Position Overview: We are looking for a senior developer who must be capable of building services using modern microservices architecture with NodeJS & serverless frameworks. Should have strong knowledge of ObjectOriented Concepts, and Node. Js frameworks like loopback, RDBMS, and microservice patterns. The candidate should be comfortable with application coding based on design and specifications, and also be comfortable working with JSON and RESTful services. The candidate must be a top-notch developer committed to keeping learning new things and becoming an integral part of and fostering growth within our development team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining the backend systems that support the application
- Designing and implementing APIs and Microservices architecture to handle the application workload
- Developing and optimizing queries for RDBMS (MySQL) to manage data and ensure performance and scalability
- Managing and deploying the application on AWS using Lambda, ECS and other related services
- Collaborating with front-end developers to ensure smooth communication between front-end and back-end systems and back-end systems
- Writing clean, neat and reusable code that follows coding standards and best practices.
- Participating in code reviews and ensuring that coding standards are maintained
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise in production environments
- Optimizing the application for performance, scalability, and security
- Continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in software development
- Documenting technical specifications, processes, and system design
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Zono Tradetech Pvt Ltd
Role: Backend Developer
Role & Responsibilities / What you will do?
- Participate in design and implementation of the overallBackend architecture.
- Understand Architecture Requirements and ensure effective Design, Development,
- In depth knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJs. (plus point if having knowledge of GOLang)
- In depth knowledge of Databases like MongoDB, MySQL, CouchBase, Cassandra and search engine like elastic
- OTT Streaming platform knowledge includes functional areas such as - Media Processing ,Content Management system
- Problem Solving – Ownership, Proactive and Systematic approach.
- Enable absorption of latest technologies in the product line.
- Ensure best practices in software development are institutionalized.
- Problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Validation, Testing and Performance, monitoring etc
Requirements / What you should have?
- Understanding and knowledge of Front end is plus point.
- Continuous integration (Jenkins) and version control (Git) etc.
- Good Error and Exceptional Handling Skills.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development.
- Contributing to team meetings, troubleshooting development and production
• Take on complex problems that span multiple components and teams.
• Independently own one or more multiple modules, which include: requirement analysis, design, development, maintenance & support
• Write extensive, efficient code to address complex modules that handle the interaction between multiple components.
• Rapidly iterate to add new functionalities and solves complex problems with simple and intuitive solutions
• Produce architecture with clean interfaces, that are efficient and scalable
• Participate and contribute to architectural discussions
• Solve production issues. Investigate and provide solutions to minimize the business impact due to the outage
• Continuously improve performance metrics of modules you own.
• Collaborate effectively across teams to solve problems, execute and deliver results
• Experience: 3+ years
• A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Software engineering and product delivery experience, with a strong background in algorithms
• Experience in architecting & building real-time, large-scale e-commerce applications
• Experience with high-performance websites catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus
• Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms
• Experience with web technologies, Go/Java/Python
• Language: GO or Python
• Strong expertise in DS and Algo
• Strong leadership skills - have experience mentoring, building products from scratch or incumbent in design and architecture.
• Have worked in the scaling of the system right from scratch.
• Someone worked in small user base to a large user base and wrote optimized code
• Both HLD and LLD
Experience: 6 to 10 Years
- Experience in leading teams and handling communication among engineers and product managers,and have worked with mobile teams and product teams.
- Experience working on RFC documentation.
- Experience in architecting the software, estimating tasks, breaking down into subtasks, prioritizing tasks as per need, and timely delivery.
- Designing and developing mobile-first applications.
- Creating and maintaining clean and clear front-end code and backend APIs for our web and mobile applications.
- Automation and Deployments of builds - Frontend and Backend.
- Application Performance And Error Monitoring and Automation
- Maintaining excellent test coverage for our code base.
- Follow best practices while reviewing pull requests
- Working with our shared services and field teams to identify application bottlenecks and make relevant architectural decisions.
- Working with our front-end application developers to optimize performance across our system.
- Designing administrative tools for our shared services and business development teams
- Constantly optimizing our code bases with an eye for modularity and legibility.
- Writing documentation for our external and internal APIs.
- Strong understanding of RESTful JSON web API design principles.
