We’re hiring a Content Editing Associate to join our content team to help our customer scale their content initiatives by checking content created by writers for language, grammar, and plagiarism.
WittyPen is a platform that helps hundreds of businesses get quality content from freelance writers across the world. We are building features and products to help businesses scale their content creation seamlessly, and also let content writers earn well from wherever they are in the world. We're looking for someone who loves working with brands and aims at creating content that brings in real value.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. WittyPen is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
About the job
As a content editor, you will be part of any new project from Day 1. But the actual work starts when you receive content from writers for the given project, where you edit the content for factual, grammatical, and plagiarism issues. You will also be consistently sharing qualitative feedbacks with the writers so they improve content quality which saves you time in the long run.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in following tasks:
- Be part of project kickoff meeting to understand the expectations
- Review content for project guidelines, grammatical issues, and plagiarism
- Revert content pieces to writers on the platform and track for timely delivery
- Edit content pieces for final deliveries
- Work with Content Manager to further improve briefs, project checklists, and writer allocation
Since you will be mostly dealing with content editing, being a voracious reader will give you an edge. Another key aspect is to consistently work towards improving your work efficiency. Below are the skills/requirements which would make you a good fit for this job.
- English Proficiency - Writing
- Education in BA/MA English Literature, Mass Communications or previous experience in Content
- Knowledge of Project Management and using tools like Basecamp, Trello etc.
- Knowledge of Content & Digital Marketing is a plus
Pay and benefits
This is a hybrid-role, full-time (40-hour per week) position. Since it is a hybrid role, we are flexible with office visits and try to build a good balance with our team
The salary for this position is between ₹300,000 - ₹420,000 INR based on experience and expertise. We will also pay for necessary equipment, if needed.
We believe in working asynchronously and don't believe in you being online for a fixed time period every day. We don't track work hours either. What we only expect is that the work allocated to you should be completed before deadlines. We are stringent with deadlines.
WittyPen is a platform that uses technology to bridge gap between Companies and quality freelance content writers. The platform is being built based on basis of our hands-on experience with content creation across domain.
At WittyPen you can order your content, which then goes to selected writers enrolled with us, once the content is written, it is edited by our editors and sent to the customer.
All of this happens on the platform with our processes making it efficient and giving content quality as the highest priority,
In short, We Make Content Creation Easy.
5-8 years from a SaaS Product/Service Space, or from a B2C space that was driven by content marketing.
The Key responsibilities involve in overseeing content for Vakilsearch Services and to raise
To manage all writing material we create for business purposes, from online guides and articles to newsletters and social media posts.
Content Strategist responsibilities include publishing our monthly newsletter, tracking website traffic and user engagement and generating new blog post topics. If you have creative ideas about how to engage our audience online and have experience producing new content types, we’d like to meet you. Please share a portfolio or links to your published work, along with your application.
Ultimately, you will ensure our web content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential customers.
- Manage our editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Assign blog posts to writers
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Create style guides to use as reference
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication
- Schedule social media posts
- Conduct keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ needs
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates)
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Review and update published content as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
- A portfolio of published articles
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, like WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner)
- Experience using social media for business
- Solid writing and editing skills in English
- Time-management skills
- Ability to guide and motivate team members
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
• Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading content
• Ideating and formulating a suitable content strategy to support the business needs
• Enhancing web traffic and user engagement by managing content across all social media
• Write engaging social media content
• Collaborate with marketing, PR, and customer experience to develop a variety of content
• Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy
• Scheduling timelines for posting content
• Creativity and ability to develop engaging content
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing and high computer literacy
• Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metric
• Social media management experience
• Strong research skills
Roles and responsibilities:
- Proven working experience of more than 1 year in website content, tutorials, and blogs related to SaaS products/Testing domain
- Produce high-quality sales material, tutorials, blog content, and website content.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text and online help.
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote our offers and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Ability to deliver high-quality tutorials paying attention to detail
- Can put together a content strategy from scratch
- Excellent written skills in English
- SEO friendly content
- Blogs and newsletters
- Ideate social media campaigns
- Very well versed with marketing-driven content writing
- Ascribed to a comprehensive approach in writing articles
- Adheres strictly to the time schedule
- Should be able to rephrase existing content to avoid duplicate content and plagiarism.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Developing a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms, including the company website and social media channels.
- Working with the content writing, graphic design, web development, and social media teams to plan, create, and distribute content
- Proofreading and editing submissions according to brand guidelines
- Performing regular content audits to ensure content is accurate, optimized, updated, and relevant to the target audience
- Generating engaging content for thought leadership pieces, websites, social platforms, and marketing collateral
- Developing and executing content marketing campaigns to drive traffic, engagement, leads, sales, and customer retention
- Developing and managing the editorial calendar to ensure deadlines are met
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or similar field
- Min of 2-4 years’ experience working as a content manager
- You are a creative marketing professional, preferably with a strong content creation and writing background.
- You have the ability to develop engaging content for a wide range of audiences.
- You are a creative thinker and have excellent attention to detail.
