An Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project. One of the most important skills that an engineering manager will have been their ability to effectively delegate the work. Their responsibilities usually include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project. Influences top management internally & externally (industry) to accept new ideas. Creates and conceptualizes solutions to Artivatic in specific discipline.
Objective of the position:
The objective of role revolves around creating processes and designs, as well as maintenance and operations duties in a variety of different disciplines. As an engineering manager, you must believe in the product and want to make it better to investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates. You will be able to work with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, sales team) to drive product directions design, and development.
Role and Responsibilities:
-Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality
-Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
-Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
-Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
-Engage with product management and CXO team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
-Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
-Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
-Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
-Be responsible for mentoring and developing front-line managers and engineers.
Mandatory traits/ skills
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade technologies
- Ability to handle entire lifecycle of project Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Worked on Tech stack right from UI UX designing, Front End, Backend, Devops and Testing
- Hands on experience in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis, specially about Python/Django/REST, etc
- Hands on experience in Front End technologies like Angular
- Understanding of Devops tools: Cloud Architecture, Jenkins & Docker
- Hands on experience in Testing tools (Python or Java with Selenium)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- -Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- -Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives
- -A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- -Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
About the company:
About the role:
We are currently building an exciting multi-category, digital first, direct to consumer, commerce business for
couple of new brands in Food & Fashion category. The Engineering Team forms the backbone of our
ecommerce business. We build and iterate over our core platform that handles orders, payments, delivery
promises, order tracking & logistics integrations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead its development across web, mobile and in-store devices.
You will be responsible to work closely with business leaders to understand the developer needs and device
solutions through developer tools and services. The role incumbent will be managing a team of in-house &
outsourced developers and will be responsible for defining the technical roadmap, project delivery and
maintenance of systems developed in-house. The incumbent will also be driving technology innovation with
integrations and external partners to fully leverage the latest solutions and technologies for servicing the
organization needs. This role will report to the Director-Engineering.
Location: Mumbai based preferably. We can also consider Bangalore based candidates.
Your core responsibilities will include Technical Guidance, Execution, Delivery & Team Management. You will
be working in a fast-paced and agile work environment delivering quality solutions that have immediate
Ownership of engineering features and components from concept, design, development &
Participate in the solution architecting, enterprise interface design and integration.
Work with users to understand requirements, and design scalable and efficient technology solutions.
Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and
interactions with other internal teams and external partners.
Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and
QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
Ensure teams follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing. Responsible
for code quality, review & release strategy.
Define and drive development team priorities and ensure delivery through in-house and vendor
Keep tab of latest technology trends and leverage it for improvements/changes in current setup to
increase efficiency, reduce maintenance cost and time to market.
Publish regular reports of activities and highlight potential risks.
Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor engineering team resources.
Required Qualification, Experience & skills:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
6-8 years of overall developer experience with a focus on programming in PHP, and a working
knowledge of android and IOS app development
Prior experience in managing a team of min 4-6 engineers
Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and
Experience of implementing Agile, Scrum & Iterative processes
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully
delivered to customers
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software
development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect
requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more
effective, product software engineers
Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from Web development, Mobile
app development, AWS, machine learning, large scale data platforms, service oriented architecture,
distributed systems design, android platform, front-end user interfaces, databases etc.
Founded in 2018, HighLevel LLC (www.gohighlevel.com) is a two tier B2B SaaS Platform focussed on Marketing Agencies. We aspire to be a one stop solution for marketing agencies. We enable agencies to serve their clients with ease using the best cutting edge tools of the industry. Our clientele includes digital marketing agencies, Ads agencies, SEO agencies, Call center / Sales agencies and freelancers. We operate across niches like real-estate, dental & medical, local businesses, e-commerce, professional services and field services.
Our platform comprises various product areas including CRM, funnel builder, website builder, forms & surveys, WordPress hosting, email marketing, telephony, reviews management, omni-box communications, social media, invoicing & payments to name a few. We currently service over 15,000 agencies and 120,000 small & medium businesses with a 200+ strong team that works remotely across 15 nations.
We encourage you to check out out youtube channel to learn more about out platform - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFiV4qDX5ipE-DQcsm1j4g
About the team
The Expansion Products team is responsible for driving volumetric & usage based upgrades and upsells within the platform to maximize revenue potential (apart from the subscription revenue). We do this by building innovative products & features that solve real-world problems for agencies and allow them to consolidate their offering to their clients in a single platform packaged under their white-labled brand.
