39+ R Programming Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru) | R Programming Job openings in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Apply to 39+ R Programming Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru) on CutShort.io. Explore the latest R Programming Job opportunities across top companies like Google, Amazon & Adobe.
Kloud9 exists with the sole purpose of providing cloud expertise to the retail industry. Our team of cloud architects, engineers and developers help retailers launch a successful cloud initiative so you can quickly realise the benefits of cloud technology. Our standardised, proven cloud adoption methodologies reduce the cloud adoption time and effort so you can directly benefit from lower migration costs.
Kloud9 was founded with the vision of bridging the gap between E-commerce and cloud. The E-commerce of any industry is limiting and poses a huge challenge in terms of the finances spent on physical data structures.
At Kloud9, we know migrating to the cloud is the single most significant technology shift your company faces today. We are your trusted advisors in transformation and are determined to build a deep partnership along the way. Our cloud and retail experts will ease your transition to the cloud.
Our sole focus is to provide cloud expertise to retail industry giving our clients the empowerment that will take their business to the next level. Our team of proficient architects, engineers and developers have been designing, building and implementing solutions for retailers for an average of more than 20 years.
We are a cloud vendor that is both platform and technology independent. Our vendor independence not just provides us with a unique perspective into the cloud market but also ensures that we deliver the cloud solutions available that best meet our clients' requirements.
● Studying, transforming, and converting data science prototypes
● Deploying models to production
● Training and retraining models as needed
● Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their respective scores
● Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
● Identifying differences in data distribution that could affect model performance in real-world situations
● Performing statistical analysis and using results to improve models
● Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed
● Defining data augmentation pipelines
● Defining the pre-processing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset
● To extend and enrich existing ML frameworks and libraries
● Understanding when the findings can be applied to business decisions
● Documenting machine learning processes
● 4+ years of IT experience in which at least 2+ years of relevant experience primarily in converting data science prototypes and deploying models to production
● Proficiency with Python and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn and pandas
● Knowledge of Big Data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flume, etc
● Experience in working with ML frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV
● Strong written and verbal communications
● Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
● Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
● Familiarity with Linux
● Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency
● Robust data modelling and data architecture skills.
● Advanced degree in Computer Science/Math/Statistics or a related discipline.
● Advanced Math and Statistics skills (linear algebra, calculus, Bayesian statistics, mean, median, variance, etc.)
Nice to have
● Familiarity with Java, and R code writing.
● Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
● Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
● Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed
● Finding available datasets online that could be used for training
Why Explore a Career at Kloud9:
With job opportunities in prime locations of US, London, Poland and Bengaluru, we help build your career paths in cutting edge technologies of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science. Be part of an inclusive and diverse workforce that's changing the face of retail technology with their creativity and innovative solutions. Our vested interest in our employees translates to deliver the best products and solutions to our customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Engage with executive level stakeholders from client's team to translate business problems to high level solution approach
- Partner closely with practice, and technical teams to craft well-structured comprehensive proposals/ RFP responses clearly highlighting Tredence’s competitive strengths relevant to Client's selection criteria
- Actively explore the client’s business and formulate solution ideas that can improve process efficiency and cut cost, or achieve growth/revenue/profitability targets faster
- Work hands-on across various MLOps problems and provide thought leadership
- Grow and manage large teams with diverse skillsets
- Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of experienced Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists
- BE/BTech/MTech (Specialization/courses in ML/DS)
- At-least 7+ years of Consulting services delivery experience
- Very strong problem-solving skills & work ethics
- Possesses strong analytical/logical thinking, storyboarding and executive communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in Python/R, SQL
- 5+ years of experience in NLP algorithms, Regression & Classification Modelling, Time Series Forecasting
- Hands on work experience in DevOps
- Should have good knowledge in different deployment type like PaaS, SaaS, IaaS
- Exposure on cloud technologies like Azure, AWS or GCP
- Knowledge in python and packages for data analysis (scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas, matplotlib).
- Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks: Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc
- Experience with one or more Container-ecosystem (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in building orchestration pipeline to convert plain python models into a deployable API/RESTful endpoint.
- Good understanding of OOP & Data Structures concepts
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to deployment strategies like: Blue/Green, Canary, AB Testing, Multi-arm Bandit
- Experience in Helm is a plus
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure, data warehouse, or data engineering
You can expect to –
- Work with world’ biggest retailers and help them solve some of their most critical problems. Tredence is a preferred analytics vendor for some of the largest Retailers across the globe
- Create multi-million Dollar business opportunities by leveraging impact mindset, cutting edge solutions and industry best practices.
- Work in a diverse environment that keeps evolving
- Hone your entrepreneurial skills as you contribute to growth of the organization
Desired Skills & Mindset:
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated both a strong business sense and deep understanding of the quantitative foundations of modelling.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
• Statistical programming software experience in SPSS and comfortable working with large data sets.
• R, Python, SAS & SQL are preferred but not a mandate
• Excellent time management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills; understanding of both written and spoken English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
• Creative and action-oriented mindset
• Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly, and methodologies are regularly challenged
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate degree in: Statistics/Economics/Econometrics/Computer
Science/Engineering/Mathematics/MBA (with a strong quantitative background) or
• Strong track record work experience in the field of business intelligence, market
research, and/or Advanced Analytics
• Knowledge of data collection methods (focus groups, surveys, etc.)
• Knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R, Python, or similar), databases,
and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Industry experience in Consumer Experience/Healthcare a plus
Work closely with Product Managers to drive product improvements through data driven decisions.
Conduct analysis to determine new project pilot settings, new features, user behaviour, and in-app behaviour.
Present insights and recommendations to leadership using high quality visualizations and concise messaging.
Own the implementation of data collection and tracking, and co-ordinate with engineering and product team.
Create and maintain dashboards for product and business teams.
1+ years’ experience in analytics. Experience as Product analyst will be added advantage.
Technical skills: SQL, Advanced Excel
Good to have: R/Python, Dashboarding experience
Ability to translate structured and unstructured problems into analytical framework
Excellent analytical skills
Good communication & interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, learn on the job and get things done.
The company is World's No1 Global management consulting firm.
Graduate or post graduate degree in statistics, economics, econometrics, computer science,
engineering, or mathematics
2-5 years of relevant experience
Adept in forecasting, regression analysis and segmentation work
Understanding of modeling techniques, specifically logistic regression, linear regression, cluster
analysis, CHAID, etc.
Statistical programming software experience in R & Python, comfortable working with large data
sets; SAS & SQL are also preferred
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify
root causes and recommend solutions
Excellent time management skills
Good written and verbal communication skills; understanding of both written and spoken English
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
Creative and action-oriented mindset
Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve
constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Do you have a passion for computer vision and deep learning problems? We are looking for someone who thrives on collaboration and wants to push the boundaries of what is possible today! Material Depot (materialdepot.in) is on a mission to be India’s largest tech company in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction space by democratizing the construction ecosystem and bringing stakeholders onto a common digital platform. Our engineering team is responsible for developing Computer Vision and Machine Learning tools to enable digitization across the construction ecosystem. The founding team includes people from top management consulting firms and top colleges in India (like BCG, IITB), and have worked extensively in the construction space globally and is funded by top Indian VCs.
Our team empowers Architectural and Design Businesses to effectively manage their day to day operations. We are seeking an experienced, talented Data Scientist to join our team. You’ll be bringing your talents and expertise to continue building and evolving our highly available and distributed platform.
Our solutions need complex problem solving in computer vision that require robust, efficient, well tested, and clean solutions. The ideal candidate will possess the self-motivation, curiosity, and initiative to achieve those goals. Analogously, the candidate is a lifelong learner who passionately seeks to improve themselves and the quality of their work. You will work together with similar minds in a unique team where your skills and expertise can be used to influence future user experiences that will be used by millions.
In this role, you will:
- Extensive knowledge in machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Solid background in image processing/computer vision
- Experience in building datasets for computer vision tasks
- Experience working with and creating data structures / architectures
- Proficiency in at least one major machine learning framework
- Experience visualizing data to stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and debug complex algorithms
- Good understanding and applied experience in classic 2D image processing and segmentation
- Robust semantic object detection under different lighting conditions
- Segmentation of non-rigid contours in challenging/low contrast scenarios
- Sub-pixel accurate refinement of contours and features
- Experience in image quality assessment
- Experience with in depth failure analysis of algorithms
- Highly skilled in at least one scripting language such as Python or Matlab and solid experience in C++
- Creativity and curiosity for solving highly complex problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mentor and support other technical team members in the organization
- Create, improve, and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and with carefully calculated debt
- Work closely with product managers, customer support representatives, and account executives to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
How you will do this:
- You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- You prioritize your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail, and learn continuously.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way, you bring your experience and expertise with you and help the team make the best decisions.
For this role, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the functional programming paradigm.
- Experience conducting code reviews, providing feedback to other engineers.
- Great communication skills and a proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
2. Preferably should have done some project or internship related to the field
3. Knowledge of SQL is a plus
4. A deep desire to learn new things and be a part of a vibrant start-up.
5. You will have a lot of freehand and this comes with immense responsibility - so it
is expected that you will be willing to master new things that come along!
1. Design and build a pipeline to train models for NLP problems like Classification,
2. Develop APIs that showcase our models' capabilities and enable third-party
3. Work across a microservices architecture that processes thousands of
documents per day.
- Banking Domain
- Assist the team in building Machine learning/AI/Analytics models on open-source stack using Python and the Azure cloud stack.
- Be part of the internal data science team at fragma data - that provides data science consultation to large organizations such as Banks, e-commerce Cos, Social Media companies etc on their scalable AI/ML needs on the cloud and help build POCs, and develop Production ready solutions.
- Candidates will be provided with opportunities for training and professional certifications on the job in these areas - Azure Machine learning services, Microsoft Customer Insights, Spark, Chatbots, DataBricks, NoSQL databases etc.
- Assist the team in conducting AI demos, talks, and workshops occasionally to large audiences of senior stakeholders in the industry.
- Work on large enterprise scale projects end-to-end, involving domain specific projects across banking, finance, ecommerce, social media etc.
- Keen interest to learn new technologies and latest developments and apply them to projects assigned.
- Professional Hands-on coding experience in python for over 1 year for Data scientist, and over 3 years for Sr Data Scientist.
- This is primarily a programming/development-
oriented role - hence strong programming skills in writing object-oriented and modular code in python and experience of pushing projects to production is important.
