Role: Frontend Engineer
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully
If you are keen to develop and drive product architecture, technology vision, strategy, and execution
of our Platform, keep reading!
Lummo (formerly Bukukas) is a SaaS startup seeking to empower entrepreneurs and brands in
SEA to accelerate their growth and to serve their customers by giving them the best technology and
Lummo offers localised solutions made for SEA, thereby shining the spotlight on entrepreneurs and
brands, enabling them to discover all possibilities to grow their business.
Lummo was founded as BukuKas in 2019 by serial entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo
The journey started with BukuKas, an app to digitize the physical record-keeping books by enabling
micro and small enterprises to record their sales, expenses, and cash transactions at ease using
Lummo's flagship product, LummoSHOP (formerly Tokko), helps growth oriented entrepreneurs and
brands unlock their full potential by helping them build a strong relationship with their consumers by
selling to them directly (D2C), maximize operational efficiency across multiple channels & build their
own brand online.
Backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, CapitalG (Google’s
venture fund), Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and entrepreneurs like
Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Taavet Hinrikus (Founder, TransferWise), Sandeep Tandon
(FreeCharge), Santiago Sosa (Founder, Nuvemshop), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish
Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Having raised more than $150 Million in funding with the backing of marquee global investors,
Lummo has built a world class team with top talent from across the world and is well poised to
become a legendary SaaS company that will last beyond our lifetimes
We just received C series funding in January 2022, read more about us https://www-bnnbloomberg-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bnnbloomberg.ca/alphabet-unit-backs-shopify-like-startup-in-rare-indonesia-deal-1.1709623.amp.html" target="_blank">here.
As an SDE3, you would be expected to:
- Design, build and maintain frontend applications on web or mobile
- Debug production issues related to applications you are responsible for.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to deliver complex projects in an iterative manner.
You would be a good fit if:
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience working at product companies with decent scale (think high DAUs and MAUs)
- You have experience delivering end to end projects, beginning from a single page debrief to iteratively releasing features to production working closely with engineers writing API code as well as collaborating with designers and product managers
- You believe in writing high quality code, improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- You believe in writing performance optimized code and not treat it as something that comes secondary to functional requirements
- You are not afraid to pick up new technologies and enjoy learning new tooling that you may not be familiar with
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that start-ups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions. You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- Any open source code or contributions to OSS projects would be a bonus!
What do we offer?
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Hybrid of work-from-home and work-from-office with full management support during Covid time
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential? If yes, Lummo (earlier BukuKas) is the perfect place for you!
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop Connectors tool GUI for various source and target systems/platform/products
- Test, debug, build and deploy UI components in the existing product
- Improve functionality of existing SDK/Frameworks
Skills required :
- ES6 (or TypeScript) syntax
- Good problem-solving
- Good debugging
Good to have :
- TypeScript experience
- Material UI experience
- JEST knowledge
- Git and Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket experience
Key Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience with React or any JS frontend frameworks
- Experience with, HTML5, CSS3 and CSS pre-processor like SASS or LESS.
- Understanding of React and its core principles
- Experience with React workflows (such as Redux)
- Experience working with JSON
- Experience building accessibility compliant web applications
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (git)
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
freshers and experience both can apply
Tottaly office work
- You have strong experience with semantic HTML5, CSS3, and a CSS preprocessor of your choice SASS or LESS, understanding of writing modular CSS (Must)
- You have strong experience with Angular or any other frameworks like Ember, Backbone or React (Must)
- You have working experience with large scale front-end architectures
- You have good knowledge in using restful web services
- You have a strong focus on performance
- You have knowledge of CSS animations
- You have experience with automation tools like Web-pack, Grunt or Gulp
- You have knowledge of unit testing tools like Jasmine, Karma etc.
