Role: Platform and Infrastructure Engineer SDE3
Title: Platform and Infrastructure Engineer SDE3
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully remote.
Lummo (formerly Bukukas) is a SaaS startup seeking to empower entrepreneurs and brands in SEA to accelerate their growth and to serve their customers by giving them the best technology and partner solutions. Lummo offers localized solutions made for SEA, thereby shining the spotlight on entrepreneurs and brands, enabling them to discover all possibilities to grow their business. Lummo was founded as BukuKas in 2019 by serial entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo Peracchione.
The journey started with BukuKas, an app to digitize the physical record-keeping books by enabling micro and small enterprises to record their sales, expenses, and cash transactions at ease using their smartphone.
Lummo's flagship product, LummoSHOP (formerly Tokko), helps growth-oriented entrepreneurs and brands unlock their full potential by helping them build a strong relationship with their consumers by selling to them directly (D2C), maximize operational efficiency across multiple channels & build their own brand online.
Backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, CapitalG (Google’s venture fund), Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and entrepreneurs like Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Taavet Hinrikus (Founder, TransferWise), Sandeep Tandon (FreeCharge), Santiago Sosa (Founder, Nuvemshop), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Having raised more than $150 Million in funding with the backing of marquee global investors, Lummo has built a world-class team with top talent from across the world and is well poised to become a legendary SaaS company that will last beyond our lifetimes
We have recently received C series funding in January 2022, read more about us here
Requirements / Responsibilities
- You have experience of 7-8 years in building high-performance consumer-facing mobile applications at Product companies of a decent scale.
- You have experience developing products on Kubernetes and cloud providers like GCP and AWS.
- You know and have worked on service meshes like Istio, Linkerd.
- You can write, code and have experience in writing platform-level components. [ex Golang, python]
- You have experience with debugging production issues and writing RCAs.
- You have demonstrable stories of being on-call and how outages have been handled.
- You understand change management in-depth and are opinionated on the steps to push the change to production.
- You have worked with Cloud Native (CNCF) technologies.
- You have worked on Distributed Systems.
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that start-ups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
What do we offer?
- The ability for you to make an impact and lay a foundation for the upcoming fin-tech innovations
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and flexible leave policy
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential? If yes, Lummo is the perfect place for you!
place for you!
A network of the world's best developers - full-time, long-term remote software jobs with better compensation and career growth. We enable our clients to accelerate their Cloud Offering and Capitalize on Cloud. We have our own IoT/AI platform and we provide professional services on that platform to build custom clouds for their IoT devices. We also build mobile apps, run 24x7 DevOps/site reliability engineering for our clients.
We are looking for a friendly, very hands-on technical, and dependable professional with plenty of experience as a backend & cloud engineer to provide site reliability services to our internal teams and end customers. We expect you to deliver with TOP quality & high speed. You must have experience developing and designing amazing UI screens.
This person MUST have:
- BE Computer Science or equivalent
- Cloud app development experience.
- Strong Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A strong passion for writing simple, clean, and efficient code.
- 3 years of experience with the Django framework and other backend technologies.
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Experience with building, modifying, and extending API endpoints (REST or GraphQL) for data retrieval and persistence.
- Understand how to use a database like Postgres (preferred choice), SQLite, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience creating high-performance applications.
- Experience with messaging and broker tools - Rabbitmq, MQTT
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
- Knowledge of web services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git.
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation/Terraform
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience in Linux environment.
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes/Docker orchestration.
- Manges existing infrastructure/Pipelines/Engineering tools (On-Prem or AWS) for the engineering team (Build servers/Jenkins nodes etc.)
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing skills.
- Handle customer calls/emails regarding technical issues for end-users.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Min 3 year experience
- Ahmedabad Office Or,
- Work from home
- 40 hours a week with a rotational shift every month.
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives, etc.
- We don't believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 30 days notice period
Candidate MUST HAVE product-based company experience and a minimum of 3years of experience in DevOps.
