Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for
Medibuddy and its various products.
The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help
strategise, execute product roadmap.
Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and
Lead a team of 10+ Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at Medibuddy.
Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24
Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
- Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.Skills & Qualifications:
- 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
- Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA
chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into
opportunities for growth.
Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution
balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt
quickly as per the demands of the situation.
Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite
Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports
initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering
Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the
right solutions in a timely manner.
Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
- Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
- One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
- Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP
In partnership with a 1500 CR Conglomerate, we will be launching a combination of FinTech & Retail Marketplace focused on empowering Kirana Stores. Formal registration, Business Plan finalization and kick off activities are work-in progress. We are looking for 15+ years experienced technology specialists for the role of Head of Engineering.
You will lead this new value stream help the platform scale up to servce over a 3 million user base in the next 3-5 years
Location ; Bangalore / Chennai
Travel : Would be required in the initial stages
Compensation - Industry standard (open for discussion)
- 9+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Passionate Tech architect, retains narrow focus on research, system performance and scalability
Expertise in front end and backend JS frameworks (e.g React JS, Angular, Node.js,)
Experience working in Agile frameworks and project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Git)
Knowledge of deployment of distributed RESTful search platforms (like Elastic or Solr)
Experience in designing hyperscale architecture
Exposure to Microservices, AI/ML and Bigdata
Worked on at least one 0-1 initiative preferably IT product firms
Hands on ready to code any time (candidates who are interested only in advisory model, please excuse)
Candidates with good exposure working with OR algorithms would be given preference
Reasonably networked to be able to attract tech talent and build a large Engineering team independently
- Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver software products that delight our customers and accelerates our business growth.
- Be a combination of technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the ability to influence, guide, and inspire those around you.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers.
- Understand the market and our end customers.
- Stays current on leading industry trends.
- Conduct performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports.
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
Engineering Manager (Bangalore, Remote option available) 8+ years of experience
Why should you look at this role?
Salary 65-80 lakh per annum
- High growth startup in quick commerce space (10 min delivery)
- Given our very high hiring bar, we offer a very competitive salary and substantial equity to create everlasting wealth for our early believers as the company grows.
- Work on real world logistics problems & benefit from the rocket ship Zepto is!
Tech Team: 40-50 (200+ in few months)
About the Employer
Zepto is a fast-growing startup that delivers products in 10 minutes through an optimised network of dark stores that we're building across the country!
Just 6 months after launching, we've raised $160 million from marquee
investors in Silicon Valley and India. Our investors include Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, and many more! We’ve built out one of the best startup teams in India, with Senior Executives from Uber, Flipkart, Dream11, PhonePe, Goldman Sachs, Pepperfry, and institutions like Stanford, INSEAD, IITs, and IIMs.
The magic of Zepto is our ability to consistently deliver 2,500+ products in 10 minutes flat. It's the core of what we do, and the reason why we’ve been able to grow so fast with phenomenal customer love. Our mission is simple: to make 10-minute delivery the new normal.
Funding Zepto has raised a total of $160M in funding over 3 rounds.
Their latest funding was raised on Dec 20, 2021 from a Series C round.
“High Ownership, Lots of Learning, Broad Roles, Accessible Leaders”
"Alot of benefits like ZeptoJoy coupon, internet bill reimbursement and cab reimbursement is also taken care of. Overtime is paid."
Software Engineer -> Sr Software Engineer -> Lead -> EM -> AD / Director / VP -> Head of Engineering -> CTO
The EM role would involve team management
- Discussion on past experience and problem discussion based on projects done
- Low level design
- High level design
(One of the rounds will test scenario management via case study since it’s a managerial role)
What You will do Everyday?
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of top noch engineers.
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
- As an Engineering Manager you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- B.E/B.Tech or any other similar qualification with experience as a tech leader and people manager for at least 8+ years.
- Experience of managing teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Experience with building, developing and coaching teams of best technical talent in the Industry.
- Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product development etc.
- Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product.
● Ability to understand product from Customer’s point of view to design / develop product feature.
● Should have some years of experience in Techno - Managerial role
● Experience with product based companies is preferable
What you will do:
- Customer Oriented: Being obsessed with providing the highest quality product and experience to the customer.
- A Go-Getter: Being a highly driven individual who goes that extra mile to deliver an outstanding product to the business team.
- Analytical and a Problem Solver: Understanding the needs and requirements and accordingly conceptualizing and designing solutions for the problems.
- Data Driven: Maintaining a track record of data driven decision making
- Adaptable: Demonstrating the ability to work in a fast paced and hyper-growth environment where the requirements are constantly changing.
- A Technology Geek: Being fanatical about technology and always on the look-out for newer and better ways of building solutions
- A Team Builder: Being a thoughtful interviewer/ mentor who constantly raises the bar for excellence. Mentoring and coaching tech talent to become tomorrow’s leaders, ensuring each new hire be significantly better than the team to raise the collective bar.
- A Visionary: Complementing product and design leadership with finding the right solution to the problems company is trying to solve for tomorrow.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Aligning our cross-functional teams to design and develop products aligned with our ambitions and strategy.
