- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute.
- 10+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- 6+ years' experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance).
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills.
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
- Provide good attention to details.
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
About Climate Connect Digital
Our team is inspired to change the world by making energy greener, and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, UK, and now headquartered in Gurgaon, India. From unassuming beginnings, we have become a leading energy-AI software player, at the vanguard of accelerating the global energy transition.
In 2020, we were acquired by ReNew Power, India’s largest renewables developer. Following ReNew’s NASDAQ listing in summer 2021, Climate Connect Digital has been newly formed as a fully independent subsidiary. With backing from ReNew for an ambitious and visionary new strategy, for rapid organic and inorganic growth.
Our mission has technology at its core and involves unlocking value by leveraging information technology and AI/ML across the energy ecosystem. The world is still at the nascent stages of using such technologies in the energy sector to create massive value for all the stakeholders.
OptiMax is Climate Connect Digital's future-ready offering to renewable energy asset operators and investors. It boasts sophisticated big data processing and analytical capabilities, which feed into a suite of cutting-edge algorithms for optimising operational and commercial decision-making. Boosting renewable energy production is a critical part of the company's vision of a Net Zero grid, wherein economies around the world are able to permanently retire thermal energy production facilities, in defence of our planet's future.
About the Role
At CC.D, Engineering Managers are responsible for ensuring their team is staffed, performing and delivering quality solutions, while supporting the wellbeing and ongoing professional development of their team.
We're looking for candidates with significant experience building, managing, and monitoring backend services at scale. You will be expected to manage your time well, communicate effectively, and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You will lead a team of backend engineers, helping them solve technical challenges, project planning and ensuring that enterprise engineering practices are followed to help them build out robust & scalable backend services.
- Help manage our software development cycles by supporting prioritizing, speccing, and building features
- Develop a roadmap for your team’s focus areas and set goals to work towards that plan
- Help tune our engineering processes to allow us to scale and continue shipping high-quality software (ensuring effective implementation of engineering practices such as test-driven-development, CI/CD & more)
- Regularly conduct peer reviews, code audits and promote good practices
- This position is primarily a management role but the candidate should be extremely comfortable with coding efforts like PR reviews, bug fixes, and other coding activities outside of critical path development efforts
- Work with engineering leadership to solve technical and architectural challenges
- 6+ years in hands-on engineering roles (4+ in senior / principal level)
- 2+ years in managing engineering teams
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
- Have significant experience in backend technologies like databases, async job processing, messaging systems, indexing/search systems, web frameworks, etc
- Be detail-oriented, organized, and great at oral/written communication
- Be growth-minded and want to help improve our processes, scale teams, and take other actions that significantly improve our productivity and quality.
What’s in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing market rates. In addition to your introductory package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and leave policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Medical insurance/Term insurance, Gratuity benefits over and above the salaries
- Access to industry and domain thought leaders.
At Climate Connect, you get a rare opportunity to join an established company at the early stages of a significant and well-backed global growth push.
We are building a remote-first organisation ingrained in the team ethos. We understand its importance for the success of any next-generation technology company. The team includes passionate and self-driven people with unconventional backgrounds, and we’re seeking a similar spirit with the right potential.
What it’s like to work with us
You become part of a strong network and an accomplished legacy from leading technology and business schools worldwide when you join us. Such as the Indian Institute of Technology, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, University College London, and many more.
We don’t believe in constrained traditional hierarchies and instead work in flexible teams with the freedom to achieve successful business outcomes. We want more people who can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our comprehensive support system comprises a global network of advisors and experts, providing unparalleled opportunities for learning and growth.
What you will do-
- Play a critical role in shaping the product & technical vision for the team while working closely with product and business leaders across the company on a regular basis
- Build, lead, develop and coach teams of top technical talent; plan staffing and recruitment decisions
- Nurture a culture of innovation and experimentation
- Contribute to design and code reviews
- Improve visibility of the team’s execution to stakeholders, by educating stakeholders on technological context and elevating decision making
- Plan pace of delivery to balance high-growth urgencies while avoiding burnout
- Ownership of the Platform engineering to deliver a better product experience
What you will need-
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- 7+ years of core software product development experience, with at least 4-5 yrs as a full stack developer
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, operating systems, etc.
