Engineering Manager MERN Stack
Edulastic is a fast-growing, US-based Edtech startup that is shaping the future of education. Our SaaS platform now serves over 10M students in over 8,000 schools across the USA and that number is growing. We are making such a splash that teachers, schools, and districts call us "a game-changer." We are focused on helping teachers teach and students learn and work hard to support educators by providing them with robust ways to track student progress and inform instruction with instant data.
At Edulastic our employees are the secret sauce to our success. With our team of motivated, positive, and skilled professionals, we continue to maintain, build, and grow a strong product offering. Innovation, listening to customers, and service are at the forefront of what continues to guide us to success. Diligence, excellent team communication, knowing that our work makes a difference, and a good sense of humor are the elements that carry us through each day.
We currently have an opening for a talented Engineering Manager who still thinks in code but also realizes that a manager's time is better spent mentoring and leading a team of talented engineers, someone who is not shy to dive into solving challenging problems but also understands that rolling up the sleeves and learning new skills is essential to get the job done. In this role, you would be working with the MERN stack to build our solutions that would effortlessly scale to support millions of students. You’d also be a creative thinker who constantly strives to streamline the processes to improve the quality and reduce the time to market.
8+ years of Hands-on technical expertise and people management experience.
Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large-scale production systems.
Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS, and MongoDB.
Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
The client is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Engineering Manager to be
part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of
architecting scalable solutions, hiring and mentoring talented teams, and working
with product managers to build great products. You must be highly analytical
and a good problem solver. You will be part of a highly energetic and innovative
team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
● Own the overall solution design and implementation of the core infrastructure
for backend systems. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion,
design, architecture, implementation, delivery, and resolving production issues
related to engineering. The core back-end system is a large-scale data platform
that ingests data, applies ML models, and streams the output to the Data lake and
serving layer. As of today, we ingest 2 Bn data points every day, which need to
scale to handling 200 Bn data points every single day.
● End-end backend engineering infra charter includes Dev ops, Global
deployment, Security, and compliances according to latest practices.
● Ability to guide the team in debugging production issues and write best-of-the
● Drive “engineering excellence” (defects, productivity through automation,
the performance of products, etc) through clearly defined metrics.
● Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas, and methodologies; share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision-makers.
● Hiring, mentoring, and retaining a very talented team.
● 8-12 years of strong experience in product development.
● Strong experience in building data engineering (no SQL DBs, HDFS, Kafka,
Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark, etc) intensive backend
● Experience with DAG-based data processing is highly desirable
● Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture,
implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer-facing
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Ability to influence decision making through data and be metric driven
● Strong understanding of non-functional requirements like security, test
● Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services
● Ability to hire, mentor and retain best-of-the-breed engineers
● Exposure to Agile development methodologies
● Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills
● SAAS experience a plus
As a Technical Architect, you need to be
- Technology Expert
- Creative and self-driven
- Customer centric
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environment
You will closely work with Head of Product Engineering responsible for for the platform development, Chief Technology Officer driving the technology innovation, Software Development Leaders, Program Manager, SCRUM Masters, UX Designers
You will be responsible for
- Driving and defining the technical architecture of the Core SaaS platform
- Develop high-level technical specifications and design of the platform
- Define technical product roadmap to continuously enhance the platform.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and technical guidelines to development team
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Bring in best of the class architectural practices in the platform
- 8 – 15 years of software product development experience, with majority of them is hands on experience developing in enterprise software product
- Experience in developing and hosting PaaS or SaaS based products/platform with hands on experience in multiple cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and so on
- Experience developing enterprise- grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem
- Can mentor train existing team members on aspects of architecture, design and explain, document and elaborate architecture and design changes
- Strong background in architectural principles, patterns and anti-patterns
- Must have contributed to technology tools evaluation and technical proof of concept applications
- Should have experience in multiple tech-stacks including Data Analytics tech-stacks as well.
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
HyperTest is the fastest growing SaaS company in the field of quality assurance and Testing growing 25% MoM and flagging 1M+ errors for its clients every month
How It Works
HyperTest is an on-premise utility that helps businesses ship software faster and with better quality. It automatically tests for all failures and bugs in their applications much before releases. Engineering teams struggle with writing & maintaining their own tests or use a team of manual testers.
With HyperTest they can now instead focus only on building software (faster), automating the entire QA process.
We believe as the complexity of the application grows, HyperTest's simple technique to test app services in aggregate minimises the effort from developers to catch errors and fix them
Where are we now
HyperTest is funded from marquee VC firms like Axilor Capital, Touchstone and distinguished angel investors. The founding team has spent 12+ years between them building and scaling products for OYORooms to India's largest restaurant SaaS company and are alumni of IIT Bombay & Georgia Tech with degrees in CS and Data Science
HyperTest is currently used by 20+ small to large companies alike including Nykaa, Groww, Moglix, Shiprocket, 1mg, Etmoney, Cashify etc
We are looking for Head of Engineering who:
- Have (5-6yrs) experience working preferably in a product company before and understand the culture of moving fast and breaking things. Any additional experience is a plus.
- Work with CXOs to understand the business and build relevant solutions
- Engage in the end-to-end life cycle of product - from design to product launch
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Design and build the Engineering team; define the right culture for the team
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and fast delivery. Data driven approach is a must
- Lead the cost/benefit analysis of technology evaluations, decisions, and roadmap planning for architecture and technical migration
- Exclusively use and enable teams to adopt and follow best practices in code development and deployment.
- Evaluate and improvise appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of products.
- Are open to work in a flat, non-hierarchical setup where daily focus is only shipping features not reporting to managers
- Are relentless problem-solvers and not scared easily from new engineering problems or speaking out in public or privately
- UG/PG degree in computer sciences, IT from top tier college in India preferable
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
- Occasional sponsored trips to Himalayas (all company funded) and unlimited supply of caffeine
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
Companies we admire for their culture and success:
37 Signals (BaseCamp), Intercom, Front, Stripe, Notion.io, Airtable, FreshDesk, Zoho, Wingify (VWO), CleverTap
Books that are a MUST read for people at HyperTest:
Lean Startup, Recode, Never Split the difference: Negotiating like your life depends on it, Culture Code, Rise of the SuperMan, Negotiation Genius, The Subtle Art of Not giving a F***
We are looking for a Head of Engineering who has a passion to drive more solar and clean energy in the world working with us.
The software helps anyone understand how much solar could be put up on a rooftop and calculates how many units of clean energy the solar PV system would generate, along with how much savings the homeowner would have. This is a crucial step in helping educate people who want to go solar, but aren’t completely convinced on solar’s value proposition.
If you are interested in bringing the latest technologies to the fast-growing solar industry and want to help society transition to a more sustainable future, we would love to hear from you!
- Be an early employee at a growing startup and help shape the team culture
- Safeguard code quality on their team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives
You should have a strong understanding of software design and architecture and some technology leadership experi
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
- You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organisations.
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time.
- Above 8 years of experience with technology depth as well as good people skills.
- A BE/BTech in Computer Science or some equivalent academic stance.
- Have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/dev center.
- Able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation.
- Great people skills to closely work with other teams.
- Product Management, Business Development, and Operations, all need your expertise to ensure superior solutions match our scale of operations.
- Very high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Ability to play the role of the architect for the team.
- Engineering Management, Python, Distributed Systems, Architecture, Data Structures
Desired Skills and Experience
Position : Director of Engineering
Experience Range : 12 Years -15 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : 0.10% - 0.30%
Location : Remote
We are looking for “Director of Engineering” to lead our engineering team and help us build great products. You will also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. In this role you are also in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- Experience on scalable architecture, distributed systems, multi-tenancy and multi-threading.
- Prior experience on managing team of up to 30 Engineers, mentoring and coaching them.
- Experience on LAMP or MERN Stack. Hands on experience on Laravel, Code Igniter & Slim Framework.
- Experience on building web applications using Node.js and React.js
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures,
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code
deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
- Adaptive to Start-up culture and fast paced growing environment.
- Hire and build a globally-distributed, happy, and successful engineering team.
- Oversee Front-end and Back-end development teams of 40+ Engineers including Engineering Managers and their projects.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s)
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,product, operations, and clients/vendors
• BTech, MTech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or
• 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in leading teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex
technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Past experience with startups and fast-paced environments is an added advantage
• As a leader, you must have proven skills in designing and developing simple to complex
solutions including experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed
• Proven track record building and managing high-performing software development
• Practical experience and ability to drive design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members in the team.
We at Noise.com are looking for an experienced, Tech Lead who has hands-on experience of mobile apps development to be part of our team. We need someone with expert-level technical skills and expertise, who can manage a fully functional web and app development team, maintain impeccable quality standards and optimize functions accordingly throughout the completion of the app project. You will have an opportunity to build the team.
Managing the entire product life cycle - conceptualization, design, development, Q/A, maintenance, and new version upgradation
Work closely with stakeholders on website, app, and internal product planning and execution.
Provide technical leadership in the end to end design, development, and testing of solutions
Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design, and implementation
Sound Knowledge of testing methodologies including automation testing
Handle and address any issues regarding the development: technical difficulty or team management & get all issues resolved by coordinating with other technical experts or if required by any other department for the same
Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/consultants/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
Maintaining an Agile environment and meeting the product delivery deadlines
Lead and manage the day to day activities of their team
Establish and maintain a proper communication channel among all the stakeholders and report and escalate the same to management as needed
Tracking the status of the team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules in coordination with the other stakeholders
Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning
Conduct module-level work effort estimations and integrate for the whole system
Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
Should have at least 3.5+ years of experience in mobile application development experience with at least two apps that are on the app store that you are proud to discuss with us
You should be familiar with the Cloud Technologies
You should be familiar with the Web Architecture
You should be familiar with the Mobile Architecture especially MVVM
Consistently demonstrated ability of Tech Lead in current role
5+ Years of relevant industry experience
Certified: AWS Solution Architect (Preferred but not mandatory)