Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian logistics services market. With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 7 Lakh + Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5+ Million in a Pre-Series A round from RTP Global along with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors include Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Co-founders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook.
Manager Data Science:
We at Vahak, are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Manager of Data Science, to join our young & diverse team.You will play a key role in the data science group, working with different teams, identifying the use cases that could be solved by application of data science techniques.
Our goal as a group is to drive powerful, big data analytics products with scalable results.We love people who are humble and collaborative with hunger for excellence.
- Mine and Analyze end to end business data and generate actionable insights. Work will involve analyzing Customer transaction data, Marketing Campaign performance analysis, identifying process bottlenecks, business performance analysis etc.
- Identify data driven opportunities to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Collaborate with Product and growth teams to test and learn at unprecedented pace and help the team achieve substantial upside in key metrics
- Actively participate in the OKR process and help team democratize the key KPIs and metrics that drive various objectives
- Comfortable with digital marketing campaign concepts, use of marketing campaign platforms such as Google Adwords and Facebook Ads
- Responsible for design of algorithms that require different advanced analytics techniques and heuristics to work together
- Create dashboard and visualization from scratch and present data in logical manner to all the stakeholders
- Collaborates with internal teams to create actionable items based off analysis; works with the datasets to conduct complex quantitative analysis and helps drive the innovation for our customers
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Engineering, Science, Maths, Economics or other quantitative fields. MBA is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of proven experience working in Data Science field preferably in ecommerce/web based or consumer technology companies
- Thorough understanding of implementation and analysis of product and marketing metrics at scale
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Fluency in statistical computer languages like SQL, Python, R as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiments designs and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Should have worked in a relational database like Oracle or Mysql, experience in Big Data systems like Bigquery or Redshift a definite plus
- Experience using business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
Qualification – Any engineering graduate with STRONG programming and logical reasoning skills.
**Minimum years of Experience:2 – 5 years**
Previous experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
**Knowledge of programming languages (e. g. Java and Python).
Hands-on experience with SQL Programming
Hands-on experience with Python Programming
Knowledge of these tools DBT, ADF, Snowflakes, and Databricks would be added advantage for our current project.**
Strong numerical and analytical skills.
Experience in dealing directly with customers and internal sales organizations.
Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
Good to have: Hands-on experience in Cloud services.
Knowledge with ML
Data Warehouse builds (DB, SQL, ETL, Reporting Tools like Power BI…)
Do share your profile to gayathrirajagopalan @jmangroup.com
- Work closely with your business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation.
- Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
- Querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Visualizing/presenting data through various Dashboards for Data Analysis, Using Python Dash, Flask etc.
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Work in a POSIX/UNIX environment to run/deploy applications
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
- Able to create algorithms to extract information from large data sets
- Strong knowledge of Python, R, Java or another scripting/statistical languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation and analysis.
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL or other tools
- Strong understanding of various NLP, and NLU techniques like Named Entity Recognition, Summarization, Topic Modeling, Text Classification, Lemmatization and Stemming.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc.
- Experience with Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn
- Experience with Jupyter / Pandas / Numpy to manipulate and analyse data
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and their respective pros and cons
- Strong Knowledge of various Data Science Visualization Tools like Tableau, PowerBI, D3, Plotly, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, AWS, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages, such as SQL, Spark DataFrame API, etc.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, R, KDB+ and other relevant libraries)
- Experienced in building applications that meet enterprise needs – secure, scalable, loosely coupled design
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms, and design patterns
- Strong oral and written communication, and other soft skills critical to collaborating and engage with teams
Design, development and deployment of highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise business software at scale.
Demonstrate tech expertise to go very deep or broad in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverage-able solutions.
Execute large-scale projects - Provide technical leadership in architecting and building product solutions.
Collaborate across teams to deliver a result, from hardworking team members within your group, through smart technologists across lines of business.