- Demonstrable experience with NodeJS, Express. JS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Familiarity with popular NodeJS packages (e. g. express, socket-io).
- Must have experience with test driven development(TDD).
- Experience in backend web development.
- Containerisation experience working with Docker/ Kubernetes/ Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with multiple additional programming languages/stacks.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB.
- Experience with RDBMS databases like MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- An excellent understanding of distributed systems and their tradeoffs.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical problems, design and implementation choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e. g. sales team, users, security experts).
- Experience working with web sockets.
- Familiarity with the AWS stack.
- Experience in application security testing.
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipeline.
- Contributions to open source communities.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Annual company retreats to fantastic places
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Great healthcare coverage
- Professional development allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Customised CMMversary rewards on your 1,3,5,7 and 10-year work anniversaries
- Career Enablement – We meld your upskilling initiatives with organization’s strategic planning
- Take your Birthday Off
Our client DDB Mudra Group are one of India’s largest marketing communications networks. The Group’s promise ‘Unexpected Works’ comes alive in our partnerships with some of the world’s fastest-growing companies and most admired brands including Johnson & Johnson, Volkswagen, Pepsico, McDonald’s, TTK Prestige, Diageo, Unilever, Royal Enfield, Titan, Meesho, and Infosys. Our agencies include DDB Mudra, 22feet Tribal Worldwide, Mudramax, Interbrand, Track and TracyLocke.
Our work has shone at many prestigious forums.
- APAC Agency of the Year at Spikes Asia 2022 with consecutive Grand Prix wins in the last three years.
- Asia's #1 creative agency by WARC Rankings 2021.
- India’s Agency of the Year and #5 in Asia according to Campaign Brief’s ‘The Work 2021’.
- 2 at Kyoorius 2021.
- One of the only two Indian agencies to bring home a Cannes Gold in 2021.
One of the Top 20 most effective and creative agencies in the world by Effie Index 2020Our unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion as one of the company’s key pillars for growth is seen through marquee initiatives like ‘The Phyllis India Project’ which creates a community of women leaders, and ‘Open Pride’ that fosters an inclusive and engaging work environment for the LGBTQIA+ community & allies. The Group was awarded Silver at IWEI’s Top Employers 2020 for the LGBT+ community. We are also four-time Gold winners of the Talent Development Program of the Year at the Campaign South Asia Agency of the Year Awards.
Key responsibilities & Deliverables:
Candidates with extensive Drupal experience please apply!
- Deeper understanding and working experience in Drupal, WordPress, Laravel or CodeIgniter & NodeJS (Express JS).
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document & deploy applications
- Experienced in OOP and knowledge of design patterns
- Creating, using implementing and modifying Drupal/WordPress themes.
- Customize and tweak core, forms, modules and themes in Drupal/WordPress.
- Managing deployments of PHP and NodeJS projects with one or multiple developers across environments
- Exposure Experiences in application integration and web services technologies (REST, SOAP, XML, etc.) WebAPI
- Responsible and Reliable developer working against strict timelines and meeting on-time delivery goals.
- Deploying applications in AWS or GCP or Azure
- Must be a self-starter & be able to work with minimum supervision
- Should have capacity to solve complex business problems
- Seeking 2+ years experienced PHP/NodeJS developer for long term employment.
- Must have, 2+ years’ experience working under Drupal, WordPress, Laravel or CodeIgniter, NodeJS (Express JS).
- Expertise in Drupal, WordPress, Laravel or CodeIgniter, NodeJS (Express JS), MySQL, Rest APIs and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Subversion, etc.
Knowledge of Object-oriented concepts.
- Good to know about deploying applications in AWS or GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP Web services.
- Knowledge of AngularJS or React JS is a big plus.
- Good to have certification under any CMS or Framework.
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of applications.
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing applications.
- Results-oriented, reliable, and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams.
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and work independently.
- Eager to embrace current and emerging web technologies
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Managing defect tracking system and resolving all issues and preparing the update for systems.
- Preparing and maintaining code for various .Net applications.
- Revising, updating, refactoring, and debuging the code.
- Enhancing existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action.
What you need to have:
- Have experience of working on ASP.NET, VB.NET, C# or MVC.