- You are organized and can deliver high-quality work within agreed timelines.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using popular content management systems and analytics tools (Ahrefs, Wordpress, and Google Search Console are a few examples)
- A strong grasp of UX and SEO best practices
Location : Gurgaon
CTC : 30000-35000 PM
Experience : 2-5 Years of relevant/equivalent experience
The fastest rising startup in the EdTech space, focussed on Engineering and Government Job Exams and with an eye to capture UPSC, PSC, and international exams. Testbook is poised to revolutionize the industry. With a registered user base of over 2.6 Crore students, more than 600 crore questions solved on the WebApp, and a knockout Android App. Testbook has raced to the front and is ideally placed to capture bigger markets.
Testbook is the perfect incubator for talent. You come, you learn, you conquer. You train under the best mentors and become an expert in your field in your own right. That being said, the flexibility in the projects you choose, how and when you work on them, what you want to add to them is respected in this startup. You are the sole master of your work.
The IIT pedigree of the co-founders has attracted some of the brightest minds in the country to Testbook. A team that is quickly swelling in ranks, it now stands at 1000+ in-house employees and hundreds of remote interns and freelancers. And the number is rocketing weekly. Now is the time to join the force.
Roles & Responsibilties :
- Develop creative content in the form of questions, write easy-to-understand solutions, review content created by freelancers for SSC/State exams/Banking Exams.
- Analyze and research exam patterns, type of questions, and difficulty level to remain updated with the latest trends of questions asked in SSC/State exams/Banking.
- Work on user feedback collected from multiple channels for question as well as test
- Understanding the student preparation cycle and making content for his best preparation
- Train & Manage freelance content developers for best quality content
- Attempt and analyze the tests for better user understanding and improvements
What we are looking for :
- Must have appeared in State/SSC exams/Banking Exams.
- Candidate cleared one or more stages of SSC/State exams/Banking will be given preference
- An enthusiastic individual who would like to make a difference in the education sector in India
- Should have a strong passion for education, and willing to learn new things
- Self-driven, creative and motivated with strong adherence to deadlines and learning
- Prior experience in teaching or content development
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers
- Regularly produce various content types, including email, social media posts, and blogs
- Actively manage and promote our blog, and pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms
- Edit content produced by other members of the team
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
Create quirky content for Insta, Facebook posts.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and social media marketing (Preferred)
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to write compelling copy thats catchy, relevant, and completely error-free
- Identify high-performing keywords, topics and formats, and build a roadmap for content projects
- Research markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Establish workflow for identifying, creating, publishing, and repurposing content
- Ability to write a wide variety of content in the career space for multiple platforms (blog, website, emails, social updates, guides, ebooks, etc.)
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with the team for new ideas and strategies
Writing & grammar skills, Research skills, Detail-oriented, Quality check,
Editing & proof-reading, Interpersonal skills, Ability to generate ideas,
Team player, Result-driven
Good to have Skills:
AmbitionBox is a career advisory platform founded in 2015. Our vision is to empower people in achieving their career aspirations. With 20 Lakh+ Company reviews, 40 Lakh+ Salaries and 2 Lakh+ Interview questions, AmbitionBox helps more than 15 Lakh people every month to make informed career choices.
In Oct 2016, AmbitionBox was acquired by Naukri.com to benefit 50 Million+ job seekers on its platform.
What can you find on AmbitionBox?
Workplace transparency is the key to our mission at AmbitionBox. We offer Company reviews, Salaries, Interview questions, Company information, Salary calculator, and more.
With more than 60 Lakh contributors, the information available on our platform is user-generated, i.e. shared by real employees. Thus, providing the most trusted insights about companies to make informed career choices.
Why Join AmbitionBox’s Team?
Working at AmbitionBox will give you a unique learning experience by providing high career growth in a fast-paced startup-like environment, along with the perks and benefits of working in a large tech company.
Perks of joining us:
End-to-end ownership of tasks.
Freedom to innovate and experiment.
Work on projects that bring impact.
Wear multiple hats. (Why? Because that’s the future!)
What are we looking for in you?
We are looking for talented individuals who believe there is a need to disrupt old methods and are truly committed and driven to make it happen.
Diplomas and degrees do not matter. We are looking for unique personalities who wish to invest themselves in a growing startup.
Besides relevant knowledge in the field, do you think you have the below-mentioned traits? If yes, come and meet us!
You are a nice person (Yes, we value good human beings),
You are a team player,
You have excellent interpersonal skills,
You have an eye for detail,
You are dynamic and enthusiastic,
You are positive,
You are curious,
You have a passion for building products and solving intriguing problems.
Are you funny and love to party? Even better!
We value people who know how to work and have fun at the same time.
What else to expect?
As part of AmbitionBox, you will:
- be welcomed by warm and gracious people and start discovering our story,
- be encouraged, motivated, and trained so that you get better at what you do,
- attend knowledge transfer sessions from fellow team members.
- get a dose of fun conversations during team lunch,
- have so much fun in team outings (at least once every month).
- make wonderful memories.