Strategic Data Analyst
for large scale human transformation projects
FULL-TIME | MUMBAI-BASED | MIN. 2 YRS EXPERIENCE
As a Strategic Analyst, you will play a critical role in improving the effectiveness of Illumine’s human transformation projects on the ground.
ILLUMINE is a design & actualization lab that works on large-scale business & cultural transformation projects with leading corporations, and educational institutions in India. Illumine also works on nation-building projects with the Government to build customer/ citizen-centric services.
Working with Illumine will open up a wide range of possibilities to leverage data, technology & digital tools to ensure large-scale human transformation projects can become more scalable, seamless and highly value creating for clients and beneficiaries.
Key roles and responsibilities:1. Owning the successful implementation of interventions on the ground by providing strategic insights
This involves –
- Leveraging data to identify hotspots/ areas where early decisions/ remedial action needs to be taken.
- Identifying issues early (based on patterns) and flagging off for proactive action.
- Working with the engagement & deployment teams to take the right strategic decision to improve implementation on ground
2. Enabling internal teams to improve their product/ outcomes with data.
This involves –
- Interfacing with multiple teams (e.g. facilitators/ trainers, learning architects, assessment designers, intervention leaders, tech platform owners) to translate practice-level requirements into meaningful insights.
- Identifying interdependencies between different products and generating insights that can improve the overall effectiveness of the intervention.
You will succeed in this role if you have:
- the desire to make a difference to the nation and the lives of citizens
- the excitement to generate new possibilities with data
- rigor in your thinking and an attention to detail
- a good understanding of business and strategy
- a keen interest to understand & impact how people / institutions think, perform and change
- proven capabilities in taking products to completion (e.g. from conceptualizing the analytical model to building reports, dashboards, presentations)
- focus on meeting goals & outcomes – doing everything possible to make the outcome happen rather than focusing on only ‘your part’ or ‘your existing skillset’
- at least 2 years of overall work experience with data that could include – Analytics, Engineering / Technology, Strategic Consulting, Social Science Research, Cognitive Science, HR / Learning & Organizational Development, Performance / Sports Science, etc.
- ability to engage with clients/ stakeholders
- good written and verbal communication skills
Explore further before applying
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Illumine Knowledge Resources Pvt. Ltd.
Illumine has three faces – Illumine Lab, Illumine Consulting and Illumine Foundation.
Illumine Lab works on developing new ideas, methods in the Knowledge and Cognitive Sciences and leverages this expertise to solve wicked problems facing society.
Illumine Consulting works on the specialized area of large-scale transformations of large organizations to help them design their future in a continuously changing world. Through our projects we have worked on enabling industry-leaders across sectors – banking, financial services, IT, FMCG, Retail, etc.
Illumine Foundation works on two nation-wide education missions to build next generation citizens in India. Through these missions 10 lakh school children and 7 lakh graduates have been impacted so far.
Illumine has, thus far, impacted 4 million people across India and across sectors.
WORKING AT ILLUMINE
- The team at Illumine is like a football team– we have no hierarchy, working dynamically with high degrees of collaboration, with multiple people taking on multiple roles to meet the outcome, and team members enabling & helping each other to achieve their individual goals as well as collective goals.
The most important aspect of envisioning Illumine as a football team is that the burden of deadlines, the glory of success and the pain of failure (if any) is shared collectively by the team and not individuals.
- Illumine has a multi-disciplinary team with people from diverse backgrounds and diverse age groups– Engineering, Management, Social Sciences and Psychology, Architects, Ethnographers, etc. Diversity of educational backgrounds and thought is deeply valued at Illumine.
About the work culture
People join Illumine with the purpose of self-actualization and making deep, long lasting contributions to society. Each person needs to integrate certain apparent dichotomies to successfully grow and contribute at Illumine. https://careers.illumine.in/consulting/work-culture/">Know more on our work culture
I Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business rules analysis, metrics & KPI definition, use cases, and other BA tools and techniques as required.
- Works with the Account Management, Strategy, and Executive Leadership teams and clients to determine and develop business requirements for new and existing technical projects.
- Collaborate with the Development/Testing/Support teams and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs for functional requirements.
- Facilitates the Quality Assurance (QA) team in writing test cases for solution validation.
- Acts as the liaison between clients, business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Ensure documentation on the product stays are relevant and requirements are detailed enough to manage assumptions, risks, and out-of-scope situations.
- Nature of Experience: Experience working on data-driven or software / application / web-based projects, or in the marketing and communications field as a BA working with technical solutions.
III Skill Set & Personality Traits required:
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, waterfall and agile project frameworks.
- Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including clients, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong interview and facilitation skills to gather requirements from other lines of business.
- Ability to manage stakeholders with differing priorities to reach consensus on requirements.
- Ability and desire to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion and simplify complex situations.
- Ability to write clear yet concise requirements with an emphasis on quality over quantity.
- Understanding of concepts related to data architecture and relational database design.