- Strong foundational knowledge and professional experience in
- Machine learning, (Compulsory)
- Deep Learning (Compulsory)
- Strong knowledge of At least One of : Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision or Speech Processing or Business Analytics
- Understanding of Database technologies and SQL. (Compulsory)
- Knowledge of the following Frameworks:
- Scikit-learn (Compulsory)
- Keras/tensorflow/pytorch (At least one of these is Compulsory)
- API development in python for ML models (good to have)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role, as this is a role with high external visibility, and with multiple opportunities to present data science results to a large external audience that will include external VPs, Directors, CXOs etc.
- Hence communication skills will be a key consideration in the selection process.
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks their phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What you will be doing?
Glance is looking for a Data Scientist who will design and develop processes and systems to analyze high volume, diverse "big data" sources using advanced mathematical, statistical, querying, and reporting methods. Will use machine learning techniques and statistical analysis to predict outcomes and behaviors. Interacts with business partners to identify questions for data analysis and experiments. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and or prepares output from analysis and experiments to business partners.
You will be working with Product leadership, taking high-level objectives and developing solutions that fulfil these requirements. Stakeholder management across Eng, Product and Business teams will be required.
- Five+ years experience working in a Data Science role
- Extensive experience developing and deploying ML models in real world environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other analytical fields
- Exceptional familiarity with Python, Java, Spark or other open-source software with data science libraries
- Experience in advanced math and statistics
- Excellent familiarity with command line linux environment
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience deploying machine learning models and measuring their impact
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience developing recommendation systems
- Experience developing and deploying deep learning models
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree or PhD that included coursework in statistics, machine learning or data analysis
- Five+ years experience working with Hadoop, a NoSQL Database or other big data infrastructure
- Experience with being actively engaged in data science or other research-oriented position
- You would be comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Active personal GitHub account.
1. Expert in deep learning and machine learning techniques,
2. Extremely Good in image/video processing,
3. Have a Good understanding of Linear algebra, Optimization techniques, Statistics and pattern recognition.
Then u r the right fit for this position.
Senior Data Scientist-Job Description
The Senior Data Scientist role is a creative problem solver who utilizes statistical/mathematical principles and modelling skills to uncover new insights that will significantly and meaningfully impact business decisions and actions. She/he applies their data science expertise in identifying, defining, and executing state-of-art techniques for academic opportunities and business objectives in collaboration with other Analytics team members. The Senior Data Scientist will execute analyses & outputs spanning test design and measurement, predictive analytics, multivariate analysis, data/text mining, pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Perform the full range of data science activities including test design and measurement, predictive/advanced analytics, and data mining, and analytic dashboards.
- Extract, manipulate, analyse & interpret data from various corporate data sources developing advanced analytic solutions, deriving key observations, findings, insights, and formulating actionable recommendations.
- Generate clearly understood and intuitive data science / advanced analytics outputs.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations on business process improvement, analytic solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in best practice sharing and communication platform for advancement of the data science discipline.
- Coach and collaborate with other data scientists and data analysts.
- Present impact, insights, outcomes & recommendations to key business partners and stakeholders.
- Comply with established Service Level Agreements to ensure timely, high quality deliverables with value-add recommendations, clearly articulated key findings and observations.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.A./M.S.) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Physics, or similar degree
- 5+ years of experience in data science in a digitally advanced industry focusing on strategic initiatives, marketing and/or operations.
- Advanced knowledge of best-in-class analytic software tools and languages: Python, SQL, R, SAS, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Expertise in statistical methods, statistical analysis, data visualization, and data mining techniques.
- Experience in Test design, Design of Experiments, A/B Testing, Measurement Science Strong influencing skills to drive a robust testing agenda and data driven decision making for process improvements
- Strong Critical thinking skills to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyse data to solve problems.
- Experience in partnering with IT, marketing operations & business operations to deploy predictive analytic solutions.
- Ability to translate/communicate complex analytical/statistical/mathematical concepts with non-technical audience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills.
CommerceIQ is Hiring Data Scientist (3-5 yrs)
At CommerceIQ, we are building the world’s most sophisticated E-commerce Channel Optimization software to help brands leverage Machine Learning, Analytics and Automation to grow their E-commerce business on all channels, globally.
Using CommerceIQ as a single source of truth, customers have driven 40% increase in incremental sales, 20% improvement in profitability and 32% reduction in out of stock rates on Amazon.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work closely with Engineering/Product/Operations teams to build state-of-the-art ML based solutions for B2B SaaS products. This entails not only leveraging advanced techniques for predictions, time-series forecasting, topic modelling, optimisation but deep understanding of business and product too.
- Apply excellent problem solving skills to deconstruct and formulate solutions from first-principles
- Work on data science roadmap and build the core engine of our flagship CommerceIQ product
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design product strategy, identify key metrics to drive and support with proof of concept
- Perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions and develop robust, sustainable and scalable production systems
- Work with large scale ecommerce data of the biggest brands on amazon
- Apply out-of-the-box, advanced algorithms to complex problems in real-time systems
- Drive productization of techniques to be made available to a wide range of customers
- You would be working with and mentoring fellow team members on the owned charter
What we are looking for -
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or Maths/Stats from a reputed college with 4+ years of experience in solving data science problems that have driven value to customers
- Good depth and breadth in machine learning (theory and practice), optimization methods, data mining, statistics and linear algebra. Experience in NLP would be an advantage
- Hands-on programming skills and ability to write modular and scalable code in Python/R. Knowledge of SQL is required
- Familiarity with distributed computing architecture like Spark, Map-Reduce paradigm and Hadoop will be an added advantage
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, able to explain complex ideas in a simple, intuitive manner, write/maintain good technical documentation on projects
- Experience with building ML data products in an engineering organization interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact
- We are looking for candidates who are curious and self-starters; obsess over customer problems to deliver maximum value to them.
