The role is a unique opportunity to be a part of the founding team of KAFQA. The responsibilities of the role are per the below:
- Product Development: Partner with the founder & product team to create a product roadmap. Play a key role in influencing customer journey, experience & specs (requirements) with UX designer. Develop front end & back end systems and product.
- Project Management: Ensure product development roadmap timelines are achieved in a timely way with the right quality with progress being reported daily.
- Technology Excellence: Ensure that products have best in class performance on technology driven aspects (load times, latencies, uptimes, etc.).
- Hiring & Developing: Hire junior engineers, divide project workloads & mentor them to continuously improve.
- Continuous Improvement: Establish intake mechanism to convert user feedback into actionable upgrades in product design, track feature improvements & their progress and create rapid improvement cycles.
The role is based in Bangalore, India and reports directly to the Founder, CEO of KAFQA.
Experience, Qualifications & Person Type
The ideal candidate is someone who –
- Has 4+ years of experience in a digital product company
- Should have managed teams before & can attract talent
- Has experience in front end & back end technologies across web & app development
- Has studied computer science or engineering with at least a B.Tech or B.E degree
- Preferably is skilled in at least one performing art or is a hobbyist
- Is willing to fulfil all responsibilities above & go beyond as needed
- Moves fast to launch & fix issues
- Is a self-starter, operates with autonomy & can deal with ambiguity while being innovative & frugal
• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
We are looking for a Head of Engineering who has a passion to drive more solar and clean energy in the world working with us.
The software helps anyone understand how much solar could be put up on a rooftop and calculates how many units of clean energy the solar PV system would generate, along with how much savings the homeowner would have. This is a crucial step in helping educate people who want to go solar, but aren’t completely convinced on solar’s value proposition.
If you are interested in bringing the latest technologies to the fast-growing solar industry and want to help society transition to a more sustainable future, we would love to hear from you!
- Be an early employee at a growing startup and help shape the team culture
- Safeguard code quality on their team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives
You should have a strong understanding of software design and architecture and some technology leadership experi
CITRIOT – Job Description for Tech Lead
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team that will be working in a hybrid environment (remote-in person).
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members and managing time effectively to ensure projects are completed to standard in a time-constrained environment of our startup Citriot.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible. Be able to update work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required. Example: coming up with an alternative hardware platform or a software tech stack very quickly if one fails or is unable to deliver results, and ensuring that the team is capable of delivering the results.
- Analyzing existing operations and being a mentor towards the interns. Being empathetic towards the employees and resonating well with their level of knowledge and skills; while at the same time encouraging them to achieve more.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments (very important).
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders (not required very often, but an important responsibility).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (preferably CS or ECE). The candidate we’re looking for should have a research mindset and can complete projects in strict “startup-friendly” deadlines.
- Experience with Scrum/agile development methodologies.
- 2-5 years experience as a software engineer, firmware engineer or a hardware engineer in lead positions who is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience programming microcontrollers in Embedded C or MicroPython
- Experience with two or more of the following prototyping environments: Arduino (boards and IDE), Raspberry Pi (headless setup, GPIO programming), Nvidia Jetson/TX1/TX2 boards with setup
- Strong conceptual knowledge on networking topologies, communication technologies and interfacing protocols (SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.)
- Have worked on a PCB design project at least once in their career/university
- Have experience programming embedded boards from either Microchip or STM32 (let us know if you have experience with any others as well)
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the role, we request you to kindly attach a pdf/word file along with your resume(and/or cover letter) mentioning how well you would fit in our company based on the above points.
Peppermint is an award-winning company based out of Pune, India supported by Qualcomm and
IIT Bombay. With robots deployed across South Asia and the Middle East, Peppermint is scaling up its Engineering and Operations across the board.
As a Robotics Autonomy Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of the navigation system of the robot, which includes path tracking, obstacle avoidance, etc.You will be expected to research the latest developments in the area of motion planning and path tracking control. The software will be developed in a variety of programming languages which will be used on Peppermint robots across the world in factories, warehouses, and commercial real estate.
An ideal candidate should have:
• Excellent C++ programming and software design skills to support
high-performance perception. Experience with Python is a plus.
• Background in motion planning, behaviour planning, and/or controls.
• Hands-on experience with ROS navigation stack and/or navigation2.
• Hands-on experience with OMPL or similar frameworks.
