● The machine learning team is a self-contained team of 9 people responsible for building models and services that support key workflows for IDfy.
● Our models are gating criteria for these workflows and as such are expected to perform accurately and quickly. We use a mix of conventional and hand-crafted deep learning models.
● The team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We have ex-bankers, startup founders, IIT-ians, and more.
● We work directly with business and product teams to craft solutions for our customers. We know that we are, and function as a platform and not a services company.
● Be working on all aspects of a production machine learning system. You will be acquiring data, training and building models, deploying models, building API services for exposing these models, maintaining them in production, and more.
● Work on performance tuning of models
● From time to time work on support and debugging of these production systems
● Work on researching the latest technology in the areas of our interest and applying it to build newer products and enhancement of the existing platform.
● Building workflows for training and production systems
● Contribute to documentation
● You are an early-career machine learning engineer (or data scientist). Our ideal candidate is
someone with 1-3 years of experience in data science.
● You have a good understanding of Python and Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or Pytorch. Our systems are built with these tools/language and we expect a strong base in these.
● You are proficient at exploratory analysis and know which model to use in most scenarios
● You should have worked on framing and solving problems with the application of machine learning or deep learning models.
● You have some experience in building and delivering complete or part AI solutions
● You appreciate that the role of the Machine Learning engineer is not only modeling, but also building product solutions and you strive towards this.
● Enthusiasm and drive to learn and assimilate the state of art research. A lot of what we are building will require innovative approaches using newly researched models and applications.
Good to Have
● Knowledge of and experience in computer vision. While a large part of our work revolves around computer
vision, we believe this is something you can learn on the job.
● We build our own services, hence we would want you to have some knowledge of writing APIs.
● Our stack also includes languages like Ruby, Go, and Elixir. We would love it if you know any of these or take an interest in functional programming.
● Knowledge of and experience in ML Ops and tooling would be a welcome addition. We use Docker and Kubernetes for deploying our services.
We are an emerging Artificial Intelligence-based startup trying to cater to the need of industries that employ cutting-edge technologies for their operations. Currently, we are into and provide services to disruptive sectors such as drone tech, video surveillance, human-computer interaction, etc. In general, we believe that AI has the ability to shape the future of humanity and we aim to work towards spearheading this transition.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly motivated data scientist with a strong algorithmic mindset and problem-solving propensity.
Since we are operating in a highly competitive market, every opportunity to increase efficiency and cut costs is critical and the candidate should have an eye for such opportunities. We are constantly innovating – working on novel hardware and software – so a high level of flexibility and celerity in learning is expected.
- Design machine learning / deep learning models for products and client projects.
- Creating and managing data pipelines.
- Exploring new SOTA models and data handling techniques.
- Coordinate with software development teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Explore new promising technology and implement it to create awesome stuff.
- Must have:
- Pandas, Numpy
- Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Good to have:
- Spacy, NLTK
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work on a lot of new cutting-edge technologies: We promise you rapid growth on your skillset by providing you with a steep learning curve.
- Opportunity to work closely with our experienced founding members who are experts in developing scalable practical AI products and software architecture development.
● Research and develop advanced statistical and machine learning models for
analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data.
● Dig deeper into data, understand characteristics of data, evaluate alternate
models and validate hypothesis through theoretical and empirical approaches.
● Productize proven or working models into production quality code.
● Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams in
Business Units to elicit & understand their requirements & challenges and
develop potential solutions
● Stay current with latest research and technology ideas; share knowledge by
clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
● File patents for innovative solutions that add to company's IP portfolio
● 4 to 6 years of strong experience in data mining, machine learning and
● BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas
from Premier institutes (only IITs / IISc / BITS / Top NITs or top US university
● Experience in productizing models to code in a fast-paced start-up
● Expertise in Python programming language and fluency in analytical tools
such as Matlab, R, Weka etc.
