Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Infrastructure Developers take a multifaceted approach to helping clients achieve technical excellence by approaching challenges from both a technical and operational perspective. As consummate ‘bringers of knowledge,’ they take extra care to ensure their team and client understand operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure that delivers and runs software services. They also help customers adopt DevOps approaches, breaking away from rigid, more traditional ways of working and pivoting to a more customer-focused and agile approach.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will launch projects through hands-on implementation, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure;
- You will listen to a client’s needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals;
- Help shape and build Thoughtworks’ cloud and infrastructure practice through collaboration with business development, marketing, and capabilities development teams;
- Ensure and build the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations;
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects;
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at Thoughtworks—on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering;
- Establish trusting and thoughtful partnerships with a client’s CIO, CTO, and relevant teams;
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies;
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business and have a knack for communicating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- You love creating robust, scalable, flexible and relevant solutions that help transform businesses and industries
- You’re comfortable partnering directly with infrastructure technicians, support and network analysts, security analysts, system administrators and/or IT managers to design technical strategies while simultaneously collaborating with senior IT groups in an advisory capacity
- You can design and architect enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms and can seamlessly administer application servers, web servers, and databases
- You have a deep understanding of cloud and virtualization platforms, infrastructure automation, and application hosting technologies
- You understand DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code to your work and lead infrastructure and operations with these approaches
- You have a history working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS cloud, Infrastructure provisioning, and configuration management tools
- You can write scripts using at least one scripting language and are comfortable with building Linux and/or Windows servers systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools with different tech stacks, web or mobile
- You’ve previously worked with monitoring systems for stress and performance testing with Observability Pattern: Distributed Tracing/ OpenTracing, Log Aggregation, Audit Logging, Exception Tracking, Health Check API, Application MetricS, Self-Healing/Multi-Cloud
- Bonus points if you have experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
Founded in 1993, we’ve grown from a small team in Chicago to a leading software consultancy of more than 8000 Thoughtworkers in 17 countries. Our cross-functional teams of strategists, developers, data engineers, and designers bring over two decades of global experience to every partnership.
Thoughtworks invented the concept of distributed agile and we know how to harness the power of global teams to deliver software excellence at scale. Today we help our clients to create their own path to digital fluency and to build organizational resilience to navigate the future.
Our job is to foster a vibrant community where people have the freedom to make an extraordinary impact on the world through technology.
As a Thoughtworker, you are free to seek out the most ambitious challenges. Free to change career paths. Free to use technology as a tool for social change. Free to be yourself.
● Work with application development teams to identify and understand their operational pain points.
● Document these challenges and define goals to be achieved by the infrastructure team.
● Prototype and evaluate multiple solutions, often by experimenting with various vendors and tools available, to achieve the goals undertaken.
● Rollout tools and processes with heavy focus on automation.
● Evangelize and help onboard application development teams on the platforms provided by the infrastructure team.
● Co-own the responsibility with application development teams to ensure the reliability of services.
● Design and implement solutions around observability to ensure ease of maintenance and quick debugging of services
● Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices in the application development teams.
● Find avenues to reduce infrastructure costs and drive optimization in all services.
● 5+ years of experience as a DevOps / Infrastructure engineer with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
● Experience with git, CI / CD, Docker, etc
● Experience in working with infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc).
● Strong Linux Shell scripting experience
● Experience with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Good experience with programming language Python
- Strong experience in Docker.
- Good knowledge with any of the Cloud Platform like Azure.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Must have exposure into IOT domain and its protocols ((Zigbee & BLE ,LoRa,Modbus)
- Must be a good team player.
- Strong Communication Skills
Must Haves: Openshift, Kubernetes
Location: Currently in India (also willing to relocate to UAE)
Preferred an immediate joiner with minimum 2 weeks to 1 month of Notice Period.
Add on skills: Terraform, Gitops, Jenkins, ELK
- 2+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Knowledge of OO programming and concepts (Java, C++, C#, Python)
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g., scripting via Bash, Python, etc)
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Familiarity with Microservice-based architectures
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD tools Azure DevOps, AWS cloud formation, Lamda functions, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or another cloud PaaS provider.
