What Really Matters
• Solid understanding of software development in a multi-tier environment
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
• Creative, with a uncanny sense of design thinking and principles
• Self starter, focused and highly result-oriented
• Has built at least 2 products/apps in the past outside of academic coursework in a full-stack role
What Matters Somewhat
• Good at React, PHP
• Full stack development skills
• Experience in working with REST APIs
• Familiar with visualization libraries and database technologies
• Your participation and success in competitive programming
• The school that you come from
What Does Not Matter
• Your scores and grades in school
• Previous job experience
Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our Engineers face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
The SMS API team (link to the product here) is looking for an Engineering Manager to take ownership of our Adaptive Routing system, and transform it with new technologies and new features. This system is responsible for choosing the best route (i.e. SMS supplier/carrier) through which to send an SMS, and involves data processing, integrating with systems like Costs, and complex logic to ensure the best customer experience. The stack is Java (8 to 16), MySQL, ActiveMQ, Kafka, and AWS with Terraform.
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. The Manager, Software Engineering, brings this to life by contributing to technology development and decision-making and guiding the work of software engineers and teams.
What you will do:
● Drive growth of local team; providing coaching, mentoring, direction, and line management to a team of software engineers.
● Work with product owners and customers to understand use case and business requirements.
● Lead team members in the planning and delivery of product / solution releases.
● Assign, manage and perform project work, including scope, schedule, resource allocation and cost estimation.
● Set high standards to ensure the delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable software to meet customer and business requirements.
● Assist with maintenance and prioritization of the product development backlog.
● Engage with customers, end users and business partners to understand problems and issues with software development and deployment; ensure issues are resolved in a timely and sustainable fashion.
● Ensure team activities align with and support broader organizational goals and objectives.
What you will bring -
● Engineering leadership skills - demonstrable experience leading a team of Software Engineers
● Technically you will come from a Java background & you will have AWS exposure
(ideally, but will consider great candidates with GCP instead)
● Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
● Experience working at a product company would be an advantageous ● Ability to:
o Navigate ambiguity - work internally with key stakeholders to define direction o Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
o Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
o Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines. o Develop technical and process skills in others.
7+ years of software development experience.
2+ years of people management experience
Experience building microservices deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment(GCP, AWS ,Azure etc)
What you will do :
Build ,manage and grow a strong engineering team across engineering lifecycle (Design ,built ,test,release and operate )
Maintain and improve your team's operating metrics.
Lead end to end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner
Work closely with every member of your team to develop their careers and reach their full potential.
Looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team that is responsible for implementing solutions that improve service security,stability and performance.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
Education - B.Tech/MCA or equivalent.
Overall 10 to 12 years of experience.
Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks.
Worked on open source technologies – NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Columnar DBs
Backend exposure – good knowledge of building API using Node or Lambda or python.
Good understanding of ELK, Kafka, Redis and CDN.
Worked on serverless technologies and good understanding of CMS.
Efficient in building microservices in combining server & front-end.
Good understanding of AWS and its technologies.
Should be innovative and communicative in approach and should be hands on coding guru
Will be responsible for the functional/technical track of a product.
Experience with Scaling SAAS products and ability to design from scratch.
Ability to manage a small team of 5 -10 Developers/QA Engineers and guide them on the design and coding best practices
Design and develop SaaS-based applications based on microservices architecture.
Work on the core backend and ensure it meets the performance benchmarks.
Work on the front-end with ReactJS.
Designing and developing APIs for the front-end to consume.
Constantly improve the architecture of the application by clearing the technical backlog.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages).
In partnership with a 1500 CR Conglomerate, we will be launching a combination of FinTech & Retail Marketplace focused on empowering Kirana Stores. Formal registration, Business Plan finalization and kick off activities are work-in progress. We are looking for 15+ years experienced technology specialists for the role of Head of Engineering.
You will lead this new value stream help the platform scale up to servce over a 3 million user base in the next 3-5 years
Location ; Bangalore / Chennai
Travel : Would be required in the initial stages
Compensation - Industry standard (open for discussion)
- 9+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Passionate Tech architect, retains narrow focus on research, system performance and scalability
Expertise in front end and backend JS frameworks (e.g React JS, Angular, Node.js,)
Experience working in Agile frameworks and project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Git)
Knowledge of deployment of distributed RESTful search platforms (like Elastic or Solr)
Experience in designing hyperscale architecture
Exposure to Microservices, AI/ML and Bigdata
Worked on at least one 0-1 initiative preferably IT product firms
Hands on ready to code any time (candidates who are interested only in advisory model, please excuse)
Candidates with good exposure working with OR algorithms would be given preference
Reasonably networked to be able to attract tech talent and build a large Engineering team independently
- Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver software products that delight our customers and accelerates our business growth.
- Be a combination of technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the ability to influence, guide, and inspire those around you.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers.
- Understand the market and our end customers.
- Stays current on leading industry trends.
- Conduct performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports.
Acting as an entrepreneur - taking ownership the problem statement end-to-end.
Delivering direct value to the customer - and not just stop with internal delivery.
Lead a diverse team of High performing Engineers - who set new standards everyday.