• Hands-on experience with real robots and perception sensors such as time-of-flight cameras, 2D/3D LIDAR, and stereo cameras.
• Passion for developing software for world-class robots.
Good to have in a candidate:
• Experience with Pytorch, TensorFlow, and CUDA
• Experience with Rust for software development
• Proven track record of publishing in high-impact conferences (ICRA, IROS, RSS, CVPR,
NIPS, ICML, SIGGRAPH, ECCV, etc.) on navigation.
What to Expect:
• We are a process and out-of-the-box thinking led team, with domain experts working together to build world class robots.
• Engineering team is based at base location and involves cross team collaboration, hands on learning, and self-development through the role.
• As part of a fast-growing product startup, you'll spend considerable amounts of time on the floor, in planning and also devising short and long-term plans especially in robotic software for the product portfolio
• Absolute alignment with Peppermint work ethos, code-of-conduct, and culture. Our culture stands for authentic stance, loud-and-clear communication, no hesitation, and emphasis to “ask” anything!
We care deeply for every team member’s career journey and the culture which propels itforwards. We do expect you to appreciate the underlying purpose at Peppermint and get going!
• Working on a world-class product. Be ready for this, it is very fulfilling and demanding!
Job Type : Full-time
Education : Bachelor’s/Master’s Engineering degree in Electronics/Mechanical / Chemical/Computer Science
Experience : Freshers/Post graduates, Passion in learning Robotics.
Work remotely : No
Company is an award winning Agri-Tech startup that uses global leadership and expertise in the areas of agriculture and technology to transform the age-old practices of the dairy business to a modern and interesting way of doing the same by infusing technology into farmers’ lives. We are solving the burning problems of dairy farmers by extending the highly lacking technology support to the farmers. We plan to provide AI/Vet, E-commerce, and Fin-tech services to the farmers and simultaneously solve the last mile delivery problem using technology.
It is a purely tech-oriented company and is founded by alumni from IIT Roorkee and London School of Economics. The MoooFarm research team has developed and patented World’s first Cattle Facial Recognition, and is also working with Microsoft for cattle disease detection using udder image.
What will you be working on?
- Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build and predictability of the deliverables of your team
- Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- 8+ years of industry experience in product based companies.
- Have engineering management experience in a high-growth B2C startup or medium-sized product-focused B2C tech company
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies.
- Experience in building and architecting products along with exposure to frontend development / Mobile / Web Apps development.
- Experience building full-stack applications with hands-on experience in the combination of programming languages: React JS, Node JS, Python, AWS, Java, microservices, etc.
- Strong expertise on one or more SQL/NO-SQL databases (MySQL, Mongo, Postgres, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple cutting edge open-source frameworks required to build microservices architecture (API Management and Testing, Messaging - Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc. Monitoring - NewRelic, ELK, etc. Container orchestration. ).
- Experience in building, deployment and maintaining high scale applications on public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in agile software development processes, continuous integration, test automation and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and Jira.
standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent.
The job requires a gamut of roles and responsibilities -
● Build a world-class team of engineers
● Ensure their KPI’s and OKR are set and evaluated at regular intervals
● Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time, and within budget.
● Collaborate & work with Product Leads and Business Leaders to develop a long-term product plan,
products, and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
● Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team,
assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting Ability to work in a fastpaced
● Deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent. product
9 software development experience
● 3+ years of experience running engineering teams of 5+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring
individuals to grow in their career
Experience in setting up & building high-performance technology teams
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to own all product-led growth initiatives to boost user adoption. If you are Tech Leader, like challenges, want to learn a lot, and celebrate diversity then continue reading.
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully remote.
BukuKas is a hyper fast-growing startup built by serial Entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo Peracchione launched first in Indonesia. It is backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and founders like Patrick Walujo (Northstar Ventures, early GoJek investor), Sandeep Tandon (FreeCharge), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Bukukas offers digital solutions to manage accounting, inventory, cash flow and empowers SMEs to take charge and fuel their business growth. We are excited to take part in introducing a large unbanked population into the banking ecosystem through innovative and customer-centric digital banking products. Launched in December 2019, BukuKas has raised $60 million in funding and got fast traction where we onboarded 5,000,000+ merchants on its platform in the first 16 months since its launch.
What is Tokko?
Tokko helps you build digital brand identity by having your own online store. We are a social commerce app that will help you sell more easily through social media channels. We created Tokko for those of you who want to provide an easy, safe, hassle-free, and enjoyable online shopping experience for customers.
