About the CompanyBlue Sky Analytics is a Climate Tech startup that combines the power of AI & Satellite data to aid in the creation of a global environmental data stack. Our funders include Beenext and Rainmatter. Over the next 12 months, we aim to expand to 10 environmental data-sets spanning water, land, heat, and more!
We are looking for a Data Lead - someone who works at the intersection of data science, GIS, and engineering. We want a leader who not only understands environmental data but someone who can quickly assemble large scale datasets that are crucial to the well being of our planet. Come save the planet with us!
Manage: As a leadership position, this requires long term strategic thinking. You will be in charge of daily operations of the data team. This would include running team standups, planning the execution of data generation and ensuring the algorithms are put in production. You will also be the person in charge to dumb down the data science for the rest of us who do not know what it means.
Love and Live Data: You will also be taking all the responsibility of ensuring that the data we generate is accurate, clean, and is ready to use for our clients. This would entail that you understand what the market needs, calculate feasibilities and build data pipelines. You should understand the algorithms that we use or need to use and take decisions on what would serve the needs of our clients well. We also want our Data Lead to be constantly probing for newer and optimized ways of generating datasets. It would help if they were abreast of all the latest developments in the data science and environmental worlds. The Data Lead also has to be able to work with our Platform team on integrating the data on our platform and API portal.
Collaboration: We use Clubhouse to track and manage our projects across our organization - this will require you to collaborate with the team and follow up with members on a regular basis. About 50% of the work, needs to be the pulse of the platform team. You'll collaborate closely with peers from other functions—Design, Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support to name a few—on our overall product roadmap, on product launches, and on ongoing operations. You will find yourself working with the product management team to define and execute the feature roadmap. You will be expected to work closely with the CTO, reporting on daily operations and development. We don't believe in a top-down hierarchical approach and are transparent with everyone. This means honest and mutual feedback and ability to adapt.
Teaching: Not exactly in the traditional sense. You'll recruit, coach, and develop engineers while ensuring that they are regularly receiving feedback and making rapid progress on personal and professional goals.
Humble and cool: Look we will be upfront with you about one thing - our team is fairly young and is always buzzing with work. In this fast-paced setting, we are looking for someone who can stay cool, is humble, and is willing to learn. You are adaptable, can skill up fast, and are fearless at trying new methods. After all, you're in the business of saving the planet!
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Exceptional at Remote Sensing Data, GIS, Data Science.
- Must have big data & data analytics experience
- Very good in documentation & speccing datasets
- Experience with AWS Cloud, Linux, Infra as Code & Docker (containers) is a must
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (DevOPS, QA, Design etc.) on planning and execution
- Lead, mentor and manage deliverables of a team of talented and highly motivated team of developers
- Must have experience in building, managing, growing & hiring data teams. Has built large-scale datasets from scratch
- Managing work on team's Clubhouse & follows up with the team. ~ 50% of work, needs to be the pulse of the platform team
- Exceptional communication skills & ability to abstract away problems & build systems. Should be able to explain to the management anything & everything
- Quality control - you'll be responsible for maintaining a high quality bar for everything your team ships. This includes documentation and data quality
- Experience of having led smaller teams, would be a plus.
- Work from anywhere: Work by the beach or from the mountains.
- Open source at heart: We are building a community where you can use, contribute and collaborate on.
- Own a slice of the pie: Possibility of becoming an owner by investing in ESOPs.
- Flexible timings: Fit your work around your lifestyle.
- Comprehensive health cover: Health cover for you and your dependents to keep you tension free.
- Work Machine of choice: Buy a device and own it after completing a year at BSA.
- Quarterly Retreats: Yes there's work-but then there's all the non-work+fun aspect aka the retreat!
- Yearly vacations: Take time off to rest and get ready for the next big assignment by availing the paid leaves.
About Blue Sky Analytics
We are searching for an accountable, multitalented data engineer to facilitate the operations of our data scientists. The data engineer will be responsible for employing machine learning techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data while remaining familiar with dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field. During various aspects of this process, you should collaborate with coworkers to ensure that your approach meets the needs of each project.
