One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and
Technology Team & Culture
- Designing and implementing fine-tuned production ready data/ML pipelines in Hadoop platform.
- Driving optimization, testing and tooling to improve quality.
- Reviewing and approving high level & amp; detailed design to ensure that the solution delivers to the business needs and aligns to the data & analytics architecture principles and roadmap.
- Understanding business requirements and solution design to develop and implement solutions that adhere to big data architectural guidelines and address business requirements.
- Following proper SDLC (Code review, sprint process).
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Building robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users.
- Understanding various data security standards and using secure data security tools to apply and adhere to the required data controls for user access in the Hadoop platform.
- Supporting and contributing to development guidelines and standards for data ingestion.
- Working with a data scientist and business analytics team to assist in data ingestion and data related technical issues.
- Designing and documenting the development & deployment flow.
- Experience in developing rest API services using one of the Scala frameworks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize complex queries on the Spark platform
- Expert in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data/ML pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Knowledge in modelling unstructured to structured data design.
- Experience in Big Data access and storage techniques.
- Experience in doing cost estimation based on the design and development.
- Excellent debugging skills for the technical stack mentioned above which even includes analyzing server logs and application logs.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, proactive, and ability to propose best design solutions.
- Good time management and multitasking skills to work to deadlines by working independently and as a part of a team.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Games Optimisation Analyst you will be responsible for optimising in-game features and design, utilising A-B testing and multivariate testing of in-game components.
What you will be doing
- Investigate how millions of players interact with Kwalee games.
- Perform statistical analysis to quantify the relationships between game elements and player engagement.
- Design experiments which extract the most valuable information in the shortest time.
- Develop testing plans which reveal complex interactions between game elements.
- Collaborate with the design team to come up with the most effective tests.
- Regularly communicate results with development, management and data science teams.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences
- A record of outstanding problem solving ability in a commercial or academic setting
- Experience using Python for data analysis and visualisation.
- An excellent knowledge of statistical testing and experiment design.
- Experience manipulating data in SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian logistics services market. With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 7 Lakh + Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5+ Million in a Pre-Series A round from RTP Global along with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors include Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Co-founders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook.
Manager Data Science:
We at Vahak, are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Manager of Data Science, to join our young & diverse team.You will play a key role in the data science group, working with different teams, identifying the use cases that could be solved by application of data science techniques.
Our goal as a group is to drive powerful, big data analytics products with scalable results.We love people who are humble and collaborative with hunger for excellence.
- Mine and Analyze end to end business data and generate actionable insights. Work will involve analyzing Customer transaction data, Marketing Campaign performance analysis, identifying process bottlenecks, business performance analysis etc.
- Identify data driven opportunities to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Collaborate with Product and growth teams to test and learn at unprecedented pace and help the team achieve substantial upside in key metrics
- Actively participate in the OKR process and help team democratize the key KPIs and metrics that drive various objectives
- Comfortable with digital marketing campaign concepts, use of marketing campaign platforms such as Google Adwords and Facebook Ads
- Responsible for design of algorithms that require different advanced analytics techniques and heuristics to work together
- Create dashboard and visualization from scratch and present data in logical manner to all the stakeholders
- Collaborates with internal teams to create actionable items based off analysis; works with the datasets to conduct complex quantitative analysis and helps drive the innovation for our customers
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Engineering, Science, Maths, Economics or other quantitative fields. MBA is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of proven experience working in Data Science field preferably in ecommerce/web based or consumer technology companies
- Thorough understanding of implementation and analysis of product and marketing metrics at scale
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Fluency in statistical computer languages like SQL, Python, R as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiments designs and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Should have worked in a relational database like Oracle or Mysql, experience in Big Data systems like Bigquery or Redshift a definite plus
- Experience using business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
Responsibilities: - Write and maintain production level code in Python for deploying machine learning models - Create and maintain deployment pipelines through CI/CD tools (preferribly GitLab CI) - Implement alerts and monitoring for prediction accuracy and data drift detection - Implement automated pipelines for training and replacing models - Work closely with with the data science team to deploy new models to production Required Qualifications: - Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, IT or a related discipline. - 2+ years of experience in software engineering or data engineering. - Programming experience in Python - Experience in data profiling, ETL development, testing and implementation - Experience in deploying machine learning models
Good to have: - Experience in AWS resources for ML and data engineering (SageMaker, Glue, Athena, Redshift, S3) - Experience in deploying TensorFlow models - Experience in deploying and managing ML Flow
- Does analytics to extract insights from raw historical data of the organization.
- Generates usable training dataset for any/all MV projects with the help of Annotators, if needed.
- Analyses user trends, and identifies their biggest bottlenecks in Hammoq Workflow.
- Tests the short/long term impact of productized MV models on those trends.
