We’re hiring a programmer to join our Engineering team to help shape the frontend and backend of our Vue and Laravel based applications.
WittyPen is a platform that helps hundreds of businesses get quality content from freelance writers worldwide. We are building features and products to help businesses scale their content creation seamlessly and let content writers earn well from wherever they are in the world. We’re looking for someone to help shape and build the future of our products.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. WittyPen is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
About the job
This job is primarily about building new features for our core platform and other products from scratch. But occasionally, you will also spend time fixing bugs and improving the code. We are a small Engineering team (and that’s intentional) with only three people in the Engineering team, (you’d be number four) which means that even though we have our areas of expertise, we all wear many hats.
Also, we tend to not think of our Engineers as mere coders. We want programmers who are good with communication skills (especially writing) and good vocabulary, as it helps with good team communication, iron out bugs and effectively discuss new initiatives. We want programmers who have a knack for solving interesting problems and building beautiful interfaces.
So on a day to day basis, you can expect the following from the job:
- Building polished user interface components with Vue and TailwindCSS
- Add necessary business logic and API capabilities for features to be built
- Improvise code based on feedback received
- Tracking technology changes and keeping our applications up-to-date
- Participate in brain-storming sessions, research with the team, and work on new initiatives
You will be mostly working with web technologies so if you love working with them, this is THE role for you. Below we have outlined what we expect:
- Apart from these two languages, we heavily work with MySQL. You should know how to write all sorts of SQL queries, understand the basics, and know the principles behind relational databases.
- You understand various programming paradigms, like MVC, and best practices such as SOLID principles or concepts of refactoring.
- You know what Laravel is and how it works.
- You have worked with modern CSS or worked with stuff like Flexbox, Sass, Stylus, BEM syntax, or Tailwind CSS.
- You understand what linters are, how they work, and how to use them.
- You don’t need to be a designer, but you understand good UI design and know when something isn’t at par.
Pay and benefits
This is a fully remote, full-time (40-hour per week) position, and you can choose your own work hours. You can also choose to work from our office in Pune, once it re-opens. All we ask is for you to be available whenever team activities are scheduled.
The salary for this position is between ₹360,000 - ₹500,000 INR (per annum) based on experience and expertise. We will also pay for any necessary equipment if needed.
We believe in working asynchronously and don’t believe in you being online for a fixed time period every day. We don’t track work hours either. Our only expectation is that the work allocated to you should be completed before deadlines. We are stringent with deadlines.
Our work culture is relaxed is fun. You are given complete freedom to explore and experiment with new technologies and initiatives we take. We also do “tech classroom” sessions every once in a while to collectively discuss and better understand the technologies we use. You will be learning a lot of new things, and we intend entirely to learn from you as well!
WittyPen is a platform that uses technology to bridge gap between Companies and quality freelance content writers. The platform is being built based on basis of our hands-on experience with content creation across domain.
At WittyPen you can order your content, which then goes to selected writers enrolled with us, once the content is written, it is edited by our editors and sent to the customer.
All of this happens on the platform with our processes making it efficient and giving content quality as the highest priority,
In short, We Make Content Creation Easy.
Numadic is hiring a Senior Frontend Developer
We are Numads
Drawn to the unknown, we are new age nomads who seek to bring near what is far. We work as full stack humans, able to operate independently while enjoying the journey together. We see past the sandlines of clan and craft and value the unique and special talents of each. We think, we design, we code, we write, we share, we care and we ride together. We aim to live by our values of Humility, Collaboration and Transformation
We undisrupt vehicle payments
To impact a highly fragmented v-commerce space, we aim to bring order to simplify & aggregate. We are a full stack v-commerce platform. We build the Network side of the products to achieve dense on-ground digital coverage by working with & aggregating different types of partners. Further help set the standards for scaling sustainably for the future. We also build the User side of the products to make road travel experience for our vehicle owners and drivers contactless and fully autonomous.
How you’ll make an impact
- Decode business rules to UI/UX into functional scope and technical needs.
- Ensuring responsiveness and cross-platform optimization for applications.
- Write and review technical documentation.
- Follow software development lifecycle for test driven development(TDD)
- Diagnose, fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Implement security policies and processes to secure the application
- Ability to quickly adapt and migrate code to most current technologies.
