Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - I
Reporting To: CTO
Location: JP Nagar, Bangalore
CodeParva, The Era of Code
About us: We ‘Code’ to develop Operations & Management software, which impacts both large Corporations as well as mom-and-pop businesses. Our core specialty lies in Self Storage management, Property Management, Payment Processing, and modern B2C Website Development Platforms.
From Boston to Bengaluru – CodeParva runs Business
What We can Give:
- A top-notch platform where you can leverage your skills to build full features and modules in Django and ReactJs, using technologies like Elasticsearch, Redux, WebSockets, MaterialUI, Formik, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, etc. when necessary
- A team which is eager to learn from you and to mentor you
- A clean slate for new ideas & methodologies
- Competitive salaries for your contributions
PS: Our entire team planned, developed & executed the 2nd Formal Appraisal process of CodeParva
What You Can Give
- Write clean, reusable, maintainable and performant code
- Design, Develop, test, maintain, and own frameworks, modules, and full features
- Strong ownership towards the product
- Willingness to go the extra mile to do something the right way
- Critically review the part of the product you are working on and suggest feasible improvements.
- Expertise in at least one of backend or frontend as described below, with a willingness to learn the stack you do not have expertise in.
- Expertise in building API design and development using Django framework
- Experience in one of: Redis / Elasticsearch / Celery / Real-time notifications
- BONUS: Experience with PostgreSQL
- Expertise in React 16 and Redux
- Experience with the following: Formik, MaterialUI, Virtualization, webpack
- Expertise in styling: CSS, Flex, Animations & Transitions
What will make you stand out from other applications
- Communication: clarity in understanding & passing on the requirements
- Prioritization: your time-management and delegation skills
- A never-give-up Attitude!
What we Value & Reward: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company & we do not discriminate. We Reward loyalty and a never-give-up attitude.
About CodeParva Technologies Pvt Ltd
CodeParva is a hybrid of:
- How we function: Tech startup
- Our business model: Development arm of Syrasoft (not a startup)
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Syrasoft LLC. Syrasoft is a long-term player in the self storage software industry. Syrasoft funds CodeParva to build the browser-based version of the management software product.
Our Vision is to “Automate & Streamline end-to-end business process management for the self-storage industry”
Self storage industry generates around 38 billion dollars of revenue which is more than Hollywood and Music industry put together. Self storage industry is almost recession-proof. Businesses and individuals use storage spaces while moving between smaller and bigger spaces.
1. Work on front-end and backend technologies
2. Participate in logic-building exercises
3. Write clean code
4. Work on APIs
- Understand long-term goals of AiSensy & design extensive softwares
- Prepare blueprints of backend services from the provided product requirements
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Understand data storage requirements
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Discover critical challenges in flows, edge cases & perform benchmarking
- Follow the software development lifecycle
- Define success criteria for testing & product acceptance
- Ensures the quality & reliability of deliverables
- Prepare and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
- Experience with non-functional requirements, such as reliability and availability, scale, horizontal scalability, etc. over time and make tech stack decisions accordingly.
- Familiarity with UI/Frontend development using React.js & Redux
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions
- Experience with developing REST APIs & Integrations development using Node.js & MongoDB
- Experience with modelling complex interconnected entities in databases
- Software testing using Jest & Mocha
- Teamwork & Communication skills
- Software development fundamentals
- Experience with working on the AWS technologies - Lambda, SQS, SNS, Eventbridge & API Gateway
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with designing secure distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top university.
- 3-5 years experience in technology.
- Strong overall Web 2.0 development (HTML5, CSS, AJAX, REST, JSON, SPAs, etc).
- Familiarity with PHP recommended.
- Comfort with PHPStorm or Eclipse IDE.
- Understanding of basic database concepts and SQL.
- Comfortable with Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating devops culture
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, always pushing the envelope in order to deliver awesome results for our clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bad code
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
At ThoughtWorks, we’re committed to fostering an inclusive community for all technologists. Help us achieve a more balanced workplace by anonymously answering the following demographic questions.
Must have: Python-Angular(min.6Months) - Django- MySQL
Location; Pune(WFH until Covid stabilizes)
Good to have: Kubernetes/Docker, Flask, Restful API
If You’re Passionately Credible About
- Engineering management with a strong sense of ownership
Problem solving with a clear and analytical approach and organized work habits
Technological innovation in agile product engineering scenarios
Product and business management principles and metrics
- Our health products’ engineering team that works on initiatives fuelling the growth of our recent health retail insurance products
- Collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders to ensure delivery timelines are met
- Implementing product engineering best practices, and evangelizing them within the org
- Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played -
6 years of technology experience (at least 2 years in direct engineering management)
Managing a 5-15 member engineering team in an agile product org
Track record of collaborative working with multiple stakeholders
Planning and analysis with effective communication skills
• Experience of MEAN/MERN Stack Technology.
• Experience of Node JS, Express JS, Mongo DB, Angular or Angular JS/Reacts JS.
• Knowledge in Java and/or Python programming, will be added plus.
• Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes,will be added plus.
• Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube tools (or similar)
• Experience working in Agile (SCRUM)
• Knowledge working with AWS (S3, EMR, EC2, RDS)
• Preference will be given to candidates who have travelled onsite or with US business Visa.
- Responsible for design, development, deployment and maintenance of our applications and its various modules.
- Work closely with Product, UX, and QA teams to deliver the product.
- Ability to own several modules of the application.
Skills required :
- Ability to understand a problem and write good quality code to solve it
- Candidates should have worked on Single Page Application based applications (Angular.js or React.js)
- Working knowledge of Databases like MySQL, MongoDB etc
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to design products independently
- Ability to take complete ownership of his/her tasks
- Working knowledge of at least one of SVN/GIT or a similar version control system
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technologies
- Understanding on website scalability and performance
Good to Have :
- Experience with front end technologies like PWA, Service Worker will be a plus
- Knowledge of unit testing theory
- Product start up experience
They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
Understand requirements and how they translate in application features
Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
Design creative prototypes according to specifications
Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
Perform unit and integration testing before launch
Conduct functional and non-functional testing
Troubleshoot and debug applications
Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
Proven experience as application developer
Experience in designing and building applications
Ability to program in NodeJS and AngularJS
In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
A team player with excellent communication skills
Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
Great attention to detail and time-management skills