- Experience in designing complex data-driven applications & reports.
- Ability to work with User Interface elements to develop mockups and wireframes - Balsamiq, Sketch, Draw.io, Lucidchart etc.
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook an
- E / B. Tech or relevant degree in Business/IT Management/Computer Science.
EverestEngineering -Software Engineering when you need it. High quality, scalable, distributed development teams are ready to help you now. Sustainable software development. Fit for purpose. Doing the right thing both for our customers and for yours.
As a team, we are passionate and motivated by the impact our organization can have on our customers, employees, the industry, and the world. We are here to accelerate software innovation by digitally connecting the global workforce. Through our experience, we know that working with remote teams and getting it right can become a competitive advantage for organizations. We want to provide this advantage to customers and partners that are trying to have a positive impact on the world through software innovation
Excellence is at the forefront of our mission. We see an opportunity to shift the narrative of working with offshore teams - from a frustrating cost-cutting exercise to a beneficial value addition.https://everest.engineering/
Our experience means we understand the problems software companies face trying to build offshore distributed teams because we've been there before ourselves.
We work iteratively together to manage these problems for you, or to provide extra capacity in peak times so that you can do what you do best – deliver amazing innovations and delighting your customers
To see the quality of our code, you can checkout some of our open source projects: https://github.com/everest-engineering" target="_blank">https://github.com/
Big Data, Web Development, Mobile Development, Agile Development, Data Analytics, Software Product Development, and Remote Working
HeadQuarters- Melbourne, Victoria
We love people who in general -
- have a passion to own and create amazing products.
- are able to clearly understand the customer’s problem.
- are a good collaborative problem solver.
- are a really really good team player.
- are open to learn from others and teach others.
- are able to take the meaningful feedback and improve continuously.
- can commit to inclusion, equality & diversity.
- can maintain integrity at work.
You are the one if -
- you love solving problems.
- you have a keen interest in understanding and analysing the customer problems and solutions.
- you possess good listening, communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills.
- you can empathise easily with customers.
- you can facilitate and lead workshops that generate customised business solutions.
To be successful in this role, you need to -
- analyse the as-is system and collaborate with clients to create artefacts (personas, journeys, epics, stories, to-be system etc.) to outline business vision, objective, product roadmap, and a project release plan.
- effectively manage the scope and constraints of the project.
- work in agile teams that help in the successful delivery of a project.
- effectively prioritise and obtain buy-in from all the stakeholders to help the team with the requirements.
- write detailed stories to help the team understand the requirements.
- demonstrate flexibility in picking up things/roles needed for the successful delivery of the project.
- collaborate with the UX team to understand and contribute to the user research & design process.
- be an effective liaison between the client and your team to manage the product backlog and keep an eye on the software delivery.
- 5-8 years of experience as business analyst preferably with some experience in healthcare domain
- Experience in capturing/ defining requirements and creating business requirements document/ software requirements specifications
- Extensive and hands on experience in creating wireframes using tools like Visio etc.
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders across the board, including clients, business team, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Experience as a BA in software development/ implementation projects is a must
- Experience in creating and prioritizing the list of user stories/ backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- Experience in overseeing the development of the product and taking necessary steps to keep the project on track
- Strong communication skills, documentation skills. Excellent PPT, word and excel skills are a must
Good to have
- Have worked with hospitals or outpatient clinics or public sector healthcare entities
- BA may have to travel for a few weeks Internationally
Experience - 7 to 9 Years
Notice Period - Immediate to 45 Days
Job Description :Agile ExpertiseExperience managing requirements in an agile format from discovery through to delivery in an ongoing successful/sustainable modelExperience as a scrum master & running Agile ceremonies, keeping stakeholders updated wrt to statusCapabilities must include:Definition, importance & role ownership of Ceremonies, Scrum recognized and otherwise. This would encompass, at minimum, Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo & Retrospective.Deep understanding of a user story & anatomy therein (Actor, Action Taken, Behavior, Business Value Justification acceptance criteriaBusiness Analysis Capabilities5+ years of business analyst experience performing requirements gathering, elaboration, story creation, acceptance validation etc.3+ years of Hands-on experience with agile tools like Jira or equivalentStrong discovery experienceProcess/Sequence diagrammingPostman and SOAPUI experience is a plusDiverse group facilitation Should be able to drive consensus around variety of Virtusa and Client business/technical leaders/SMEs
To lead virtual meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution. Should be able to lead requirement discussion calls with potential clients about their web and mobile application development needs.
Responsible for the requirement gathering with potential clients to elicit business and functional requirements.
Apply standard business analysis techniques to develop quality requirements for inclusion in BRD/FRD/SRS. Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions.
Collaborate effectively with development functions to provide cost and time assessment of the requirements.
Should be able to create proposals and Statement Of Work, clearly documenting the client requirements and budgetary information.
Should be open to work in extended IST hours.
