Rakuten, Inc. is one of the world’s leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal & media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 20,000 employees worldwide.
For more information, visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/.
If you are:
A leader with vision, loves pushing boundaries, questioning status-quo and thrives on challenging problems.
Passionate technologist, not afraid of scale, complexity and breadth
Loves to create a high-performance culture that exceeds expectations, deliver value and create impact
Detailed oriented individual, who understands nuances of technologies choices and drives best fit solutions.
We’d like to meet you! Expertise:
Expert in Distributed Systems and Cloud technologies
12+ years’ experience, with at least 2-3 years as Engineering Manager / Lead
Hands-on with Java ecosystem, web services architecture, design patterns and frameworks
Experience working with caches, app servers, web containers
Understanding of datastores, Oracle exadata / no sql based
Experience with git or likes
Good understanding of development practices and tools, devops, release engineering and infrastructure management
Experience working on API based SaaS products
Experience with SRE, operational architectures, observability aspects
Deep understanding of Reliability, Availability and Scalability
Hands on experience with complex project management, agile based preferred
Comfortable working with a distributed team
Scoping, planning, and technical architecture reviews
Grow and manage the skills, talent in the organization.
Mentor and lead team(s)
Responsible for day-to-day management of Services development team
Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, and other delivery teams to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects
Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
- Experienced in defining & realizing end-to-end Technical Architecture for large scale enterprise systems. Ability to identify and define non-functional requirements and design systems to meet the same.
- Strong experience in OOAD and in applying Design patterns effectively
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Java/ JEE technologies like Struts/JSF, Spring, EJB, JMS Experience only on front-end technologies like Struts, JSP, Servlets, HTML will not be sufficient.
- Experience in performance testing and optimization of JEE systems on any of the following application servers - WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss. Deep expertise in any one of the application servers is a must
- Strong experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL).
- Experience in creating and reviewing technical documents like Architecture blueprint, Design specifications, Deployment architecture, Workload modelling etc
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies and architectures
- Experience in either of these areas is a definite add-on - Infrastructure sizing, Capacity planning, Performance modelling, Cloud Computing
- Working experience on Linux/Unix based OS systems is a must
- Working experience on any one of these open source technologies (LAMP stack, Node.js framework, ELK, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch base NO-SQL databases).
Exp : 10+ Years
Location : Bangalore
Skills : Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, Event Driven Architecture
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering managers with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. Engineering managers can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Hiring contractors and building teams.
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Design and develop effective APIs
- Build, debug, deploy and ship timely software updates
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create security and data protection settings
- Work closely with the founding team as a critical point of contact for the engineering team
- Write technical documentation
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field. Masters in engineering management or related field is a plus
- A great engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Experience developing applications with the knowledge of backend as well as frontend. Familiarity with common stacks. Experience in the MERN stack is a plus
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Good understanding and experience in basic DevOps
- Experience with Flutter and React Native is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
Any preference of Industry: Prior startup experience preferred.
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelors in relevant field
Working Hours: Flexible
Perks: You get to work directly with the Founders on a completely revolutionary idea and most likely end up defining the course of history.
If getting known for your talent, skills & work ethic is what drives you, we make sure that that happens
Here’s a brief about us
Founded by IIT Delhi Alumni, we are building a platform for creators to tokenize their time and earnings and raise capital from their Fans.
Imagine investing in Tanmay Bhat when he only had 10000 followers…
Building AngelList + Binance for creators
As V1, launched a Deeplinking+ Analytics platform for acquiring creators.
25000+ Creators Using
What does this role hold for you…??
- Help define Technical Roadmap and own the entire product delivery end to end
- Work very closely with various business stakeholders to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies.
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development processes
- Hire, Develop and Retain a strong team of engineers.
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Thinking backward from a customer POV and relentlessly pursuing the customer's cause in tech and product decisions
Apply if you have…
- Graduation/Post Graduation degree in Computer Science (IITs, IIITs and NITs preferred)
- NodeJS with good exposure to MySQL
- Experience with AWS, Microservices, Caching, Performance Optimization, Nginx, Solr, Redis, Redshift
- Experience working with agile teams and making rapid decisions in a dynamic and disruptive environment
- 2+ years of leading and managing a team consisting of the backend, frontend and QA.
- Hands-on writing and reviewing code
- Exceptional design and architectural skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High motivation to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
Know more about us…
Know more about us and our team, visit www.housing.com, www.proptiger.com & www.makaan.com
- Strategy: In this role, you will manage multiple engineering teams across verticals, provide technical leadership, set vision and strategy for the Product roadmap for happierWork.
- Execution: Build driven and high-performing teams that can keep shipping quality features at a high velocity. Build boxes, not arches.
- Improvement: Improve engineering delivery by adding the right amount of structure and process, including improvements in code review/pairing, automated testing, issue tracking, or deployment pipelines. Balance the day-to-day shipping needs with longer-term investments that will keep the team shipping high-quality products.
- Leadership: Lead by example and grow our team of amazing engineers and serve as their voice to help steer the strategy and direction of the company.
- Collaboration: Collaborate and partner with Product, Design, and Support counterparts to define and ship the most impactful features on a regular basis.
- Architecture: Enable your team to design and develop Architecture and technical designs suitable for a high-volume, low-latency product that is also reliable, secure, performant, and scalable.
- Excellence: Leverage your technical skills and expertise to build excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
- Culture: Cultivate a strong, transparent, and collaborative engineering culture that promotes ownership, autonomy, and innovation.
- 8+ years of hands-on engineering experience including 3+ years of engineering management experience. Early to mid-stage startup experience is a bonus.
