Wisestep (http://www.wisestep.com" target="_blank">www.wisestep.com) is on a mission to bring data driven decision making to the HR Tech space.
The Product Manager will play a major role in helping develop and build out our NEW Line of Products
As a Product Manager, you will be expected to work on three major dimensions
- Product Strategy and Innovation: - Own the product strategy and Roadmap. Work with Senior Leadership to understand business goals and translate them into short-term and long-term product roadmaps.- Comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision with a differentiated product positioning as well as a weekly status update.
- Work with Marketing to develop and nurture an initial set of prelaunch users
- You will be expected to Write Product Specs with a clear context and focus on usability, research, and market analysis to drive Customer Delight.
- Constantly innovate to keep the product ahead of the market with a feature stack that enables sales significantly
- Managing Developer Time: Work very closely with world-class Engineering, Data Sciences teams throughout the product development life cycle.- Define the product acceptance testing criteria, ensure that they are met. Allocating Developer time is the most important aspect of the job, along with prioritizing what's important to be done
- User Adaptation: Strong Attention to detail and flair for User design and usability experts to deliver habit-forming products with a low learning curve. Work and execute rapid adaptation of products in partnership with marketing and growth teams.
Desired Experience / Background:
- Prior experience In Development is preferred
- Prior experience in SaaS products
- 4+ years of strong experience in product management
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a high level of operational excellence.
- The acumen for mentoring and growing team members.
Timings- 11 am - 8 pm IST or 2 pm - 11 pm IST
- Improving the NPS of the partners.
- Working closely with the business, operations and sales teams to understand their inputs and pain points and conceptualizing and building solutions which will help them.
- Driving the engineering, QA, data and design teams in delivering and building world class products.
- Planning Sprints and working in an Agile environment to carry out not just your tasks but also the tasks of your team members.
- Understanding and measuring the success metrics directly inclined towards your vertical and align them as per the business needs.
- User research will be a key part of your job which will help you to take better and more informed decisions while you build the product, hence conducting and setting up efficient user research frameworks will also be an important responsibility.
- Finally, you will be analyzing the key metrics being tracked in the launched product and creating a plan to iterate and optimize the products for future sprints.
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Master's / Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science).
- 2+ years of handson experience in Product Management and proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- B2B experience specifically building products for E-commerce/ Logistics clients is a bonus.
- You should be able to communicate effectively with the Engineering, QA and Design teams in their language while being able to articulate the product requirements efficiently.
- You should have a First principle thinking approach in problem solving; the ability to build products from scratch and the vision to scale it.
- You should have empathy towards the customer and the ability to understand their problems.
- You should have an Agile mindset - With a strong bias for action and an iterative approach to product development and a focus on building well hypothesised products.
- You should be able to understand and analyze industry/ market/ competition and internal business strategy, and ensure your product stays relevant and ahead of the curve.
- On a daily basis, you should use data to drive decision making and be analytical in understanding the problem statements.
- A good knowledge in UI/ UX design.
- The ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and harner assertiveness and influence to rally people around building exceptional products.
- Prior experience in building products for the Blue collared workforce is a plus.
Collaborate with research, design, sales, marketing, and engineering to prioritize and deliver the most impactful solutions for our developer customers and their consumers
Plan and execute the short & medium-term strategy for our developer-focused products
Deliver positive business outcomes through best-in-class discovery and delivery
Learn from customer feedback, behavioral measurements, A/B tests, and other data sources to build better customer experiences
5+ years of crafting and delivering world-class digital products
a master communicator who can take people along on your journey
Proficient in data analysis and analysis tools eg. Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker
Strong understanding of the dynamics of a 2-sided marketplace and conversion optimization
Understand the greater implication of projects, their dependencies, and stakeholder tradeoffs
Bias-to-action, willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- Build the product strategy and roadmap in line with customers problems and company's vision
- Lead a set of cross functional teams by translation of the product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes to drive the product development goals
- Identify market opportunities with research and competitive analysis and integrate it into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Analyze complex use cases with experience in using analytics platforms to understand product usability and break them down to simplify user experience
- Design simple and intuitive user interfaces through wireframes and mock-ups
- Listen to the clients on an ongoing basis, be a trusted advisor and work towards aligning our offerings to their expectations
- Develop and launch new products while enhancing the existing products on a timely basis
- Communicate the product solutions and offerings effectively internally and externally
- Be persistent and professional in pursuit of all product deliverables and documentation such as PRD and Knowledge Base
- Be updated with the emerging trends in IT and technical architecture
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management, Statistics or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing web and mobile products with a background in technical product management or engineering
- 7+ years of experience in building global enterprise SaaS products
- Prior experience in logistics, supply chain, e-commerce or transportation domain is a plus
- Proven ability to drive large scale products with deep understanding of agile, high collaboration and leadership in a highly accelerated work environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills with a fair understanding of what makes a good user experience and beautiful design
- Spontaneous, quick thinker and a self-starter with key organizational skills that includes attention to detail and multi-tasking
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 7 years of experience as a Solutions Architect/Developer, designing and implementing global cloud-based solution architectures for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Experience with distributed computing, software development, big data analytics, cloud computing, virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud, storage systems or content delivery as well as security protocols.
