Drive technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
Deliver best engineered products from all engineering aspects like designing, architecting across multiple product lines
Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and
Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for
regular assessment and improvement
Drive best practices and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices – SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD) breaking down complex requirements into simpler stories
Establish a solid project framework and development processes
Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering
Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development
Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across on-going projects, ensure that timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmap
Direct and provide on-going leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
Who should apply?
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, Information systems)
8+ years of strong experience managing software projects right from inception to launch,
seeing the full lifecycle, building enterprise systems including at least 2 years of direct
people management experience
Worked on large scale Java/JSP applications with good understanding of web stack
Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems
Good understanding of relational databases (preferred-Crystal, Jasper), Worked with Iaas like AWS/GCP/Azure etc.
Worked with Message Brokers and Application Containers
Analyse, design and architect, develop and maintain software solutions across multiple
Direct and provide on-going leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives,
review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
Drive best practices, and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices-SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD) Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across on-going projects,ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmaps.
About Zeta Suite
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Job Location: Chennai, Bangalore
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
ENGINEERING MANAGER @REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
Engineering History @ Rebel
In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, it’s important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted about our journey to date. From the times when excel sheets served as our POS system at stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens - we have traversed the phone, web, and app channels over time. From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to be a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 300 locations across 30 cities in India and in a few international locations. The team of engineers at Rebel has built one of the most unique platforms in the world that can not only help operate a kitchen with multiple brands but also aids in operating business at scale. To give you additional perspective, the team has built more than 40+ products in the last 4.5 years. The innovation spans through technologies like polygon architecture (dynamic delivery radius) for a multi-brand operation from a kitchen, to managing each step of the kitchen ops — queuing, load/prep time, batching of orders, out of the door algorithms; inventory prediction based on consumption data, personal
recommendation engine, deep integration with every aggregator, last-mile delivery app, CRM systems, multiple brand websites and apps, reporting and analytics systems, and more. Everything that was mentioned has been built on a tech stack developed by our Engineers. This enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business supremely efficient and optimized.
Future of Engineering @ Rebel
We are now building Engineering 2.0 at our company. The vision is to make technology the Brain (AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics led automation at our Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency), and the Mind ( building an AI/ ML-driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web, and voice, like Netflix of food) at Rebel. This will mean working across technologies and product/engineering teams to build solutions that would be “first - time” in the world. Engineering @ Rebel will break new grounds.
An opportunity to revolutionize the restaurant industry
Here, at Rebel Foods, we are using technology and automation to disrupt the traditional food industry. We are focused on building an operating system for Cloud Kitchens - using the most innovative technologies - to provide the best food experiences for our customers.
You will enjoy working with us, if:
- You are passionate about solving customer problems using people, processes and technology
- You are an engineer at heart, obsessed with high quality software
- You have a flair for good technical and organizational design
- You are unafraid of making bold decisions to eliminate inefficiencies and improving the velocity of software development
- You are an owner and take responsibility for outputs and outcomes
- You are willing to dive deep to solve complex software issues
- You are a teacher and mentor
Our technology ecosystem:
- Frameworks and environments: Spring Boot, NodeJS, ExpressJS
- Databases: AWS Aurora MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, REST APIs, Caching, Messaging, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Bitbucket, Jira
You will mostly spend time on the following:
- Leading a team of software engineers; owning and developing the roadmap to support your long term vision for the services and conducting tactical execution at the same time
- Hiring, mentoring and coaching your direct reports to be the best they can be, both in their current roles and in their careers
- Liaising with product, business and leadership teams to ensure business priorities are met
- Continuously improving management and engineering processes. Planning, estimating projects and tasks and ensuring software development best practices are being followed
- Working closely with engineers on day to day activities, including writing, reviewing and troubleshooting code
- Owning services, and managing ongoing features, fixes, and daily operations of services
- Teaching and mentoring team members
We’re excited about you if you have:
- At least 15 years of experience in software development, including experience building microservices and distributed systems
- Built and led high performing engineering teams
- Experience working with complex, high traffic, and consumer facing distributed platforms
- Proven engineering knowledge and experience
- The ability to operate at a managerial level as well as diving deep and getting your hands dirty when required
- Experience in establishing software development processes and practices; A track record of good project planning and execution
- Good communication skills, both in person and via the keyboard
- Made decisions that impacted technical design, development and planning for one or more projects / programs that impacted multiple teams or functions.
