Our client is a rapid growth stage Edtech start-up focused on solving the teacher shortage crisis in the US education system using technology by bringing teachers to the classrooms and giving them access to the right tools to teach students in a highly engaging manner.
They have a development center in Mumbai and they are looking to scale up the teams in Pune and Bangalore as well.
What does the role entail:
●Lead requirement/task and guide junior software engineers in the development process.
● Design, develop and maintain user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
● Strong understanding of UI design principles and best practices.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyse requirements, design solutions, and implement new features.
● Develop and implement unit tests and integration tests to ensure software quality.
● Troubleshoot and debug applications.
● Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers.
● Mentor junior software engineers and help them grow their technical skills.
● B.E/B.Tech/master’s in computer science (or equivalent).
● 4 - 7 years of experience
● Skilled with one of Front end Technologies: Angular 10+/Flutter/React/Vue.
● Experience with state management libraries.
● Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Cypress.
● Experience with responsive design and developing mobile-first user interfaces.
● Knowledge of UI accessibility guidelines and experience implementing accessibility features.
● Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
● General understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
● Understanding of development and operational support best practices.
About US based Ed-tech product company
Hands-on experience with TypeScript on ReactJS projects
Clarista.io turns current enterprise data silos into a ‘Live Data Network’, easy to use, always available, with flexibility to create any analytics. Clarista is designed for both business and technical users, hence the user interface plays a pivotal role in ensuring performance with large datasets and a superior user experience.
What You'll Do
You will be part of Clarista’s UI engineering team. You will work in our cloud native environment and perform following activities to support core product development and client specific projects:
- You will build & support responsive web user interfaces by using ReactJS
- You will ensure usability of the interfaces and workflows for end users
- You will integrate user interfaces with data and other interfaces through APIs
- You will collaborate with cloud and data engineering teams to enable end-to-end functionality
- You will partner with other team members in understanding the functional / non-functional business requirements, and translate them into software development tasks
- You will follow the software development best practices in ensuring that the code architecture and quality of code written by you is of high standard, as expected from an enterprise software
- You will be a proactive contributor to team and project discussions
Who you are
- Strong education track record
- Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline from Indian Institute of Technology or equivalent premium institute.
- 2-3 years of experience in UI Development using ReactJS
- Proficient with ReactJS, Redux, Service Workers, Optimized coding practices, Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Context API, System design, Web concepts, Server-Side Rendering (SSR), lazy loading.
- Should have experience working with any of the chart’s library like charts.js, Highcharts.js, etc.
- Should know how to write modular and optimized code.
- Should have good knowledge around error handling.
- Fair understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience versioning control systems such as GIT
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-starter, continuous learner.
Good to have some exposure to
- Start-up experience is highly preferred
- Exposure to micro front ends.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Be an integral part of the founding team. You will work directly with the founder
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
- Business knowledge of multiple sectors
Fulfil’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of customer orders are fulfilled by merchants. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas into our technology.
As a Front End software engineer, you will work on the ReactJS powered user interface used by Fulfil merchants to manage their back-office operations. This is mission critical software and your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with the rest of the team working on different layers of infrastructure in an international environment. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality are important.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement front-end technologies
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js and React Native
- Work closely with the Design and Product teams to translate complex technical workflows into delightful user experiences
- Define how Fulfil builds user interfaces and ensure that we’re utilizing and keeping up with modern web standards
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested front-end code
- Help to bridge the responsibilities of the Product and Engineering teams, spending time with both on the way to launching new products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems that drive complex web applications
- Create reliable and type-safe applications with Typescript
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- 5+ years of experience as a front end engineer
- Experience in building large-scale web applications in a fast-moving team environment
- A strong understanding of UX and UI design standards
- The perfectionist’s touch on a pragmatist’s deadline: you strive for pixel-perfection and intuitive functionality
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles, with experience in popular React.js workflows
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Experience with popular testing frameworks, like Jest, Cypress, and Testing Library.
- The ability to bring any design to life with HTML and CSS, with cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Familiarity with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with code versioning tools like GIT
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company
- Demonstrated work beyond the front-end, experienced in integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services (e.g. experience with Python, AngularJS)
- Experience developing large client-side applications and optimizing them for performance
- You can straddle client and server development, creating APIs that drive web apps
- You understand the intricacies of timezones
- Web optimization, performance tools, and load testing
- You maintain or contribute to an open-source project
Must have 2+ years of experience in Angular 7 or later, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 3+ and Bootstrap material design.
Working knowledge of integrating with RESTful APIs.
Expertise in designing reusable angular components, directives, and services.
Firm grasp of UI/UX principles, ability to convert UX designs into deliverables.
Proficient understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
Must have fantastic attention to detail and good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, color theory and typography.
Proficient understanding of mobile & web platforms and responsive design
Role: Design and Programming
Industry Type: IT-Software, Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Employment Type: Full Time
Education: UG : Any Graduate in Any Specialization
• 8+ years in UI Design and Development
• Degree, diploma or Certificate in Computer Science or IT.
• Extensive experience in UI Frameworks – Angular 2+ , Bootstrap , ReactJS and Advanced Java scripts
• Extensive experience in Node Js , CSS , SCSS , SASS, Typescript ,HTML5
• Experience in RESTful services.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Solid understanding of E2E Internet application architecture including browser concepts, HTTP, REST ,AJAX, Security best practices, Performance techniques • Familiarity with source code control systems (Subversion, Git, etc) and issue tracking (JIRA etc)
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
About the Role
Dremio’s user experience is one of its key differentiators and makes all your data easily accessible and shareable by your data consumers. UI Engineers at Dremio are responsible for the development of the user interface and user experience on Dremio’s Data Lake Engine.
Responsibilities and ownership
- Own the full cycle of development of our modern single page web application from inception, design, development, testing, and production.
- Care deeply about modular design patterns and frameworks to deliver an architecture that’s rooted in simplicity, that’s easy to iterate on and constantly evolve.
- Passionate about ease of use, experience and quality of the product.
- 2 years minimum experience with React is highly preferred and currently utilizing React in their current job.
- Passion about UI development and UX design
- Shown proven success in delivering high-quality front end applications
- Fluency in the understanding of SQL and databases (relational or non-relational)
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science in a relevant technical field or equivalent professional experience
Experience with Rest APIs;
Proficient in HTML, CSS (LESS/SASS), responsive design, semantic markup;
Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance consideration