What you will do (or learn) :
1. Build our application stack on AWS. Infrastructure as code (read Terraform)
2. Build state-of-the-art CI/CD pipelines.
3. Manage data warehouses and data pipelines.
4. Work on infrastructure and data security.
5. State-of-the-art log management system and tooling around them.
6. Monitoring and alerting system.
What do we expect from you?
1. 3 to 10 years of experience with DevOps or SRE principles.
2. Good fundamentals of database management and other distributed systems management.
3. Experience in infrastructure as code or other configuration management systems.
4. Experience in scripting languages (like bash, python, go lang etc.)
5. Good understanding of Linux systems
6. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
7. Experience in tooling around monitoring, CI/CD, log management systems.
● 4-8 years experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
● Experience with Linux systems and/OR Windows servers
● Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
● Hands on experience with AWS services (EKS, ECS, EC2, VPC, RDS, Lambda, GKE, Compute Engine)
● Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
● Logging and Monitoring tools (ELK, Stackdriver, CloudWatch)
● DevOps Technologies
● Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet,
● Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker,
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing Availability, Performance, Capacity of infrastructure and applications.
- Building and implementing observability for applications health/performance/capacity.
- Optimizing On-call rotations and processes.
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge.
- Managing Infra-platforms like Mesos/Kubernetes,CICD,Observability (Prometheus/New Relic/ELK),Cloud Platforms (AWS/ Azure),Databases,Data Platforms Infrastructure
- Providing help in onboarding new services with production readiness review process.
- Providing reports on services SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts and Operational Overhead.
- Working with Dev and Product teams to define SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts.
- Working with Dev team to have in depth understanding of the application architecture
and its bottlenecks.
- Identifying observability gaps in product services, infrastructure and working with stake
owners to fix it.
- Managing Outages and doing detailed RCA with developers and identifying ways to
avoid that situation.
- Managing/Automating upgrades of the infrastructure services.
- Automate toil work.
Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of total experience
- Experience as an SRE/DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer on large scale microservices and infrastructure.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn, and
- A deep understanding of computer science, software development, and networking principles.
- Demonstrated experience with languages, such as Python, Java, Golang etc.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and good understanding the various
linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc).
- Extensive experience in DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, GRPC, Routing and Load Balancing.
- Expertise in GitOps, Infrastructure as a Code tools such as Terraform etc.. and
- Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible.
- Expertise of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure
solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience in building CI/CD solutions with tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Spinnaker,
- Experience in managing and deploying containerized environments using Docker,
Mesos/Kubernetes is a plus.
The role Data Lead is responsible for handling the data journey in a product, handling aspects related to data security, data acquisition/retrieval, data massaging etc.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ensuring the Innovapptive products to be data enrich & data-efficient.
What You Bring to the Team:
A seasoned data engineer with a solid understanding of how data-rich SAAS products retrieve and consume data.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you need to possess the following attributes.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computers Engineering or equivalent degree in Computer Science
- 7-12 years of relevant experience
- This position addresses cloud data operations and classical database developer needs.
- Cloud Data Operations: Hands-on experience with Cloud Data Services on AWS (AWS RDS (MySQL, SQL Server) knowledge of latest cloud database service like Aurora server less DB etc.
- Hands-on experience in: Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Provisioning cloud (AWS) DB services.
- Installing DB servers on AWS (IAAS model).
- Blob storage (S3, EBS EFS etc.)
- Optimizing DB services.
- Performance tuning, DB service optimization.
- Building fault-tolerant cloud data services.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (documentDB, NoSQL), creating maintaining and consuming on cloud (AWS)
- Cloud Data security
- Hands-on experience with handling large data sets/transactions and operations.
- Exposure to data analytics and associated tools (Athena)
- Experience in handling Data Strategies, data life cycles in SAAS products.
- Exposure to cloud (AWS) networking.
- Query planning and optimization.
