• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
Exp : 10+ Years
Location : Bangalore
Skills : Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, Event Driven Architecture
It is a YCombinator, Sequoia Capital and GFC funded start-up building digital solutions for women with chronic health conditions in India. We are the leading player in treating PCOS, a chronic condition that
affects 100 million women in India alone. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries globally and desperately needs disruption in women’s health. Our vision is to be the first and only digital solution women turn to for healthcare needs throughout their lifeime.
What you’ll do:
As our Principal Engineer, you will drive 0-to-1 innovation at a fast-growing digital health start-up to transform the lives of hundreds of millions of women living with chronic conditions. In the future, this role will grow into a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) position as we expand further into the multi-billion-dollar undisrupted market that is women’s health. You will work with a world-class team (McKinsey, UnitedHealth, ex-IIT, Wharton) and pedigreed investors to directly shape our engineering culture from the ground up. You will drive innovation across our consumer and doctor-facing products (app + website + backend) while leading & building out a high-performing engineering team.
• 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
• 2+ years of professional experience working with NodeJS.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience working with Typescript required.
• Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
• Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the
• Ability to identify with the goals of Veera Health's customers and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
• An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
• Communication skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
• Work as part of a team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Veera Health's customers.
• Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills to work across multiple levels, ranging from being in the trenches with our care operations team to working with the Founders.
• Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
• Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
• Implement clean, modern,smooth animations and transitionsthat provide an excellent user experience.
• Integrate third-party API's.
• Write unit and integration tests.
• Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
• Work with native modules when required.
• Work with modern tools including Linear, Slack, GitHub, Notion, etc
What we offer:
At one of India's fastest growing healthtech companies, you will get:
• Richly rewarding equity + comp at a rapidly growing VC-funded start-up.
• 100% paid health benefits for you and your family that includes outpatient services, dental, mental health and more
• Work-from-home equipment reimbursement.
• Ongoing professional development and networking opportunities (including tapping into YCombinator and Sequioa Capital network of leaders).
• Generous leave policy and holidays.
• Accelerate your career by working in a fast-paced environment with the freedom to take on a range of different responsibilities.
• Opportunity to craft the early vision and growth of a first-of-its-kind, cutting-edge, consumer healthcare brand.
• Work towards a deeper mission of improving access and quality of healthcare for women, a massively underserved market
Who we are:
Acqueon's conversational engagement software lets customer-centric brands orchestrate campaigns and proactively engage with consumers using voice, messaging, and email channels. Acqueon leverages a rich data platform, statistical and predictive models, and intelligent workflows to let enterprises maximize the potential of every customer conversation. Acqueon is trusted by 200 clients across industries to increase sales, drive proactive service, improve collections, and develop loyalty.
At our core, Acqueon is a customer-centric company with a burning desire (backed by a suite of awesome, AI-powered technology) to help businesses provide friction-free, delightful, and referral-worthy customer experiences.
We are looking for
We are looking for an innovative and mission-driven Director, Engineering to play a pivotal role in building the most critical engineering solutions for our business growth. This new role will be supporting the enterprise and Technology organization of business line.
The Director, Engineering works with the Product Owner to understand the business strategy and work together to define the roadmap of product feature development over the next couple of years. Along with that the key aspect is to ensure that the team is aligned to deliver these strategic initiatives which would encompass building data streams, data analytics and feature development across multiple projects in close partnership with our Product teams.
As a Director Engineering in Acqueon you will….
Responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. He /she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems and ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business goals and product strategies
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst ﬂux in the fast-paced environment and evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management, Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace, estimate and plan projects in an agile environment
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Responsible to review Architecture and design technically robust, ﬂexible and scalable solutions and deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive modules and class-level interfaces
- Superior management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience in delivering high quality projects on time
- Strong technical competence with a track record of individual technical accomplishments
As a Director in Acqueon you will need….
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS in any stream – Computer Science/IT preferred
- With 15+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL/NoSQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
- Should have experience with CDP platforms, NoSql platforms, java/python, AWS platform, ELT (connectors to fetch data, transform) additionally experience with Sagemaker, AI Modelling and Data Science would be a plus
Job Location: Chennai
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
- Do you like the idea of playing Master Shifu for product development teams? Or, what organizations think of it as playing an Engineering Manager.