- Experience working in Cloud environments: AWS or Azure or GCP
- Experience building secure, configurable, observable services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to mentor and teach junior and senior engineers
- The ability to collaborate effectively within and across engineering, product and business teams
- Experienced in defining & realizing end-to-end Technical Architecture for large scale enterprise systems. Ability to identify and define non-functional requirements and design systems to meet the same.
- Strong experience in OOAD and in applying Design patterns effectively
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Java/ JEE technologies like Struts/JSF, Spring, EJB, JMS Experience only on front-end technologies like Struts, JSP, Servlets, HTML will not be sufficient.
- Experience in performance testing and optimization of JEE systems on any of the following application servers - WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss. Deep expertise in any one of the application servers is a must
- Strong experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL).
- Experience in creating and reviewing technical documents like Architecture blueprint, Design specifications, Deployment architecture, Workload modelling etc
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies and architectures
- Experience in either of these areas is a definite add-on - Infrastructure sizing, Capacity planning, Performance modelling, Cloud Computing
- Working experience on Linux/Unix based OS systems is a must
- Working experience on any one of these open source technologies (LAMP stack, Node.js framework, ELK, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch base NO-SQL databases).
We are looking for Product Engineering Managers to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement MangoApps products. In this role, you will mentor other product engineers, establish best engineering practices and can act as a lead on cross-team projects. You will drive positive change in the work environment with a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences including Product Management and Customer Success stakeholders. You will report to our Director of Product Engineering.
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 product engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Lead & coach your team to deliver high quality software, promote engineering excellence, AWS cost optimization and operational monitoring best practices
- Ensure all changes are fully tested before being deployed
- Ensure deployment plans are well considered and include appropriate scalability and load tests
- Delegate and harnesses the aggregate strength of your team
- Focus on individual and team needs to foster positive culture consistent with MangoApps values
- Collaborate with product management and customer support teams
- Hands on product engineering experience and 3+ years managing product engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one software development language such as Ruby on Rails or Java
- Experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- Like to dive in, always learn new things, and build awesome products
- BE/B Tech in Computer Science equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
MUST-HAVE CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and proactively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages excellent performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, and you’re excited by the chance to play a significant role.
- Passionate: You must be excited about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Go-getter: Thrive in a startup environment and have a “whatever it takes” approach to accomplishing goals.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Software released to production should be 100% bug-free
- End-user load time should be < 3 seconds for all flows
- Should scale to able handle 50K users in all flows
- Kudos from customers that module / service just works flawlessly
WHY JOIN US?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and believe that digital workplace transformation is a massive opportunity
WHAT IS WORKING AT MANGOAPPS LIKE?
- Individual initiatives, accountability, and driving outcomes are the key to success
- Work, performance, and results are real sources of happiness
- Teamwork is celebrated
- Your career at MangoApps is limited by you and nothing else
- Strong knowledge on Devsecops (hands on).
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- 15+ years of experience of building successful production-quality software, with relevant experience from payment gateway for 5yrs.
- Expertise in large-scale multi-tiered systems.
- Expertise in Core Java and JEE, object-oriented design, analysis and design patterns
- Good exposure to JSON based REST services in Java.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL, Cache, Linux based systems
- Focus on clean high-quality code and solid designs.
- Hands on experience in HLD & LLD.
- Strong hands on knowledge on Devsecops.
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- Any prior payment industry experience is highly preferable
A minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on IT experience, developing at least more than two full life-cycle project using public Cloud technologies such as SOA Suite, OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
At least 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE with Spring Boot, Spring Microservices, Angular, MongoDB & SOA Suite 12C. Willing to learn new technologies .
