-Manage, coach, and support engineering team
-Create a technical strategy and budget proposal
-Implement and monitor technical strategy performance metrics
-Communicate engineer team goals with engineering staff members
-Coordinate internal teams to ensure project timelines and budgets are met
-Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field
-6-9 years of prior relevant experience
-Experience with managing people and projects is a must
-Expertise in J2EE server technologies
-Experience with high-performance websites catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus
-Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
-Experience with API Design, ability to architect and implement an intuitive customer and third-party integration story
-Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services
-Exceptional design and architectural skills
We are on a mission to enable businesses to build agile and accountable technology teams that can deliver results in a secure and scalable way. You will be working in one such technology team for a client based out of the US.
Role & responsibilities
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, to design and implementation. We want a team member who Leads projects and teams. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years Experience with at least one scripting language: JAVA, Angular, React, Ruby, Nodejs, Python, AppleScript, Unix shell, or similar
- Good knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn, and hardworking
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and evolve Technical Strategy & Roadmap
- Analyze the competition information and define winning strategies
- Develop & Define World-Class Architecture and Design
- Specify, propose and present innovative solutions and lead high-quality end-to-end solution/ technical architecture and design
- Document and consolidate architectural decisions and technical designs via documentation and UML diagrams
- Use Jira to build a roadmap, releases, and bi-weekly sprint plans to track progress
- The prototype, evaluate and recommend the most suitable platform
- Keep Refactoring principles going as we evolve on architecture and design
- Collaborate closely with the development team and designers and other stack holders to generate ideas and creative solutions to problems
- Review all critical functionality & test code. Help Teams in removing bottlenecks
- Be customers advocate and leverage the internal teams to meet customers’ expectations and satisfaction
- Team handling of more than 6+ members
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must Have expertise with MEAN (MongoDB/ Express.js- Angular 4+/Node.js/ AWS)
- 7 to 12 years of experience in Software Development
- 2 years of experience in software architecture and solution design for large-scale internet applications
- Must have strong hands-on experience with API Development and DevOps.
- Ability to translate highly complex business requirements into scalable technical design
- Strong Understanding of Software design principles, Industry Best Practices, and Standards.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented concepts and Design Patterns
- Candidates with prior Java experience but with current MEAN Stack development experience will be considered.
We are changing the way cataloging is done across the Globe. Our vision is to empower the smallest of sellers, situated in the farthest of corners, to create superior product images and videos, without the need for any external professional help. Imagine 30M+ merchants shooting Product Images or Videos using their Smartphones, and then choosing Filters for Amazon, Asos, Airbnb, Doordash, etc to instantly compose High-Quality "tuned-in" product visuals, instantly. They have built the world’s leading image editing AI software, to capture and process beautiful product images for online selling. We are also fortunate and proud to be backed by the biggest names in the investment community including the likes of Accel Partners, Angellist and prominent Founders and Internet company operators, who believe that there is an intelligent and efficient way of doing Digital Production than how the world operates currently.
About the Role
We are looking for builders of the 1st order. You should get a rush from creating things from scratch and take pleasure in watching users try to tear them apart through sheer volume and strange, unthinkable use cases. And when it breaks, you are to — make everything smooth, secure, and stronger than ever! If you inhale resilience and exhale code, apply now!
You will work closely with Product and AI Research to build features, tools, and scalable architecture As with any startup, responsibilities will vary frequently. You’ll wear multiple hats, and work across many different technologies, might talk to clients directly, and have an active say in the direction of our product. We want someone who is passionate about this type of environment!
What you’ll do
- You will manage a team of Software Engineers distributed under Tech Leads.
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers of the team and lend your help in your areas of expertise.
- You will manage a scale of Millions of Images processed everyday through Computer Vision algorithms running in the backend.
- Build microservices to support new functionality.
- Bind our front and back end services together.
- Deliver maintainable and high-quality code
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
We are looking for:
- BTech degree in Computer Science, Engineering, from tier-1 engineering institutes
- 6+ years of Software Development experience in a product development setup
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of Software engineers (strict criteria), preferably in a product based startup environment
- Extremely self-motivated and autonomous.
- Strong data structures and algorithm skills
- Designing database schemas and architecture
- Strong knowledge of Microservices architectural patterns
- Deep experience of building systems at a massive scale
Strong preference for IIT /NIT/ BITS passouts passing out between 2014 and 2015 and experience in major tech product companies (unicorns, well funded startups of good repute - series A and above funded).
Note*: 6 years or above experience is mandatory
In partnership with a 1500 CR Conglomerate, we will be launching a combination of FinTech & Retail Marketplace focused on empowering Kirana Stores. Formal registration, Business Plan finalization and kick off activities are work-in progress. We are looking for 15+ years experienced technology specialists for the role of Head of Engineering.
You will lead this new value stream help the platform scale up to servce over a 3 million user base in the next 3-5 years
Location ; Bangalore / Chennai
Travel : Would be required in the initial stages
Compensation - Industry standard (open for discussion)
- 9+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Passionate Tech architect, retains narrow focus on research, system performance and scalability
Expertise in front end and backend JS frameworks (e.g React JS, Angular, Node.js,)
Experience working in Agile frameworks and project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Git)
Knowledge of deployment of distributed RESTful search platforms (like Elastic or Solr)
Experience in designing hyperscale architecture
Exposure to Microservices, AI/ML and Bigdata
Worked on at least one 0-1 initiative preferably IT product firms
Hands on ready to code any time (candidates who are interested only in advisory model, please excuse)
Candidates with good exposure working with OR algorithms would be given preference
Reasonably networked to be able to attract tech talent and build a large Engineering team independently
- Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver software products that delight our customers and accelerates our business growth.
- Be a combination of technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the ability to influence, guide, and inspire those around you.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers.
- Understand the market and our end customers.
- Stays current on leading industry trends.
- Conduct performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports.
standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent.
The job requires a gamut of roles and responsibilities -
● Build a world-class team of engineers
● Ensure their KPI’s and OKR are set and evaluated at regular intervals
● Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time, and within budget.
● Collaborate & work with Product Leads and Business Leaders to develop a long-term product plan,
products, and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
● Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team,
assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting Ability to work in a fastpaced
● Deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent. product
9 software development experience
● 3+ years of experience running engineering teams of 5+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring
individuals to grow in their career
Experience in setting up & building high-performance technology teams
• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,
product, operations, and clients/vendors
Exp: 7 - 12 years
Min 5+ years in team management
Solid experience building teams from scratch in Startups
Preferred: Talents from Tier 1 Tech Schools / IT Product Startups
Key Skills: Java, Python, Distributed Systems, Data Structures, Algorithms, AWS, Design Patterns, HLD, LLD, Data Analytics, MongoDB, Node Js
• Vision: Building a vibrant technology culture via a shared strategic architecture vision, as the Chief Architect of the company.
• Mission: Driving the platform and product vision to life.
• Goals: Leading and delivering on the long-term road map for engineering and infrastructure efficiency.
• Execution: Building and sustaining core reusable technology that would ensure scalability, reliability, availability and resiliency for all the products running on the platform and power the enterprise's quest to remain technologically competitive as it extends its customer base and enhances customer experiences continuously.
• Assets: Owning all relevant platform technology and infrastructure, both internal (like Dev and staging environments, DevOps stacks, etc.) and client-facing (like production and HA / DR environments)
• Tools and frameworks: Leading a team of engineers and architects across DevOps, Site-Reliability, Product TechOps / NOC, Frameworks and Cloud Infrastructure teams.
• Thought leadership and industry presence: Representing technology branding and evangelism, as the face and voice of enterprise technology; sharing and evangelizing the technology strategy with internal and external entities, including employees, customers, partners, analysts, technical networks and investors.
• Team leadership: Helping build the technical talent brand of the company and in managing their portfolio of IP (intellectual property), via multiple media like blogs, conference presentations and tech media coverage.
Candidate persona mapping:
This role would be part of the Senior Leadership Team of the company, Our typical candidate for this role would be a person who:
• Is a Senior Technical Architect/Manager with 8+ years experience in Product First Tech First companies operating on a global scale
a) Preferably, with rich experience working in Silicon Valley, USA / IT Product Startups
b) Rich experience in helping build platforms that have supported products built from scratch and which have scaled over time
c) Rich experience in helping deploy products on the SaaS model
• Has rich and diverse experience in platform technology areas like design and architecture, APIs and Microservices, cloud infrastructure (private, public, hybrid or multiple), security, scale, tooling and multiple frameworks
• Has an executive presence and strong communication skills
• Demonstrates technology thought leadership
• Demonstrates a record of leading a team of Architects, managing, mentoring and appraising them
• Is, preferably, a programming polyglot
• Should have built diverse teams from scratch
1.) Design Application Architecture, Engineering Processes, Engineering Best Practices, People Management, Code Reviews.
2.) Deep understanding & Working Experience in Design Patterns, Data Structure & Algorithms
2.) Understand Design Alternatives with Trade Off's and Matching Costs & Performance Expectations
3.) Define the Right Teck Stack , Data Flow , Data Store - FULL Stack
4.) Understand the Failure Points in Design , Coding , Stack Related Issues
5.) Part of Open Source Community , Understand Common & Specific Issues & How Others have solved it
6.) Proficient in Different Design Models & PROS & CONS"
Must Have Experience/Attributes -
Multi-year experience in Designing & Coding Applications of a successful Online platform
Experience in Designing Distributed Applications @ Scale
Proficiency with scalability and high availability strategies for Java Services & Microservices on distributed platform
Defining solution based on the set of Non Functional Requirements - security, reliability, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability
Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting expertise
Strong desire and ability to look for and adopt best practices/community driven open source framework and technologies into design deliverables
Should be obsessed with code quality, performance optimization and tools usage to improve productivity/quality
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Experience of driving activities to influence code quality and process rigor
Enthusiastically follow technology trends, software engineering best practice and technologies while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems
Experience of working on E-commerce platform
Experience in Dockers and container orchestration on Kubernetes
Working Experience in Integration Technologies / Middleware like Kafka, Rabbit MQ , ESB
Knowledge on Cloud Ecosystem - Added Advantage
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
• Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
• Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggestimprovements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
• Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overallobjectives
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Work experience as a director of engineering, Head of engineering, CTO, Engineering
Manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computerinterfaces
• Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Excellent project management skills
Stack: Golang, Python, React.js, Docker and Kubernetes, Elastic Search
Your Responsibilities :
1. Orchestrate the design, development and delivery with high quality, performance and scale.
2. Develop road-maps for system and product growth, and then ensure timely execution and delivery.
3. Have high technical competence, strong technical background with a proven technical track record.
4. A strong collaborative mindset to work closely with your peers in various teams like Product Management, Design, Quality Assurance and more to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
5. Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development processes.
6. Define a long term talent strategy across technologies. Provide supervision, mentoring and development opportunities for associates and managers who report into you
7. A zeal for solving customer problems, and the cascading the same passion within your team.
8. Drive for innovation and improvement - encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes, and culture; keeping them agile and creative
Required Skills :
2. Hands-on experience in developing, designing & scaling complex systems
3. Start-up experience to scale the organization and influence engineers.
4. Strong sense of ownership and accountability
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
6. Understanding of business processes and the application of technology to implement them.