The expansion products team focuses exclusively on products that can demonstrate adoption, drive up engagement in target segments and are easily monetizable. This team handles multiple product areas including Phone System, email system, online listing integration, WordPress Hosting, Memberships & Courses, Mobile Apps, etc.
Why should you join HighLevel?
HighLevel is an exciting place to work because of the passionate, driven team that we have. At HighLevel
- It’s never somebody else’s job
- We are passionately focused on adding value for our users
- We deliver fast using lean principles. We go to market in weeks instead of quarters
- A good idea always gets tested
- We take care of our team so our team can take care of our users
- We embrace that improvement is constant and iterative
- You will learn how to scale B2B SaaS Startup and build relevant, impactful products for customers
About the role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with strong technical and communication skills who has worked extensively on backend engineering systems that process large amounts of data at scale and managing services that handle thousands of requests every min.
Currently we process over a million messages and emails within our system every week. You will be responsible for strategizing, conceptualising and leading the development effort for the ISV team which will impact revenue generation for every agency in our platform for each message, call and email being processed.
Type - Full Time (Remote in India)
- Responsible for developing backend services to provide integrated Twilio and Mailgun/Sendgrid capabilities within the platform.
- Build a solid financial system to process rebilling for each message/email being processed.
- Creating/customizing various web applications in Node.js, Vue.js
- Lead and train a team of great engineers working with you.
- Writing clean, tested, manageable code for services that scale to affect thousands of users everyday.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
Your Core Skills
- Solid Experience in Backend engineering with Node.js.
- Proficient in dashboard development for various applications and should be comfortable understanding the flow of the software.
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases ex: MySQL / MongoDB / Firestore and have used them to build transactional systems.
- Hands-on experience in PHP and SOAP / REST-based Web Services development experience in a commercial environment
- Should have experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP).
- Ability to design and build web services, and integrations with third parties through API
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / SVN
- You have a deep understanding of micro-services architechture
- You have experience building event based systems (webhooks & listeners)
- Experience with GCP technologies
- Experience with Docker
- Experience integrating Twilio / Plivo or similar APIs.
- Experience with Mailgun / Sendgrid APIs.
- Familiarity with banking / transactional applications.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
- You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organisations.
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time.
- Above 8 years of experience with technology depth as well as good people skills.
- A BE/BTech in Computer Science or some equivalent academic stance.
- Have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/dev center.
- Able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation.
- Great people skills to closely work with other teams.
- Product Management, Business Development, and Operations, all need your expertise to ensure superior solutions match our scale of operations.
- Very high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Ability to play the role of the architect for the team.
- Engineering Management, Python, Distributed Systems, Architecture, Data Structures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance, and various services organizations.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time and within budget.
- Work with the CTO, Directors, PM, and Business to develop a long-term product plan, products and manage the release planning cycles for all products
- Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team, assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting product deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and managing a skills escalation and career trajectory path for the product engineering organization.
- Responsible for implementing tools and processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Delivery on project timelines emphasis key deliverables
- Ensure legacy application platform and a stable production environment.
- Ensure controlled releases to production, with amongst other measures, stringent code reviews from standards and performance perspectives. Use metrics to demonstrate success.
- Decisive with team decisions and lead and support the team
- Understand all products with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business and ensure appropriate availability and stability to the Business.
- 7-10 Yrs/Industry -Internet/ Educational Qualification - B.Tech (Computer science mandatory) from prem. institute
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various Development practices and programming languages
- Ability to work with multiple levels in the organization with key business holders
- Preferred if has past experience around Customer Account Mgmt System.
- Preferred if worked Supply - Chain Model.Specifically around Demand and different dimension of demand generation and management
- Excellent with Tech Stack like Java
- Should have awareness of best practices for Software development
- Should be keen on delivering a top-notch product.
