We are looking for an Engineering Manager, who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant
- Contribute to discussion on software architecture while mentoring a team of
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems
- Lead teams in the development of new products, solutions, processes, and implementation of cost management
- Communicates technical information to stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier
- Prior 7+ years of relevant experience in a start-up or a dynamic work
- Proven supervisory and technical
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA a plus
Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our Engineers face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
The SMS API team (link to the product here) is looking for an Engineering Manager to take ownership of our Adaptive Routing system, and transform it with new technologies and new features. This system is responsible for choosing the best route (i.e. SMS supplier/carrier) through which to send an SMS, and involves data processing, integrating with systems like Costs, and complex logic to ensure the best customer experience. The stack is Java (8 to 16), MySQL, ActiveMQ, Kafka, and AWS with Terraform.
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. The Manager, Software Engineering, brings this to life by contributing to technology development and decision-making and guiding the work of software engineers and teams.
What you will do:
● Drive growth of local team; providing coaching, mentoring, direction, and line management to a team of software engineers.
● Work with product owners and customers to understand use case and business requirements.
● Lead team members in the planning and delivery of product / solution releases.
● Assign, manage and perform project work, including scope, schedule, resource allocation and cost estimation.
● Set high standards to ensure the delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable software to meet customer and business requirements.
● Assist with maintenance and prioritization of the product development backlog.
● Engage with customers, end users and business partners to understand problems and issues with software development and deployment; ensure issues are resolved in a timely and sustainable fashion.
● Ensure team activities align with and support broader organizational goals and objectives.
What you will bring -
● Engineering leadership skills - demonstrable experience leading a team of Software Engineers
● Technically you will come from a Java background & you will have AWS exposure
(ideally, but will consider great candidates with GCP instead)
● Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
● Experience working at a product company would be an advantageous ● Ability to:
o Navigate ambiguity - work internally with key stakeholders to define direction o Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
o Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
o Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines. o Develop technical and process skills in others.
Qualification : B.E./B.Tech. (Computer Science/IT)
Experience : 6-8 Years
Location : Remote/Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, system design and code reviews
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment and collaborate
with product and project managers
• Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
• Contribute technically to projects
• Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
• Nurture and assess software developers
• Participate in the recruitment process
• Facilitate and ensure that developers follow the company engineering processes
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 6-8 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people
management experience (managing teams of 8 or more developers).
• Hands- on experience developing products and solutions on Cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP
• Large scale systems design experience.
• NodeJS Loopback
• React Native
• Apache Kafka
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home policy
• Cutting Edge Tech Stack
• Diverse & inclusive culture. #AllAreWelcomeHere
• Collaborate with the best co-workers in the world
• Wellbeing initiatives
• Company events, self-development opportunities, and many more
Principal Engineer - IoT @REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 3
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 4
Engineering History @ Rebel
In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, it’s important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted about our journey to date. From the times when excel sheets served as our POS system at stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens - we have traversed the phone, web, and app channels over time. From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to be a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 300 locations across 30 cities in India and in a few international locations. The team of engineers at Rebel has built one of the most unique platforms in the world that can not only help operate a kitchen with multiple brands but also aids in operating business at scale. To give you additional perspective, the team has built more than 40+ products in the last 4.5 years. The innovation spans through technologies like polygon architecture (dynamic delivery radius) for a multi-brand operation from a kitchen, to managing each step of the kitchen ops — queuing, load/prep time, batching of orders, out of the door algorithms; inventory prediction based on consumption data, personal recommendation engine, deep integration with every aggregator, last-mile delivery app, CRM systems, multiple brand websites and apps, reporting and analytics systems, and more. Everything that was mentioned has been built on a tech stack developed by our Engineers. This enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business supremely efficient and optimized.
Future of Engineering @ Rebel
We are now building Engineering 2.0 at our company. The vision is to make technology the Brain (AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics led automation at our Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency), and the Mind (building an AI/ ML-driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web, and voice, like Netflix of food) at Rebel. This will mean working across technologies and product/engineering teams to build solutions that would be “first - time” in the world. Engineering @ Rebel will break new grounds.
You will be a senior member of the Rebel IoT platform development team. As a Principal Engineer-Internet of Things, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable and distributed big data warehouse and analytics platform using the latest cloud based technologies. You will be involved in designing a multi-tenant, highly scalable, big data analytics platform using AWS technologies. You will lead the overall design and architecture of core platform services of Rebel IoT platform ensuring it supports horizontal scaling to support data I/O for thousands of IoT devices in the kitchen.
- Architecture, design and development of a multi-tenant and big data ingestion and processing platform using the latest AWS technologies.
- Partner with other teams and development leaders to ensure overall architecture and design are aligned with cloud development best practices.
- Work closely with development teams working on vertical applications that use the platform core services.
- Develop platform core services that makes vertical application development faster and consistent with the overall design of the entire ecosystem.
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to set strategic direction for the platform.
- Work with 3rd party partners and cities to build solutions and integrate with the core platform services.
- Develop API and support 3rd party development ecosystem for partners to develop applications on top of the platform.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or 6 or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in software development.
- Three or more years as technical lead or architect designing and building distributed systems and cloud services
- Experience with building scalable ingestion and data processing applications
- Experience in one or more cloud providerslike GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience in IOT
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Three or more years of in-depth experience of AWS technologies.
- Three or more years of experience developing multi-tenant and high throughput data ingestion on public cloud.
- Strong foundation skills in Java, NodeJs
- Experience developing in one or more SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience debugging and monitoring cloud applications using Graphite/Grafana, ELK, Google Prometheus, Datadog.
