As a senior software engineer in Platform POD, you would be responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. You would be working with the Platform team to enable application developers to put software into the hands of users in an easier manner. You would be responsible for maintaining, developing and launching multi cloud infrastructure along with building microservices architecture and deploying using Kubernetes.
You are an eager to learn technology agnostic who loves working towards building a platform that supports a variety of interconnected products as opposed to somebody who wants to work on the product itself. You have excellent organisation and problem solving skills and are looking to build the tools of the future. You have exceptional communication skills and leadership skills and ability to make quick decisions.
We will depend on you for
- Work break-down and orchestrating the development of components for each sprint
- Identifying risk and forming contingency plans to mitigate them.
- Liaising with team members, management and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Inventing new approaches to detecting existing fraud. You will also stay ahead of the game by predicting future fraud techniques and building solutions to prevent them.
- Developing “Zero Defect Software” which is secured, instrumented and resilient
- Creating design artifacts before implementation
- Developing Test Cases before or in parallel with implementation
- Ensuring software developed passes static code analysis, performance and load test
- Developing various kinds of components (such as UI Components, APIs, Business Components, Image Processing, etc.) that define the IDfy Platforms which drive cutting edge Fraud Detection and Analytics
- Developing software using Agile Methodology and tools that support the same
Tech Stacks -
elixir, golang, docker, kubernetes, cloud technologies, security
- Strong understanding and knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP / AWS / Azure)
- Experience in dockerisation and containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of working with RDBMS
- Strong understanding of the network, firewall, gateway
Good to have
- Design skills in defining API Data Contracts / OOAD / Microservices / Data Models
- Experience in security domain / messaging platforms like RabbitMQ
- A passion to explore new technologies and express yourself through technical blogs
- Punctuality, discipline, and attention to detail
- Opinions and the confidence to express yourself
- Optimistic and a positive attitude towards problem solving
We are Tummoc
Leading the smart commute revolution of India, Tummoc (India’s first Indigenous Transit App), intends to build public transport accessible to every doorstep by making every mode of commute available in your city to travel from A to B.
Commute spelt backwards is "Tummoc" (minus the “e”). That is what we intend to do: Reverse the trend of decreasing public transport usage in urban India!
We're looking for people to help us take on the following kinds of problems:
- Someone’s travelling to airport/office/home - can we suggest them public transport
routes with first mile & last mile and accurate tracking of individual leg of the journey
- Someone’s new in the city - can we help them travel from A to B in the most efficient way
- Someone’s planning to not use their private vehicle for commute - can we design the efficient and reliable system to plan their commute with accurate information of public and private transport
- Transition people from private to hybrid multimodal commute
- Someone's traveling home late at night - can we give their friends, family peace of mind?
- Build single mobile ticket for the entire journey
- Track ongoing, upcoming rides for all modes (bus, metro, cab, auto, motorbikes)
What you’ll do
- Build the backend and deploy systems powering Tummoc app
- Implement & debug live socket connections to track live vehicles
- Build user community platform where user can communicate in various chat rooms
- Implement and debug kafka channels to stream data across microservices
- Implement redis in memory cache
- Successfully Integrate various 3rd party libraries for payment, maps etc
- Build serverless systems using AWS lambda
- Build analytics module to analyse data and show reports
- Integrate new private transport companies and new ways of getting about our cities
- Develop smarter ways of integrating the payment systems across microservices
- Create experiences that delight your friends, family and million of new commuters when they come and visit your city
- Implementing payment modules across the different microservices
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, MERN Fullstack paradigm.
- Design and built systems that scale for millions on demand and are secure
- Deploy and support your code on AWS
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
- Teach us how to be better
Our Tech Stack (Required)
- Node, Express, React Js, React Native, Mongodb, Postgres
- Nginx, Api Gateway, Load Balancer
- Kafka, Redis, Websockets
- Docker, AWS - AWS - EC2, RDS, s3, lambda
(Optional- Good to have)
- Competitive pay and exponential multi-directional career growth
- Working on an app with worldwide impact - help to make cities usable
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- Annual leaves plus public holidays
- Lots of team building & recreation activities
- Lots of Tummoc Goodies & Performance bonuses
- Employee referral bonus
We respect time, talent, trust
Apply, only if you possess the above skills, have a never giving up attitude and have a true passion for public transport.
Note: Immediate joiners will be given priority
- 6+ years of experience building modern and scalable web applications and microservices ● 4+ years of experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- 2+ years of experience building web-based user interfaces
- Proficient in writing effective, scalable code using Python programming language. ● Expert knowledge of Python and capability to learn new frameworks with ease ● A deep understanding and multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python. ● Familiarity with server-side templating languages
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Experience with Redshift, Kafka, Spark, or Databricks is a plus
- Working knowledge of containerization and API Gateways (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio or similar) ● Experience working in agile team environment
- Strong CS fundamentals from a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Passion or experience for emerging health technologies, EHRs, EMRs, or telehealth
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, code, test and release new cloud microservices
- Design, code, test, and release new web-based user experiences
- Design and implement new data models using SQL and NoSQL cloud-technologies ● Partner with product owner and product designer to develop and refine technical requirements ● Collaborate in a fast-paced agile team to design, scope and build a new software platform
Job title: Sr. Software Engineer
Work Location: Mumbai
Reports to: Team Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this profile include:
Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Engineering Graduate in any discipline.
