yahoo/ eBay
- Great culture and work with like-minded colleagues
- Health Insurance for yourself and your family