- Knowledge of GDPR, physical/logical/conceptual data segregation in multi-tenant applications.
- Data Modeling
- Enforcing the appropriate security compliance in Customer environments as agreed with the client’s Information Security Council
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
(deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance,
Helm charts) and Deployment and administration
of one or more of: ELK stack, Kafka, Prometheus
or Grafana with Working knowledge of at least
one cloud platform (GCP, AWS or Azure) & some
configuration management system (such as Salt
or Ansible).Good understanding of networking
concepts (architecture, components, protocols)
& Solid understanding of OS concepts and
internals of Linux is a must.
- We are looking for a Senior SRE with a proven track record of success leading complex cloud-hybrid environments. You will have:
- Strong sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others demonstrated through clear
- communication and collaboration.
- Skills to work independently with multiple global teams, developing, configuring, deploying, and operating our global infrastructure on AWS and on-prem.
- Operational experience in complex distributed and real-time systems, including experience with SLO/SLAs towards high availability,reliability and DR goals.
- DevOps experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes.
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Experience building and managing systems with tools including Kubernetes, Chef/Ansible/Puppet, Kafka, Docker, and Terraform.
- 5+ years experience in a Software and/or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Experience writing automation code in GoLang, Python or Java
- Experience developing and operating large scale distributed systems with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in running real time and low latency high available applications (Kafka, gRPC, RTP)
- Experience running public cloud environments on AWS
- Experience running hybrid clouds and on-prem infrastructures on Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
● Research, propose and evaluate with a 5-year vision, the architecture, design, technologies,
processes and profiles related to Telco Cloud.
● Participate in the creation of a realistic technical-strategic roadmap of the network to transform
it to Telco Cloud and be prepared for 5G.
● Using your deep technical expertise, you will provide detailed feedback to Product Management
and Engineering, as well as contribute directly to the platform code base to enhance both the
Customer experience of the service, as well as the SRE quality of life.
● The individual must be aware of trends in network infrastructure as well as within the network
engineering and OSS community. What technologies are being developed or launched?
● The individual should stay current with infrastructure trends in the telco network cloud domain.
● Be responsible for the Engineering of Lab and Production Telco Cloud environments, including
patches, upgrades, and reliability and performance improvements.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education and Technical Skills/Knowledge)
● Software Engineering degree, MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Years of experiences as an SRE, DevOps, Development and/or Support related role
● 0-5 years of professional experience for a junior position
● At least 8 years of professional experience for a senior position
● Unix server administration and tuning : Linux / RedHat / CentOS / Ubuntu
● You have deep knowledge in Networking Layers 1-4
● Cloud / Virtualization (at least two): Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud,
OpenStack, OpenShift, VMware vSphere / Tanzu
● You have in-depth knowledge of cloud storage solutions on top of AWS, GCP, Azure and/or
on-prem private cloud, such as Ceph, CephFS, GlusterFS
● DevOps: Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform
● Backend Knowledge Bash, Python, Go (other knowledge of Scripting Language is a plus).
● PaaS Level solutions such as Keycloak for IAM, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, DBaaS (such as MySQL,
About the Organisation:
The team at Coredge.io is a combination of experienced and young professionals alike having
many years of experience in working with Edge computing, Telecom application development
and Kubernetes. The company has continuously collaborated with the open source community,
universities and major industry players in furthering its goal of providing the industry with an
indispensable tool to offer improved services to its customers. Coredge.io has a global market
presence with its offices in US and New Delhi, India.
About the Role
Dremio’s SREs ensure that our internal and externally visible services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. You will be joining a newly formed team that will spearhead our efforts to launch a cloud service. This is an opportunity to join a very fast growth startup and help build a cloud service from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, monitoring/alerting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: SRE, DevOps, Cloud Operations, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Excellent command of cloud services on AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Have moderate-advanced experience in Java, C, C++, Python, Go or other object-oriented programming languages.
- You are Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.