- Data scientist, Machine Learning, data science, data analyst
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Scientist: 3 years (Required)
- Looking for product based industry experience from tier 1 /tier 2 colleges (NIT ,BIT, IIT,IIIT, BITS, Strong Profiles)
- Modeling complex problems, discovering insights, and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques
- Experience working with business understanding the requirement, creating the problem statement, and building scalable and dependable Analytical solutions
- Must have hands-on and strong experience in Python
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in NLP and machine learning
- Strong analytical & algorithm development skills
- Deep knowledge of techniques such as Linear Regression, gradient descent, Logistic Regression, Forecasting, Cluster analysis, Decision trees, Linear Optimization, Text Mining, etc
- Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills
- Sound theoretical knowledge in ML algorithm and their application
- Hands-on experience in statistical modeling tools such as R, Python, and SQL
- Hands-on experience in Machine learning/data science
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Experience in advanced analytics / Statistical techniques – Regression, Decision trees, Ensemble machine learning algorithms, etc
- Experience in Natural Language Processing & Deep Learning techniques
- Pandas, NLTK, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, Tensorflow
- Conducting advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Performing data exploration, cleaning, preparation and feature engineering; in addition to executing tasks such as building a POC, validation/ AB testing
- Collaborating with data engineers & architects to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Communicating results to diverse audiences with effective writing and visualizations
- Identifying and executing on high impact projects, triage external requests, and ensure timely completion for the results to be useful
- Providing thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
What you need to have:
- 2-4 year experience in machine learning algorithms, predictive analytics, demand forecasting in real-world projects
- Strong statistical background in descriptive and inferential statistics, regression, forecasting techniques.
- Strong Programming background in Python (including packages like Tensorflow), R, D3.js , Tableau, Spark, SQL, MongoDB.
- Preferred exposure to Optimization & Meta-heuristic algorithm and related applications
- Background in a highly quantitative field like Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics,Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or similar fields.
- Should have 2-4 years of experience in Data Science algorithm design and implementation, data analysis in different applied problems.
- DS Mandatory skills : Python, R, SQL, Deep learning, predictive analysis, applied statistics
- Design and develop strong analytics system and predictive models
- Managing a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and big data specialists
- Identify valuable data sources and automate data collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a seasoned Data Scientist
- Good Experience in data mining processes
- Understanding of machine learning and Knowledge of operations research is a value addition
- Strong understanding and experience in R, SQL, and Python; Knowledge base with Scala, Java, or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e. g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e. g. Hadoop)
- Strong math skills (e. g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Strong competitive coding skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Ganit has flipped the data science value chain as we do not start with a technique but for us, consumption comes first. With this philosophy, we have successfully scaled from being a small start-up to a 200 resource company with clients in the US, Singapore, Africa, UAE, and India.
We are looking for experienced data enthusiasts who can make the data talk to them.
- Understand business problems and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Conduct complex data analysis to ensure data quality & reliability i.e., make the data talk by extracting, preparing, and transforming it.
- Identify, develop and implement statistical techniques and algorithms to address business challenges and add value to the organization.
- Gather requirements and communicate findings in the form of a meaningful story with the stakeholders
- Build & implement data models using predictive modelling techniques. Interact with clients and provide support for queries and delivery adoption.
- Lead and mentor data analysts.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Apart from your love for data and ability to code even while sleeping you would need the following.
- Minimum of 02 years of experience in designing and delivery of data science solutions.
- You should have successful projects of retail/BFSI/FMCG/Manufacturing/QSR in your kitty to show-off.
- Deep understanding of various statistical techniques, mathematical models, and algorithms to start the conversation with the data in hand.
- Ability to choose the right model for the data and translate that into a code using R, Python, VBA, SQL, etc.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering/Technology or MBA from Tier-1 B School or MSc. in Statistics or Mathematics
- Predictive Modelling
- Prescriptive Modelling
- Descriptive Modelling
- Time Series
What is in it for you:
- Be a part of building the biggest brand in Data science.
- An opportunity to be a part of a young and energetic team with a strong pedigree.
- Work on awesome projects across industries and learn from the best in the industry, while growing at a hyper rate.
At Ganit, we are looking for people who love problem solving. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description above. Your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns over the years. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and are not afraid to challenge assumptions in a problem. Join us and punch above your weight!
Ganit is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination.
All recruitment, selection procedures and decisions will reflect Ganit’s commitment to providing equal opportunity. All potential candidates will be assessed according to their skills, knowledge, qualifications, and capabilities. No regard will be given to factors such as age, gender, marital status, race, religion, physical impairment, or political opinions.