- Ability to make meaningful technical and business trade-offs with extensive knowledge of architectural patterns for scalability, technologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of leading a development team, collaborating with product managers, architects and designers in delivering products on time using Agile.
The Rebel Culture
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
1. Lead a growing team of engineers, responsible for overall technical direction of the team
2. Responsible for code and data architecture, resource management and timely delivery of
3. Responsible for scaling team (hiring) and product infrastructure with the growing user
4. Responsible for creating scalable system architecture & infrastructure
5. Hands-on coding of individual product modules
6. Own the codebase, identify code optimization opportunities and maintain error-free code
7. Maintain code documentation
8. Setup and manage back-end infrastructure/services
9. Research new technologies that have the potential to improve the product
10. Manage team’s development backlog tasks/timelines
11. Conduct detailed code reviews, create test cases and conduct alpha, beta testing, conduct QA testing with help from QA engineers
12. Gather requirements business/product managers regarding new feature requests and bugs
What we need?
1. 3-5 years hands-on coding experience in mobile application development with Android SDK, Swift or Flutter SDK and Firebase, Google Cloud Platform or AWS backend
2. 1-2 years experience in leading a team of software development and QA engineers
3. A keen interest in new technologies and best practices
4. Experience in managing development tasks/timelines for a team (e.g. by holding daily scrums)
5. Ability to create fault resistant development frameworks for engineers
6. Experience in seamless deployment of apps to Play Store and App Store and knowledge of respective developer guidelines
7. Experience with performance testing & tuning, scaling and optimization of high-load applications
8. Experience in scaling through non-relational distributed databases
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
We are looking for a coding Engineering Manager based in Chennai. This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the Head of Engineering for our Chennai team, this role is integral to the successful growth of the team as well as wider company performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Play the role of a servant leader in helping the team to excel in the areas of ownership and help to continuously raise the bar on performance.
Perform your responsibilities through delegation, empowerment and influence aimed at delivering long term outcomes for the team and business.
Build, manage and grow one or more engineering team(s), foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
A hands-on technical approach to management, leveraging your software engineering experience to assist product needs and build
Work with our Product, DevOps, and Data Science functions on articulating roadmaps & ensure a high quality and timely implementation to support our mission and help eliminate identity fraud
Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
Facilitate career growth and success for all team members.
What You’ll Bring:
6+ years of demonstrated deep technical design and programming skills (in individual capacity) designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems in the following tooling; Web applications (Java/PHP/.NET/Python) or Mobile applications (SDK, Android/iOS)
2+ years prior experience managing one or more Agile engineering team(s); contributing to a track record of building complex and technical products, ideally within a start-up or fast scaling environment
Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
Experience with building software with Agility and in conformity to security standards.
Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty” when required
Experience delivering and operating complex software solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process.
- Understanding product features, preparing technical documentation.
- Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables.
- Contribute to the design, architecture and build of our Core Platform.
- Help scale the platform and build out new features.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Self-directed, but also work well with other engineers.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Anticipate future technical needs and craft plans to realize them, and balance feature development with investments in tech debt reduction.
- The ability to combine speed and quality and that you can achieve both at same time.
- Excited about working for a startup and moving quickly.
- Experience in team handling will be a plus.
- Work with customers for understanding requirements whenever needed.
Interview Kickstart is one of the leading platforms helping Software Engineers prepare for tough technical interviews. Over the last 5 years we have helped over 3000 engineers Nail the toughest technical interviews on the planet. We are successful, profitable, and have a vision of building the world's largest Career Upleveling platform.
We need a top-notch Program Manager to come join our growing team at IK
Who you are
- You have 7 - 12 years experience.
- You love the buzz of a highly productive and fast moving team.
- You’ve had 3+ years of experience planning, prioritizing and delivering the product roadmap.
- You get your buzz from metrics, efficiencies and productivity to enable the product team to keep getting better.
- You love interacting and managing a bunch of highly passionate and demanding stakeholders.
- You are looking to grow fast with a company that's on a rapid growth path.
What will excite us
- Previous startup experience or experience being part of early teams.
- You are a whiz with Jira and have numbers at the tap of your finger.
- Experience having set up agile processes for teams and you have war stories to share.
- You don’t really care about your title, you actively contribute to product and engineering decisions.
- You love being a leader of incredibly smart engineers.
What will excite you?
- Complete ownership
- Experiment, fail and learn.
- High pedigree, high caliber team.
- Contribute to every area of our business. Have a real impact with your work
- 12+ years of experience in software development with least 3 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect
- Proven and demonstrable experience in creating scalable solutions
- Proven experience with leading large-scale builds, with multiple squads running at the same time
- Familiar with production Cloud / DevOps environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience in modeling and graphic representation
Technology / Tools :-
- Digital Lending Stack
- AWS services
Good to have skills:-
- Open-source contribution
- SFDC certification
- TOGAF 9 Certification
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes; suggest improvements
- Create business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals; create and implement business visions and goals by solutioning new implementations/improvements
- Facilitate decision making on technology architecture, build versus buy strategies and vendor (keeping in mind the IT cost)
- Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues; problem solve on tech challenges faced
- Audit compliance with the Enterprise Architecture standards
- Ongoing publicity and communication of the Enterprise Architecture both within the IT community, and the business units
- Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential use within the Enterprise
- Mentor and Coach the technical team to effectively build solutions; organize training to improve employees' knowledge and skills for future organizational growth
- Thought partner with the CIO on people, process, and platform decision