If you have ever dreamed about being in the driver’s seat of a revolution, THIS is the place for you. Vedantu is an Ed-Tech startup which is into Live Online Tutoring. Recently raised Series B funding of $11M
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product, sales and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, building and implementing models and using/creating appropriate algorithms.
1. Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python,etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
2. Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
3. Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume,
high-dimensionality data from varying, heterogeneous sources
4. Experience with messy real-world data -- handling missing/incomplete/inaccurate
5. Understanding of a broad set of Algorithms and Applied Math.
6. Good at problem solving, probability and statistics and knowledge of advanced
statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions,
statistical tests and proper usage) and experience with applications.
7. Knowledge of data scraping is preferable
8. Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree
learning, artificial neural networks) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
9. Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce) a plus.