Be a role model on acting with good judgment and responsibility, helping teams to commit and move forward.
Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with differences in opinion in a mature and fair way.
Raise the bar by improving standard methodologies, producing best-in-class efficient solutions, code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
• 15+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Proven record of building and productionizing highly reliable products at scale.
Experience with Java and Python
Experience with the Big Data technologie is a plus.
Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that help guide us towards a long-term vision
Can collaborate well with several other engineering orgs to articulate requirements and system design
• Team player!
• Great interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and a portfolio of successful execution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
• Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
Deliver full-cycle Tableau development projects, from business needs assessment and data discovery, through solution design, to delivery to client.
Enable our clients and ourselves to answer questions and develop data-driven insights through Tableau.
Provide technical leadership and support across all aspects of Tableau development and use, from data specification development, through DataMart development, to supporting end-user dashboards and reports.
Administrate Tableau Server by creating sites, add/remove users, and provide the appropriate level access for users.
Strategize and ideate the solution design. Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes.
Develop best practices guidelines for Tableau data processing and visualization. Use these best practices to quickly deliver functionality across the client base and internal users.
Degree in a highly-relevant analytical or technical field, such as statistics, data science, or business analytics.
· 5+ years as a Tableau developer and administrator.
· Extensive experience with large data sets, statistical analyses, and visualization as well as hands-on experience on tools (SQL, Tableau, Power BI).
· Ability to quickly learn and take responsibility to deliver.
In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to 450 people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India’s largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
Summary of Role
Position/Role Description :
The candidate will be part of a team managing databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra) and will be involved in designing, configuring and maintaining databases.
• Complete involvement in the database requirement starting from the design phase for every project.
• Deploying required database assets on production (DDL, DML)
• Good understanding of MySQL Replication (Master-slave, Master-Master, GTID-based)
• Understanding of MySQL partitioning.
• A better understanding of MySQL logs and Configuration.
• Ways to schedule backup and restoration.
• Good understanding of MySQL versions and their features.
• Good understanding of InnoDB-Engine.
• Exploring ways to optimize the current environment and also lay a good platform for new projects.
• Able to understand and resolve any database related production outages.
• BE/B.Tech from a reputed institute
• Experience in python scripting.
• Experience in shell scripting.
• General understanding of system hardware.
• Experience in MySQL is a must.
• Experience in MongoDB, Cassandra, Graph db will be preferred.
• Experience with Pecona MySQL tools.
• 6 - 8 years of experience.
Job Location: Bengaluru
- Should have good hands-on experience in Informatica MDM Customer 360, Data Integration(ETL) using PowerCenter, Data Quality.
- Must have strong skills in Data Analysis, Data Mapping for ETL processes, and Data Modeling.
- Experience with the SIF framework including real-time integration
- Should have experience in building C360 Insights using Informatica
- Should have good experience in creating performant design using Mapplets, Mappings, Workflows for Data Quality(cleansing), ETL.
- Should have experience in building different data warehouse architecture like Enterprise,
- Federated, and Multi-Tier architecture.
- Should have experience in configuring Informatica Data Director in reference to the Data
- Governance of users, IT Managers, and Data Stewards.
- Should have good knowledge in developing complex PL/SQL queries.
- Should have working experience on UNIX and shell scripting to run the Informatica workflows and to control the ETL flow.
- Should know about Informatica Server installation and knowledge on the Administration console.
- Working experience with Developer with Administration is added knowledge.
- Working experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an added advantage. Particularly on AWS S3, Data pipeline, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, and EMR.
- Should be responsible for the creation of automated BI solutions, including requirements, design,development, testing, and deployment
• Responsible for developing and maintaining applications with PySpark
• Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the application developed and deployed.
• Performance Tuning wrt to executor sizing and other environmental parameters, code optimization, partitions tuning, etc.
• Interact with business users to understand requirements and troubleshoot issues.
• Implement Projects based on functional specifications.