- Solid understanding of configuration, deployment, management, and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
- Effective communication skills
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments.
- Streamline the software development lifecycle by identifying pain points and productivity barriers and determining ways to resolve them.
- Analyze how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement.
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Identification and prioritization of technical debt that risks instability or creates wasteful operational toil.
- Own daily operational goals with the team.
This role requires a balance between hands-on infrastructure-as-code deployments as well as involvement in operational architecture and technology advocacy initiatives across the Numerator portfolio.
Linux – Ubuntu Administration, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins Administration, Cloud services (Preferred AWS) Apache, Ansible, Python, Postgresql, Rabbit MQ, CloudWatch AWS, CFT in AWS
Additional Skills Required:
- Should have experience working with Jenkins, Git, Gerrit
- Should have Good understanding of AWS Security and execution.
- Should have Good python skills
- Should have experience of working with GIT, Gerrit, Jira, Confluence,
- Exposure to messaging systems Rabbit MQ
- Exposure to Kibana, Provisioning, capacity planning and performance analysis at various levels
- Exposure to Android skills.
- Should have experience in working with cloud-native architecture.
- Experience with log stash and elastic search
- Expert in Full Stack design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs
- May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
- Stays abreast of cutting edge technologies/trends and uses experience to influence application of those technologies/trends to support the business
- Experience on Modelling and Provisioning cloud infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation
- Perform a Technical Lead role for DevOPs development and support teams.
- Need to communicate & coordinate with both offshore and onsite teams
- Should translate business requirements into project plans and workable item/activities
- Have a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and the ability to implement software following the structured approach.
- Need to perform in-depth technical reviews of project deliverables and ensure it should be defect free (minimize post release defects).
- Understand the current applications and technical architecture and improvise them as needed.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, methods to optimize development process and latest SDKs, testing tools etc
Senior Devops Engineer
Who are we?
Searce is a niche’ Cloud Consulting business with futuristic tech DNA. We do new-age tech to realise the “Next” in the “Now” for our Clients. We specialise in Cloud Data Engineering, AI/Machine Learning and Advanced Cloud infra tech such as Anthos and Kubernetes. We are one of the top & the fastest growing partners for Google Cloud and AWS globally with over 2,500 clients successfully moved to cloud.
What do we believe?
- Best practices are overrated
- Implementing best practices can only make one n ‘average’ .
- Honesty and Transparency
- We believe in naked truth. We do what we tell and tell what we do.
- Client Partnership
- Client - Vendor relationship: No. We partner with clients instead.
- And our sales team comprises 100% of our clients.
How do we work?
It’s all about being Happier first. And rest follows. Searce work culture is defined by HAPPIER.
- Humble: Happy people don’t carry ego around. We listen to understand; not to respond.
- Adaptable: We are comfortable with uncertainty. And we accept changes well. As that’s what life's about.
- Positive: We are super positive about work & life in general. We love to forget and forgive. We don’t hold grudges. We don’t have time or adequate space for it.
- Passionate: We are as passionate about the great street-food vendor across the street as about Tesla’s new model and so on. Passion is what drives us to work and makes us deliver the quality we deliver.
- Innovative: Innovate or Die. We love to challenge the status quo.
- Experimental: We encourage curiosity & making mistakes.
- Responsible: Driven. Self motivated. Self governing teams. We own it.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion for sales: When was the last time you went at a remote gas station while on vacation, and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on cloud ?
When was the last time you thought about rebuilding your smart phone charger using solar panels on your backpack OR changed the sequencing of switches in your bedroom (on your own, of course) to make it more meaningful OR pointed out an engineering flaw in the sequencing of traffic signal lights to a fellow passenger, while he gave you a blank look? If the last time this happened was more than 6 months ago, you are a dinosaur for our needs. If it was less than 6 months ago, did you act on it? If yes, then let’s talk.
We are quite keen to meet you if:
- You eat, dream, sleep and play with Cloud Data Store & engineering your processes on cloud architecture
- You have an insatiable thirst for exploring improvements, optimizing processes, and motivating people.
- You like experimenting, taking risks and thinking big.
3 things this position is NOT about:
- This is NOT just a job; this is a passionate hobby for the right kind.
