Category Management Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
New venture by a large retail group.
We are looking for a Business Growth Manager for an innovative influencer oriented D2C shopping platform by a large retail group
- Leading team of Growth RMs for D2C brand partnerships
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives with partners.
- Researching brands to find new opportunities for business
- Finding and developing new market opportunities and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Develop quotations and proposals for various clients.
- Training and development
- Graduate / Post Graduate degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Business Development dealing with brand partnerships
- Must be an organized multitasker, be able to handle diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines. Start-up experience will be preferable.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
About The Role
• Own the P&L of the brand, right from pricing, discounts & marketing
• Plan & deliver on growth, in alignment with the company’s strategies
• Conceptualize & execute plans across all marketing channels (Digital,
Outdoor, Social, 3rd party platforms, BTL etc).
• Identify & program manage new product development opportunities that
helps the brand stay relevant with the latest trends & consumer needs,
through market and consumer research.
• Identify brand's differentiation, positioning in the market, build a coherent
consumer language across all touch-points.
• Build newer channels of communication for the brand and help the brand
build channels previously unexplored.
• Work to drive discovery, traffic & conversion. Understand business
trajectory, capture data, analyze campaigns and documents. Create detailed
specifications for all e-commerce platforms and analyze site traffic
• Work closely with operations & supply chain teams to ensure stock
availability by providing growth projections in advance & avoiding out of
• Complete ownership of campaigns which are rolled out on a weekly, monthly
and yearly basis.
Qualifications and experience
Looking for candidates with an MBA from a Tier 1 & 2 B-School with 1-3 years of post-MBA experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in Brand/ Category Management in a consumer facing company
- An understanding of trends and an ability to respond to customers wishes.
- PL ownership: Drive and ensure 100% achievement of the targeted sales numbers of the categories.
- Ensure Profitability by negotiating the best category margins, securing marketing support from brands, and focusing on delivering the budgeted top-line and bottom-line.
- Assortment planning: Ensure we have a competitive catalog compared to other players across brands and sub-categories globally.
- Customer Experience: Anticipate and create solutions for customer pain points. Should be able to resolve customer escalations and deliver on the expected NPS for the category.
- Category marketing: Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly calendars Have joint marketing plans signed off with partner brands, execute the plan in coordination with the internal team
- Operational efficiency: Work with cross-functional teams like CS, Finance, Sales to ensure a smooth functioning system and to be able to deliver on the required set of parameters measured across each function
Following skills are mandatory:
- 5-10 years of experience in global category roles, preferably digital categories like gift cards, perks, deals, experiences, loans, insurance, merchandise etc.
- Hands-on in Sales, Operations, Catalog and Category Management.
- Strong analytical aptitude in problem-solving, multi-tasker, critical thinker, and a tactical executioner with a proven track record of finding solutions to business problems.
- Good communication and team management skills.
- Engineering + MBA from reputed colleges would be preferred.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment will enable you to juggle between concepts yet maintain the quality of content, interact, share your ideas, and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Plum.
goal is to improve the sales and profitability of businesses to drive sustainable growth.
Visit - stores.xoxoday.com so the interview call is more meaningful.
● PL ownership: Drive and ensure 100% achievement of the targeted sales numbers of the category.
● Ensure Profitability by negotiating the best category margins, securing marketing support from
brands, and focusing on delivering the budgeted top-line and bottom-line.
● Assortment planning: Ensure we have a competitive catalog compared to other players across
brands and sub-categories.
● Customer Experience: Anticipate and create solutions for customer pain points. Should be able to
resolve customer escalation and deliver on the expected NPS for the category.
● Category marketing: Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly calendars Have joint marketing plans
signed off with partner brands, execute the plan in coordination with the internal team
● Operational efficiency: Work with cross-functional teams like CS, Finance, Sales to ensure a
smooth functioning system and to be able to deliver on the required set of parameters measured
across each function
● Working with customers and merchandisers and finding new ways of expanding product
● Responsible for demand and supply planning both sides of the business and planning marketing
and sales strategies for the category growth.
● Joint Planning with Product / Sales and Marketplace team: Work closely with the marketplace
team to ensure sufficient visibility to our products and jointly participate in the marketing events
conducted on the platform.
Following skills are mandatory:
1. 3-7 years of experience in global category roles, preferably digital categories.
2. Hands-on in Sales, Operations, and Category Management.
3. Strong analytical aptitude in problem-solving, multi-tasker, critical thinker, and tactical
executioner with a proven track record of finding solutions to business problems.
4. Good communication skills / Good analytical skills along with sales/marketing knowledge.
5. MBA from reputed colleges would be preferred
6. Team management experience will be a plus, its cross-functional role.
7. A strategic thinker along with a growth mindset will be a right fit
What you can look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts,
yet maintain the quality of content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work.
Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai,
Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday
This wellness platform is revolutionising primary health and wellness in India.
What you will do:
- Identifying broader trends and filling category gaps
- Supplier relationship building
- Handling merchandising operations
- Coordinating with marketing, supply chain, catalog team, finance/ commercial and other functions of the organization
- Catalog monitoring
- Discount monitoring
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- 4 - 10 years of experience
- Good analytical skills
- Willingness to learn, innovate, take initiatives, think beyond what is conventional and accepted and the ability to work in a flat organization
- Strong analytical aptitude in problem solving
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problem
- Previous work experience in E-Commerce companies
Join us in making the fastest fashion brand on earth. We live & breathe trends. Working on 3D Virtual Design Technology we launch new trends even before they're produced. Making us the only fast fashion brand to be sustainable at the same time. Enabling young shoppers, first-hand access to latest styles with our Digital Only Collection.
We waste nothing but data & exploit nothing but our imagination. We operate at the intersection of fashion & technology. #SpeakSomethingNew is our mantra.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role will be responsible for driving sales through e-commerce platforms & offline partnerships for the categories
- The person would be the business owner for all the categories at HeSpoke. The role entails leveraging know how of internal and external variables to deliver sales and outreach of categories. The role entails forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category. The role also requires the incumbent to drive strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for top-line revenue goals within the established investment budget to achieve P&L goals
- Responsible for developing, implementing, managing and reporting on plans to improve site metrics by increasing conversion, AOV, and other KPIs
- Manage website content to align with monthly promotions, seasonal promotions and overall marketing strategy
Monitoring Brand performance:
- Negotiate budgets, set goals, monitor and report on performance
- Secure Margins in line with overall guidance
- Plan and execute brand campaigns across various platforms and take corrective actions to stay on course of the plan
- Meet the plan for recognition and awareness of accountable brands
- Report performance against key metrics in approved formats
- Overlooking the cost of production, materials & trims required. Planning and sourcing the requirements for the product categories.
- Sourcing knowledge of relevant supplier base to on-board materials at right price
- Create and manage supplier relations to develop long term, reliable & sustainable business
- Builds a strong supplier/vendor base that would stay relevant at every stage of business
Improve customer experience and retention:
- Develop processes and procedures to drive customer retention
- Drive banner revenue through list growth, segmentation and increased efficiency.
- Analyse user experience across channels and touch points through web analytics and determine potential improvements
What to expect:
Flexible working hours.
Hockey stick growth as the brand scales.
Your fashion expenditure sponsored by HeSpoke upto INR five thousand every month.
Office Location: Less than a mile from Forum Mall, Koramangala
• Understanding of Web Content Management is desirable
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in fast paced environment
• Ability to prioritize, manage time and meet aggressive deadlines
• Quick, clear verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate up, down and across the organization
• Highly motivated and detail oriented; Commitment to quality; Open to learning
• Ability to work during off-business hours to support project deadlines.