- Experience developing the User Interface and User Experience for complex software solutions deployed globally
- Experience with all major programming languages and SaaS database technologies
- Experience in building and scaling up the development function and a proven ability to attract, inspire, motivate and retain top tier talent
- Experience working with large multi-national distributed teams
- Experience articulating complex topics to senior stakeholders in both business and IT teams effectively .
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Founded in 2016, MyGate is reimagining the outdated procedures at gated communities through use of technology. Its several innovative features augment security at the gate and enhance convenience within for over 600,000 homes in 10+ Indian cities.
Named one of India’s most innovative Company in 2018, MyGate was conceptualized, designed and executed by its three founders, who have tremendous experience in the Armed Forces, Technology and Operations. Founded by ISB/IIM/IIT alumni, MyGate has raised funding from institutional investors and is well capitalized for massive growth plans.
MyGate is at a stage where product market fit is established and have a strong leadership team in place and scale & distribution engine has kicked in. MyGate have had great people join and continue to look for more to join.
Here is what you should expect from MyGate:
1. The company to do well - this could mean multiple things but here are few that are likely to matter for you: MyGate as a brand to be popular and well known, our client base to grow month on month. Most importantly because we are in growth stage, we should not do stupid things and run out of money!
2. PPP - you would have a Platform for Personally and Professionally grow. This means opportunity to do challenging & stimulating work that puts you out of your comfort zone and forces you to learn every day. When you look back, you should feel your "stock price" growing in the market! Gold shines in fire. You will get the fire, are you the gold?
3. Recognition - Your growth in the company would be linked only to performance and not your past experience. If you do well, there should be recognition, growth in span of influence, reward and financial growth.
4. Good Manager - Each of you should have a good person to report to. Your manager should be facilitator of your success, someone you can look up to, someone that makes you feel excited to come to work and give your best every day!
5. Flat Culture - As we grow, we will no doubt have structure, hierarchy and processes in place. This should not mean slowing down of decision making and most certainly this does not mean hierarchy in communication. You should be able to reach out to anyone in the organization.
6. Client Focus - We will always be a client centric company. If we service the client right and continue to delight them, we will be in our path to build a great company.
7. Fair, Ethical and High on Integrity - These are foundations of the company. We will be always be ethical, high on integrity and fair to everyone whose life is being touched by MyGate.
What you’ll do
• Own product strategy, execution and go-to-market for one of MyGate’s mobile consumer products or product lines
• Understand motivations and behavior of one or more types of users and be obsessed with creating delightful product experiences for these users
• Drive user adoption, engagement and retention on products you own
• Work with key stakeholders across business and technology teams to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop product strategy
• Work closely with a cross-functional team of design, engineering, business development and operations counterparts to build and take your products to market
• Determine the metrics that determine business, product and operational success and track these metrics to improve and evolve your product
Skills and experience you should have
• 4 years of product management experience building and launching consumer products, with at least 2 years in mobile consumer products
• Deep user empathy layered with a strong understanding of business
• Be self-driven with a high degree of ownership and urgency
• Be customer focused, analytical and data-driven in your decision making. Use user research, A/B testing and continuous experiments to guide your product thinking
• Track record of strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Can build effective partnerships with business owners across business lines
• Thrive in an ambiguous environment with changing needs
Other great things to have
• Past technical background, with 2+ years in an engineering role
• Experience building products for vernacular, regional or “next 100 million” consumers