Why is the opportunity exciting
We are a startup and provide an opportunity to be a part of a fast growing company. With full ownership, you will have the direct ability to make a difference and lead teams. You will work and learn from among a diverse group of Numads. You will solve first-to-market problems to be taken globally. We are based out of Goa and we offer a great opportunity to work from one of the most beautiful parts of India
What we are looking for:
- Background - 2+ years of proven experience working as a Frontend Developer.
- Experience with React Native, Typescript, GraphQL, css-in-js and other frameworks is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of browser APIs and controls.
- Experience with state management frameworks like Redux/Rematch, etc.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer who would be working on the bleeding edge of technologies. We work primarily with React, Typescript and Redux.
- Understand why a particular design was chosen and code accordingly.
- Will have to deliver clean bug-free unit-tested code with minimal guidance.
- Strive for continuous improvement by refactoring and applying best practices.
- Learn and adapt to new technologies as necessary.
- Must be proficient in React, Redux, Redux Toolkit and Typescript.
- Used Typescript for React Components.
- Unit Testing, Component Testing, and Custom React hook tests with React Testing Library.
- Integration Tests with Cypress.
- Data Fetching libraries like Axios, React Query, RTK Query etc.
- Should have maintained React Components with Storybook.
- Experience contributing to open-source software will be preferred.
- Used various CSS stylings methods like CSS Modules, LESS, SCSS, Tailwind, Styled Components, Emotion etc.
- Should understand Git.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
Certa (getcerta.com) is a Silicon Valley-based tech product start-up that is automating the vendor, supplier, and other stakeholder onboarding processes (think background checks, agreements, and the works) for companies across industries and geographies. With multiple Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 clients, at Certa's tech team, you will be working on stuff that is changing the way huge companies do business.
We recently raised Series A: https://www.businessinsider.com/certa-no-code-startup-raises-15-million-to-speed-procurement-2022-3
- 3+ years of experience
- Previous experience in building & architecting SAAS applications
- Proficiency in Test-driven development and writing well-tested code.
- Experience with the latest ReactJS features like hooks and context
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Typescript or flow
- Previous experience working in a remote environment
- A knack for ownership & mentoring junior engineers.
- Best-in-class compensation
- Performance-based ESOPs
- Workstation setup allowance-
- Fully-remote work
- Flexible schedules
- Paid vacation
- Yearly offsites
- Engineering-first culture
- Continuous learning
- Massive opportunities for growth
- Rockstar team to work with (we mean it!)
We are looking for a skilled react.js developer to join our front-end development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js concepts. You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase.
React.js Developer Responsibilities:
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying web-based user interactions.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using react concepts.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
React.js Developer Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a react.js developer.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
-Should have a high level of experience in Java.
WORK FROM HOME OPTION IS ALSO AVAILABLE
This is an early hire role and you'll be responsible for the design and development of new systems and features for our Assembly's bonus, reward, & recognition platform. We're looking for someone to join our team who is both highly analytical and enthusiastically creative. Ideally, you are a seasoned engineer who can empathize with users, take the lead on design & architecture, and write clean, maintainable code. You will join our small team and have a huge impact on the trajectory of the company.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
At Assembly, we deeply care about the user experience and the nuances that are involved in shaping an intuitive service. We need a Front-End engineer that knows when and where to add a bit of flair to boost the experience.
- Passionate about company culture. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand the root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are self-directed and self-motivated, able to lead a project or play a supporting role
- You understand the needs of a young and scrappy startup and work to solve problems expeditiously without compromising the product
Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
Developing and implementing front-end architecture to scale the current codebase.
Identifying web-based user interactions.
Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using React concepts.
Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
Profiling, Monitoring, and improving front-end performance.
Create workflows to improve the team’s productivity.
Improve test coverage of the codebase using testing libraries.
Documenting application changes and developing updates.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Figma and/or Sketch for working with design.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as BitBucket/GitHub
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Minimum 5 years of professional Front-End engineering
- Bachelor degree or greater in Computer Science
and the users. One will implement visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions.
You will work closely with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side
logic. You will also be taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks
● Hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap.
● Good in understanding the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks, and
● Good with optimizing output to match the specific platform and understanding
differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile or desktop.
Good to have:
● Good understanding of code versioning tools, i.e. Git.
● Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
● Knowledge of MySQL.
● Develop new user-facing features
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
● Validate all the user inputs before submitting to back-end services.
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.