Lightning job by Cutshort ⚡
As part of this feature, you can expect status updates about your application and replies within 48 hours (once the screening questions are answered)
About the Role:
Lal10 is a fast-growing e-commerce platform that is committed to promoting Indian handicrafts and artisanal products by connecting rural artisans with global markets. We believe in promoting ethical and sustainable fashion while providing a livelihood to rural artisans in India. We are a young and dynamic team working towards a common goal of creating a positive impact on society.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing team working in a fast-paced environment and help us build and maintain our platform. As Engineering Manager, you would be fully responsible for designing and building the core modules on the application and infrastructure layer. The expectation from you would be to lead a fast-growing team of young, passionate, talented engineers. You should be able to solve challenging architectural and design problems and get your hands dirty with clustering, replication, databases, building systems, infrastructure automation, etc. and take full ownership of building concurrent, performant, and scalable software products that will power the entire Lal10 ecosystem.
● Lead the engineering team of young, passionate and talented engineers.
● Full responsibility for designing and building core modules on the application and infrastructure layer.
● Work with multiple teams and stakeholders across organizations to launch new features and user experiences at scale.
● Empower and encourage the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality.
● Help the team members with their career growth with constant mentoring and continuous feedback.
● Contribute and develop scalable processes and frameworks to optimize for innovation, speed of delivery, and quality of user experience.
● Work with the leadership team to define the strategic direction and roadmap for your team to deliver best in class software products.
● Solve challenging architectural and design problems by getting your hands dirty with clustering, replication, databases, build systems and infrastructure automation etc.
● Be responsible for building concurrent, performant and scalable services which will power the entire Lal10 ecosystem.
● 6+ years experience developing and maintaining high performance applications and services, preferably in a high-growth startup.
● Strong CS fundamentals, good working knowledge of classic algorithms and data structures.
● Solid hands-on experience in building solid backend (and frontend) applications.
● Experience designing scalable, fault-tolerant systems and databases. ● Experience working with MERN stack, Relational Database and AWS. ● Experience with setting up systems and infrastructure.
● Solid understanding of how the web works and its underlying communication protocols.
● Knack for writing the most performance optimized code along with it being modular and scalable.
● Excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills.
● You understand engineering culture and bring in best practices but also evolve at the same time. You know how to balance between creativity and process.
● Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools like Jira.
● An experience in starting or scaling a successful startup.
● Familiarity with Docker and containerization.
Our Tech Stack:
● ReactJS (NextJS)
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
Lal10 is an online wholesale marketplace for rural SMEs in India. We are creating a maker’s revolution by digitising small and medium rural manufacturers to take their sustainable products to global markets. With CoVID layers of middlemen who were traditionally involved in the trade have vanished. This has created an immediate need to digitise these rural SMEs across the country and connect them to retailers for the growing demand of sustainable goods globally. The B2B rural-sourcing market is large, highly unorganised, and geographically disaggregated, but with the advent of inexpensive, ubiquitous internet & smartphones across even the rural corners of India, this sector is ripe for disruption. There is an untapped opportunity to leverage technology & software applications to leapfrog the challenges and build a robust global supply chain connecting SMEs with retailers in India and overseas.
We believe that the future of retail is local. We offer a wide assortment of sustainable products for SMBs who traditionally have been dependent on offline trade shows and exhibitions for sourcing.
Lal10 has connected 1800 such SMEs across 28 rural districts across India to global retailers.
India has a total of 9.1 Million rural SMEs and their contribution to the global market is over $7 Billion.
Lal10 is India's Largest Cross-border Platform for Wholesale Sourcing from over 2000 MSMEs. With the latest funding raised, the team is determined to develop technological innovations for MSMEs from design to digitization to global wholesale discovery.
• Experienced in defining & realizing end-to-end Technical Architecture for large scale
enterprise systems. Ability to identify and define non-functional requirements and design
systems to meet the same.
• Strong experience in OOAD and in applying Design patterns effectively.
• At least 5 years’ hands-on experience in Java/ JEE technologies like Struts/JSF, Spring, EJB,
JMS etc. Experience only on front-end technologies like Struts, JSP, Servlets, HTML will not be
• Experience in performance testing and optimization of JEE systems on any of the following
application servers - WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss. Deep expertise in any one of the
application server is a must.
• Strong experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL).
• Experience in creating and reviewing technical documents like Architecture blueprint, Design
specifications, Deployment architecture, Workload modeling etc.
• Excellent understanding of software development methodologies and architectures.
• Experience in either of these areas is a definite add-on - Infrastructure sizing, Capacity
planning, Performance modeling, Cloud Computing.
• Working experience on Linux/Unix based OS system is a must.
• Working experience on any one of these open source technologies (LAMP stack, Node.js
framework, ELK, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch base NO-SQL databases and other)
Salary is not a constrain
Key Responsibility Areas:
Condé Nast is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the team responsible for evaluating and enhancing our corporate website, global intranet and additional microsites. This role will be responsible for helping to build a technical roadmap to enable us to deliver high quality sites with a consistent, easy to use and fully featured way of delivering content for any of our contributors from around the globe across the corporate platforms. They will be working closely with the global press office social media teams.