● Strong intuition for data and Keen aptitude on large scale data analysis
● Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Your responsibilities:
- Build, improve and extend NLP capabilities
- Research and evaluate different approaches to NLP problems
- Must be able to write code that is well designed, produce deliverable results
- Write code that scales and can be deployed to production
- Fundamentals of statistical methods is a must
- Experience in named entity recognition, POS Tagging, Lemmatization, vector representations of textual data and neural networks - RNN, LSTM
- A solid foundation in Python, data structures, algorithms, and general software development skills.
- Ability to apply machine learning to problems that deal with language
- Engineering ability to build robustly scalable pipelines
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with a strong product focus
Create data funnels to feed into models via web, structured and unstructured data
Maintain coding standards using SDLC, Git, AWS deployments etc
Keep abreast of developments in the field
Deploy models in production and monitor them
Documentations of processes and logic
Take ownership of the solution from code to deployment and performance
PriceLabs (https://www.chicagobusiness.com/innovators/what-if-you-could-adjust-prices-meet-demand" target="_blank">chicagobusiness.com/innovators/what-if-you-could-adjust-prices-meet-demand) is a cloud based software for vacation and short term rentals to help them dynamically manage prices just the way large hotels and airlines do! Our mission is to help small businesses in the travel and tourism industry by giving them access to advanced analytical systems that are often restricted to large companies.
We're looking for someone with strong analytical capabilities who wants to understand how our current architecture and algorithms work, and help us design and develop long lasting solutions to address those. Depending on the needs of the day, the role will come with a good mix of team-work, following our best practices, introducing us to industry best practices, independent thinking, and ownership of your work.
- Design, develop and enhance our pricing algorithms to enable new capabilities.
- Process, analyze, model, and visualize findings from our market level supply and demand data.
- Build and enhance internal and customer facing dashboards to better track metrics and trends that help customers use PriceLabs in a better way.
- Take ownership of product ideas and design discussions.
- Occasional travel to conferences to interact with prospective users and partners, and learn where the industry is headed.
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph. D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative/engineering fields.
- Strong understanding of analysis of algorithms, data structures and statistics.
- Solid programming experience. Including being able to quickly prototype an idea and test it out.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and willingness to explain complicated algorithms and concepts in simple terms.
- Experience with relational databases and strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience building data heavy analytical models in the travel industry.
- Experience in the vacation rental industry.
- Experience developing dynamic pricing models.
- Prior experience working at a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to wear many hats.
We are looking for an engineer with ML/DL background.
Ideal candidate should have the following skillset
3) Experience building and deploying systems
4) Experience with Theano/Torch/Caffe/Keras all useful
5) Experience Data warehousing/storage/management would be a plus
6) Experience writing production software would be a plus
7) Ideal candidate should have developed their own DL architechtures apart from using open source architechtures.
8) Ideal candidate would have extensive experience with computer vision applications
Candidates would be responsible for building Deep Learning models to solve specific problems. Workflow would look as follows:
1) Define Problem Statement (input -> output)
2) Preprocess Data
3) Build DL model
4) Test on different datasets using Transfer Learning
5) Parameter Tuning
6) Deployment to production
Candidate should have experience working on Deep Learning with an engineering degree from a top tier institute (preferably IIT/BITS or equivalent)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of applications with technologies involving Enterprise Java and Distributed technologies.
- Experience in Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, SQL, Kibana, Python, experience w/ machine learning and Analytics etc.
- Collaborate with developers, product manager, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements..
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Assist in the design and implementation process for new products, research and create POC for possible solutions.
- Develop components based on business and/or application requirements
- Create unit tests in accordance with team policies & procedures
- Advise, and mentor team members in specialized technical areas as well as fulfill administrative duties as defined by support process
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
· Advanced Spark Programming Skills
· Advanced Python Skills
· Data Engineering ETL and ELT Skills
· Expertise on Streaming data
· Experience in Hadoop eco system
· Basic understanding of Cloud Platforms
· Technical Design Skills, Alternative approaches
· Hands on expertise on writing UDF’s
· Hands on expertise on streaming data ingestion
· Be able to independently tune spark scripts
· Advanced Debugging skills & Large Volume data handling.
· Independently breakdown and plan technical Tasks