Work experience in Mean stack webapp or product development.
Familiar with Agile methodology and Agile development
Familiar with AWS cloud services
Mandatory Technical Skills
AngularJS, NodeJS & MongoDB,HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
Nice to Have Technical Skills
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with 4+ years of experience, to produce scalable
software solutions. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-
end and back-end coding, building web environments on AWS
Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and system design
Develop client side and server-side architecture.
Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud
Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based
Ensuring cross-platform optimization.
Designing user interactions on web pages.
Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency Troubleshoot, debug and
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
1+ years in Front-end and 3+ years in Back-end development.
Knowledge of front-end technologies and its libraries: React JS, Angular
Knowledge of back-end technologies and its libraries: Express.js, Node.js
Familiarity with databases: MongoDB
Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes
working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
Familiarity with tools like AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS
Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
Experience developing SAAS Products.
Good problem-solving skills and attention to detailing.
- Understand platform requirements & coordinate with the development agency for smooth development of our platform
- Make incremental design or developmental changes on the platform on a regular basis
- Ideate & develop new features on our platform
- Conduct regular testing of website performance & fixing bugs (either through agency or by self, whatever applicable)
- Work with UI/UX designer to implement design systems & user experiences
- Proven experience of 2-3 years as a full-stack developer or similar roles
- Experience in developing scalable desktop and mobile applications
- Hands on experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
Signs you might be a good fit for this role:
- You are self-driven, scrappy and entrepreneurial
- You enjoy challenges and are excited to find simple solutions to complex problems
- You put users first
- You're a forever learner
- You want to work in a fast paced (read:messy) startup environment
- You're usually more aware of the hidden hacks & tools of a phone or a computer than most other people
- You like challenges & don't get bogged down by failure easily
- You are firm believer of the quote "if you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem"
See you in the other side!
We are on the lookout for a full stack developer well versed with MongoDb, React.js (& Next), Node.js and AWS.
A bit about the company - We are building India’s first payment gateway focused on offline (cash on delivery) payments. Over 70% of India chooses to pay through cash on delivery whilst shopping online. We are tapping that market. CODfirm currently is used by 500+ brands to verify COD orders and reduce returns and fraud on their stores.
A bit about our team - We are a small team. Three part-time full-stack developers and one full-time product/ business guy. We are currently looking for our first full-time developer.
Our culture - We are a bunch of individuals who absolutely love what we do. Always jolly and super self-motivated. We hate chasing each other for work and deadlines. It goes without saying that it is mandatory for everyone to meet their deadlines and to be punctual. There is no hierarchy whatsoever and everyone is open and receptive to feedback and constructive criticism. What keeps us motivated and driven is our vision for CODfirm. It does get stressful at times, just like it would at any fast-growing startup with a grand vision. In a sentence, it is a fun yet challenging work environment.
About the role and responsibilities - For us, technical and cultural fit is equally important. Since we already covered the cultural bit, let’s now talk to the developer side of you.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of MongoDB, Redis, React.js (and Next), Node.js and AWS.
- Ability to write scalable, understandable and testable code.
- Strong understanding of computer science principles: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and information revival
- Strong communication skills to help shape the product roadmap given your knowledge and experience with the codebase
- Ability to turn designs shared into frontend code with a focus on UX
- Open to learning new technologies and programming languages
Good to have:
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Data analytics and machine training skills
The interview process:
Step 1: You apply for the job and share your past work with us
Step 2: You get on an intro call with the founder
Step 3: You solve an assignment
Step 4: We get on a call again to discuss the assignment and to get to know you better Step 6: We offer you to come on board and join us
Step 7: Together we build CODfirm India’s first offline payments gateway.
- Responsible for design, development, deployment and maintenance of our applications and its various modules.
- Work closely with Product, UX, and QA teams to deliver the product.
- Ability to own several modules of the application.
Skills required :
- Ability to understand a problem and write good quality code to solve it
- Candidates should have worked on Single Page Application based applications (Angular.js or React.js)
- Working knowledge of Databases like MySQL, MongoDB etc
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to design products independently
- Ability to take complete ownership of his/her tasks
- Working knowledge of at least one of SVN/GIT or a similar version control system
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technologies
- Understanding on website scalability and performance
Good to Have :
- Experience with front end technologies like PWA, Service Worker will be a plus
- Knowledge of unit testing theory
- Product start up experience
The responsibilities include -
1. Hiring a best-in-class engineering team
2. Working with bank partners to integrate APIs
3. Building a smooth and fast user experience
Salary no bar. Equity will be offered to the right candidate.