culture and operating norms as a result of the fast-paced nature of a new, high-growth
• 7+ years of Industry experience primarily related to Unstructured Text Data and NLP
(PhD work and internships will be considered if they are related to unstructured text
in lieu of industry experience but not more than 2 years will be accounted towards
• Develop Natural Language Medical/Healthcare documents comprehension related
products to support Health business objectives, products and improve
processing efficiency, reducing overall healthcare costs
• Gather external data sets; build synthetic data and label data sets as per the needs
• Apply expert software engineering skills to build Natural Language products to
improve automation and improve user experiences leveraging unstructured data storage, Entity Recognition, POS Tagging, ontologies, taxonomies, data mining,
information retrieval techniques, machine learning approach, distributed and cloud
• Own the Natural Language and Text Mining products — from platforms to systems
for model training, versioning, deploying, storage and testing models with creating
real time feedback loops to fully automated services
• Work closely and collaborate with Data Scientists, Machine Learning engineers, IT
teams and Business stakeholders spread out across various locations in US and India
to achieve business goals
• Provide mentoring to other Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineers
• Strong understanding of mathematical concepts including but not limited to linear
algebra, Advanced calculus, partial differential equations and statistics including
• Strong programming experience including understanding of concepts in data
structures, algorithms, compression techniques, high performance computing,
distributed computing, and various computer architecture
• Good understanding and experience with traditional data science approaches like
sampling techniques, feature engineering, classification and regressions, SVM, trees,
• Additional course work, projects, research participation and/or publications in
Natural Language processing, reasoning and understanding, information retrieval,
text mining, search, computational linguistics, ontologies, semantics
• Experience with developing and deploying products in production with experience
in two or more of the following languages (Python, C++, Java, Scala)
• Strong Unix/Linux background and experience with at least one of the following
cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, and Google for 2+ years
• Hands on experience with one or more of high-performance computing and
distributed computing like Spark, Dask, Hadoop, CUDA distributed GPU (2+ years)
• Thorough understanding of deep learning architectures and hands on experience
with one or more frameworks like tensorflow, pytorch, keras (2+ years)
• Hands on experience with libraries and tools like Spacy, NLTK, Stanford core NLP,
Genism, johnsnowlabs for 5+ years
• Understanding business use cases and be able to translate them to team with a
vision on how to implement
• Identify enhancements and build best practices that can help to improve the
productivity of the team.
- Adept at Machine learning techniques and algorithms.
Feature selection, dimensionality reduction, building and
- optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results
- Proficiency in using query languages such as N1QL, SQL
Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot,
- Plotly, PyPlot, etc.
Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking
- of its performance
- Strong in Python is a must.
- Strong in Data Analysis and mining is a must
- Deep Learning, Neural Network, CNN, Image Processing (Must)
Building analytic systems - data collection, cleansing and
Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase, MongoDB,
Position: Data Scientist
Long Term Contract position
Remote Till Covid
Experience in applied data science, analytics, data storytelling.
- Write well documented code that can be shared and used across teams, and can scale to be used in existing products. SQL, Advanced Python or R (descriptive / predictive models), Tableau Visualization. Working knowledge of Hadoop, BigQuery, Presto, Vertica
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights about customer service, health of public conversation and social media
- Inform, influence, support, and execute analysis that feeds into one of our many analytics domains - Customer analytics, product analytics, business operation analytics, cost analytics, media analytics, people analytics
- Select and deselect analytics priorities, insights and data based on ability to drive our desired outcomes
- Own the end to end process, from initiation to deployment, and through ongoing communication and collaboration, sharing of results to partners and leadership
- Mentor and create sense of community and learning environments for our global team of data analysts
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and to effectively collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of agile framework and processes.
- You should be comfortable managing work plans, timelines and milestones
- You have a sense of urgency, move quickly and ship things
- You're experienced in metrics and experiment-driven development
- Experience in statistical methodology (multivariate, time-series, experimental design, data mining, etc.)
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent fields with strong mathematical background
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, including clustering, anomaly detection, optimization, neural network etc
- 3+ years experiences building data science-driven solutions including data collection, feature selection, model training, post-deployment validation
- Strong hands-on coding skills (preferably in Python) processing large-scale data set and developing machine learning models
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools such as Numpy, ScikitLearn, MLlib, Tensorflow
- Good team worker with excellent communication skills written, verbal and presentation
- Experience with AWS, S3, Flink, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search
- Knowledge and experience with NLP technology
- Previous work in a start-up environment
Job DescriptionWe are looking for applicants who have a demonstrated research background in machine learning, a passion for independent research and technical problem-solving, and a proven ability to develop and implement ideas from research. The candidate will collaborate with researchers and engineers of multiple disciplines within Ideapoke, in particular with researchers in data collection and development teams to develop advanced data analytics solutions. Work with massive amounts of data collected from various sources.
-4 to 5 years of academic or professional experience in Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing/Text mining or related field.
-Technical ability and hands on expertise in Python, R, XML parsing, Big Data, NoSQL and SQL
Ganit Inc. is the fastest growing Data Science & AI company in Chennai.
Founded in 2017, by 3 industry experts who are alumnus of IITs/SPJIMR with each of them having 17+ years of experience in the field of analytics.
We are in the business of maximising Decision Making Power (DMP) for companies by providing solutions at the intersection of hypothesis based analytics, discovery based AI and IoT. Our solutions are a combination of customised services and functional product suite.
We primarily operate as a US-based start-up and have clients across US, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and have offices in USA - New Jersey & India - Chennai.
Started with 3 people, the company is fast growing with 100+ employees
1. What do we expect from you
- Should posses minimum 2 years of experience of data analytics model development and deployment
- Skills relating to core Statistics & Mathematics.
- Huge interest in handling numbers
- Ability to understand all domains in businesses across various sectors
- Natural passion towards numbers, business, coding, visualisation
2. Necessary skill set:
- Proficient in R/Python, Advanced Excel, SQL
- Should have worked with Retail/FMCG/CPG projects solving analytical problems in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain functions
- Very good understanding of algorithms, mathematical models, statistical techniques, data mining, like Regression models, Clustering/ Segmentation, time series forecasting, Decision trees/Random forest, etc.
