POSITION : Database Administrator
If you have an “ABILITY TO LEARN & WILL TO CHANGE THE
WORLD” you are welcome at COVIAM.
• Enjoy every part of building software products and have a
passion for developing awesome product features?
• Want to be part of a company which conceptualizes, designs
and develops products from India for the global market?
• Want to influence, build and grow with a fast growing
platform company in one of the fastest growing regions of the world?
• Love engaging with end customers to discuss usability,
functionality and performance?
• Want to work on the ground up development of a cloud
based platform used by millions of users simultaneously?
If the answer to all the above questions is Yes, read on.
You will be involved in all the design, feature planning sessions, drive new
innovative ideas, and make decisions on what is feasible to implement. You
will see and seize opportunities for quick wins, but also be technically minded
to drive solutions for complex problems. You will make a difference!
ABOUT: COVIAM is an upstart digital platforms and products company
with a core focus on disrupting traditional markets and business models with
the strength of our innovation driven digital value. We harness the power of
our open innovation culture, our unique talent selection approach, the skills
and expertise of our people across various industries, domains and
technologies and a unique blend of analytics driven strategies for creating
future digital platforms.
Company website: www.coviam.com
FB : https://www.facebook.com/Coviam-Technology-
Twitter : https://twitter.com/CoviamTech
G+ : https://plus.google.com/118152928147285024125
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/coviam
Glassdoor : https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Overview/Working-at-
OPPORTUNITIES : Pursue opportunities and learning/growth interests in
Mobile, product development, product management, Analytics, Machine
learning, UI/UX design, DevOps, Automation, Drones, bots and Java / open
source development frameworks and methodologies – on a variety of domains
like eCommerce, Logistics and fulfilment, Talent, Mcommerce and a whole
ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
Exp: 2.5 yrs onwards
Type: Full time
The Database Administrator is responsible for effective installation, upgrade,
patching, database infrastructure. The database Administrator tasks will be
focused on improving performance, scalability and reliability of the system by
continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
This individual is accountable for regular backups of the database
infrastructure, automating the same, conduct regular audits on the system to
ensure the recovery point objective of systems are in place. This individual is
responsible for notifying the bottlenecks with the query executions and
coordinate with R&D teams to eliminate the same. This individual is
responsible for managing production, development and QA infrastructure.
Job responsibilities also include supporting production system on rotation
• Strong knowledge in PostgreSQL and Mongo DB
• Strong knowledge in monitoring and resolving issues with
• Strong knowledge in physical database design concepts
• Strong knowledge in High Availability configuration on
• Good understanding of data segmentation and data retention
• Hands up experience in database upgrade and patch process
• Hands on experience in application query tuning
• Good knowledge in Linux administration is desirable
• Experience in scripting like Shell, Python, Perl is desirable
• Working experience in configuration of database alerts with
open source alerting tools
• Good knowledge in SDLC process followed for
configuration change management
• Good understanding of eCommerce domain is desirable
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent
• Database Administration certification in PostgreSQL /
• Four or more years of work experience in managing
relations and non-relational database
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Independent, self-starter.
• Ability to effectively communicate