- Skills - Numpy, Pandas, SPARK, APACHE SPARK, PYSPARK, ETL mandatory.
Tiger Analytics is a global AI & analytics consulting firm. With data and technology at the core of our solutions, we are solving some of the toughest problems out there. Our culture is modeled around expertise and mutual respect with a team first mindset. Working at Tiger, you’ll be at the heart of this AI revolution. You’ll work with teams that push the boundaries of what-is-possible and build solutions that energize and inspire.
We are headquartered in the Silicon Valley and have our delivery centres across the globe. The below role is for our Chennai or Bangalore office, or you can choose to work remotely.
About the Role:
As an Associate Director - Data Science at Tiger Analytics, you will lead data science aspects of endto-end client AI & analytics programs. Your role will be a combination of hands-on contribution, technical team management, and client interaction.
• Work closely with internal teams and client stakeholders to design analytical approaches to
solve business problems
• Develop and enhance a broad range of cutting-edge data analytics and machine learning
problems across a variety of industries.
• Work on various aspects of the ML ecosystem – model building, ML pipelines, logging &
versioning, documentation, scaling, deployment, monitoring and maintenance etc.
• Lead a team of data scientists and engineers to embed AI and analytics into the client
business decision processes.
• High level of proficiency in a structured programming language, e.g. Python, R.
• Experience designing data science solutions to business problems
• Deep understanding of ML algorithms for common use cases in both structured and
unstructured data ecosystems.
• Comfortable with large scale data processing and distributed computing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 10+ years exp of which 8 years of relevant data science experience including hands-on
Designation will be commensurate with expertise/experience. Compensation packages among the best in the industry.
The Data Engineer would be responsible for selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required. Would implement Data Ingestion & ETL/ELT processes
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands on experience on Big Data tools/technologies like Spark, Databricks, Map Reduce, Hive, HDFS.
- Expertise and excellent understanding of big data toolset such as Sqoop, Spark-streaming, Kafka, NiFi
- Proficiency in any of the programming language: Python/ Scala/ Java with 4+ years’ experience
- Experience in Cloud infrastructures like MS Azure, Data lake etc
- Good working knowledge in NoSQL DB (Mongo, HBase, Casandra)
- Total Experience of 7-10 years and should be interested in teaching and research
- 3+ years’ experience in data engineering which includes data ingestion, preparation, provisioning, automated testing, and quality checks.
- 3+ Hands-on experience in Big Data cloud platforms like AWS and GCP, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- 3+ years of Big Data and Analytics Technologies. Experience in SQL, writing code in spark engine using python, scala or java Language. Experience in Spark, Scala
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining ETL systems
- Experience in data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Application Development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, opensource Natural Language Processing, statistical and big data computing libraries
- Familiarity with Visualization and Reporting Tools like Tableau, Kibana.
- Should be good at storytelling in Technology
Qualification: B.Tech / BE / M.Sc / MBA / B.Sc, Having Certifications in Big Data Technologies and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP will be preferred
Primary Skills: Big Data + Python + Spark + Hive + Cloud Computing
Secondary Skills: NoSQL+ SQL + ETL + Scala + Tableau
Selection Process: 1 Hackathon, 1 Technical round and 1 HR round
Benefit: Free of cost training on Data Science from top notch professors
Your mission is to help lead team towards creating solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your knowledge of design, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for the development of data pipelines for numerous applications handling all kinds of data like structured, semi-structured &
unstructured. Having big data knowledge specially in Spark & Hive is highly preferred.
- Work in team and provide proactive technical oversight, advice development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
Education level :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience working on production grade projects experience in hands on, end to end software development
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Expert designing data integrations using ETL and other data integration patterns
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
Proficiency in :
- Modern programming languages like Java, Python, Scala
- Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, HIVE, Kafka
- Writing decently optimized SQL queries
- Orchestration and deployment tools like Airflow & Jenkins for CI/CD (Optional)
- Responsible for design and development of integration solutions with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies, such as waterfall and AGILE.
- An understanding of data architecture and modeling practices and concepts including entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, abstraction, denormalization, dimensional
modeling, and Meta data modeling practices.
- Experience generating physical data models and the associated DDL from logical data models.
- Experience developing data models for operational, transactional, and operational reporting, including the development of or interfacing with data analysis, data mapping,
and data rationalization artifacts.
- Experience enforcing data modeling standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of web technologies, application programming languages, OLTP/OLAP technologies, data strategy disciplines, relational databases, data warehouse development and Big Data solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Must Know :
- Core big-data concepts
- Spark - PySpark/Scala
- Data integration tool like Pentaho, Nifi, SSIS, etc (at least 1)
- Handling of various file formats
- Cloud platform - AWS/Azure/GCP
- Orchestration tool - Airflow