- Ability to choose the right model for the right data and translate that into code in R, Python, VBA (Proven capabilities)
- Should have handled large datasets and with through understanding of SQL
- Ability to handle a team of Data Analysts
3. Good to have skill set:
- Microsoft PowerBI / Tableau / Qlik View / Spotfire
4. Job Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Data extraction, preparation and transformation
- Identify, develop and implement statistical techniques and algorithms that address business challenges and adds value to the organisation
- Create and implement data models
- Interact with clients for queries and delivery adoption
5. Screening Methodology
- Problem Solving round (Telephonic Conversation)
- Technical discussion round (Telephonic Conversation)
- Final fitment discussion (Video Round
What you will do:
- Identifying alternate data sources beyond financial statements and implementing them as a part of assessment criteria
- Automating appraisal mechanisms for all newly launched products and revisiting the same for an existing product
- Back-testing investment appraisal models at regular intervals to improve the same
- Complementing appraisals with portfolio data analysis and portfolio monitoring at regular intervals
- Working closely with the business and the technology team to ensure the portfolio is performing as per internal benchmarks and that relevant checks are put in place at various stages of the investment lifecycle
- Identifying relevant sub-sector criteria to score and rate investment opportunities internally
Desired Candidate Profile
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience of at least 3 years with CA/MBA (mandatory)
- Experience in working in lending/investing fintech (mandatory)
- Strong Excel skills (mandatory)
- Previous experience in credit rating or credit scoring or investment analysis (preferred)
- Prior exposure to working on data-led models on payment gateways or accounting systems (preferred)
- Proficiency in data analysis (preferred)
- Good verbal and written skills
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-
after startups in India
upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India
We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India
Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Are you excited by the challenge and the opportunity of applying data-science and data- analytics techniques to the fast developing education technology domain? Do you look forward to, the sense of ownership and achievement that comes with innovating and creating data products from scratch and pushing it live into Production systems? Do you want to work with a team of highly motivated members who are on a mission to empower individuals through education?
If this is you, come join us and become a part of the upGrad technology team. At upGrad the technology team enables all the facets of the business - whether it’s bringing efficiency to ourmarketing and sales initiatives, to enhancing our student learning experience, to empowering our content, delivery and student success teams, to aiding our student’s for their desired careeroutcomes. We play the part of bringing together data & tech to solve these business problems and opportunities at hand.
We are looking for an highly skilled, experienced and passionate data-scientist who can come on-board and help create the next generation of data-powered education tech product. The ideal candidate would be someone who has worked in a Data Science role before wherein he/she is comfortable working with unknowns, evaluating the data and the feasibility of applying scientific techniques to business problems and products, and have a track record of developing and deploying data-science models into live applications. Someone with a strong math, stats, data-science background, comfortable handling data (structured+unstructured) as well as strong engineering know-how to implement/support such data products in Production environment.
Ours is a highly iterative and fast-paced environment, hence being flexible, communicating well and attention-to-detail are very important too. The ideal candidate should be passionate about the customer impact and comfortable working with multiple stakeholders across the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, data science, machine learning or comparable role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science/Data Analytics, Math/Statistics or related discipline
- Experience in building and deploying Machine Learning models in Production systems
- Strong analytical skills: ability to make sense out of a variety of data and its relation/applicability to the business problem or opportunity at hand
- Strong programming skills: comfortable with Python - pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib; Databases - SQL and noSQL
- Strong communication skills: ability to both formulate/understand the business problem at hand as well as ability to discuss with non data-science background stakeholders
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
Experience in Text Analytics, Natural Language Processing
Advanced degree in Data Science/Data Analytics or Math/Statistics
Comfortable with data-visualization tools and techniques
Knowledge of AWS and Data Warehousing
Passion for building data-products for Production systems - a strong desire to impact
the product through data-science technique
Tiger Analytics is a global AI & analytics consulting firm. With data and technology at the core of our solutions, we are solving some of the toughest problems out there. Our culture is modeled around expertise and mutual respect with a team first mindset. Working at Tiger, you’ll be at the heart of this AI revolution. You’ll work with teams that push the boundaries of what-is-possible and build solutions that energize and inspire.
We are headquartered in the Silicon Valley and have our delivery centres across the globe. The below role is for our Chennai or Bangalore office, or you can choose to work remotely.
About the Role:
As an Associate Director - Data Science at Tiger Analytics, you will lead data science aspects of endto-end client AI & analytics programs. Your role will be a combination of hands-on contribution, technical team management, and client interaction.
• Work closely with internal teams and client stakeholders to design analytical approaches to
solve business problems
• Develop and enhance a broad range of cutting-edge data analytics and machine learning
problems across a variety of industries.
• Work on various aspects of the ML ecosystem – model building, ML pipelines, logging &
versioning, documentation, scaling, deployment, monitoring and maintenance etc.
• Lead a team of data scientists and engineers to embed AI and analytics into the client
business decision processes.
• High level of proficiency in a structured programming language, e.g. Python, R.
• Experience designing data science solutions to business problems
• Deep understanding of ML algorithms for common use cases in both structured and
unstructured data ecosystems.