To ensure success as a data engineer, you should demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to receive and utilize constructive criticism. A formidable data engineer will demonstrate unsatiated curiosity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Liaising with coworkers and clients to elucidate the requirements for each task.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
- Reformulating existing frameworks to optimize their functioning.
- Testing such structures to ensure that they are fit for use.
- Preparing raw data for manipulation by data scientists.
- Detecting and correcting errors in your work.
- Ensuring that your work remains backed up and readily accessible to relevant coworkers.
- Remaining up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs.
- Bachelor's degree in data engineering, big data analytics, computer engineering, or related field.
- Master's degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a data engineer, software developer, or similar.
- Expert proficiency in Python, C++, Java, R, and SQL.
- Familiarity with Hadoop or suitable equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A knack for independence and group work.
- Scrupulous approach to duties.
- Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
● Able contribute to the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical
specifications, and project & test planning
● Demonstrating technical expertise, and solving challenging programming and design
● Roughly 80% hands-on coding
● Generate technical documentation and PowerPoint presentations to communicate
architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
● Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release
● Work cross-functionally with various bidgely teams including: product management,
QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
● BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
● 2-4 years’ experience designing and developing applications in Data Engineering
● Hands-on experience with Big data Eco Systems.
● Hadoop,Hdfs,Map Reduce,YARN,AWS Cloud, EMR, S3, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka,
● Expertise with any of the following Object-Oriented Languages (OOD): Java/J2EE,Scala,
● Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting if required
● Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical
issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
● Expertise with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
● Experience on Cloud or AWS is preferable
● Have a good understanding and ability to develop software, prototypes, or proofs of
concepts (POC's) for various Data Engineering requirements.
|Job Title: Data Engineer|
|Tech Job Family: DACI|
|• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)|
|• 2 years of experience in Data, BI or Platform Engineering, Data Warehousing/ETL, or Software Engineering|
|• 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)|
|• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field|
|• 2 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization|
|• 4 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software|
|• 4 years of experience with technical documentation in a software development environment|
|• 2 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework|
|• 2 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports|
|• Experience with application and integration middleware|
|• Experience with database technologies|
|• 2 years of experience in Hadoop or any Cloud Bigdata components (specific to the Data Engineering role)|
|• Expertise in Java/Scala/Python, SQL, Scripting, Teradata, Hadoop (Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce), Spark (Spark Streaming, MLib), Kafka or equivalent Cloud Bigdata components (specific to the Data Engineering role)|
|• Expertise in MicroStrategy/Power BI/SQL, Scripting, Teradata or equivalent RDBMS, Hadoop (OLAP on Hadoop), Dashboard development, Mobile development (specific to the BI Engineering role)|
|• 2 years of experience in Hadoop, NO-SQL, RDBMS or any Cloud Bigdata components, Teradata, MicroStrategy (specific to the Platform Engineering role)|
|• Expertise in Python, SQL, Scripting, Teradata, Hadoop utilities like Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Ambari, Ranger, Kafka or equivalent Cloud Bigdata components (specific to the Platform Engineering role)|
|Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.|
- We are looking for a Data Engineer to build the next-generation mobile applications for our world-class fintech product.
- The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimising our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Looking for a person with a strong ability to analyse and provide valuable insights to the product and business team to solve daily business problems.
- You should be able to work in a high-volume environment, have outstanding planning and organisational skills.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Looking for a candidate with 2-3 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who is a CS graduate or has an equivalent experience.
What we're looking for?
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other alternate tools.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySql/Postgres and Mongodb.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala.
Do you have a passion for computer vision and deep learning problems? We are looking for someone who thrives on collaboration and wants to push the boundaries of what is possible today! Material Depot (materialdepot.in) is on a mission to be India’s largest tech company in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction space by democratizing the construction ecosystem and bringing stakeholders onto a common digital platform. Our engineering team is responsible for developing Computer Vision and Machine Learning tools to enable digitization across the construction ecosystem. The founding team includes people from top management consulting firms and top colleges in India (like BCG, IITB), and have worked extensively in the construction space globally and is funded by top Indian VCs.
Our team empowers Architectural and Design Businesses to effectively manage their day to day operations. We are seeking an experienced, talented Data Scientist to join our team. You’ll be bringing your talents and expertise to continue building and evolving our highly available and distributed platform.