- Rockstar Engineers with Bachelor degree from Tier 1 institutes (IIT’s, NIT’s, BITS)
- Experience in managing a full-stack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers. Familiarity working with agile software development lifecycle
- Expertise in Core Python (v3.7+) with web frameworks like Django or Flask
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL databases (MongoDB), and in-memory key-value databases (Redis, Memcached).
- In-depth knowledge of the Angular framework along with experience in HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Material Design etc.
- Experience with a cloud-native stack, preferably GCP, using technologies like GKE, Cloud Functions, Load Balancers etc.
- In addition to Python, Angular, and PostgreSQL, we use Flask or Django for APIs, GKE to containerize them, GCP to host, Selenium for automated testing, and JIRA for product management. So, experience with some or all of these is essential.
- Early to mid-stage start-up experience and HR Tech experience or domain knowledge is a bonus
- Investigate technologies and solutions which help the team achieve deliverables and results.
- Working with business process analysts and technical leads to derive conceptual designs and solutions.
- Assisting project managers with sizing estimates and work-breakdown structures.
- Develop and unit test software within teams of varied sizes and geographical distributions.
- Benchmarking and load testing developed modules and integrated applications.
- Assisting quality assurance team in the conduct of solution testing.
- Documenting software specifications and requirements.
- Working with infrastructure teams to define and establish application environments and implementation of software applications.
- Provide post-implementation support for developed software applications and solutions.
Measures of Success:
- The delivery of software solutions that meets requirements and are within budget and project timeline.
- Achieves good quality development metrics and standards that are aligned with industry best practices.
- Knowledge of General Open System / Distributed systems platforms
- Knowledge of cloud service like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in developing and implementing Restful APIs
- Good understanding of Network ports/Transfer protocols.
- Ability to process/analyze large amounts of data and logs.
- UI and Backend Development experience (Full stack).
- Experienced in structured and agile development methodologies.
- Experienced in load testing and benchmarking tools such as JMeter, Loadrunner, etc.
- Experienced in Linux-based database technology and versed with stored procedures.
- Experienced in web services developments using XML, SOAP, JSON.
- Knowledge of application security setup using common security standards like SSL, TLS, secured ciphers, etc.
- Experienced with software versioning control using GIT.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a desire to design and develop top quality software products.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Minimum 4 years of experience
• 7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real-world customer problems
• 3-5 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams
• BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to
• executives and non-technical leaders
Manage development of highly scalable ecommerce application and platform
Manage release planning and execution, deployment, DevOPs and production
Provide technology thought leadership
Build and mentor high performance teams
Experience / Skills Required:
B.Tech in Computer Science/MCA with 7+ years of progressive industry experience
3+ years of technical management experience
Must be passionate about building “world class software”
Strong experience in building high performance teams – hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
Strong experience with web and mobile technologies
Strong experience in building highly scalable systems
Strong experience with leveraging OpenSource tools and platforms
Strong experience with RDBMS and NoSQL systems
Prior to being in technical management role – must have had strong development background and
architected scalable server systems
Must have experience with agile planning and delivering short release cycles (bi-weekly releases)
Experience with BigData technologies a great plus
Experience with DevOPs tools and technology a great plus
Experience with AWS cloud a great plus
Experience in building ecommerce or SaaS products a great plus
Experience in software product companies and startups a great plus
Experience with managing user interface design/development a great plus
Experience with LAMP, Python a great plus
Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
Must be able to thrive in fast paced environment
- 12+ years of experience in software development with least 3 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect
- Proven and demonstrable experience in creating scalable solutions
- Proven experience with leading large-scale builds, with multiple squads running at the same time
- Familiar with production Cloud / DevOps environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience in modeling and graphic representation
Technology / Tools :-
- Digital Lending Stack
- AWS services
Good to have skills:-
- Open-source contribution
- SFDC certification
- TOGAF 9 Certification
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes; suggest improvements
- Create business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals; create and implement business visions and goals by solutioning new implementations/improvements
- Facilitate decision making on technology architecture, build versus buy strategies and vendor (keeping in mind the IT cost)
- Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues; problem solve on tech challenges faced
- Audit compliance with the Enterprise Architecture standards
- Ongoing publicity and communication of the Enterprise Architecture both within the IT community, and the business units
- Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential use within the Enterprise
- Mentor and Coach the technical team to effectively build solutions; organize training to improve employees' knowledge and skills for future organizational growth
- Thought partner with the CIO on people, process, and platform decision
CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth stage start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2020, CoVid 19 affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This put us in a unique situation and provided a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
At the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our engineering, product and customer success capability to bolster our product, make our customers successful and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
Roles and responsibilities :
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers, and own significant parts of CIQ applications that require design, architecture, and coding (Both Frontend and Backend).
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on high standards.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying right design patterns, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Own the QA and deployment strategies for the team.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand business, prioritise and execute based on company goals and priorities.
- Be the custodian of process and SDLC best practices within the team.
- Own hiring goals for the team and hire the best.
- Delivery and tech ownership of all roadmap / tech items for the team.
What you need to succeed :
- Should have proficiency in Backend and frontend technologies along with good experience in AWS.
- Should be aware of best practices for Software development .
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
- 5+ years software design, coding in Java / equivalent and a good understanding of frontend technologies.
- 1+ years of management experience in building small to medium-sized teams, demonstrating growth and a track record of successful deliveries.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years of experience in building and working with production grade systems.
- Shipped several large-scale projects with dependencies across multiple teams.
- Built and delivered on successful cross-functional partnerships across multiple teams.
- Been actively involved in creation and execution of technical strategy and roadmap.
- Actively coached, mentored and grew team members in their careers.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to hire and build incredible engineering teams.
- Good understanding and experience in practicing SDLC best practices.
- Strong believer in innovation culture and Engineering driven ideas.
- Experience in release management and agile methodologies.