• Data: MySQL, PostgreSQL MongoDB, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Kafka, Parquet, S3, Presto
• APIs: GraphQL, REST
• Vendors: Coral, Mastodon
• Deployment: Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
• Source Control: Git, GitHub
• Infrastructure as Code everywhere
• Pairing. We like knowledge sharing and upskilling
• (Oncall - teams are responsible for their own apps)Role responsibilities
• Lead a team of engineers to evaluate and implement new technologies to meet business objectives
* Collaborate with stakeholders to design the appropriate solution for our needs
• Mentor team members in best practices around engineering
• Identify and improve code and usability performance issues
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of AWS Cloud infrastructure
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong sense of building products for other application engineers and experience building
platforms for other teams
• Seen technical projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, from ideation through
execution and maintenance
• Expert level fluency in at least 1 programming language
• Eager to learn about new technologies and implementing these ideas in a production
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
Education - B.Tech/MCA or equivalent.
Overall 10 to 12 years of experience.
Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks.
Worked on open source technologies – NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Columnar DBs
Backend exposure – good knowledge of building API using Node or Lambda or python.
Good understanding of ELK, Kafka, Redis and CDN.
Worked on serverless technologies and good understanding of CMS.
Efficient in building microservices in combining server & front-end.
Good understanding of AWS and its technologies.
Should be innovative and communicative in approach and should be hands on coding guru
Will be responsible for the functional/technical track of a product.
Experience with Scaling SAAS products and ability to design from scratch.
Ability to manage a small team of 5 -10 Developers/QA Engineers and guide them on the design and coding best practices
Design and develop SaaS-based applications based on microservices architecture.
Work on the core backend and ensure it meets the performance benchmarks.
Work on the front-end with ReactJS.
Designing and developing APIs for the front-end to consume.
Constantly improve the architecture of the application by clearing the technical backlog.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages).
- 15+ years of Hands-on technical application architecture experience and Application build/ modernization experience
- 15+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands-on programming skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Agile software development expert
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands-on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced programmer to join our engineering team. You will play a vital role to create an impact on our product platforms, introduce innovation and execute technical strategy as and when required. This approach should allow continuous and consistent improvement to our existing products. Ability to multitask, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, solution driven approach towards work is highly desired. Overall, you’re required to demonstrate an excellent mix of technology exposure, team management, collaborative work style, leadership skills and values.
1. Work with cross-functional teams, leaders across the organization to lead our frontend, backend and infrastructure engineering layers.
2. Understand, analyze, design and develop scalable software ecosystem, technical specifications artifacts and documentation.
3. Execute and perform detailed analysis of technology problems and technical environment and use it in designing solutions
4. Optimize existing coding guidelines and introduce unit testing principles as per market standards.
5. Keep a track of development and execution plans and report on execution (if any)
6. Act as a mentor and guide engineering team (formally / informally) in designing and implementing technical solutions
7. Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
1. Minimum 8+ years of experience in software engineering and development
2. Strong understanding of nanoservices architectures and frameworks development
3. Hands-on coding experience with Java, Node, or Python and good exposure and working knowledge with Elastic search, SQL, NoSQL, Angular etc.
4. Experience with developing on cloud environment (especially AWS)
5. Should have the utmost passion for both technology and people leadership
6. Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data structures, Algorithms
7. Good exposure to databases queries
8. Experience and skill in hiring and developing engineering talent is a plus.
9. Ability to work independently or with a group.
10. Willingness to sit for extended hours (If required).
Nice to have:
1. GitHub and StackOverflow profile showcasing your contributions
2. Certification in AWS
3. An entrepreneurial mindset
What we offer:
1. Atmosphere of growth and opportunity
2. Collaborative culture of smart, young and dedicated people
3. Super modern WeWork office with the cappuccino on tap, ping pong tables, and exciting atmosphere.
4. Other employee perks and benefits.
● Mentor and lead more junior developers.
● Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
● Operate across our evolving technology stack - Java, React, SQL, and more.
● Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, and maintenance.
● Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Analytics as well as other functional teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our customers.
● Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world (US, Canada, UK, etc.).
JD – Engineering Manager Role
- Designed, developed and deployed cloud-native applications (we use AWS)
- Working on or leading enterprise tech products and worked with enterprise customers
- Mentor & grow / Hire Engineering Managers to lead up these individual units.
- Work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Set up the organisation & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Well versed in Software Architecture and Design - You should be able to spot flaws in the existing architecture and design. You would help us refactor and re-architecture the code for easier and faster development.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organisations.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Identify, define, and coordinate the training needs of the team.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis
- Building and maintaining data capabilities at KredX while taking care of scaling, privacy and processing aspects.
- Ability to work with external partners and vendors to integrate with KredX product
- Write blogs and other technical papers to share the lessons with community both inside and outside the company and or participates in technical events to get new knowledge to the organisation while improving brand of engineering team at KredX
- Appropriately escalate any issues/concerns that require immediate attention from other affected parties
- Always be thinking about the engineering systems and business from different angles - fraud, downtimes, scale, business direction and more
- Experience in working with large scale unstructured data, and data science
- Deep Understanding of enterprise grade technologies.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Knowledgeable about new engineering paradigms and developments in software engineering