Our solutions need complex problem solving in computer vision that require robust, efficient, well tested, and clean solutions. The ideal candidate will possess the self-motivation, curiosity, and initiative to achieve those goals. Analogously, the candidate is a lifelong learner who passionately seeks to improve themselves and the quality of their work. You will work together with similar minds in a unique team where your skills and expertise can be used to influence future user experiences that will be used by millions.
In this role, you will:
- Extensive knowledge in machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Solid background in image processing/computer vision
- Experience in building datasets for computer vision tasks
- Experience working with and creating data structures / architectures
- Proficiency in at least one major machine learning framework
- Experience visualizing data to stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and debug complex algorithms
- Good understanding and applied experience in classic 2D image processing and segmentation
- Robust semantic object detection under different lighting conditions
- Segmentation of non-rigid contours in challenging/low contrast scenarios
- Sub-pixel accurate refinement of contours and features
- Experience in image quality assessment
- Experience with in depth failure analysis of algorithms
- Highly skilled in at least one scripting language such as Python or Matlab and solid experience in C++
- Creativity and curiosity for solving highly complex problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mentor and support other technical team members in the organization
- Create, improve, and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and with carefully calculated debt
- Work closely with product managers, customer support representatives, and account executives to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
How you will do this:
- You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- You prioritize your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail, and learn continuously.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way, you bring your experience and expertise with you and help the team make the best decisions.
For this role, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the functional programming paradigm.
- Experience conducting code reviews, providing feedback to other engineers.
- Great communication skills and a proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
- You'd have to set up your own shop, work with design customers to find generalizable use cases, and build them out.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and ship new features
- At least 2-5 years of experience
- Predictive Analytics – Machine Learning Algorithms, Logistics & Linear Regression, Decision Tree, Clustering.
- Exploratory Data Analysis – Data Preparation, Data Exploration, and Data Visualization.
- Analytics Tools – R, Python, SQL, Power BI, MS Excel.
CommerceIQ is Hiring Data Scientist (3-5 yrs)
At CommerceIQ, we are building the world’s most sophisticated E-commerce Channel Optimization software to help brands leverage Machine Learning, Analytics and Automation to grow their E-commerce business on all channels, globally.
Using CommerceIQ as a single source of truth, customers have driven 40% increase in incremental sales, 20% improvement in profitability and 32% reduction in out of stock rates on Amazon.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work closely with Engineering/Product/Operations teams to build state-of-the-art ML based solutions for B2B SaaS products. This entails not only leveraging advanced techniques for predictions, time-series forecasting, topic modelling, optimisation but deep understanding of business and product too.
- Apply excellent problem solving skills to deconstruct and formulate solutions from first-principles
- Work on data science roadmap and build the core engine of our flagship CommerceIQ product
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design product strategy, identify key metrics to drive and support with proof of concept
- Perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions and develop robust, sustainable and scalable production systems
- Work with large scale ecommerce data of the biggest brands on amazon
- Apply out-of-the-box, advanced algorithms to complex problems in real-time systems
- Drive productization of techniques to be made available to a wide range of customers
- You would be working with and mentoring fellow team members on the owned charter
What we are looking for -
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or Maths/Stats from a reputed college with 4+ years of experience in solving data science problems that have driven value to customers
- Good depth and breadth in machine learning (theory and practice), optimization methods, data mining, statistics and linear algebra. Experience in NLP would be an advantage
- Hands-on programming skills and ability to write modular and scalable code in Python/R. Knowledge of SQL is required
- Familiarity with distributed computing architecture like Spark, Map-Reduce paradigm and Hadoop will be an added advantage
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, able to explain complex ideas in a simple, intuitive manner, write/maintain good technical documentation on projects
- Experience with building ML data products in an engineering organization interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact
- We are looking for candidates who are curious and self-starters; obsess over customer problems to deliver maximum value to them.
- Data scientist, Machine Learning, data science, data analyst
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Scientist: 3 years (Required)
- Looking for product based industry experience from tier 1 /tier 2 colleges (NIT ,BIT, IIT,IIIT, BITS, Strong Profiles)
- Hands-on experience in Development
- 4-6 years of Hands on experience with Python scripts
- 2-3 years of Hands on experience in PySpark coding. Worked in spark cluster computing technology.
