Purpose of the role
A Product manager at CarWale would be responsible to deliver world-class products that solve real-world problems around car buying, by working in an agile framework of iterative development and collaboration.
They have to deliver great business value through user research , intelligent prioritization , and working with Stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle to ensure a great return on investment.
Primary responsibility of the role would be to define the product roadmap & backlog, work with business and functional teams to design and implement changes that drive user acquisition, user experience & monetization.
- Lead a development team to implement product changes while working collaboratively with multiple stake holders like Design, Sales, Operations & Management.
- Analyze data to derive product & business insights and use them to strategize changes. Iteratively improve on the product by running tests
- Be responsible for prioritization of features based on assessment of business impact & effort.
- Report findings & periodic reviews with Management.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities
- Understanding and experience of Digital Product Development Life Cycle
- Excellent business analysis & problem-solving skills
- Result-driven, goal-oriented work ethic
- Customer empathy, ability to think from user’s point of view
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of technology and exposure to software coding
- Experience in Business Requirement Specification documentation/product backlog (Epics, User stories)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment is preferred
- Understanding of user experiences (UI/UX)
- Product development experience including experience in digital product building/tech delivery is preferred
About the Company
CarWale is India's largest auto media company. CarWale has always striven to serve car buyers and owners in the most comprehensive and convenient way possible. We provide a platform where car buyers and owners can research, buy, sell and come together to discuss and talk about their cars.
Our mission is to bring joy and delight into car buying and ownership. To achieve this goal, we aim to empower Indian consumers to make informed car buying and ownership decisions with exhaustive and un-biased information on cars through our expert reviews, owner reviews, detailed specifications and comparisons. We understand that a car is by and large the second-most expensive asset a consumer associates his lifestyle with.
Together with CarTrade & BikeWale, we are the market leaders in the personal mobility media space.
Company is a fast-growing start-up with a world-class platform that simplifies network monetization. Our mission is to enable any company to launch services atop any network infrastructure with radical simplicity. Leveraging the power of our platform, Reach also operates a top-rated mobile service Reach Mobile in the U.S. that donates 10% of data plan costs to provide life changing connectivity to women and students in need. About the Role: It’s a global role responsible for managing the product throughout the product lifecycle from planning to execution in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
• Write detailed user stories and acceptance criteria, draft user flows, communicate project scope effectively, and manage products through development, QA, UA Testing, and launch • Ability to understand business and technical requirements & conceptualize end-toend solutions
• Ensure requirements are communicated effectively to the business, design, operations, CS and development teams.
• Manage agile product development process from a product management point of view
• Participate in scrum meetings, planning, reviews and retrospectives • Maintain and prioritize the product backlog and track feature releases with different stakeholders
• Work with QA and engineering teams to streamline system integration, test and improve product features
• Serve as an in-house expert for our products and become the go-to person for all functional issues
• Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues
• Have Strong OSS/BSS requirement gathering and solution experience (Telecom domain).
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Telecom products e.g CRM, SDP, Billing & Service provisioning. Skills and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Managing and building effective teamwork and bringing all stakeholder on board.
- Recommending and sourcing new products based on competitor offerings, customer comments and market demands.
- Negotiating program terms with vendors.
- Assisting with catalogue layout preparation and product positioning.
- Developing pricing strategies for new and existing products.
- Building strong relationships across departments.
- Training and directing a team of Associates
What you need to have:
- Must have handled Electronic Products development
- Handled team and vendors, along with coordination with multiple departments
- Should be an effective communicator.
- Should have the speed that is keen to start ups.
- Strong Problem-solving skills.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the engineering team to guide and drive the roadmap
- Driving superb execution against plan anticipating risk and leading discussions via frequent, clear communication (both internally and with customers)
- Owning the product metrics driving scale, efficiency and experience
- Working closely with business to build the growth road-map
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- B.E/BTech and/or MBA
- At least 4 years of product management experience where you have played a significant role in the creation of new products or had end to end ownership of a product
- B2C product management experience, preferably in lending tech startups
- A strong technical background, enabling meaningful contribution to technically-driven features
- Previous development experience in some form is required
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
• Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
• Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
• Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
• Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
• Help prepare budgets
• Analyse risks and opportunities
• Oversee project procurement management
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
• Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
• Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
• Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
• Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
Desired Candidate Profile :-
2-4 years of Relevant Experience in Project Management
B.Tech or M.Tech in IT/CSE, BCA, MCA or MBA
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
• Handled Agile & Scrum Planning Activities fairly
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Hands-on experience with project management tools
• PMP / PRINCE2 certification will be an added advantage
The ideal candidate is an analytical team player who will be responsible for getting things done, identifying the critical issues within the existing product, skilled in problem solving, planned execution and finally evaluating the solution. Ability to work with a team of high performing individuals, also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps and discover new opportunities.
- Work closely with senior leadership in Product, Technology, Business, Marketing and Design team to articulate business needs to actionable product requirements.
- Take complete ownership of the products, refining the existing features in the product. Working on new features, identifying the user requirements and ultimately improving the lifetime of the users using our product.
- A basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research. Establish a closed feedback loop with users & Synthesizing user needs and insights into simple yet delightful experiences.
- Periodically conduct user-research, industry analysis, competitor mapping and ideate on what to build next. Compile information from various sources to formulate a current picture of the company and market.
- Improving the user journey, reducing the drop-off rates.
- Obsess with data, define and track key metrics and draw actionable insights using data. Establish KPIs, and conduct quality assessments
- Help define Product Roadmap for new offerings aligned with the broader company vision and yearly targets
- Work with cross-functional team to take something from idea to hands of users
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures, Dissect product analytics and user behavior patterns into meaningful insights that grow the product.
- Tech background with a good understanding of technology, data and building products. 2-6 years of experience in Product Management, Software Development, Analytics or similar roles in a consumer internet product set-up.
- A strong product sense, attention to the little big details, and eye for good visual design.
- Capable of taking business metrics, requirements or user problems and breaking them into workable product requirements, and leading the development of identified features
- Excellent presentation & communication, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills to get the team on board with your vision
- Able to multitask, prioritize, work autonomously and with great time management skills
- Prior track record of working with product team from research phases through engineering to success would be highly preferred.
- Developing new product features
- Working on developing product strategies
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- As an APM, you will be reporting to Product Owners. Our product is at a very young age, and hence has a long way to go. As an APM, you get to work on the vision of the product and get direct involvement with the ideation and implementation of product features. The key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Collecting quantitative product data and metrics
- Synthesizing customer research
- Gathering product requirements and aligning them with business goals
- Coordinating with stakeholders to achieve the product vision
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Previous overall working experience of 8-14 years, including 3-5 years working as a Product Owner.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
Product Management - Conceptualization - RoadMap Design.
Early Age StartUp Experience.
● Proven track record of customer obsession and innovation in high-growth companies from
● Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically including the ability to formulate
data-driven and result-oriented decisions.
● Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
● 5+ experience of product management/consulting/marketing highly preferred
● Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an
ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environmen