Problem solver, self-driven and be able to work as an individual contributor as well if required. Desired Candidate Profile:
4-6 years of strong experience working as a Business Analyst or Presales consultant in the web and mobile application domain.
Knowledge of web and mobile application development technologies
Familiar with agile principles and other software development processes and concepts.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
B-Tech/MBA/BCA Equivalent as educational qualification.
Location- Noida (Work from Office)
Roles & Responsibilities -
The business development executive will be primarily responsible for generating new business for the company alongside the Head of Global Business Development. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Lead generation via an existing network, B2B portals and other online/offline mediums
- Market research & analysis to figure out the obtainable market between the various geographies that we operate in
- Work collaboratively with the existing team and exhibit a solid pre-sales function, right from RFP, business analysis and submission of proposals.
- Identify sales tactics and close deals on a fast-paced level to gain maximum traction and growth in your success ladder
- Communicate with all the stakeholders and build a cohesive environment for teammates and the clients.
1-2 years of experience working in an IT services-based organization
Profound knowledge of systems and new-age technologies used for delivering applications in current times
Graduate or Post Graduate from any Tier 1 institution across Pune/Mumbai or other locations
Excellent written, verbal and negotiation skills
Profound email & business language proficiency to communicate in the international market
Experience in servicing international clients across USA, UK, EU, Asia-Pacific & Middle-east
Flexibility to work across various time zones
This is a full-time position in the office. But hybrid with WFH twice a month can be allowed.
What do we offer?
Growth-led inclusive environment. Ideas to impact. Good compensation but great incentives.
- BA Workstream: Ability to understand the objectives and goals of the project, and to contribute to the development of the project plan through identifying BA scope of work, advocating approach, and methodologies.
- Create BA Work Packages: Ability to breakdown the BA Scope of Work into manageable work packages to support the overall delivery of the plan.
- Scope and document requirements: Ability to understand, capture, and model functional, non-functional (operational), and interface requirements for users of a system.
- Designing and enhancing Business Processes: Ability to create maps (or models) of workflows, services design, and customer journeys for the business, organization, system, or software. Process maps are created by eliciting new requirements as well as identifying existing functionalities and processes in an organization. Documenting behavior models using use cases, user experience design, storyboards, user profiles, and user stories.
- Analysis & estimation of solution options: Ability to undertake quality initiatives and measure them with the right metrics. Be able to develop meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Training &Communications: Work with learning and comms team to provide inputs on new functionality, enhancements, process changes, etc. to drive adoption
- Digital Capability: Having had experience in, or capability to, enable customer experiences through the use of digital technologies through placing the customer at the center of everything we do.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Minimum 4+ years of work experience as a BA required in Software development projects
- Industry certification in Business Analysis like CBAP, Agile business analysis, etc.
- Prior experience or a background in software development.
- High attention to detail and work ethics which encourages accuracy
- Involvement in digital transformation or multi-system integration project
- Strong written and oral communication skills with IELTS ( or any other equivalent English proficiency score of 7 or above)
- High level of computer user ability, including Ms Word, Ms Visio, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point, Outlook
- Agile qualification and experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Great can-do flexible attitude that thrives in a collaborative makes it happen environment. Attitude is everything!
• Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
• Proven sales track record
• Experience in customer support is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
• Proficiency in English
• Market knowledge
• Communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to build rapport
• Time management and planning skills
• BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
• Manage complete client and internal operations
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
• Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
• Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
• Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
1. Ensuring productivity of the team members viz a viz the sprint/tasks plan.
2. Collaborating with the product team to define the product vision
3. Setting the objectives and key results
4. Building a strategic product roadmap that fits in with the overall strategy of the department and the company
5. Speaking to customers to collect feedback
6. Working with the developers to deliver quality features and products within the expected timeline
1. Good communication skills.
2. Prior experience in team management is a must have
3. Time Management Skills
4. Ability to focus on what and how instead of who
5. Should have a good understanding and knowledge of IT.
Target area would be clients looking forward Digital Marketing services. Hence includes,
1) Increasing revenues
2) Growth in terms of business expansion,
3) Increasing profitability by building strategic partnerships and making strategic business decisions.
4) Responsible for prospecting, identifying, and developing business with new customers
5) Preparing commercials for prospective clients based on the business offering in consultation with the project manager.
6)- Introduce the new client to the operations team and assist the operations team to work for the new client.
7) Competitor analysis: Should be aware of the work being done by the competition and come up with strategies to acquire those accounts.
8) Providing management with client/market feedback.
9) Ability to identify client needs and deciding deliverables for the same.
10) Should be self driven, target oriented and passionate
Industry Type IT
Functional Area Sales & Business Development
Employment Type Full Time, Permanent
Role Category BD / Pre Sales
UG : Any Graduate
PG : Any Postgraduate
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required
Communication Skills Data Analysis Business Development
Competitor Analysis BD Account Mining Execution Project Management Digital Marketing New Business
25000 TO 750000 K