• Comfortable with large scale data processing and distributed computing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 10+ years exp of which 8 years of relevant data science experience including hands-on
Designation will be commensurate with expertise/experience. Compensation packages among the best in the industry.
- B.Tech/MTech from tier 1 institution
- 8+years of experience in machine learning techniques like logistic regression, random forest, boosting, trees, neural networks, etc.
- Showcased experience with Python, SQL and proficiency in Scikit Learn, Pandas, NumPy, Keras and TensorFlow/pytorch
- Experience of working with Qlik sense or Tableau is a plus
1) Understand the business objectives, formulate hypotheses and collect the relevant data using SQL/R/Python. Analyse bureau, customer and lending performance data on a periodic basis to generate insights. Present complex information and data in an uncomplicated, easyto-understand way to drive action.
2) Independently Build and refit robust models for achieving game-changing growth while managing risk.
3) Identify and implement new analytical/modelling techniques to improve model performance across customer lifecycle (acquisitions, management, fraud, collections, etc.
4) Help define the data infrastructure strategy for Indian subsidiary.
a. Monitor data quality and quantity.
b. Define a strategy for acquisition, storage, retention, and retrieval of data elements. e.g.: Identify new data types and collaborate with technology teams to capture them.
c. Build a culture of strong automation and monitoring
d. Staying connected to the Analytics industry trends - data, techniques, technology, etc. and leveraging them to continuously evolve data science standards at Credit Saison.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
1) 3+ years working in data science domains with experience in building risk models. Fintech/Financial analysis experience is required.
2) Expert level proficiency in Analytical tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R/SAS, VBA etc.
3) Experience with building models using common modelling techniques (Logistic and linear regressions, decision trees, etc.)
4) Strong familiarity with Tableau//Power BI/Qlik Sense or other data visualization tools
5) Tier 1 college graduate (IIT/IIM/NIT/BITs preferred).
6) Demonstrated autonomy, thought leadership, and learning agility.
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as SVM, Decision Forests, k-NN, Naive Bayes etc.
• Experience in selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Prior experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc..
• Good knowledge on statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc..
• Adequate presentation and communication skills to explain results and methodologies to non-technical stakeholders.
• Basic understanding of the banking industry is value add
Develop, process, cleanse and enhance data collection procedures from multiple data sources.
• Conduct & deliver experiments and proof of concepts to validate business ideas and potential value.
• Test, troubleshoot and enhance the developed models in a distributed environments to improve it's accuracy.
• Work closely with product teams to implement algorithms with Python and/or R.
• Design and implement scalable predictive models, classifiers leveraging machine learning, data regression.
• Facilitate integration with enterprise applications using APIs to enrich implementations
The person holding this position is responsible for leading the solution development and implementing advanced analytical approaches across a variety of industries in the supply chain domain.
At this position you act as an interface between the delivery team and the supply chain team, effectively understanding the client business and supply chain.
Candidates will be expected to lead projects across several areas such as
- Demand forecasting
- Inventory management
- Simulation & Mathematical optimization models.
- Procurement analytics
- Distribution/Logistics planning
- Network planning and optimization
Qualification and Experience
- 4+ years of analytics experience in supply chain – preferable industries hi-tech, consumer technology, CPG, automobile, retail or e-commerce supply chain.
- Master in Statistics/Economics or MBA or M. Sc./M. Tech with Operations Research/Industrial Engineering/Supply Chain
- Hands-on experience in delivery of projects using statistical modelling
Skills / Knowledge
- Hands on experience in statistical modelling software such as R/ Python and SQL.
- Experience in advanced analytics / Statistical techniques – Regression, Decision tress, Ensemble machine learning algorithms etc. will be considered as an added advantage.
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.
- APICS-CSCP or PMP certification will be added advantage
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management
- Working knowledge on the linear/nonlinear optimization
- Ability to structure problems through a data driven decision-making process.
- Excellent project management skills, including time and risk management and project structuring.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to business issues through data analysis.
- Ability to liaison effectively with multiple stakeholders and functional disciplines.
- Experience in Optimization tools like Cplex, ILOG, GAMS will be an added advantage.
About Kiwi India Pvt .Ltd.
Kiwi is a mobile entertainment company backed by top tier investors. We're focused on building the next generation of mobile entertainment platforms and applications incorporating rich media content and AI. Located in Bangalore, Karnataka, and Santa Monica, California, the company has previously built hit mobile titles on both Android and iOS, with top grossing games on the Android platform.
Joyride is a live game show app, with a growing lineup of interactive and diverse shows. Players can team up with their friends to compete against the community and split real cash prizes, and even host their own shows!
On Joyride, you'll get to:
- Play in live shows for real money and bragging rights!
- Create your show and play on-camera for your followers
- Play as a team with friends
- Interact with the community in text chat to find new friends
- Join video chats with friends to keep playing when the show's over
We have the following games live:
- Quizzo: Live trivia game. Careful - if you get one wrong, you’re out!
- Trivia Crush: It’s all about speed! Answer the trivia questions as fast as possible to make the cut.
- Music Mania: This song sound familiar? Guess the song title to stay in the game!
- Film Frenzy: Know this movie? Guess the film title to stay in the game!
- Sold!: Guess the auction price for an array of weird and wonderful items!
- Superfans: Are you the expert on Harry Potter? DC Comics? Then this show is for you - all themed trivia, all the time.
- Swipe: See how well you know our guests as you swipe through potential dates!