NodeJS/Angular/Java/J2EE web application development
Agile development concepts
REST, JSON, and distributed application development
Unit testing frameworks and approaches to coding
Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
Strong written and communications skills are a must. Must be able to document, present, and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
Developer loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
Excellent experience in XML technologies XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath and Web Services SOAP, WSDL
Knowledge in functional and technical aspects of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
Front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JS, REST)
General Cloud or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure knowledge
Oracle Integration cloud experience
The cloud migration experience is a plus
Competitive knowledge will be a plus.
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/Node/SOA/Mulesoft code
To develop integration solutions using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and Oracle Integration Cloud.
To Support SIT, UAT, Go-Live, Hyper care
To Support and resolve L3 level issues
Drive initial testing phase and quality assurance process.
Log their hours correctly in the System so that they can be billed to the Customers accordingly.
Deliver high-quality, fully tested, and fault-proof Customer Integration Developments, as per the Technical Mapping Specifications.
Ensure implementation of optimized, reusable (where possible) deliverables that cater to customer needs and cause the least impact to the existing Customer Integration landscape.
Extensive know-how on the relevant Customer Integration IT Products, Integration patterns, protocols, and tools.
Testing bench skills
Deployment process awareness in full Software Development Lifecycle
To deliver quality Integration Solutions on time.
To hand over the Integration Solution to support teams with quality documentation.
To provide good support as L3 Support.
To be able to handle multiple projects at a time.
We are a team of software avengers, passionate engineers & thinkers designing the future of education. The company has its roots from IIT, IIM Alumni and various SMEs in education space. Here, we all work together with & for a single dream; ‘Education For Everyone, Everywhere.’
Dizvik is an EdTech product-based tech start-up working on exciting technologies & latest tech amendments. We use technology as an effective & efficient tool to create things that are impactful & make education easier. Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Robust Media Streaming are few of our core areas.
We are a crazy bunch of people having multiple personas always trying to keep things light-hearted! Our roots are not new, the company is nurtured by the well established group excelling since 2003. The founders of Dizvik Technologies own multiple companies & one of those is Dhyeya Educational Services Private Limited (Dhyeya IAS) having more than 20 offline Institutes/Centers in India.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant micro-services based applications for the company. Using Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Rabbitmq, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch, this candidate will be able to translate user and business needs into functional and enterprise level product.
Salary Range: 10 LPA to 25 LPA
- Designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant backend architectures & applications for the company.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc.) on planning and execution.
- Communicate, collaborate and lead the work & team effectively across distributed features
- Owning and working end-to-end on application – from system (server, deployment, configuration management) to back end (container, application, and database).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience in backend technologies: Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch etc.
- Implementation of security and data protection.(CSRF/JWT/ORM and various middleware/DB security implementations).
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures experience.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services in Monolith & Microservice both the architectures.
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in troubleshooting server performance memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks, etc.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
- Experience in versioning systems like GitHub, SVN, gitlab etc.
end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly
improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
• Oversee the mobile app, m-site, desktop, cloud infrastructure
• Back-end development teams and their assigned tasks
• Monitor reliability, performance of all internal systems and suggest improvements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Should be able to guide engineers for best UI performance of app, m-site and
• Manage software development by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Design strategies for future development plans based on the company’s overall
objectives and resources
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and
engineering best practices.
• Experience with start-up will be a big plus.
• Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture managing team of
• (10+)Sr. Engineers / Engineers, and coaching mentoring while maintaining a handson role
with code development
• Started as a Software Engineer and worked with a wide range of technologies,
especially with the modern open source stacks
• Work experience as a Technical Architect/Senior Manager/ VP of Engineering or in a
position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with both cloud/AWS and on premise technologies
• Big Data/ML experience is a plus
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Ability to mentor and grow engineering talent
• Excellent project management skill
Send us your code samples / GitHub profile / published articles if applicable.
We’re transforming the way in which Indians Eat Meat!
