Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Art Manager you’ll be part of the core art team working to improve our processes, hit our deadlines, source and manage outsourcers, and upskill the other members of the team.
What you will be doing
Working closely with Department Leaders to optimise how the Art Department operates and define and establish best practices
Organising and managing Art documentation, libraries and workshops.
Driving recruitment for the Art Department. Working closely with HR and senior management to improve the hiring process and being responsible for onboarding and offboarding of staff.
Ensuring that the team is adequately resourced to meet the studio’s requirements
Being an advocate for the Art Team. Championing art requirements and needs in stakeholder meetings. Evangelising working practices within the art team and elsewhere. Promoting a positive inclusive team culture
Working with Art Leads in identifying areas or individuals in need of support and managing teams personal development
Facilitating collaboration with external and internal teams and ensuring strong communication between teams and departments.
Searching for, evaluating, and managing outsource partners to support our internal efforts
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
Have a minimum of 5+ years experience in the games industry (Ideally mobile / hypercasual) with at least 3 years as a lead
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Proven experience of supporting artists across disciplines and workflows, with the ability to identify workflow issues and implement solutions to mitigate them.
Experience working collaboratively and productively in cross discipline teams
Self motivated and self sufficient
Strong aesthetic judgement
Well versed in a range of Art production tools (Maya,Photoshop,Illustrator,After Effects etc)
Familiar with a range of Management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc)
Familiar with Git
Knowledge of Unity and other game engines
Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills evidenced through experience as a mentor to others and authoring clear detailed documentation
Scheduling, budgeting and outsourcing experience
Fluent in English, both written and verbally
- A strong interest in mobile games
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
We're a game developer and publisher, with most of our games on mobile and some on PC & Console too. We love making games and have had over 900 million worldwide downloads.
Software “must have”: Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch App
Absolutely required to be proficient in English (both speaking and writing).
Nice to know: InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Notion, Slack, GDrive, Wordpress, Elementor
Skills: Agile process mindset, good organization when working with multiple designers, experience with design systems and replication of brand guidelines
Biostrap is based in Los Angeles, California with our team working remotely in several countries around the globe. This is a remote position, you’ll need a computer and a high speed internet connection.
We are recognized as a startup by DPIIT, Startup India.
- 2-3 years of experience in development using core Java, Spring Boot Framework
- Should have knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of RDBMS like PostGreSQL
- Having worked with tools like bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira etc would be an added advantage
- Should have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in multi-threaded server side Java programming
- Working knowledge on web services.
- Working knowledge on hibernate and springs framework.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Should have worked in SDLC environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively within a team
We are in search of a talented and creative graphic designer who understands SEO and digital marketing as well as how to successfully communicate its compelling message through the graphic medium. If you possess the intuitive and learned skillset to create and execute consistently impactful graphics, have a passion and native curiosity for SEO and are motivated by optimizing online marketing strategies, we’d like to talk with you!
We are a high-end ROI driven SEO and web design firm with a white hat approach and a mission to become the industry leader for private white label SEO.
We need you to be a stand-out-of-the crowd graphic artist/designer with a solid foundation in SEO digital content and technology, who is as comfortable as a hands-on team player as you are working autonomously.
Responsibilities Will Include:
Designing compelling, high-end, white hat ROI driven SEO oriented graphic treatments, as well as reworking or “tweaking” existing content
Designing specific SEO graphics that visually motivates CRO
Managing design content and making design recommendations for a diverse clientele
Providing visual design content that complements various types of written content
Liaising and communicating between teams and management on key information with a sensitivity for detail and timelines
Passion and ability to design graphic content specifically for SEO and internet marketing
Ability to think outside of the box when problem solving, yet be able to identify, respect and work creatively within boundaries
Ability to clearly communicate visually to the tech savvy as well as in lay man’s terms, interchangeably
Flexibility when it comes to the ability to adapt
MVP status when it comes to working on a team
A solid moral compass, ongoing internal motivation and autonomy
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing or related
2-3 years’ Experience in web related marketing and development
1+ years practical experience in SEO, WordPress and web design support
Outstanding transference skills, i.e., the ability to turn “a thousand words” into a compelling graphic design
The motivation and skill set necessary to stay on top of the latest digital graphic tools and trends
Full understanding and ongoing commitment to high end ROI and CRO
Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and a finely attuned sense of urgency
- Craft is a given, and so is the willingness to execute production work
- You feel comfortable managing on-brand materials in ways that still push creative boundaries
- You’re willing to make things happen within tight constraints and tight timelines
- You can design original pieces, including infographics and journey maps
- You are comfortable reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality and mentorship
- You inspire the team by being up-to-date with what’s new in the field of design, health, or impact
- You can effectively communicate with disciplines across the organization and are comfortable aligning your talents with theirs to build products and solutions together
- You have a genuine empathic curiosity in how to communicate with diverse audiences, particularly those with low literacy and living in rural settings
- You’re passionate about contributing to the intersection of social impact, visual communication, and human-centered design and always ask: who am I designing for?
- Fluent in one Indian language (two languages is a significant plus)
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication or a related field or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects (video editing skills are a significant plus)
- Highly motivated, proactive, and experience working with minimal supervision
- Experience working in creative, human-centered culture and cross-cultural design
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Excited to use your artistic talents in a social impact context
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Create the templates such that information on the app is easy to find, visually appealing and adhering to international standards and trends
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers, service teams in order to create simple, easy-to-use designs
- Translate business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the visual design field
- Interpret storyboards to tell visual stories that support our solutions
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in designing graphics, layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined designs in a short time
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Sketch
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, 3DMax and other relevant tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the graphic design field