DevOps Jobs in Kochi (Cochin)
Role & Responsibilities
- Application Architecture: Design and implement application environment
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based (on-premise) computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and monitor the disaster recovery (DR) of all servers.
- Respond and assign a team to resolve help desk requests
- Monitor and maintain server functionality and security issue.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Automation configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Manage and administer servers, networks, and applications such as DNS, FTP, and Web servers.
- Troubleshoot in-house network issues and fix them.
- Provide solutions to complex problems on the integration of various technologies
- Design plans as well as lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of network architecture
- Monitor the environmental conditions of a data center and cloud servers to ensure they are optimum for servers, routers, and other devices
- Collaborate with IT handlers, sales, and data center managers to develop an action plan for improved operations
- Conduct inspections on power and cooling systems to ensure they are operational and efficient
- Resolve operational, infrastructure or hardware incidents in a data center and cloud servers.
- Monitor and maintain company assets
- Infra-team management and skills enhancement (training) plans and execution
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Expertise in Shell and/or Python scripting
- In-depth knowledge of any of the CI/CD tools like Jenkins/GitLab etc.
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools like Zabbix/ Nagios etc.
- Expertise in any one of the cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other cloud solution providers
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Angular and NodeJS)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations
- Basic experience with VMware
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
Technical Lead - .NET
- Develop and deliver technical systems
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g., Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation, Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)]
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices when appropriate
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Provide technical guidance to development team members
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team, and the peers in other IT groups
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary
- Produce high-quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to engineering staff
- Review of code completed
- Review performance of developers
- Proactively anticipate project issues before they occur; define the problem; identify possible causes; work with the team to identify solutions; select and implement the most appropriate solution
- Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
- Bachelor’s OR master’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years acting a senior architecture / technical lead role in a comparable organization
- Significant experience of deploying large, enterprise-wide implementations to significant user volumes
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience leading a team of developers - defining work breakdown structures/tasks, assigning the teamwork items, monitoring, and ensuring quality and adherence to standards etc.
- At least 8 years of relevant hands-on work experience building, integrating, and delivering enterprise-wide web and windows applications using Microsoft and other technologies for large organizations on complex projects
- 8+ years of ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net experience
- 8+ years of experience of working with applications that have a SQL Server backend
- 5+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework, ADO.NET, Dapper
- Expert level knowledge of .NET Web API is required. .NET Core knowledge is preferred, but Web API experience with legacy .NET is ok
- 5+ years of experience with GIT
- 3+ years of experience of Azure Devops
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support, and training/mentoring
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Ideally experience working with SSRS, SSIS
- Experience with MongoDB or another document database would be a plus
- Knowledge and experience with working on N-Tier applications.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience working on projects following Agile methodologies would be ideal
- Experience working with Azure or other cloud providers would be ideal
- Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure
- Some experience with design and prototyping tools and diagramming is desired
Red Hat Specialist on OpenShift administration preferred
Minimum 5 years of experience inn managing applications deployed to a Platform-as-a-Service PaaS platforms like RH OpenShift, etc
Strong experience with configuration management using Ansible, etc
Strong experience working with distributed source control systems like Git, including branching and merging
Good knowledge on supporting critical web-applications with high-availability and highly scalable infrastructure
Good experience on monitoring tools (preferrably Nagios)
Strong knowledge on orchestration platforms like Kubernetes is a must
Considerable knowledge on cloud networking.
Cross-skilled across multiple cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc, (GCP - Preferred)
Maintain and improve monitoring, metrics for the cloud infrastructure
Ensure application health and performance with browser-based monitoring software like Dynatrace
Automate and improve build systems using Jenkins, Apache Maven, and Artifactory and deploy systems using tools like Ansible and OpenShift
Collaborate with developers to migrate applications to the Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service PaaS offering
Should work on cloud technologies along with latest devops technologies like Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, System Architects, Development Teams, QA Engineers, other DevOps Engineers and Users.
Create CI/CD pipelines for various different applications.
You will be deploying and configuring containers and automating releases.
- Strong object oriented concepts. Experience in structure object oriented modelling with preferred expertise in using tools like Enterprise Architect or similar. Experience in working with TOGAF standards is preferred.
- Experience in architecting the technical scale and scope of high volume, scalable enterprise software solutions including logical and physical landscape requirements with specific attention to design, development, and deployment strategies
- Capability to adapt, learn and work with multiple technology platforms.
- Knowledge in Application Security including Information security principles & realization, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
- In depth knowledge and experience in large scale database management, data modelling and database design in RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience in recommending and implementing DevOps tools for enterprise projects.
- Capability to evaluate tools, technologies and processes, including assessing their strategic benefit in the solution.
- Willingness to work hands-on with engineers to review, troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently.
- Expertise in following technologies – ASP.Net MVC, Web API, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, ASP.Net Identity, REST
- Experience in implementing various application deployment models and monitoring the server infrastructure using industry standard tools.
- Experience in docker based deployment models.
- Experience in architecting, developing and deploying cloud based (One or more among AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) enterprise solutions.
- Experience in designing and developing micro-services based applications.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions with TDD (Test Driven Development)