Job title - Technical Content Writer
HeadSpin has a commitment for businesses to prioritize digital user experience through our platform and grow into an industry leader. The driving force behind our success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our client-focused services and marketing efforts to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
- Writing, editing and proofreading website content.
- Write Articles, Blogs, Social media, Forum and other SEO best practices.
- Develop content to support SEO strategies to drive traffic to the site and improve website Ranking.
- Understanding of Web publishing requirements.
- Experience in creating content for the web and growing a social audience.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences.
- Expertise in social media platforms.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to develop compelling content plans.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to details.
- Basic Knowledge of technical terminologies.
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and spoken.
• A Technical Writer with experience in creating customer-focused
Must have skills:
• Writing concepts and procedures with consistency and
• Editing documents for correctness of grammar & sentence
structure, clarity of communication, and overall accuracy
• Familiarity with authoring and image capturing tools;
knowledge of video creation tools is desirable
• Ability to grasp functional concepts and draft content with
• Estimating and planning work and coordinating with others
for completion of deliverables
Prefer to have proficiency in the following:
• Understanding of Accounting domain in general
• Usability and SEO aspects
• Defining the flow and structure of how-to documents
Nice to have:
Excellent writing skills in any of the languages: Tamil, Gujarati,
Kannada, Marati, Telugu
What will you be doing?
• Write technical content, including concepts and procedures
for online help
• Provide editorial and writing support for UI strings
• Peer review product documents and ensure adherence to
inhouse standards and guidelines
• Participate in activities that lead to design, including
identification of business cases, product patterns, and
• Participate in market research, to understand the business
• Manage projects by collaborating with different teams
Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, latest delivery mechanisms and a dedicated staff, our nearly decade old client has the capacity to handle orders of any size. It also has an exclusive division that caters specifically to the needs of academic libraries for e-Books and e-Databases.
With a large collection of books available in both downloadable and physical form, one need not look elsewhere.
- Maintaining quality standards of the content created by the team
- Conducting in-depth research to obtain information about the subject matter
- Collaborating with designers, freelancers to create project layouts, infographics, and other visual designs
- Proofreading, editing and improving content created by copywriters and ensuring brand consistency
- Mentoring content team members to deliver high-quality content
- Being accountable for planning and executing the content that goes into printing
Desired Candidate Profile
- 3+ years of experience in content management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- You'll make it happen by creating the copies for the best funnels for Knorish, constantly improving, optimizing the existing content with fanatic attention to marketing.
- Experience in creating mind-boggling content for social advertising channels including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
- Optimizing PR campaigns when there is a need
- Boundless positivity, zeal for learning, calculated experimentation, and a desire to become a Voice of the platform
- Create SEO optimized blogs for posting
- Preferred to have a deep understanding of SEO, Keyword analysis, SEMRUSH, UBERSUGGEST, AHREFS
- A must knowledge of CMS, blog maintenance, CTAs, and others
1. Should be a team player and be willing to learn new writing styles & updated with copywriting trends.
2. Experience of working with a similar Tech/SaaS platform would be an icing on the cake.
3. Must be diligent and be able to work independently with minimal intervention Above all attention to detail, passion for impeccable English, great writing skills plus over 2 years of experience in SEO writing & blogging.
- Market+ Salary
- Annual Bonuses
This wellness platform is revolutionising primary health and wellness in India.
What you will do:
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitoring SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborating with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicating with followers, responding to queries in a timely manner and monitoring customer reviews
- Overseeing social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggesting and implementing new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager for a minimum of 3 years
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Take full ownership for creation and ongoing maintenance of the End User Manual for Corridor Platforms software.
- The content writer will need to work closely with the Head of Products and developers to document the functional use of platform capabilities from an end user perspective. Updates to the End User Manual are done at every major product release.
- On an ongoing basis, it will be the responsibility of the content writer to keep the End User Manual in-sync with platform capabilities as it evolves across releases.
- As a secondary responsibility based on bandwidth, the content writer will also help in development of professional marketing materials, social media content (blogs, website content as example) and support online branding of the firm.
- 2-5 yrs experience in content development
- Proven record of best-in-class writing skills demonstrated in a professional portfolio with impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in style and expressions of writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work collaborate with multiple stakeholders across tech, product managers and data scientists.
- Strong ability to structure concepts and articulate them in well designed and logically flowing blocks of documentation which includes text, images and videos (as necessary).
- Strict adherence to the style guides of Corridor Platforms and their policies for publication.
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
- Proficiency with computers, reasonable familiarity with Markdown text and development environments like Visual Studio as well as desktop publishing tools. Familiarity with using Google G suite and Microsoft Office 365 Solution suite would also be highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or technical writing would be preferred but not necessary
- Lastly, we are looking for intellectually curious people who care about technology products and are willing to learn everyday in a dynamic startup setting!
Interested In Making Career In 'Instructional Design'? Then Let's Connect !!!!
The objective of the Emeritus ID Academy is to provide ID training to the selected candidates over 4-5 weeks (approximately one month). They will learn the fundamentals of instructional design from the industry experts and practice ID skills such as storyboarding, visualization and design of the content and so on with support from ID professionals. Post the ID training and completion of their Capstone Project, we'll assess the candidates and onboard them with Emeritus based on their screening results.
Here's more about Emeritus and the ID academy. About us -Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China.
Emeritus' short courses, degree programs, boot camps, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches educates more than 100,000 students per year across 80 countries.
Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Learning Solutions, has more than 1,200 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. The company has raised over $160 million in capital and is backed by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Sequoia India, Leeds Illuminate, and Prosus Ventures.
- Learn the science and art of instructional design from industry experts and practitioners.
- Apply instructional design in hands-on exercises under professional guidance.
- Be familiar with the job expectations and attitude in the online education industry.
- Become industry-ready to kick-start your career as an Instructional Design professional.
- Understanding the company’s requirements in terms of content/ creative inputs and timelines.
- Understanding of customer insights and data that translates into creative communication
- Developing content from the marketing brief along with studio team, visualising and brainstorming, breaking it down to easy paths which go as an input to design team to design the required creative communication
- Providing copy as required for the respective creative
- Ensuring that the design team is adequately resourced
- Being the single point of contact for the content/ copy communication
- Understanding Briefs and coming up with Ideas on the brief
- Ensuring all design communication goes out from the studio should be thoroughly checked and proofread.
What you need to have:
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/ tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, Good at writing skills
- A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Should be comfortable working with team members in a highly interactive environment.
- You will be a problem solver and must demonstrate a solid background in managing and understanding creative development
- Should be able to define its content as per the vision, goals & strategy of the company as well as be able to work as part of a growing team to derive innovative content
- Creating content in various formats and types viz articles, blogs, website copies, newsletters, social media posts & captions
- Creating content strategy and calendar for various clients as well as the company
- Learning copywriting and applying it wherever required