- Must be good with MS SQL DB queries and optimization techniques.
- Very good in programming logic. Should be well versed with OOPS.
- Knowledge of AngularJS or ReactJS is a plus.
- Familiar with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- The ideal candidate should have a good knowledge of working with Telerik Controls.
- Working in any programming language with exposure to Web services /REST API/Third-Party Integration.
- Working exposure to Test, Link, JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Visual Studio 2015 or later, OOPs concepts, Cloud concepts.
- Good design skills using n-tier architectures (scalability, multithreading, caching, business & data layers) or SOA based application.
- Ability to lead the team and handle pressure and demands.
- Sound knowledge on IT concepts and latest trends.
- Excellent logical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Who are we
Syook is an established Series A funded high growth startup headquartered in Bengaluru, working in the B2B space. We are currently on the path of high growth and productivity, and great culture building (because we know the two go hand in hand)! We are looking for folks who will ask questions like why/why not, what can I do to make this better, how can I help the company and most importantly, what can the company do to help you.
Our flagship product Syook InSite allows businesses to visualize their operations, providing information that can easily translate into measurable impact on the bottom-line. InSite is an Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) solution that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to generate highly-accurate location data of all your resources (both assets and people), at much lower costs than https://syook.com/rfid-vs-ble-vs-uwb-vs-wi-fi/">comparable technologies. The result: Quick RoI and Improved Operational Performance. It’s Industry 4.0, ready for deployment!
First and foremost, we're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing -- you don't need to know anything about IoT, but should be excited to learn. We're building in an entirely new space, so you'll be able to use creativity to help us solve problems and delight our customers.
Our product stack is MERN (React, Node + Express, MongoDB) with a few services also written in Java and Go and we use React Native on mobile.
We’re looking for someone who loves to solve problems and enjoys building algorithms that identify all possible scenarios. You must enjoy breaking down a problem statement into smaller chunks and have a knack of designing scalable systems using modular pieces.
A day in your role will involve any of the following (or a combination):
- Develop APIs for new features that will be consumed by the frontend (web and mobile)
- Develop APIs for integrations into 3rd party ERP & HRMS systems like SAP, etc
- Build new services or add functionality in existing systems & services like IoT Data Parsers and Ingestors, etc
- Build modular sub-systems that can be reused to develop a scalable system
- Optimize application backend for speed and scalability
- Ship out bug free code using TDD
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Understand the requirements and give adequate time estimates for the features
- Coordinate with QA for every feature and make sure releases are bug free
This list is not exhaustive at all, and you'll have a lot of autonomy over your work.
This is a full time position based out of Bengaluru with the option of working remotely few days of the week. During the interview, you'll be able to share what you're most interested in.
Why you might be excited about us
- We're working to solve a massive global problem and help organizations be more competitive. We love solving problems using technology and are bridging a massive gap in the operations excellence domain.
- We're small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product.
- Our team has a wide range of experiences (Oilfield, Telecom, Psychology PhD, etc.) and are excited to learn from you, too.
- You'll be able to work independently and set your own schedule. We don't micromanage and will help you do great work. We trust our people and believe that each person here puts their best foot forward.
- We'll mould your role to shape a career you're excited about. We care a ton about your satisfaction and job happiness, and will help prep you for whatever you're looking for in the future.
- We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your own personal development, and don't expect for you to be always engaged with work.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're small (35+ people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time. You'll help build our company's culture.
- Since we're an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift.
- Our customers love us, and there's a lot we can improve. It's a great place to be, but it means there's some jank. (Nothing too scary! 😃)
- We can't (yet) provide constant close mentorship for junior developers. As we grow, we'll get a lot better at this.
- Since you'll have a lot of responsibility and creativity over projects, they may not be defined perfectly initially. You'll be expected to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things, and raise flags if you think we should do things differently.
None of these are requirements, but do describe the kinds of people that we think would be most effective at Syook right now.
- Love thinking broadly about problems and thinking creatively about how to solve them efficiently.
- Happy to try things out to validate new features, and move on if they no longer solve a problem.
- Excited for a front-row seat into a fast growing, early stage company. Things will change a lot!
- Enjoy thinking through trade-offs, with both mindfulness of short-term needs and our long-term direction.