- 3-4 years of Hands on end to end data pipeline experience working on AWS environments
- 3-4 years of Hands on experience working on AWS services – Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, EC2, RDS, SES, SNS, DMS, CloudWatch etc.
- 2-3 years of Hands on experience working on AWS redshift
- 6+ years of Hands on experience with writing Unix Shell scripts
- Good communication skills
As a Data Warehouse Engineer in our team, you should have a proven ability to deliver high-quality work on time and with minimal supervision.
Develops or modifies procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security and integration issues for various clients (on-site and off-site).
Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution.
Adapt best practices and industry standards, ensuring top quality deliverable''s and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration.
Design and implement formal data warehouse testing strategies and plans including unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, performance testing, and validation testing.
Evaluate all existing hardware's and software's according to required standards and ability to configure the hardware clusters as per the scale of data.
Data integration using enterprise development tool-sets (e.g. ETL, MDM, Quality, CDC, Data Masking, Quality).
Maintain and develop all logical and physical data models for enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
Contributes to the long-term vision of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) by delivering Agile solutions.
Interact with end users/clients and translate business language into technical requirements.
Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
Participate in data warehouse health monitoring and performance optimizations as well as quality documentation.
Job Requirements :
2+ years experience working in software development & data warehouse development for enterprise analytics.
2+ years of working with Python with major experience in Red-shift as a must and exposure to other warehousing tools.
Deep expertise in data warehousing, dimensional modeling and the ability to bring best practices with regard to data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance.
Experience working with data retrieval and manipulation tools for various data sources like Relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), Cloud-based storage.
Experience with analytic and reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS). Experience in AWS cloud stack (S3, Glue, Red-shift, Lake Formation).
Experience in various DevOps practices helping the client to deploy and scale the systems as per requirement.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with other developers and business clients.
Knowledge of Logistics and/or Transportation Domain is a plus.
Ability to handle/ingest very huge data sets (both real-time data and batched data) in an efficient manner.
As a data analyst, you will be responsible for compiling actionable insights from data and assisting program, sales and marketing managers build data-driven processes. Your role will involve driving initiatives to optimize for operational excellence and revenue.
Job Location: Indore | Full-Time Internship | Stipend - Performance Based |
About the company:
Anaxee Digital Runners is building India's largest last-mile verification & data collection network of Digital Runners (shared feet-on-street, tech-enabled) to help Businesses & Consumers reach remotest parts of India, on-demand. KYC | Field Verification | Data Collection | eSign | Tier-2, 3 & 4
Sounds like a moonshot? It is. We want to make REACH across India (remotest places), as easy as ordering pizza, on-demand. Already serving 11000 pin codes (57% of India) | Website: www.anaxee.com
Important: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnyJsKedz8" target="_blank">Check out our company pitch (6 min video) to understand this goal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnyJsKedz8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnyJsKedz8
- Ensure that data flows smoothly from source to destination so that it can be processed
- Utilize strong database skills to work with large, complex data sets to extract insights
- Filter and cleanse unstructured (or ambiguous) data into usable data sets that can be analyzed to extract insights and improve business processes
- Identify new internal and external data sources to support analytics initiatives and work with appropriate partners to absorb the data into new or existing data infrastructure
- Build tools for automating repetitive tasks so that bandwidth can be freed for analytics
- Collaborate with program managers and business analysts to help them come up with actionable, high-impact insights across product lines and functions
- Work closely with top management to prioritize information and analytic needs
- Bachelors or Masters (Pursuing or Graduated) in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, or Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science), preferably with work experience of over [X] years.
- Ability to program in any high-level language is required. Familiarity with R and statistical packages are preferred.
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills.
- Familiar with database technologies and tools (SQL/R/SAS/JMP etc.), data warehousing, transformation, and processing. Work experience with real data for customer insights, business, and market analysis will be advantageous.
- Experience with text analytics, data mining and social media analytics.
- Statistical knowledge in standard techniques: Logistic Regression, Classification models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Random Forests, Ensembles, etc.