- You will help hire, train, mentor and lead a team of highly capable engineers. You will also help in the development of the company's scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors.
- In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize the use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system.
- Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead the development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
- Mentor and grow new employees on your team
Skills & Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high-quality code
Position: Senior Architect
Experience: 10+ years
We are a multi-award-winning creative engineering company offering design and technology solutions on mobile, web, and cloud platforms.
As a Senior Architect, you play a key role in solving some of the most interesting problems that our clients face by architecting systems with the industry standard methodologies to drive APIs catering new business capabilities, and front ends that visualise and enable enticing user experiences in the Web. Continuous delivery, and rapid experimentation is something you will need to be adept at.
Roles and responsibilities:
Architect highly scalable frontends preferably in React framework. Knowledge of Angular/Vue is an additional plus.
Strong knowledge of Database systems and ability to recommend and architect NoSQL/SQL based DB solutions as the problems demand.
Exposure to at least one cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, distributed logs and RESTful APIs
Can articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software
Estimation and proposal writing
Ability to drive the team cohesively by mentoring and guiding with right tooling, technologies and development and collaboration techniques.
Good to have:
Exposure to Golang, Java and Python
Female candidates Only
Location - Bangalore
Experience - 10+ Years
5 Days Working(Hybrid)
- Strong experience in MEAN stack technologies
- This role will primarily be leading/mentoring Application Development, Database, and Testing teams
Brief Job description
In order to successfully create world-class pricing products you will need to bring rock-solid back-end skills, micro-service architecture experience and a passion for leading high-performing Agile developer teams.
What you will do
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer with a clear history of technical excellence, depth and leadership
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing software development with a strong track record of on-time delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with hiring, attracting, motivating, coaching, retaining and developing engineers and their leaders.
- Experience with scalable API development and REST services
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
What You Can Do To Stand Out
- Experience with modern development technologies/languages and cloud-native development
- Proficiency with SQL, data processing and supporting architectural patterns
- Background in Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Automated test, build deployment tools, continuous integration
GoodWorker, is an exciting new technology start-up, with a social agenda, set up with one dream in mind; help transform the lives of blue-collar workers the world over, by leveraging data decentralized technologies; our focus is to start with helping them advance their careers and ultimately to enable them to improve the quality of lives for themselves & their families.
GoodWorker is a joint venture between SchoolNet & LemmaTree (a 100% subsidiary of Temasek ). We raised 35 Mn USD in late 2020. We then used 2021 to build our founding team (headquartered in Bangalore), invested in deep consumer & market research to understand the lives of blue-collar workers and identified opportunities to do better by them.
Building on the insights and expertise developed during this period, we have launched our ‘career builder marketplace’ comprising of multiple technology platforms. Together these platforms will engage with the millions of blue-collar workers that is one step in the right direction towards realizing our vision. These platforms are:
Jobs classified, an online platform that help workers discover jobs & trusted employers at scale.
L.earn, a digital learning community platform that engage workers to build & upgrade their job & life skills.
To achieve this, we are rapidly looking to hire passionate professionals (we are already ~200+ strong team and counting)
Our Engineering Mission is to:
Lead through innovative technologies, to deliver on our vision at scale and supercharging those in our community to have exponential outcomes. We believe the following will be the main pillars to fulfil this mission:
- A team that’s tight knit, highly collaborative, inclusive and balances work with fun and learning
- Focus on creating non-linear impact
- Reliable and performant systems
- Deeper understanding of the customer context
- Growth mindset with free thinking and experimentation where we take moonshots.
Why should you join us?
- You will join the mission to create positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- You get to work on the latest technologies in a culture which encourages experimentation.
- You get to work with super humans (Psst: Look up these super human1 , super human2 , super human3 , super human4 )
- You get to work in an accelerated learning environment
What you’ll do:
- Work together with our leadership on the company’s critical technical decisions
- Provide clarity of direction, motivation and purpose to the engineers you work with and maintain high technical standards
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment
- Exercise curiosity and understanding of the work being done by non-engineering functions
- Balance MVP mindset with building for scale and defining the iterations
- Own the quality and stability of the systems built
- Own the deliverables for your team and the commitments made to reach the objectives
- Provide direction and decisions that the team can get behind during ambiguous situations
- Introduce & iterate processes that will empower the engineers to reach defined goals and milestones effectively
- Hire great talent to work with us on complex challenges
- Participate in customer outreach programs, analyse issue reports and cultivate customer empathy among the team
You should apply if:
- You have 8+ years of full-time experience as a software engineer, working on web technologies
- You have 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Leader or Engineering Manager, or equivalent roles.
