3+ Category Management Jobs in Mumbai | Category Management Job openings in Mumbai
Apply to 3+ Category Management Jobs in Mumbai on CutShort.io. Explore the latest Category Management Job opportunities across top companies like Google, Amazon & Adobe.
With 14+ years of expertise in e-commerce, our client provides AI-powered solutions for quick scale-up of brands and equips them to serve a global audience efficiently. From Texas to India, it operates from 6 different locations and processes 5 million orders annually and are amongst the top 25 sellers on Amazon and Walmart.com.
Founded by entrepreneurs with rich international experience, this leading online store of USA works with over 2000 brands which include many known brands in the US and covers almost all major categories like beauty and healthcare, electronics and gadgets, furniture, toys and apparel and others.
It has won several accolades including Inc 5000, fastest-growing companies, two years in a row.
What you will do:
- Managing inputs, category profit & loss, promotion management, auditing and analysis, vendor escalations, and concise communications
- Growing selection, improving terms and cost structures, and building long-term relationships with vendors for the sub-categories assigned
- Demonstrating customer and category knowledge, being an advocate for a quality customer experience, and understanding the competition and industry
- Being responsible for long term growth opportunities and risk identification, planning, communicating, and partnering with internal teams
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of Online retail tools and becoming advocates for tool enhancements
- Attracting talent and making the right hiring decision, setting goals, and resource planning for the team
- Visiting trade shows in the US and other countries as per process requirements
- Creating mechanisms to help on-board new talent to the organization by continuously building a network of talent inside and outside of the company
- Effectively coaching and giving feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and supporting career development
- Setting and balancing goals across the team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- 10+ years of experience doing one of several roles: quantitative/financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, pricing, marketing, or e- commerce
- Strong understanding of category, product, and vendor performance
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Ability to work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization
- Preferably a valid US Visa
Position - Category Head
Location - Mumbai ( Remote for now)
We are looking for a Category Head to manage a group or category of products for our company. You will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
- An excellent category Head must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for category Head.
- The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
- Creating and developing a long-term plan and strategy for development of the category.
- Develop strong working relationships with buying, marketing and merchandising teams.
- End to end management of product i.e. from supplier to customer.
- P&L owner for the group of categories managed.
- Team Management: manage a team of Category Owners, Catalogue, and Vendor Acquisition resources. Develop and coach team.
- Manage Portfolio of Categories: New brand acquisition and pricing strategy, Managing product portfolio and inventory management. Shape long term portfolio expansion built on macro trends.
- Vendor management: vendor sourcing & management, vendor relationship management.
- Customer management: Managing key customer relationships, developing multiple channels, optimizing omni channel sales- through mix of online and offline sales.
- Marketing: Manages and optimizes marketing spends on the category group. Working closely with digital marketing team to optimize spends across different digital channels.
- Category Analytics: proficient in analytics to identify growth areas and execute