- The Crush: Help our guest choose between two potential dates as they get to know each other on camera
- Drawzzle: Watch the Host draw clues, and guess the word to stay in the game
….And many more shows coming soon.
Get a glimpse of Joyride (Channels where we stream our game shows):
- Track key metrics including retention, monetization, virality and general engagement. Provide various product and user insights to optimize the metrics and drive key business decisions
- Research into market data as well as user demographics to make well-informed decisions on future business strategies, product roadmap and production roadmap
- Bring expertise in your product areas and conduct rigorous A/B tests and data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Managing various real-time reports and help stakeholders translate reports and data into actionable insights. This includes:
- P&L, LTV, virality and user behaviour reports with Product Team
- App performance, programming bugs with Tech Team
- User Acquisition and cost reports with Marketing Team and more
- 7+ years of analytics experience in a consumer internet business with exceptional quantitative skills
- 2+ years of experience in product analytics
- Experience in analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in mobile or social games is a plus
- Experience in managing and leading teams is a plus
- Proficient in SQL, scripting (either of spreadsheets scripting/VBA/Java etc.)
- Experience in statistical analysis using a statistical programming language like R
- Detail-oriented and data driven mindset and aptitude for solving complex, unstructured problems involving multidimensional datasets
- Proven ability to work effectively with multifunctional teams
- Driven to succeed with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering/statistics or similar field from top tier colleges like IITs, IIITs is preferred
DataWeave provides Retailers and Brands with “Competitive Intelligence as a Service” that enables them to take key decisions that impact their revenue. Powered by AI, we provide easily consumable and actionable competitive intelligence by aggregating and analyzing billions of publicly available data points on the Web to help businesses develop data-driven strategies and make smarter decisions.
We the Data Science team at DataWeave (called Semantics internally) build the core machine learning backend and structured domain knowledge needed to deliver insights through our data products. Our underpinnings are: innovation, business awareness, long term thinking, and pushing the envelope. We are a fast paced labs within the org applying the latest research in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning to hard problems in different domains.
How we work?
It's hard to tell what we love more, problems or solutions! Every day, we choose to address some of the hardest data problems that there are. We are in the business of making sense of messy public data on the web. At serious scale!
What do we offer?
● Some of the most challenging research problems in NLP and Computer Vision. Huge text and image
datasets that you can play with!
● Ability to see the impact of your work and the value you're adding to our customers almost immediately.
● Opportunity to work on different problems and explore a wide variety of tools to figure out what really
● A culture of openness. Fun work environment. A flat hierarchy. Organization wide visibility. Flexible
● Learning opportunities with courses and tech conferences. Mentorship from seniors in the team.
● Last but not the least, competitive salary packages and fast paced growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is a strong software developer or a researcher with experience building and shipping production grade data science applications at scale. Such a candidate has keen interest in liaising with the business and product teams to understand a business problem, and translate that into a data science problem.
You are also expected to develop capabilities that open up new business productization opportunities.
We are looking for someone with a Master's degree and 1+ years of experience working on problems in NLP or Computer Vision.
If you have 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master's degree (PhD preferred), you will be considered for a senior role.
Key problem areas
● Preprocessing and feature extraction noisy and unstructured data -- both text as well as images.
● Keyphrase extraction, sequence labeling, entity relationship mining from texts in different domains.
● Document clustering, attribute tagging, data normalization, classification, summarization, sentiment
● Image based clustering and classification, segmentation, object detection, extracting text from images,
generative models, recommender systems.
● Ensemble approaches for all the above problems using multiple text and image based techniques.
Relevant set of skills
● Have a strong grasp of concepts in computer science, probability and statistics, linear algebra, calculus,
optimization, algorithms and complexity.
● Background in one or more of information retrieval, data mining, statistical techniques, natural language
processing, and computer vision.
● Excellent coding skills on multiple programming languages with experience building production grade
systems. Prior experience with Python is a bonus.
● Experience building and shipping machine learning models that solve real world engineering problems.
Prior experience with deep learning is a bonus.
● Experience building robust clustering and classification models on unstructured data (text, images, etc).
Experience working with Retail domain data is a bonus.
● Ability to process noisy and unstructured data to enrich it and extract meaningful relationships.
● Experience working with a variety of tools and libraries for machine learning and visualization, including
numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow.
● Use the command line like a pro. Be proficient in Git and other essential software development tools.
● Working knowledge of large-scale computational models such as MapReduce and Spark is a bonus.
● Be a self-starter—someone who thrives in fast paced environments with minimal ‘management’.
● It's a huge bonus if you have some personal projects (including open source contributions) that you work
on during your spare time. Show off some of your projects you have hosted on GitHub.
Role and responsibilities
● Understand the business problems we are solving. Build data science capability that align with our product strategy.
● Conduct research. Do experiments. Quickly build throw away prototypes to solve problems pertaining to the Retail domain.
● Build robust clustering and classification models in an iterative manner that can be used in production.
● Constantly think scale, think automation. Measure everything. Optimize proactively.
● Take end to end ownership of the projects you are working on. Work with minimal supervision.
● Help scale our delivery, customer success, and data quality teams with constant algorithmic improvements and automation.
● Take initiatives to build new capabilities. Develop business awareness. Explore productization opportunities.
● Be a tech thought leader. Add passion and vibrance to the team. Push the envelope. Be a mentor to junior members of the team.
● Stay on top of latest research in deep learning, NLP, Computer Vision, and other relevant areas.