Be a great engineer yourself - to be able to hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem statements - through sturdily developed & performant technical solutions.
Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real world customer problems.
1-4 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams.
BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science.
Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders.
Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products.
Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
MTX Group Inc. is seeking a motivated AI Solution Architect to join our team. MTX Group Inc. is a global implementation partner enabling organizations to become fit enterprises. MTX provides expertise across various platforms and technologies, including Google Cloud, Salesforce, artificial intelligence/machine learning, data integration, data governance, data quality, analytics, visualization and mobile technology. MTX’s very own Artificial Intelligence platform Maverick, enables clients to accelerate processes and critical decisions by leveraging a Cognitive Decision Engine, a collection of purpose-built Artificial Neural Networks designed to leverage the power of Machine Learning. The Maverick Platform includes Smart Asset Detection and Monitoring, Chatbot Services, Document Verification, to name a few.
- Creative translation of business needs into a conceptual, logical and physical architecture design of the solution
- Collaboration with the technical teams needed to deliver the design
- Leading architecture and design competency for the automation technology stack
- Strategic direction for maximizing simplification and re-use lowering overall TCO
- Creation of solutions which adhere to Enterprise Architecture, Development, and Information Risk Management standards and policies
- Collaboration with developers and engineering teams resolving the most challenging tasks ensuring the proposed design is properly implemented.
- Proactively identify and address technical strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats across the automation landscape
- Strategy for managing the changes to the architecture (new business needs, technology changes, etc.)
- Explain architecture standards and recommendation to business partners and drive alignment
What you will bring:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in the IT field, at least 3 years in IT architecture
- Solid experience as solution and platform architect, providing technical leadership and guidance designing enterprise software.
- Proven track record at managing multiple projects in fast paced cross-functional team environment.
- 1+ year year experience working with chatbots is a plus
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning, techniques, algorithms, natural language processing
- Certifications in multiple cloud platforms is ideal
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile Scrum / DevOps development methodology.
What we offer:
- Group Medical Insurance (Family Floater Plan - Self + Spouse + 2 Dependent Children)
- Sum Insured: INR 5,00,000/-
- Maternity cover upto two children
- Inclusive of COVID-19 Coverage
- Cashless & Reimbursement facility
- Access to free online doctor consultation
- Personal Accident Policy (Disability Insurance) -
- Sum Insured: INR. 25,00,000/- Per Employee
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability is covered up to 100% of Sum Insured
- Permanent Partial Disability is covered as per the scale of benefits decided by the Insurer
- Temporary Total Disability is covered
- An option of Paytm Food Wallet (up to Rs. 2500) as a tax saver benefit
- Monthly Internet Reimbursement of upto Rs. 1,000
- Opportunity to pursue Executive Programs/ courses at top universities globally
- Professional Development opportunities through various MTX sponsored certifications on multiple technology stacks including Salesforce, Google Cloud, Amazon & others
● Mentor and lead more junior developers.
● Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
● Operate across our evolving technology stack - Java, React, SQL, and more.
● Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, and maintenance.
● Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Analytics as well as other functional teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our customers.
● Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world (US, Canada, UK, etc.).
We at Noise.com are looking for an experienced, Tech Lead who has hands-on experience of mobile apps development to be part of our team. We need someone with expert-level technical skills and expertise, who can manage a fully functional web and app development team, maintain impeccable quality standards and optimize functions accordingly throughout the completion of the app project. You will have an opportunity to build the team.
Managing the entire product life cycle - conceptualization, design, development, Q/A, maintenance, and new version upgradation
Work closely with stakeholders on website, app, and internal product planning and execution.
Provide technical leadership in the end to end design, development, and testing of solutions
Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design, and implementation
Sound Knowledge of testing methodologies including automation testing
Handle and address any issues regarding the development: technical difficulty or team management & get all issues resolved by coordinating with other technical experts or if required by any other department for the same
Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/consultants/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
Maintaining an Agile environment and meeting the product delivery deadlines
Lead and manage the day to day activities of their team
Establish and maintain a proper communication channel among all the stakeholders and report and escalate the same to management as needed
Tracking the status of the team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules in coordination with the other stakeholders
Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning
Conduct module-level work effort estimations and integrate for the whole system
Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
Should have at least 3.5+ years of experience in mobile application development experience with at least two apps that are on the app store that you are proud to discuss with us
You should be familiar with the Cloud Technologies
You should be familiar with the Web Architecture
You should be familiar with the Mobile Architecture especially MVVM
Consistently demonstrated ability of Tech Lead in current role
5+ Years of relevant industry experience
Certified: AWS Solution Architect (Preferred but not mandatory)
- Create architectural designs based on product/design requirement and implement critical high performance,large scale services and libraries Participate in the design and implementation of next generation systems.
- Control projects from start to finish - deliverables to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Adhere to all industry standards in code and architectural designs and evangelize best practices in library.
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for the product development.
- Provide constructive feedback on design and product reviews.
- Collaborate with Leads/Engineers for continuous improvement of the code quality by code review and help engineers write better code.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives working with bright engineers across organization.
- Lead engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications using variety of languages and tools/technology stacks.