- Understanding of at least one front-end framework (Reactjs or similar)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS), CICD, DevOps, containers, Kubernetes, scripting, SQL/NoSQL databases, Agile Methodology
- Passion for building a data-driven culture, growing talent, and hunger for making a big impact
- Experience in Java/Python/Golang
- Experience in a similar role with a high-growth company
- 15+ years of Hands-on technical application architecture experience and Application build/ modernization experience
- 15+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands-on programming skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Agile software development expert
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands-on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
The entire development lifecycle of all our consumer applications
Working closely with the Product, QA, UX & Engineering teams on strategy, solutioning and execution.
Managing everyday activities of the consumer engineering team
Working closely with the core platform engineering teams to design seamless integration
Owning management and execution of features and ensure delivery timelines
Building & mentoring the consumer engineering team
Working with the overall leadership team in creating and driving the company vision and it’s goals
8+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
Working with / managing both mobile and web applications
Ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
Software Development Manager
Full Time, Permanent
What You Will Need:
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real world customer problems.
- BE / B.Tech / M.Tech - preferably in Computer Science
- Strong background in building backend technologies over distributed systems.
- Hands on experience in building platforms, technologies, and systems for products they have worked on.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders.
- Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our fintech products.
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced, evolving work environment
- Act as an entrepreneur - taking ownership of the problem statement end-to-end.
- Deliver best products from all engineering aspects like designing, architecting across multiple product lines.
- Lead a diverse team of high performing engineers - who set new standards everyday.
- Be a great engineer yourself - to be able to hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Direct and provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture
- Take the microservices architecture to the next level of scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build, deploy & run multi-homed systems that work in multiple regions and cloud providers.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Optimize algorithms which influence personalization, fulfillment/allocation, pricing, maps & routing, fleet positioning, payments, fraud prevention etc
- Create platforms, reusable libraries, and utilities wherever applicable
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
- Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product
- of years - 10+ years
- Type of experience - software design, development & architecture
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Contribution to open-source software, tech blogs, talking at tech conferences, etc.
○ Must have - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Go/Scala/C++. Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs.
- Knowledge of processor, memory, network and storage internals.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems including fault modeling, concurrency, isolation, consensus etc.
- Internals of a RDBMS like MySQL
- Conversant with the internals of systems like Kafka, Cassandra/Scylla, Redis, RocksDB, etc
- Working knowledge of hosting and network infrastructure (K8s, Envoy, etc)
- Familiarity with binary serialization protocols like thrift/protobuf/flatbuffers etc
- Familiar with gRPC, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
- Productionizing machine learning pipelines using Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,
product, operations, and clients/vendors
Are you passionate about using technology to make people's lives better? Are you interested in becoming a part of one of the hottest trends in the world of start-ups today? Are you excited about joining the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business pioneer and driving the trend forward? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead over a product in the Technology department.
- Self-sufficiently lead the software development lifecycle: technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring.
- Work with cross-functional teams effectively to enable business growth.
- Recruit, train, retain, and simply make Blok a great yet challenging place to work for the people in your team.
- Mentor team, resulting in trickle-down happiness and efficiency.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a managerial position in a technology company.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled, and maintained production services, and know-how to compose a service-oriented architecture. You’ll lead by example by executing when necessary.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way. You embrace the agile software development mindset.
- Hiring prowess. You're a strong leader who can attract talent around the world, raising the bar for excellence. You retained, mentored, and hired senior engineers and managers with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Mentorship. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through motivating, mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other specialists make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others at all levels within the organization. You have experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity.
- Dedication. You care tremendously about keeping the experience consistent for users. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- Experience within our tech-stack (Microservices, Node.js, Java, React, MongoDB, Kotlin, Swift, Redis, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, WebSockets, etc.)
Who You Are
- Passionate about technology and making an impact.
- A perpetual learner, who stretches their boundaries and enjoys new ideas.
- A doer who takes initiative regardless of boundaries empowers their teams and works well in a cross-functional set-up.
● Mentor and lead more junior developers.
● Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
● Operate across our evolving technology stack - Java, React, SQL, and more.
● Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, and maintenance.
● Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Analytics as well as other functional teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our customers.
● Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world (US, Canada, UK, etc.).