- As a Frontend Developer you will be responsible for extending and optimizing product user interfaces. You will work in a team of developers and designers to build cutting edge, graphical appealing user interfaces that provide a great user experience
- Have attention to detail and identify potential performance weak spots
- Find and share frontend best-practices with team members and other developers
- You will be actively involved during the entire technology development lifecycle.
- Responsibilities will include all aspects from design, coding, testing, customer feedback cycle changes and support.
- Work with a team of amazing developers and designers involved in the design and development of global platforms, participate in Agile sprints
- Invent and prototype new features, build, test and ship them to customers as SaaS, cloud based or hosted product platforms
- You will be working on one of the fastest growing e-Commerce platforms in exciting application areas like core commerce, supply chain, logistics and fulfilment, merchant and offline to Online, mobile commerce, analytics, automation, DevOps and a lot more for the global markets positioned for Asia.
- Participate in a fun, open learning environment with great benefits and smart talented folks that represent among the best globally.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Quinbay is an upstart digital platforms and products company with a core focus on disrupting traditional markets and business models with the strength of our innovation driven digital value. We harness the power of our open innovation culture, our unique talent selection approach, the skills and expertise of our people across various industries, domains and technologies and a unique blend of analytics driven strategies for creating future digital platforms.
OPPORTUNITIES : Pursue opportunities in and learning/growth interests in Mobile, product development, product management, Analytics, Machine learning, UI/UX design, DevOps, Automation, Drones, bots and Java / open source development frameworks and methodologies – on a variety of domains like eCommerce, Logistics and fulfilment, Mcommerce and a whole lot others.
Opportunities to be part of fastest growing eCommerce platforms in exciting application areas like core commerce, supply chain, logistics and fulfilment, merchant, mobile commerce, analytics, automation and a lot more for the global markets positioned for Asia.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working with designers, product managers to collaboratively own the front-end layer at Quagga Tech.
- Building a responsive and elegant mobile and desktop web UIs.
- Architect, develop and maintain front-end libraries.
- You don’t shy away from writing HTML and CSS because you love designing a beautiful webpage with Semantic mark-up.
- You know what CSS pre/post processors can do for you and can make a fair judgment at choosing them (or not) e.g. SASS/LESS etc.
- You love automating things and can write custom scripts (Grunt/Gulp etc) to automate everything front-end.
- You know the cost of HTTP requests and are always looking for ways to improve the performance of the product across devices.
- You have experience building a product using a mainstream library or framework (ReactJS ecosystem preferred)
- You keep pace with the ever-changing specs of cutting-edge front-end technologies (e.g. Service Workers, GraphQL Client, etc.)
Good to have:
- Experience building Single Page Applications.
- Experience building customizable workflows.
- Experience building for mobile platforms (Android/iOS) (preferably in React Native)
- Experience writing unit tests, visual regression tests.
- Minimum product dev experience of 2+ years in web/mobile startups with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance web applications.
- You're an incessant problem solver and tougher the problem gets; more fun you have.
- You've proven experience in the past to showcase the previous point -- either in your past work experience or during study courses by getting involved in open-source projects.
- You love to own end to end responsibility, starting from defining the problem statement (either yourself or alongside your peers), development (PoC if needed), testing, releasing in staging & then production env and finally monitoring.
We offer a suite of memberships and subscriptions to spice up your lifestyle. We believe in practicing an ultimate work life balance and satisfaction. Working hard doesn’t mean clocking in extra hours, it means having a zeal to contribute the best of your talents. Our people culture helps us inculcate measures and benefits which help you feel confident and happy each and every day. Whether you’d like to skill up, go off the grid, attend your favourite events or be an epitome of fitness. We have you covered round and about.
- Health Memberships
- Sports Subscriptions
- Entertainment Subscriptions
- Key Conferences and Event Passes
- Learning Stipend
- Team Lunches and Parties
- Travel Reimbursements
Thast what we think would bloom up your personal life, as a gesture for helping us with your talents.
Join us to be a part of our Exciting journey to Build one Digital Identity Platform!!!