- You have built and maintained reliable systems that operate at high scale.
- You’re experienced in building and running cloud-native platforms & distributed systems.
- You have experience clearly defining & communicating the “what,” and managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your team with a pragmatic approach.
- You have experience working with cross-functional leaders and teams building & managing complex, large-sized projects.
- You love working in a start-up environment where things move fast, and you have autonomy with ownership & accountability to deliver
- You build cultures that are inclusive and where everyone can belong.
- Strong CS fundamentals in OOD, DS, Algorithms and Problem Solving for a wide variety of problem spaces and technologies
- Expert coder in any modern language such as Java, Golang or Scala.
- Experience in working with Product and Engineering leaders to drive and implement platform and product vision.
- Ability to leverage deep and wide knowledge of technology stack to recommend appropriate architecture and design solutions, and provide technical leadership to a team of rock star Software Engineers.
- Can translate the impact of design choices on non-functional attributes like scalability, performance, availability and security.
- Experience in providing leadership, career guidance, performance management, prioritization and personnel management for minimum team size of 10.
- Experience creating large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed web applications with databases, and designing web services, APIs, data models and schemas, using SQL or NoSQL.
- Experience with Cloud environments, such as AWS.
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments.
- Comfortable with different data storage solutions such as Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, SQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
- Experience delivering high quality software following continuous delivery and using code quality tools (JIRA, GitHub, Jenkin, Hudson, Sonar, PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Fortify etc.)
- Worked in Agile environments previously.
- Good command of development metrics, methodologies and tools.
- Will ensure timely and frequent delivery of high quality software, while adapting technical decisions to the immediate needs of the business.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Can drive adoption of best practices across the Software Engineering Lifecycle, including reviews, source control, build processes, continuous integration and deployment.
- Own the product development from scratch
- Architect scalable, distributed and large-scale web and mobile solutions from scratch
- Code for fresh development and to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Manage a team of Developers and Interns
- Boost productivity of team by guiding junior employees and setting the right path for the team
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of computing fundamentals
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Software Developer
- Strong knowledge either of NodeJS or Python
- Experience working with AWS Serverless Technologies(Lambda, ApiGateway, Cognito, DynamoDB)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD and automation methodologies
- .Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting-edge technologies around server-side development
What is the role?
Expected to manage the product plan, engineering, and delivery of Plum Integration activities. Plum is a rewarding and incentive infrastructure for businesses. It's a unified integrated suite of products to handle various rewarding use cases for consumers, sales, channel partners, and employees. 31% of the total tech team is aligned towards this product and comprises 32 members within Plum Tech, Quality, Design, and Product management. The annual FY 2019-20 revenue for Plum was $ 40MN and is showing high growth potential this year as well. The product has a good mix of both domestic and international clientele and is expanding. The role will be based out of our head office in Bangalore, Karnataka however we are open to discuss the option of remote working with 25 - 50% travel.
- Scope and lead technology with the right product and business metrics.
- Directly contribute to product development by writing code if required.
- Architect systems for scale and stability.
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like sales, customers, product, design, and customer success.
- Code reviews and feedback.
- Build simple solutions and designs over complex ones and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable.
- Define a process for maintaining a healthy engineering culture (Cadence for one-on-ones, meeting structures, HLDs, Best Practices In development, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- Manage a senior tech team of more than 5 direct and 10 indirect developers.
- Should have experience in handling e-commerce applications at scale.
- Should have experience working with applications like HubSpot salesforce and other CRM.
- Should have experience in B2B integrations.
- Should have at least 10+ years of experience in software development, agile processes for international e-commerce businesses.
- Should be extremely hands-on, with an Automate as much as possible mind set full-stack developer.
- Should exhibit skills to build a good engineering team and culture.
- Should be able to handle the chaos with product planning, prioritizing, customer-first approach.