• Good experience in Pyspark - Including Dataframe core functions and Spark SQL
• Good customer communication.
• Good Analytical skills
We are a young, fast-growing AI company shaking up how work gets done across the enterprise. Every day, we help clients identify opportunities for automation, and then use a variety of AI and advanced automation techniques to rapidly model manual work in the form of code. Our impact has already been felt across some of the most reputable Fortune 500 companies, who are consequently seeing major gains in efficiency, client satisfaction, and overall savings. It’s an exciting experience to watch companies transform themselves rapidly with Soroco!
Based across US, UK, and India, our team includes several PhDs and graduates from top-notch universities such as MIT, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Dartmouth, and top rankers/medalists from the IITs and NITs. The senior leadership includes a former founder of a VC/hedge fund, a computer scientist from Harvard, and a former founder of a successful digital media firm. Our team has collectively published more than 100 papers in international journals and conferences and been granted over 20 patents. Our board members include some of the most well-known entrepreneurs across the globe, and our early clients include some of the most innovative Fortune 100 companies.
As an individual contributor role, Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with Data Science Manager in India. BAs will be primarily responsible for analyzing improvement opportunities with business process, people productivity, application usage experience and other advanced analytics projects using Soroco scout platform collected data, for clients from diverse industry.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding project objectives and frame analytics approach to provide the solution.
- Take ownership in extracting, cleansing, structuring & analyzing data
- Analyze data using statistical or rule-based techniques to identify actionable insights.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation/build visualization solutions for presenting the analysis & actionable insights to client.
- Brainstorm and perform root cause analysis to provide suggestions to improve scout platform.
- Work closely with product managers to build analytical features in the product.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced setting
- Communicate effectively with client engagement, product, and engineering teams
An ideal BA should be passionate and entrepreneurial in nature, with a flexible attitude to learn anything and a willingness to provide the highest level of professional service.
- 2-4 years of analytics work experience with a University degree in Engineering, preferably from Tier-1 or Tier-2 colleges.
- Possess the skill to creatively solve analytical problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to perform data manipulation and data modeling with complex data using SQL/Python
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R/Python)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Impeccable attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong capabilities and experience with programming in Python (Numpy & Pandas)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, classification, and sequencing, among others)
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik.
How You Will Grow:
Soroco believes in supporting you and your career. We will encourage you to grow by providing you with professional development opportunities across multiple business functions. Joining a young company will allow you to explore what is possible and have a high impact
Niki is an artificially intelligent ordering application (http://niki.ai/app" target="_blank">niki.ai/app). Our founding team is from IIT Kharagpur, and we are looking for a Natural Language Processing Engineer to join our engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience solving language-related problems using statistical methods on vast quantities of data available from Indian mobile consumers and elsewhere.
Major responsibilities would be:
1. Create language models from text data. These language models draw heavily from statistical, deep learning as well as rule based research in recent times around building taggers, parsers, knowledge graph based dictionaries etc.
2. Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
3. Work closely with product teams to implement algorithms that power user and developer-facing products
We work mostly in Java and Python and object oriented concepts are a must to fit in the team. Basic eligibility criteria are:
2. Industry experience of min 5 years.
3. Strong background in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
4. Have some experience in leading a team big or small.
5. Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MaprReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable is a plus
What We're Building
We are building an automated messaging platform to simplify ordering experience for consumers. We have launched the Android App: http://niki.ai/app" target="_blank">niki.ai/app . In the current avatar, Niki can process mobile phone recharge and book cabs for the consumers. It assists in finding the right recharge plans across topup, 2g, 3g and makes the transaction. In cab booking, it helps in end to end booking along with tracking and cancellation within the App. You may also compare to get the nearest or the cheapest cab among available ones.
Being an instant messaging App, it works seamlessly on 2G / 3G / Wifi and is light weight around 3.6 MB. You may check out using: https://niki.ai/" target="_blank">niki.ai app