What you need to have:
- Good to have Bachelors/ Masters in Computer Science or a related field from IITs/ NITs/ BITS Pilani or other premium institutes
- 7 + years of overall experience with 2 to 5 years of people management experience as an Engineering / Software Development Manager
- Experience with managing people and projects is a must
- Expertise in J2EE server technologies
- Experience with high performance websites catering to high daily traffic is a plus
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience with API Design, ability to architect and implement an intuitive customer and third-party integration story
- Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services
- Exceptional design and architectural skills
- Some of the technologies/frameworks that we work on - Microservices Architecture, Python, Rest/gRPC, Node.js, MySQL, Postgres, AWS, ReactJS, React Native, Kubernetes
We are a technology and innovation company in the fintech space, delivering business accounting software to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). With more than 5 Million users across 140 countries, we are one of the fastest growing companies in this space. We take the complexity out of invoicing, inventory management & accounting, making it so simple, such that small businesses can spend less time on manual bookkeeping and spend more time focusing on areas of business that matter.
Vyapar's Engineering team builds the technology platform that eases and digitizes our customers' bookkeeping and enables the transition of cumbersome accounting data from general bookkeeping to a digitized always available resource. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web and mobile applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, accounting workflows , inventory-management etc. We are a small focused technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of this rapidly growing team and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive fintech platform.
- Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
Desired Skills And Requirements
- Technical depth: You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability: Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools. You will need to plan, coordinate and oversee the technical and engineering activities of your team. You will be responsible for planning engineering projects and overseeing the efficient running of projects, including providing supervision and guidance to other engineers.
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science.
- Total of 9+ years' experience building cutting edge products. Deep experience in building very large scale applications and 2 + years' experience in team management
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
• Manage new feature releases while keeping the quality bar high in term of engineering practices
• Manage, Mentor and coach a team of 5-10 frontend engineers while being a hands-on engineer yourself
• Understand current set of the product's UI components and work on extending the same and build more reusable components
• Define & document coding standards & best practices
• Improve processes and technology continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team
• Optimize solution for performance and scalability
• Dive deep into the usage of coding patterns and contribute in curating a library of reusable components that can be used to build more complex and unified Interfaces
• Estimate, Plan, Track and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Write test cases and document UI components
• Ensure code quality by reviewing team members code and mentor others in the frontend team
• Interface with the Design Backend and DevOps teams
• 8+ years of product development experience with expertise in designing and implementing high-performing web applications
• 3+ of experience in leading a team of junior and senior React engineers
• Strong knowledge in React, ES6, TypeScript and HTML/CSS3
• Experience in building React applications using Redux, Flux, webpack, NPM, create-react-app
• Deep understanding of Frontend Performance Optimization aspects - with respect to resource loading strategy, CPU/Memory profiling on the browser
• Experience in testing libraries such as Jest, Enzyme or Mocha
• Experience in building analytics UI using D3, HighCharts, amChart libraries
• Experience in building Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
• Knowledge on Node server, Socket connections and mechanisms to handle real-time async data
• Good knowledge in content serving technologies like HTTP, CDN, proxies and caching
A Solutions Architect is responsible for validating the logical models, ensuring standards, driving consolidation of redundant data, and enforcing the strategic vision through data models. The Architect role has an in-depth understanding of both our business capabilities and how it aligns to our enterprise data models. Partners with Enterprise Architecture to consult on and develop domain models. Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services. consults with business leadership on the design of systems and projects. May consult with leadership on emerging technologies.
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding solution architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
E2E accountability of solution design across multiple products, integrations and technologies that deliver successful business outcomes which meet reliability, availability, serviceability needs.
Experience working with the latest emerging tehnolgies and Programming Languages like - Java, .Net, MERN Stack, MEAN Stack, Angular, React, VueJS, NodeJS, Block Chain, GoLang, ML, Data Science related areas, etc
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
Resolving technical problems as they arise.
Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources, and scope
Looking for Software Architects @ WinSoft Technologies (I) Pvt Ltd
Winsoft Technologies is offering experienced software developers and architects an unparalleled product engineering opportunity in cutting edge Software Defined Network (SDN) space, with fast-growing clients in the USA and Europe.
We are a talented team of software professionals with a strong technology and domain focused growth culture. You can look forward to an open, flexible working environment combined with a generous CTC package.
We invite the following individuals to contact us and have a conversation about this opportunity:
1) Senior Software Architect / Systems Designer (experience level: 7+ years)
An expert having experience with a large variety of multi-tier architectures, aware of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of Java-based solutions, collaborate with multiple teams to provide efficient and innovative solutions to business requirements preferably in the networking domain and have good understanding & experience of high-performance micro-services scale & real-time response systems.
If you take pride in your work and desire to leave a mark on the industry do consider joining our specialized team of engineers.
Snapwiz Edutech India Pvt ltd Project Manager/Engineering Manager Job Description
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, hands-on Engineering Manager to manage an agile engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of application and front-end / Back-end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
❖ 8+ years of solid experience in developing a high-performance web application
❖ Technically Hands-on, Prior experience with scalable Architecture, managing team of (5-10) Sr. engineers / Engineers, and coaching, mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role with code development
❖ Experience with high-performance web application catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus ❖ Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks ❖ Experience and ability to bring in software engineering lifecycle best practice ❖ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills