Why settle for a good job when you can have a great one..
What makes a job great
A great job satisfies your craving for intellectual challenge and creative energy. It fulfills your need to see your work impact the world in a meaningful way. It catalyses your development and personal growth. All this over and above financial factors like a good salary, benefits, and growth potential.
That’s what IDfy offers you. The opportunity to build products that will bring 3 Billion people into the formal economy in the next 5 years. Products that drive financial inclusion for the genuine while keeping businesses protected from fraud. A work environment that propels you to continuously learn, innovate and grow.
Who are we looking for?
● Work break-down and orchestrating the development of components for each sprint
● Leading a team with a hands-on approach. Overall, 10-15 years of experience would be preferred.
● Architecture and Designing Key Components and frameworks.
● Developing “Zero Defect Software” which is secured, instrumented, and resilient
● Building Cloud-Native Applications that run on Cloud Platforms such as GCP / AWS
● Review design artifacts before implementation
● Review Test Case Stories in parallel with implementation
● Ensuring software developed passes static code analysis, performance, and load test
● Developing various kinds of components (such as UI Components, APIs, Business Components, Image Processing, etc.) that define the IDfy Platforms which drive cutting edge Fraud Detection and Analytics
● Developing software using Agile Methodology and tools that support the same.
● Inventing new approaches to detecting existing fraud. You will also stay off the game by predicting future fraud techniques and building solutions to prevent them.
● An understanding of Product Development Methodologies
● Strong design skills in defining API Data Contracts / OOAD / Microservices / Data Models
● You have sound knowledge for User Interface development using modern Web Frameworks such as React.
● Experience in developing software in the Cloud such as GCP / AWS
● A passion to explore new technologies and express yourself through technical blogs
● Exp in the Financial Services or the hi-tech sector
● Punctuality, discipline, and attention to detail
● Opinions and the confidence to express yourself
● Optimistic attitude towards problem-solving
Who is IDfy?
IDfy is the Fintech ScaleUp of the Year 2021. We build technology products that identify people accurately. This helps businesses prevent fraud and engage with the genuine with the least amount of friction.
If you have opened an account with HDFC Bank or ordered from Amazon and Zomato or transacted through Paytm and BharatPe or played on Dream11 and MPL, you might have already experienced IDfy. Without even knowing it. Well…that’s just how we roll.
Global credit rating giant TransUnion is an investor in IDfy. So are international venture capitalists like MegaDelta Capital, BEENEXT, and Dream Incubator. Blume Ventures is an early investor and continues to place their faith in us.
IDfy has run verifications on 100 million people. We have kept our 500 clients safe from fraud while helping the honest get the opportunities they deserve. Our 350-people strong family works and plays out of our offices in suburban Mumbai.
What’s it like working at IDfy?
We build products that detect and prevent fraud. At IDfy, you will apply your skills to stay one step ahead of fraudsters. You will be mind-mapping fraudsters’ modus operandi, predicting evolution of fraud techniques, and designing solutions to prevent new & emerging fraud.
At IDfy, you will work on the entire end-to-end solution rather than a small cog of a giant wheel.
Thanks to our problem-centric approach, one in which we find the right technology to solve a problem rather than the other way around, you will always be working on the latest technologies.
We work hard and party hard. There are weekly sessions on emerging technologies. Work weeks are usually capped off with board games, poker, karaoke and other fun activities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Si64GG30g&t=6s">This video will give you a flavour of IDfy.
Principal Engineer - IoT @REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 3
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 4
Engineering History @ Rebel
In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, it’s important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted about our journey to date. From the times when excel sheets served as our POS system at stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens - we have traversed the phone, web, and app channels over time. From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to be a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 300 locations across 30 cities in India and in a few international locations. The team of engineers at Rebel has built one of the most unique platforms in the world that can not only help operate a kitchen with multiple brands but also aids in operating business at scale. To give you additional perspective, the team has built more than 40+ products in the last 4.5 years. The innovation spans through technologies like polygon architecture (dynamic delivery radius) for a multi-brand operation from a kitchen, to managing each step of the kitchen ops — queuing, load/prep time, batching of orders, out of the door algorithms; inventory prediction based on consumption data, personal recommendation engine, deep integration with every aggregator, last-mile delivery app, CRM systems, multiple brand websites and apps, reporting and analytics systems, and more. Everything that was mentioned has been built on a tech stack developed by our Engineers. This enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business supremely efficient and optimized.
Future of Engineering @ Rebel
We are now building Engineering 2.0 at our company. The vision is to make technology the Brain (AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics led automation at our Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency), and the Mind (building an AI/ ML-driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web, and voice, like Netflix of food) at Rebel. This will mean working across technologies and product/engineering teams to build solutions that would be “first - time” in the world. Engineering @ Rebel will break new grounds.
You will be a senior member of the Rebel IoT platform development team. As a Principal Engineer-Internet of Things, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable and distributed big data warehouse and analytics platform using the latest cloud based technologies. You will be involved in designing a multi-tenant, highly scalable, big data analytics platform using AWS technologies. You will lead the overall design and architecture of core platform services of Rebel IoT platform ensuring it supports horizontal scaling to support data I/O for thousands of IoT devices in the kitchen.
- Architecture, design and development of a multi-tenant and big data ingestion and processing platform using the latest AWS technologies.
- Partner with other teams and development leaders to ensure overall architecture and design are aligned with cloud development best practices.
- Work closely with development teams working on vertical applications that use the platform core services.
- Develop platform core services that makes vertical application development faster and consistent with the overall design of the entire ecosystem.
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to set strategic direction for the platform.
- Work with 3rd party partners and cities to build solutions and integrate with the core platform services.
- Develop API and support 3rd party development ecosystem for partners to develop applications on top of the platform.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or 6 or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in software development.
- Three or more years as technical lead or architect designing and building distributed systems and cloud services
- Experience with building scalable ingestion and data processing applications
- Experience in one or more cloud providerslike GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience in IOT
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Three or more years of in-depth experience of AWS technologies.
- Three or more years of experience developing multi-tenant and high throughput data ingestion on public cloud.
- Strong foundation skills in Java, NodeJs
- Experience developing in one or more SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience debugging and monitoring cloud applications using Graphite/Grafana, ELK, Google Prometheus, Datadog.
- Ability to make meaningful technical and business trade-offs with extensive knowledge of architectural patterns for scalability, technologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of leading a development team, collaborating with product managers, architects and designers in delivering products on time using Agile.
The Rebel Culture
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
HyperTest is the fastest growing SaaS company in the field of quality assurance and Testing growing 25% MoM and flagging 1M+ errors for its clients every month
How It Works
HyperTest is an on-premise utility that helps businesses ship software faster and with better quality. It automatically tests for all failures and bugs in their applications much before releases. Engineering teams struggle with writing & maintaining their own tests or use a team of manual testers.
With HyperTest they can now instead focus only on building software (faster), automating the entire QA process.
We believe as the complexity of the application grows, HyperTest's simple technique to test app services in aggregate minimises the effort from developers to catch errors and fix them
Where are we now
HyperTest is funded from marquee VC firms like Axilor Capital, Touchstone and distinguished angel investors. The founding team has spent 12+ years between them building and scaling products for OYORooms to India's largest restaurant SaaS company and are alumni of IIT Bombay & Georgia Tech with degrees in CS and Data Science
HyperTest is currently used by 20+ small to large companies alike including Nykaa, Groww, Moglix, Shiprocket, 1mg, Etmoney, Cashify etc
We are looking for Head of Engineering who:
- Have (5-6yrs) experience working preferably in a product company before and understand the culture of moving fast and breaking things. Any additional experience is a plus.
- Work with CXOs to understand the business and build relevant solutions
- Engage in the end-to-end life cycle of product - from design to product launch
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Design and build the Engineering team; define the right culture for the team
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and fast delivery. Data driven approach is a must
- Lead the cost/benefit analysis of technology evaluations, decisions, and roadmap planning for architecture and technical migration
- Exclusively use and enable teams to adopt and follow best practices in code development and deployment.
- Evaluate and improvise appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of products.
- Are open to work in a flat, non-hierarchical setup where daily focus is only shipping features not reporting to managers
- Are relentless problem-solvers and not scared easily from new engineering problems or speaking out in public or privately
- UG/PG degree in computer sciences, IT from top tier college in India preferable
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
- Occasional sponsored trips to Himalayas (all company funded) and unlimited supply of caffeine
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
Companies we admire for their culture and success:
37 Signals (BaseCamp), Intercom, Front, Stripe, Notion.io, Airtable, FreshDesk, Zoho, Wingify (VWO), CleverTap
Books that are a MUST read for people at HyperTest:
Lean Startup, Recode, Never Split the difference: Negotiating like your life depends on it, Culture Code, Rise of the SuperMan, Negotiation Genius, The Subtle Art of Not giving a F***
You need to write scalable Golang code for developing and implementing robust applications. You would indulge your dedication and passion to build server-side logic ensuring low-latency and high-end performance. You should have sound knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices.
YOUR ‘OKR’ SUMMARY
OKR means Objective and Key Results.
As a Senior Development Engineer at Coredge, you will help develop our next-generation cloud native core
solution along with the product and the open-source community to build the Coredge.io vision
What you will do?
- System engineering and implementation in Golang.
- Working on performance issues using creative experiments and internally developed product features.
- Research, propose, and integrate relevant open-source projects based on product objectives.
- Write organized, efficient, and well-documented Python/Golang code as an example for junior engineers.
- Participation in all levels of product definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Must include the ability to discuss abstract system architectures from ideas through implementation and
creatively apply domain experience to solve technical challenges.
- Mentoring software engineers, fostering an environment of trust and accountability.
What you will need?
A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. As an integral part of the development team, you will need the
following skills to succeed.
- Strong Golang skills to develop a framework(s).
- Hands-on to design & develop re-usable framework components.
- Hands-on experience in developing the framework, designing re-usable framework components.
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, Continuous Integration, building highly scalable applications, application security, and functional programming.
- Knowledge of Cloud-native would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Kubernetes from the Architecture side and also understanding the Standard API.
- Code contributed to CNCF or a similar community will be a plus.
- Performance benchmarking of K8’s or any cloud will be added advantage
- Deep understanding of technology and passion about what you do.
- Background in designing high performant scalable software systems with a strong focus to optimize hardware cost.
- Solid collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to get the most performance out of a system being worked on.
- Prior development of a large software project using service-oriented architecture operating with real time constraint.
What's In It for You?
- You will get a chance to work on cloud-native and hyper-scale products
- You will be working with industry leaders in cloud.
- You can expect a steep learning curve.
- You will get the experience of solving real time problems, eventually you become a problem solver.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Open Learning - 100% Reimbursement for online technical courses.
- Fast Growth - opportunities to grow quickly and surely
- Creative Freedom + Flat hierarchy
- Sponsorship to all those employees who represent company in events and meet ups.
- Flexible working hours
- 5 days week
- Hybrid Working model (Office and WFH)
Our Hiring Process:
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process as follows (subject to successful clearing of every round)
- Initial Resume screening call with our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to solve coding exercises.
- Next, candidates will be invited for first technical interview
- Next, candidates will be invited for final technical interview
- Finally, candidates will be invited for Culture Plus interview with HR
- Candidates may be asked to interview with the Leadership team
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a mix of telephonic and video call.
So, if you are looking at an opportunity to really make a difference- make it with us…
Coredge.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable central, state or local laws.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant
- Contribute to discussion on software architecture while mentoring a team of
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems
- Lead teams in the development of new products, solutions, processes, and implementation of cost management
- Communicates technical information to stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier
- Prior 7+ years of relevant experience in a start-up or a dynamic work
- Proven supervisory and technical
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA a plus
- Lead the tech team on daily project development including legacy system refactor and new feature implementation
- At least 4+ years of people management experience.
- Design, build and maintain our trading systems that deal with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our trading systems.
- Liaise with business, product team members, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Experience in leading a team to design and build services that are highly scalable and robust.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one of the following languages: Go (preferred).
- Solid knowledge of multithreading, enterprise integration pattern, microservice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Experience in crypto exchange development.
- Experience in building systems in the finance industry.
- Familiar with DevOps work with AWS or GCP
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organization
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
What is the role?
You will be responsible for architecting and developing features on the application end to end. You will be responsible for the functional/technical track of the project. Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes.
- Design and develop SaaS-based applications based on microservices architecture.
- Work on the core backend and ensure it meets the performance benchmarks.
- Work on the front-end with ReactJS.
- Designing and developing APIs for the front-end to consume.
- Constantly improve the architecture of the application by clearing the technical backlog.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages).
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match all of it. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Education - B.Tech/MCA or equivalent.
- Overall 10 to 12 years of experience.
- Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks.
- Worked on open source technologies – NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Columnar DBs
- Backend exposure – good knowledge of building API using Node or Lambda or python.
- Good understanding of ELK, Kafka, Redis and CDN .
- Worked on serverless technologies and good understanding of CMS.
- Efficient in building microservices in combining server & front-end.
- Good understanding of AWS and its technologies.
- Should be innovative and communicative in approach and should be hands on coding guru
- Will be responsible for the functional/technical track of a product.
- Experience with Scaling SAAS products and ability to design from scratch.
- Ability to manage a small team of 5 -10 Developers/QA Engineers and guide them on the design and coding best practices.
Whom will you work with?
You will work with a top-notch tech team, working closely with the architect and engineering head.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality of content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. However, we assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.
● Mentor and lead more junior developers.
● Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
● Operate across our evolving technology stack - Java, React, SQL, and more.
● Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, and maintenance.
● Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Analytics as well as other functional teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our customers.
● Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world (US, Canada, UK, etc.).
Your Responsibilities :
1. Orchestrate the design, development and delivery with high quality, performance and scale.
2. Develop road-maps for system and product growth, and then ensure timely execution and delivery.
3. Have high technical competence, strong technical background with a proven technical track record.
4. A strong collaborative mindset to work closely with your peers in various teams like Product Management, Design, Quality Assurance and more to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
5. Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development processes.
6. Define a long term talent strategy across technologies. Provide supervision, mentoring and development opportunities for associates and managers who report into you
7. A zeal for solving customer problems, and the cascading the same passion within your team.
8. Drive for innovation and improvement - encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes, and culture; keeping them agile and creative
Required Skills :
2. Hands-on experience in developing, designing & scaling complex systems
3. Start-up experience to scale the organization and influence engineers.
4. Strong sense of ownership and accountability
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
6. Understanding of business processes and the application of technology to implement them.