- 9-15 years of software development experience, with managerial capacity
• Survey organization to acquire understanding of current practices, strengths, weaknesses
• Identify productivity and quality metrics
• Establish program to collect, analyse and report metrics
• Survey market for developer and QA screening tools
• Screen existing program resources to baseline capabilities
• Assess current team against industry benchmarks
• Identify improvement areas
• Establish get well plan for each improvement area
• Survey market for online training programs to address areas of weakness
• Oversee employee training initiatives associated with improvement initiative
• Build and manage the continuous process improvement program
Long Term Responsibilities
• Provides leadership and direction for engineering resources across regions
• Deploys resources to achieve financial and business objectives
• Leverages relationships with key internal/external customers to support business needs
• Manages and deploys resources within and/or across multiple customers
• Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems
• Negotiates with and /influences customers and/or organizational leadership to set priorities and solidify
• Leverages the performance management cycle to motivate employees and support achievement
• Directs preparation of work plans, supervise engineering teams
• Supervises daily activities of engineering personnel including technical and administrative support and
ensures that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget
• Functions as seller-doer, developing client contacts and relationships, preparing estimates,
• Represents the company to client and supports client relationships
• Organizes work to meet deadlines set by others
• Builds team effectiveness skills within work team
• May be responsible for engineering phases of planning and execution of the largest and most complex
• Participates in staffing decisions for proposals and projects, works with HR/Recruitment to recruit and
hire staff as needed to execute proposals and projects.
• Experience managing software development organizations with greater than 100 resources
• Experience leading software efficiency improvement programs
• Experience with mobile app and server development
• Understanding of the process differences between product development and professional services
• Minimum 15 years of experience managing software engineering resources
• Degree in computing or engineering
• Team Lead (6-8 yrs of total experience), minimum 3 years of Team Lead exp. required
• Knowledge of full technology stack and experience of leading a team
• Proposing right data structures
• Deciding the right technology stack
• Process Flow Designing
• JIRA tool (Project management tool)
• Lead end-to-end IT needs of the division and build a strong full-stack delivery team
• Lead directly (hands-on) the building and running of best-in class platform for online learning
and application portal
• Incorporate key features including adaptive learning, analytics tracking capabilities,
streamlining application processes on the portal, machine learning for automatic university
• Ensure scalability, performance, resilience and device portability of the platform, including
adequate backups, disaster recovery, pen testing, network security etc. to avoid data
breaches, given the high volume of sensitive data
• Lead collaboration with the development teams, project management, IT service and support
teams and other to support their activities, respond to their needs and respond to incidents
Ideally, you’d also have experience with:
• Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
• Kafka, Amazon MQ, RabbitMQ or similar streaming or messaging systems
• EdTech, eCommerce, or content-management software
• Relational databases, ORM frameworks, and their alternatives
• Microservices or SOA; RESTful APIs, JSON
• AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack
• DevOps, Observability, Infrastructure as Code
• As a leader, you will be Facilitating discussions and lead decision-making on all
engineering aspects of his/her team.
• Able to define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Drive engineering best practices for the team.
• Define, implement and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering
and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership.
• Responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team.
• Challenging business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution, and
be accountable for engineering outputs
• Hiring, mentoring and retaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Responsible for all stakeholder management including but not limited to business,product, operations, and clients/vendors
• BTech, MTech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or
• 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in leading teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex
technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Past experience with startups and fast-paced environments is an added advantage
• As a leader, you must have proven skills in designing and developing simple to complex
solutions including experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed
• Proven track record building and managing high-performing software development
• Practical experience and ability to drive design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members in the team.
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to bel responsible for planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
To join us, you need to demonstrate the ability for hands-on leadership and ensure you can offer guidance and support, as well as assisting developers at code level.
As an Engineering Manager in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Coordinate team activities with product managements, support, and other interfaces
To be an Engineering Manager in JFrog you need...
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
Looking for Software Architects @ WinSoft Technologies (I) Pvt Ltd
Winsoft Technologies is offering experienced software developers and architects an unparalleled product engineering opportunity in cutting edge Software Defined Network (SDN) space, with fast-growing clients in the USA and Europe.
We are a talented team of software professionals with a strong technology and domain focused growth culture. You can look forward to an open, flexible working environment combined with a generous CTC package.
We invite the following individuals to contact us and have a conversation about this opportunity:
1) Senior Software Architect / Systems Designer (experience level: 7+ years)
An expert having experience with a large variety of multi-tier architectures, aware of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of Java-based solutions, collaborate with multiple teams to provide efficient and innovative solutions to business requirements preferably in the networking domain and have good understanding & experience of high-performance micro-services scale & real-time response systems.
If you take pride in your work and desire to leave a mark on the industry do consider joining our specialized team of engineers.