- Happy writing documentation so that others can ramp up super easily and you're never a single-source-of-failure. We're a bit too small to have silos.
- You are driven and care about doing a good job and improving your craft.
- You have a growth mindset, can keep up with the latest technology changes and trends and suggest enhancements based on these
- Most importantly, you’re the kind of person who is friendly, approachable, ready to help others and personally driven to put your best foot forward.
Technically these are some of the things we would like for you to have to be able to contribute effectively in this kind of a position:
- You are fluent working with server-side languages and frameworks, in particular NodeJS, but any other language proficiency is also fine e.g. Go, Python, Java, as long as you can pick up a new language and contribute
- You are fluent in using SQL Database, preferably Postgres and at least one NOSQL Database, preferably MongoDB, but feel free to surprise us!
- You can write clean, modular code in either Object-Oriented style or Functional style
- You are comfortable with Test Driven Development
- You are fluent in using the tools of the trade: Testing, Editors, Git, Command line, Slack
Apart from the above it would be a plus if you also have
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Kafka, RabbitMQ or other pub / sub and queue management systems
- Open source contributions
Our current development practices
Since we're an early-stage startup, we constantly have to ask "what gets the most value, cheaply, to validate our assumptions?" We build some things to last a long time, and others as prototypes.
We use linting, e2e testing, CI CD, observability logging, and production probers. We've documented both our web and mobile apps so that you should be able to get started easily—and if you need help, we'll absolutely improve our docs—and contribute your first day.
We recognize the value of maintainability and keeping our developer experience nimble. Our sprints are for 2 weeks and we push releases to production as per this schedule.
You'll help push us to be our best, and we're excited for recommendations and insights you have as you join. You'll be an owner and contribute towards how we work.
Joining our team
We want you at your best, and won't be giving you gotcha-style algorithms questions. We want to get to know you, hear about what you're interested in, and learn about what you hope to do in the future.
1. Meet us and learn about Syook
You'll first talk to Sarlaksha or someone from the People Services team (over phone or video) and won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Syook and have a chance to ask any questions about our company, team culture, and product.
We'll also talk in depth about your technical experience. We'll talk about frameworks you've used, how you make technical decisions, types of problems you like to solve, etc. You won't need to prepare anything in advance.
This is primarily used to get a better feel for your experience, how you work, and where you may fit in. It'll be used to design the rest of the interview process.
Through this and the next steps, you'll meet more people in the company so we can get to know each other.
2. Technical challenges
Everyone has different strengths, and we want you to do your best. Our goal is for you to clearly demonstrate your technical aptitude. We're open to accommodating what would work best for you.
We can choose mutually between several different options:
- A live pair coding session where we'll work through some problems.
- Working through similar problems independently as a take home challenge.
- Presenting any previous work you've done (example: open source, side project, or even another interview you did).
3. Technical Discussions
If you clear the technical challenge then we will have a few rounds of technical discussions where we interact with you to understand in depth about your craft. These discussions will be with one of the engineers at Syook whom you will end up working with and the final discussion will be with our CTO (Aman Agarwal). We will try and see how you can augment our engineering culture and we’ll discuss the bigger picture also. You will also get to understand what your role is all about and how you can grow with us. Feel free to ask for feedback and any other questions you may have about the company and we will be happy to share the same.
5. People & Culture fit round
If you reach this stage, it automatically means that we’re convinced of your technical skills. However, that’s never enough for us. We want to ensure that you will feel comfortable working with us and that we can give you an environment where you can be your productive best. We will use this discussion to understand what you bring to the table apart from your technical skills in terms of initiatives, personality, and a certain entrepreneurial mindset.
6. Reference conversations
We will talk to a few people you've worked with before to learn more about how we can best work with you. We expect to hear great things, so this is primarily so we can work with you as effectively as possible.
● Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP SAAS applications on portal plus
premium service platforms.
● Should be individual contributor and able to handle frontend and backend.
● Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team,
● Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
● Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
● Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post
● Good knowledge of GIT, Digital Ocean or AWS servers
● Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical
and process issues.
● Document the development process, architecture, and standard comp
Job type: Permanent with ACL Digital
- MySQL, or Postgres
- Linux systems
- Agile Methodologies
- Good communication skills