- Technical proficiency
- Frameworks like React, React Native, Node.js, GraphQL
- Databases technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka
- Dev ops to manage and architect infra - AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- System Architecture w.r.t Microservices, Cloud Development, DB Administration, Data Modeling
- Understanding of security principles and possible attacks and mitigate them.
Whom will you work with?
You will lead the Plum Integration Engineering team and work in close conjunction with the Tech leads of Plum with some cross-functional stake with other products. Your will report to the CTO directly.
What can you look for?
Hey there! We are a seed funded SaaS startup on a mission to help ecommerce brands embrace conversational commerce as the future of selling online.
We're starting by building the tools for any ecommerce brand to be able to sell and engage with their customers on chat apps like Whatsapp, FB Messenger.
💡 Read more about our mission and the story of commerce here!
Within 2 years of launch, we have 1500+ e-commerce brands across 50+ countries using our product (pretty cool right?).
Check us out here - **https://apps.shopify.com/bitespeed-fb-messenger-chatbot** and do read through the 180 odd 5-star reviews to get a sense of what our customers say about us (we openly brag about this 😉).
Learn more about our investors here -
BiteSpeed Raises $1.9 Million Seed Funding From Sequoia India's Surge
D2C Enabler BiteSpeed Raises Funds From Sequoia's Surge, CRED's Kunal Shah, Others [Funding alert] BiteSpeed raises $275K in seed round led by Whiteboard Capital
About the team
BiteSpeed started out in the dorm rooms of BITS Pilani when we hardly knew much about running a company, in fact most of us hadn’t written a line of code in our lives.
We were inspired by companies like Postman and Freshworks which have built market leading software companies from India and had a desire to create something world-class which we could be proud of.
So we jumped off the cliff and built a parachute on our way down (just as Reid Hoffman likes to say).
We could make a long, boring list of 20 company values but by now you probably do get a gist of the kind of people we are. We are young, ambitious self-learners on a journey to create a globally competitive software company from India.
About the role
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join our founding team and lead our product development. If you’re someone who thrives on high ownership, can figure stuff out on your own and wants to be part of the zero-to-one journey, this might be for you.
Years of experience: 4-10
What you’ll do
We’re at 10M requests per day, you’ll take us to 100M requests per day.
- Designing for scale: We have complex systems working overtime with a lot of moving pieces. It’s just going to get worse. We need to reimagine scalable & reusable LEGOs 🧩;
- Setup DevOps: Rome was not built without discipline, and we’re not aiming for anything less. We’ve got a lot of ground to cover and we need your help 🛠;
- Building the dream team: We need a Phil Jackson to get us a Rodman for our defence. A Dhoni to make our Rohit open. It’s going to be tough finding the right people and tougher putting them to the right work ;
- Prioritise and delegate tasks: What tech debt to fix while also building for current business requirements? How to get it all done in time using limited resources? 🧐;
- And after all of it of-course, be ready to jam to this every time we push to prod - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QNUcrjtOs🔥;
Salary and Location
Expected CTC: 40-60LPA + Generous equity (ESOPs) Location: Remote
Overall leadership for all technical functions including product strategy implementation and server releases
Desired Candidate Profile
Experience: 5 years and above
Qualification: B. Tech from a reputed institute
Expertise in Core Java (Multithreading, Collections, etc.) and am comfortable with Unix, Oracle PL/SQL with a sound understanding of the complete SDLC process
Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data structures, OOP concepts & OO Design principles
Have done extensive work in software development
Project Management exposure is an added advantage for this candidate
JS, Jquery and CSS exposure of minimum 1.5 yrs
Candidates from gaming industry are preferred
- If you are from IIIT, NIT;
- If you have experience of Amazon or equivalent product company;
- If you are confident to use technology and meet any product goals; Coding must be your interest as entrepreneurs need to do anything and everything if required.
- Have Leadership qualities to present yourself strongly to VCs and can debate well;
- If you are ready to take the challenge with Company Stake, Co-founder role, and a minimum fixed salary (don't compare it with your corporate salary) to run your essentials; then THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY ENTREPRENEURSHIP WITH MINIMUM POSSIBLE RISK. You will not get an option to be a co-founder of a 3+years old totally operational startup, who gives you the seed for the next year to give a final touch and raise Series A.