- Do you live by the mantra of “buck stops with me”. Seriously, we also don’t know who Buck is and we are also looking for him.
- Have you led a product team of 15+ members in the past to successful outcomes? Okay, we would love to talk even if you unfortunately ran into a failure.
- Do you speak both binary and Humanary? Python , dialect, to talk to geeks and the Humanary, English or Hindi dialect, to talk to Clients.
- Do you practice Agility? No, we don’t mean asanas from Baba Ramdev but things like Scrum or Kanban
- Do you practice Curiosity over Complacency? I..e are you a lean mean learning machine?
- Can you envision a solution architecture after hearing the product's vision and user stories? Do things like scalability, performability, flexibility, maintainability give you goosebumps of joy?
- Do you have an eye for good user experience?
Did you say Yes to all of them? My My! Love you! I’m sure your current team loves you too. But, if for whatever reason, you are looking for a new home then we would love to talk to you. We are a certified Great Place to Work, which means it’s a place where people love working with each other. And, you would too.
Send me an email, will ya?
We are looking for Principal Engineers, who are strong individual contributors with
expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas.
Your day at nference,
• Acting as an entrepreneur - taking ownership the problem statement end-to-end
• Delivering direct value to the customer - and not just stop with delivery
• Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem statements - through sturdily
developed & performant technical solutions
• Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth
environment Qualities Which We Look For In The Ideal Candidate
• 6-8 years of experience in building High Performance Distributed Systems
• Proven track record in building backend systems from scratch
• Excellent coding skills (preferably any two of C/C++/Python and Go)
• Good depth in Algorithms & Data Structures
• Good understanding of OS level concepts
• Experience working on DevOps tools for deployment, monitoring etc. like Ansible, ELK
• Wide knowledge of different Technologies like Databases, Messaging Systems etc
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented
architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our products
• Be a part of “Google of biomedicine” as recognized by the Washington Post
• Work with some of the brilliant minds of the world solving exciting real-world
problems through Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, analytics and insights
through triangulating unstructured and structured information from the biomedical
literature as well as from large-scale molecular and real-world datasets.
• Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as
stock options, paid time off, healthcare insurance, gym/broadband reimbursement
As an Engineering Manager at BigStep Technologies, you will be part of a fast-growing business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and contribute to the business growth. You will have the opportunity to channel your experience into contributing towards the development of our enterprise-grade software platforms. You will act as a driving force and ensure that optimized solutions are developed using Agile-based development methodology. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with multiple cross-functional teams. Primary responsibilities would also include coaching software development teams to self-organise and create high-value products to remove any impediments to their progress.
This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact on a massive scale, with room for growth in personal and professional development, while working with foundational next-generation technologies. This engineering managers role offers the opportunity for significant technical impact, product innovation and team building with the opportunity for advancement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead our platforms engineering team.
- Form and drive the platform's technical strategy and road-map, making sure they are executed properly.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Tech Leads for road-map delivery.
- Take ownership of on-time and with quality delivery of major/minor releases with the product teams to drive internal and external adoption of our platform.
- Be an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative leader for a team of strong engineers responsible for delivering on business value.
- Your technical contribution scope won't be limited just into cycle delivery goals, but there is an expectation that you engage in technical deliverables such as RFC reviews, bug fixes, and small features, without blocking or slowing down your teams progress.
- You will be responsible for identifying the process bottlenecks and clearing any potential roadblocks.
- You will play a role in building the team with the right culture, partnering with other teams, planning sprints and executing the plans.
- You are expected to contribute as an active member of the global product team, a member of our leadership team responsible for delivering high business values.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- B.E / M.E with specialization in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Diverse experience of 8-12 years in a hyper-growth environment.
- A minimum experience of 3 years in development and technical leadership role
- A minimum experience of 2 years in managing Scrum Teams.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing software applications by putting the latest technology stacks to use in an Agile environment.
- Prior hands-on experience working through the design, development and release cycle.
- Experience using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and the ability to maintain high levels of energy and engagement.
CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth stage start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2020, CoVid 19 affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This put us in a unique situation and provided a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
At the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our engineering, product and customer success capability to bolster our product, make our customers successful and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
Roles and responsibilities :
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers, and own significant parts of CIQ applications that require design, architecture, and coding (Both Frontend and Backend).
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on high standards.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying right design patterns, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Own the QA and deployment strategies for the team.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand business, prioritise and execute based on company goals and priorities.
- Be the custodian of process and SDLC best practices within the team.
- Own hiring goals for the team and hire the best.
- Delivery and tech ownership of all roadmap / tech items for the team.
What you need to succeed :
- Should have proficiency in Backend and frontend technologies along with good experience in AWS.
- Should be aware of best practices for Software development .
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
- 5+ years software design, coding in Java / equivalent and a good understanding of frontend technologies.
- 1+ years of management experience in building small to medium-sized teams, demonstrating growth and a track record of successful deliveries.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years of experience in building and working with production grade systems.
- Shipped several large-scale projects with dependencies across multiple teams.
- Built and delivered on successful cross-functional partnerships across multiple teams.
- Been actively involved in creation and execution of technical strategy and roadmap.
- Actively coached, mentored and grew team members in their careers.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to hire and build incredible engineering teams.
- Good understanding and experience in practicing SDLC best practices.
- Strong believer in innovation culture and Engineering driven ideas.
- Experience in release management and agile methodologies.
● Mentor and lead more junior developers.
● Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
● Operate across our evolving technology stack - Java, React, SQL, and more.
● Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, and maintenance.
● Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Analytics as well as other functional teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our customers.
● Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world (US, Canada, UK, etc.).
Turtlemint is a technology platform (www.turtlemint.com) that facilitates the entire process of researching, decision-making and buying insurance. Turtlemint is building a unique insure-tech platform which is enabling the transaction of complex products with a simple and intuitive interface. On the supply side, Turtlemint aggregates more than 25+ insurers and enabled three unique demand channels. First, direct to consumer channels where users buy insurance products. Second, a network of more than 35,000 agents across India who use the Turtlemint platform to sell insurance. Third, the SaaS version of the same platform for large financial institutes, consumer applications, etc. Now it is expanding into other financial products like mutual funds.
Turtlemint is founded by IIT/IIM graduates, ex-employees of top companies like ICICI Lombard, Yahoo, eBay, and Quikr. Our management team has to experience building and growing many successful technologies and consumer companies. Turtlemint is growing rapidly and it is already amongst the top three insurance platforms in India. We are a well-funded startup, backed by leading Venture Capitalists, and began our business operations in September 2015. We strongly believe that as a technology-led company we can truly disrupt the 'old economy' financial services businesses, a multi-billion dollar industry in India.
Turtlemint promises to offer an intellectually enriching and fun work environment, and an opportunity to work with smart and dedicated colleagues. Come make an impact on millions of users on an important but often ignored aspect of their life - financial security & freedom!
Position: Engineering Manager
Role: Engineering Manager
Experience: 8-15 years
- Lead a team of engineers and product managers in the ideation and technical development of product
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for Enterprise software product development
- Work closely with business leaders to develop short and long-term strategies
- Manage business expectations, resolve conflicts, and keep businesses aligned
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Experience scaling and managing 5-20 person teams
- Develop and drive execution on 6 months and 1-year road maps
- Drive innovation, establish new approaches in improving productivity
- Establish a metrics-based organization, develop key operational metrics and push for continuous improvement.
- Ensure system security, data integrity, and accuracy of financial records
Skillset and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in building Enterprise software
- 8+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, or C++
- 5+ years experience with agile systems development methodologies
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management
- 3+ years of experience with either Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django, etc
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great customer experiences
- Experience developing financial products like insurance, mutual funds, etc
- Ability to understand the business logic
- Organizational and analytical skills
What you get:
- To work in an early-stage consumer internet start-up in disruptive space
- To directly work with the founding team of graduates from IIT/ IIM and experience at top internet brands like Yahoo/ eBay
- Great culture and work with like-minded colleagues
- Health Insurance for yourself and your family