- This is NOT a boxed position. You will code, clean, test, build and recruit & energize.
- This is NOT a position for someone who likes to be told what needs to be done.
3 things this position IS about:
- Attention to detail matters.
- Roles, titles, ego does not matter; getting things done matters; getting things done quicker & better matters the most.
- Are you passionate about learning new domains & architecting solutions that could save a company millions of dollars?
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an entrepreneurial Cloud/DevOps Lead position that evolves to the Director- Cloud engineering .This position requires fanatic iterative improvement ability - architect a solution, code, research, understand customer needs, research more, rebuild and re-architect, you get the drift. We are seeking hard-core-geeks-turned-successful-techies who are interested in seeing their work used by millions of users the world over.
- Consistently strive to acquire new skills on Cloud, DevOps, Big Data, AI and ML technologies
- Design, deploy and maintain Cloud infrastructure for Clients – Domestic & International
- Develop tools and automation to make platform operations more efficient, reliable and reproducible
- Create Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker), strive for full automated solutions, ensure the up-time and security of all cloud platform systems and infrastructure
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and ensure our client are using the best techniques and tools
- Providing business, application, and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members, customers and business partners
- Take initiatives to lead, drive and solve during challenging scenarios
- 3 + Years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
- Experience with Linux systems, RHEL/CentOS preferred
- Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Hands on experience with AWS services (EC2, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda)
- Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Deep experience in customer facing roles with a proven track record of effective verbal and written communications
- Dependable and good team player
- Desire to learn and work with new technologies
Key Success Factors
- Are you
- Likely to forget to eat, drink or pee when you are coding?
- Willing to learn, re-learn, research, break, fix, build, re-build and deliver awesome code to solve real business/consumer needs?
- An open source enthusiast?
- Absolutely technology agnostic and believe that business processes define and dictate which technology to use?
- Ability to think on your feet, and follow-up with multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Logical thought process; ability to grasp customer requirements rapidly and translate the same into technical as well as layperson terms
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Energetic, disciplined, with a results-oriented approach
- Strong ethics and transparency in dealings with clients, vendors, colleagues and partners
- Attitude of ‘give me 5 sharp freshers and 6 months and I will rebuild the way people communicate over the internet.
- You are customer-centric, and feel strongly about building scalable, secure, quality software. You thrive and succeed in delivering high quality technology products in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Job Title:- Backend/DevOps Engineer
- Job Location:- Opp. Sola over bridge, Ahmedabad
- Education:- B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech/ MCA
- Number of Vacancy:- 03
- 5 Days working
- Notice Period:- Can join less than a month
- Job Timing:- 10am to 7:30pm.
About the Role
Are you a server-side developer with a keen interest in reliable solutions?
Is Python your language?
Do you want a challenging role that goes beyond backend development and includes infrastructure and operations problems?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team!
We are looking for 3 experienced Backend/DevOps Engineers who will focus on backend development in Python and will be working on reliability, efficiency and scalability of our systems. As a member of our small team you will have a lot of independence and responsibilities.
As Backend/DevOps Engineer you will...:-
- Design and maintain systems that are robust, flexible and preformat
- Be responsible for building complex and take high- scale systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Develop server tools for game features and live operations
- Be one of three backend engineers on our small and fast moving team
- Work alongside our C++, Android, and iOS developers
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…:-
- Have 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Be familiar with common database access patterns
- Have experience with designing systems and monitoring metrics, looking at graphs.
- Have knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment.
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level.
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members.
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
If you are looking for good opportunity in Cloud Development/Devops. Here is the right opportunity.
EXP: 4-10 YRs
Job Type: Permanent
- Education: Bachelor-Master degree
- Proficient in English language.
- Should have been working for at least four years as a DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Should have worked on AWS Cloud Environment in depth
- Should have been working in an Infrastructure as code environment or understands it very clearly.
- Has done Infrastructure coding using Cloudformation/Terraform and Configuration Management using Chef/Ansibleand Enterprise Bus(RabbitMQ/Kafka)
- Deep understanding of the microservice design and aware of centralized Caching(Redis), centralizedconfiguration(Consul/Zookeeper)