Meatigo is the leader in the online gourmet meat and delicatessen grocery space and we are proud to be one of the most innovative companies in the food retail space. Since 2016, we’ve worked towards transforming the way Indians eat meat by offering fresher, safer, responsibly sourced, sustainable and more nutritious meat products.
Backed by a team of people, with over 35 years of experience in meat processing & meat products, Meatigo boasts of an unrivalled expertise in cold-chain management, sourcing, manpower training and quality control. We follow an end-to-end business based on the hub and spoke model that starts from procuring the fresh produce to processing, storage and delivery. We currently deliver orders within 120 minutes across 8 Cities (and counting!)
For more details, do check out www.meatigo.com
About The Role
At Meatigo, we're redefining the future of on-demand meat delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented programmers and developers to enable us to achieve our vision of connecting customers to better meat from Meatigo.
We are looking for a leader to launch and grow our Meatigo Tech Team.
You will be responsible for building the next version of the Meatigo Consumer Website, Consumer App, Internal Apps as well as integration into other platforms. As we gear up for the next level of growth at Meatigo, you'll lead star engineers, designers, and operators in a fastgrowing dynamic environment. This role will be based out of Gurgaon, but you will speak with customers. stakeholders and teams all across India to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-functional collaboration, and well-honed product judgement.
Job Description: (Tech Lead)
This role is for a person to lead the development project for an ecommerce application. The person should have a total work experience of 10-12 years in the IT industry.
∙ Bachelor's / Master's Degree in the Computer Engg/Computer Science from reputed engineering college.
∙ Prince 2, PMP or other Project Management certification is preferable.
∙ AWS certified Developer - Associate or Sys Ops Administrator Associate is preferred.
Project Management experience:
∙ Managed at least 3 full cycle development projects with team size of 5 including himself successfully.
∙ Used Project Management tool Jira or Slack.
∙ Good knowledge of testing and Software quality.
∙ Hands on experience on container set up and cloud deployments.
∙ Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery.
∙ A leader who inspires confidence and works as a team player.
∙ Hungry for learning.
Technology Skills and Experience
∙ Knowledge and use of CentOS and Tomcat.
∙ Knowledge and use of React.Js, Node.JS
∙ Knowledge and use of Bash, server side scripting
∙ Knowledge and use of Java Springboot
∙ Hands-on high level and detailed design knowledge and experience. ∙ Hands on development in Java using Java SDK
∙ Experience with a UI framework like Bootstrap/Material design etc. ∙ Experienced in developing componentized UIs.
∙ Working knowledge of HTML5/java script/CSS/Typescript is must. ∙ Working experience of NodeJs
∙ Developed web services APIs and consumption [REST/SOAP]. ∙ Good knowledge of the use of MVC/MVVM patterns
∙ Working with Caching layers like Redis.
∙ Knowledge and use of ERMs/ORMs preferable.
∙ Experience of reverse proxies like Nginx/HA Proxy etc.
∙ TDD & BDD, the use of tools like Karma/Mocha/Jasmine is required. ∙ Application performance and scalability enhancement.
∙ Knowledge of loosely coupled design.
∙ Security aspects in design and development of applications.
∙ At least 7 years’ experience with RDMS like MySQL Database, table design, normalization, and database performance.
∙ Able to write stored procedures and their debugging.(Optional)
∙ DB installation, maintenance and turning (the latter is optional)
∙ Hands on knowledge of AWS cloud based development, deployment and support.
∙ Hands on experience of using Docker containers on the AWS platform. Knowledge of Kubernetes.
∙ Hands on experience in Server Management and AWS instances.
Tools Knowledge and Skills
∙ Used Gitlab
∙ Used Selenium or UFT/Silk or other testing tool.
∙ Used Jira, Slack or Trello
∙ Used Nagios (optional)
∙ INR 20-30 Lakhs inclusive of all allowances.
∙ Gurgaon, Haryana
∙ Preferably by 15 June 2021 but latest by 01 July 2021