We are looking for an insatiably curious, always learning Sr. Full-stack Engineers
• Partner with product owners and help design software that becomes part of researchers’ lives
• Implement beautiful user interfaces that are a joy to use for our users
• Test code that you write and continuously improve practices at Typeset
• Manage large projects from conceptualization, all the way through deployments
• Solve challenging quirks in browsers. (a collaborative text-editor starts to push the boundaries of what is possible on the browser)
• Evolve an ecosystem of tools and libraries that make it easier for junior developers to write software that you’d be proud of
• Automatically monitor features you have shipped and ensure they are always available to the users
• Have experience working on applications built on Node JS and other surrounding frameworks.
• Have a strong grasp of browser fundamentals and understanding of SPA (Single Page App) performance
• Be comfortable when given fuzzy problem statements and ability to work with a product partner to clarify and fix requirements
• Knowledge of cross-browser testing toolchains
• Experience being the point-person for products.
• Prior experience working with high-volume, always-available web-applications
• Experience in being the technical lead in previous jobs is a plus.
Detailed JD Link - https://typ.st/2Z2WKHl" target="_blank">typ.st/2Z2WKHl
Engineering Blog - https://blog.typeset.io/orchestrating-a-product-engineering-team-5784d9eb72e2" target="_blank">blog.typeset.io/orchestrating-a-product-engineering-team-5784d9eb72e2
Glassdoor Reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Typeset-Reviews-E1733124.htm" target="_blank">glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Typeset-Reviews-E1733124.htm
Google Docs For Research. Join us if you want to solve Challenging Technology problems!
At Typeset, we have been building a symphony in technology, product, and design. We want to take this opportunity to describe what you might experience after joining Typeset.
Typeset is among a select few, Indian SaaS startups that have been competing and thriving in a global B2C market. We have raised more than 1 Million USD in funding from investors. There are only a few companies in India that focus on Global B2C SaaS. You can probably count them on your fingertips.
The team at Typeset is composed of engineers & designers who have held senior positions at India's leading startups such as Flipkart, Blackbuck, and Grofers before joining Typeset.
We are a team of researchers and engineers who love to build disruptive technologies that unlock value for our users. We have researchers from 103 countries writing on the platform, including those from NASA, CERN, Stanford, MIT, etc. We are growing rapidly, adding 10,000 new users every month. We have around 250,000+ users on our platform
Our customers are:
(c.) Individual Researchers
Through B2B, we are growing our revenues at ~15% MOM. Our clients include Stanford GSB, IIMs, US Air Force Publisher to name a few.
Academia an evolving industry for technology innovations and it's about time we disrupt it!
- Develop new user-facing features, websites, web applications
- Use HTML, CSS, JS, to deliver front-end of projects on time
- Manage a team of junior developers.
- Work with UI & UX designers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of code
- Work with Backend developers and ensure smooth integration with CMS or APIs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Work with the Project managers and accounts team to ensure the feasibility of ideas being shared
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Perform Tests, User acceptance tests, and cross-browser testing
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- Technical Competence: proficient in HTML, CSS, JS, maybe some MySQL
- Must carry at least three years of experience in Web Development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Github
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Openness to learn. Demonstrable self-learning capabilities.
- Build out the 2nd generation architecture for the system that serves our growing customer base.
- Write robust code and tests. We use PHP, Jquery, JS, HTML, CSS, React.
- Review/approve pull requests and mentor, coach, and support the people around you.
- Own feature delivery as a member of the feature team.
- Build the products for our state-of-the-art search service integrating the latest NLP models and building a scalable search service with integration platforms like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
- Become an integral part of Zevi, working on the core tech to delight the D2C brands and Enterprise clients who rely on our system and help their users get the best results possible.
Skills and Experience expected:
- At least 2 years of experience working with front-end technologies and shipping and delivering front-end code.
- Have designed and implemented a scalable infrastructure that is both secure and modular.
- Have been responsible for breaking down and solving complex problems.
- Have developed engineering principles and designed processes/workflows.
- Have experience working in PHP, Jquery, JS, HTML, CSS, React, and are an expert in at least one of those technologies.
- Have used Selenium and other tools for UI/UX testing.
What can you expect from Zevi ?
- Closely work with leading enterprise engineering teams.
- Be a part of highly motivated core team.
- Get access and contribute to all strategies being built by Zevi.
- Full ownership of your product line.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Hands-on coding – exposure to cutting edge frontend and backend tech.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of components for the products.
- Craft APIs, RPCs and streamlining topologies which are simple, and efficient
- Ensure excellence in engineering
- Mentor engineers in the team
- Degree in computer science field with 3-5 years of experience building large scalable systems
- Exposure to HTML5/CSS3 and building responsive UI for web/mobile form factors.
- Problem solving / analytical skills
- Exposure to high level hygiene guidelines like the one described in 12-factor app
- Metrics obsession
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Knowledge of React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
2. Work on building, maintaining, and testing the front-end of the web application
3. Work on taking architectural and design decisions
4. Work on reviewing and approving pull requests
5. Proactively identify and fix any software bugs/improvements
6. Take the initiative to improve the system's software architecture, UI, UX, scalability, and performance
7. Participate in the customer meetings for solution design and technical discussions
8. Help in customer support activities by resolving any technical queries/issues reported by the customer
Juvoxa is a healthtech startup which enables an Integrated channel of pharmaceutical companies, Medical Professionals/ Institutions, and Patients for Digital Prescriptions 2.0. We enable effective dissemination of right information, tools and help in capturing right data at specific points for increased efficacy of the overall care. With Juvoxa, all stakeholders increase engagement, save money, and reduce friction in healthcare systems. This is accomplished in one secure, transparent, and convenient platform. Juvoxa is founded by serial entrepreneurs and funded by Industry professionals.
Job Description // React Frontend Programmer
With major Pharmaceutical companies adopting us for rollout in South East Asia, we are scaling our engineering team.
What you will do
- Implement unit testing, example Junit, to support development of test-driven development
- Write reusable, Testable and efficient code
- Develop new client-side ReactJS components for modern web and mobile applications
- Design scalable frontend architecture
- Improve product quality through code reviews, write effective unit tests and collaborate with Q&A to implement automation testing
- Contribute to open source, write your experiences, mentor others and proactively improve
What you will have
- Strong teamwork, coordination, and planning, self-managed
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.
- English Skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- Minimum 2 years of software engineering experience in frontend development particularly ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of state management libraries; Redux
- Complete understanding on development of Progressive Web Applications and web workers
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of Test frameworks like Jest, Mocha, React Testing Library
- Experience with styled-components is desirable
- Exposure to page speed improvement techniques including state management
- Work on automation to actively measure and improve quality and performance of our frontend apps
What we will provide
- Startup-like environment and culture, fast paced and with quick decision-making process
- A unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being founded by Entrepreneurs who have built for scale.
- An environment to be heard, opinion will be valued and you will have the resources to do your best work ever.
- Compensation at par with market plus equities and we are 100% remote for now.
- Life-long learning and supporting the development of the team, including wealth creation
Dear recruitment agencies and recruiters, please note that we choose to recruit directly for this role. You are expressly requested to not contact Juvoxa or any of its employees in relation to this vacancy or with any offers of your services. Thank you.
- Practical experience with AngularJS/Angular/ReactJs, etc.
- Practical experience with server side technologies like Django, Ruby on Rails, etc is a plus.
You must be:
- A quick, analytical thinker
- Someone who wants to learn how to write quality code
What you will be doing:
- A lot of heavy JS changes for improving the user experience.
- Help build out the front-end completely once all the information from the backend has been dumped to a template.