Tokko is the sister company of Bukukas, a financial record-keeping application that can be used for individuals or SMEs to help them improve their cash flow. Currently, Bukukas and Tokko combined are trusted by 6.3million+ users across Indonesia.
- In this role, you will work closely with our technical architects, senior engineers, and more on designing and nurturing our product infrastructure as well as architecture
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders in engineering, product management, release management, QA, design, performance engineering, sales, and professional services teams to lead the technology vision and direction
- Leading the Engineering team to deliver to the product roadmap, with an emphasis on Agile web development processes, focusing on achieving high-quality results in an aggressive, faster-to-market manner
- Developing the engineering team by providing coaching and mentoring to your team members, challenging individuals for peak performance, and developing a logical career path for the department
- 8 to 15 years of active architecture, software design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex and fast-moving product company or scaled start-ups
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and leading top engineering talent and high-performance product engineering teams. An ideal candidate would have managed a minimum of a 15 member engineering team
- Strong expertise in modern tech stacks and must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management in the aggregator/platform space
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and proven ability to articulate customer and technical requirements with all stakeholders
What do we offer?
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Hybrid of work-from-home and work-from-office with full management support during Covid time
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential?
If yes, BukuKas is the perfect place for you!
Note: Ecommerce experience is mandatory.
Years of Experience – 2-3 years
Location – Flexible (Pune/Jaipur Preferred), India
At Clarista.io, we are driven to create a connected data world for enterprises, empowering their employees with the information they need to compete in the digital economy. Information is power, but only if it can be harnessed by people.
Clarista turns current enterprise data silos into a ‘Live Data Network’, easy to use, always available, with flexibility to create any analytics with controls to ensure quality and security of the information
Clarista is designed with business teams in mind, hence ensuring performance with large datasets and a superior user experience are critical to the success of the product
What You'll Do
You will be part of our data platform & data engineering team. As part of this agile team, you will work in our cloud native environment and perform following activities to support core product development and client specific projects:
• You will develop the core engineering frameworks for an advanced self-service data analytics product.
• You will work with multiple types of data storage technologies such as relational, blobs, key-value stores, document databases and streaming data sources.
• You will work with latest technologies for data federation with MPP (Massive Parallel Processing) capabilities
• Your work will entail backend architecture to enable product capabilities, data modeling, data queries for UI functionality, data processing for client specific needs and API development for both back-end and front-end data interfaces.
• You will build real-time monitoring dashboards and alerting systems.
• You will integrate our product with other data products through APIs
• You will partner with other team members in understanding the functional / nonfunctional\ business requirements, and translate them into software development tasks
• You will follow the software development best practices in ensuring that the code architecture and quality of code written by you is of high standard, as expected from an enterprise software
• You will be a proactive contributor to team and project discussions
Who you are
• Strong education track record - Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline from Indian Institute of Technology or equivalent premium institute.
• 2-3 years of experience in Big Data and Data Engineering.
• Strong knowledge of advanced SQL, data federation and distributed architectures
• Excellent Python programming skills. Familiarity with Scala and Java are highly preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience in modern and distributed data stack
components such as the Spark, Hive, airflow, Kubernetes, docker etc.
• Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and native cloud technologies for data storage and data processing
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Blobs, MongoDB etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc etc.
• Experience with Big Data processing and performance optimization
• Should know how to write modular and optimized code.
• Should have good knowledge around error handling.
• Fair understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
• Experience versioning control systems such as GIT
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Self-starter, continuous learner.
Good to have some exposure to
• Start-up experience is highly preferred
• Exposure to any Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Dundas, Power BI etc.
• Agile software development methodologies.
• Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
• Be an integral part of the founding team. You will work directly with the founder
• Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
• Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
• Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
• Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
• Business knowledge of multiple sectors
• Experience with architectural patterns of large, High-scale / High-traffic applications is a
• Experience with AWS is mandatory while SOA/Micro services with Node.js and Golang is a
• Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building
productive engineering teams.
• Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
• Entrepreneurial drive and have hands-on experience in creating products which solves
Golang, NodeJs, Java, C/C++, PHP, Docker, ReactJs, JQuery, Spring, Hibernate, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMq, MySQL, Hadoop, MongoDB,AWS ECS, CodePipeline, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EMR, AWS DocDB, AWS ElasticSearch ,Git, Perforce , Junit, Jasmine, Mocha