Why you should be interested in this role?
Biofourmis is pioneering an entirely new category of digital health, by developing clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide a better outcome for patients, smarter engagements and tracking tools for clinicians. By combining Machine Learning Technology we are creating a truly unique movement in the health space.
Our team works in a cross-functional agile setup consisting of mobile developers, backend developers, designers, product managers, researchers, and scrum masters.
Biofourmis headquartered in Boston, develops and delivers clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide cost-effective solutions for payers, accelerated research and drug development for biopharmaceutical companies, advanced tools for clinicians to deliver personalized care, and, ultimately, better outcomes for patients.
Our robust digital therapeutics products and pipeline cover multiple therapeutic areas including heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, COPD, and chronic pain.
A successful Series B and Series C round funding, strategic acquisitions, key commercial multi-year contracts, FDA approvals, new U.S. headquarters, and industry recognition were among some of our achievements in 2020-21.
As an backend engineer at Biofourmis, you are engaged right from the product ideation conversation where you analyse requirements, explore the feasibility to implement it to make it a full-blown product. You ideate, identify the solution, build and suggest the right architecture, engage the right partner, demonstrate the idea, present the solution to multiple stakeholders, execute a proof of concept, and finally oversee it all while the dream gets implemented.
People and Technology:
There would be direct interactions between the internal product and engineering teams. The engineering team is comprised of UI/UX, Mobile - iOS, Android, Backend - NodeJS, Python, Web - Angular, HTML/CSS, QA, and DevOps team.
We have the best engineers and they are always willing to support a customer use case and brainstorm new ideas, which makes the job even more fun.
- You will be a part of the core development team at Biofourmis to work on engaging and challenging products in healthcare/digital therapeutics domain
- You will be constantly developing new features, improve existing features of our new and existing products.
- You will be working closely with the product team, backend team, android team, web team and QA team to shape the product
- You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding juniors, who will help you build the product along the way
- You will be working in backend of our AI-powered solution developed in Python
- Design, implement and extend core platform services and APIs to enable new products and features to be built
- Provide technical contributions to the core team that powers our backend services for millions of concurrent users
- Build and own the core systems that form the architecture of our backend services from API gateways, service observability, and inter-service communications to higher-level business components like identity, therapeutic engine, and analytics systems just to name a few
- Drive the qualitative aspects of the backend services like performance, scalability, observability, reliability, and security and so on.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge expected in Cloud Computing, threading, performance tuning, and security.
- Experienced in Serverless and Microservice application development on AWS or Azure
- Any Big data processing technology experience like setting data pipelines, batch/real-time processing.
- Any Container orchestration technology like Docker, Kubernetes or serverless frameworks
- Good at SQL/NoSQL database technology.
- Good at python and related signal processing packages, scipy, NumPy. etc.
- Experience in developing serverless applications in Azure, AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB) will be preferred
- Knowing Matlab or R, (or) other scripting language is a plus.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems with large, real-world datasets.
- Willing to learn and passionate about new technology.
- Follow the good practice of software development process and tool kit, i.e. TDD, CI, documentation, etc.
- Good understanding of Git and related workflows for daily development activities
- Application knowledge of unit testing. TDD knowledge is an added advantage
- Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and scrum
Biofourmis is a rapidly growing digital therapeutics company that is the leader in Personalized Predictive Care. Our disruptive innovations use advanced clinical-grade wearable sensors to continuously monitor bio vitals and process them using our patented and FDA-approved AI/ML algorithms to predict changes in physiology that are co-related to medical and disease events in the cardiac, oncology, respiratory, and other therapeutic areas.
We are pioneering an entirely new category of the healthcare system, by developing clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers.
We are a dynamic high-growth company, having quadrupled in size in the last 12 months. We are a Global organization with offices in Boston, Singapore, and Bangalore. We are backed by some of the premier venture capitalists in the world and enjoy the confidence of customers who are leaders in the healthcare and life sciences industry.
- You will work closely with the team, help define the product roadmap, and have a lot of room for flexibility. You are expected to gradually take responsibilities of the full mobile engineering stack at Poshn.
- You will use lean experimentation principles and techniques to develop digital experiments where you will help accelerate evidence based decision making to inform product, business and commercial decisions.
- You will work with the team of UX, Data engineering to ensure that product & service solutions truly address important customer needs and thus deliver superior customer and business value.
- You will take initiative to improve the system both at design and implementation level. As Poshn grows, you may also help with recruiting and training mobile engineering team.
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development
- Ability to analyse the core business needs and to suggest the best approach
- Capturing and clearly articulating requirements: work closely with end customers in order to prioritise different working items
- Designing, building and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Execute, deliver large and complex projects end-to-end, with or without the involvement of other team members
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Carrying out solution testing: ensure efficient on-boarding processes for new clients; carry out root-cause analysis to develop logical conclusions and suggest alternatives
- Overall ownership of solution implementation: be in charge of assigned product, ensuring timely and efficient communication and solutions are delivered to plan
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- You have 5+ years of experience in building web & mobile based backend applications preferably using microservices architecture.
- You have made major contributions to 3 or more complex backend application projects from zero to one. You have experience designing and shipping fully functional applications.
- You understand the core engineering principles and agile methodologies and are also able to adapt them to a face pace working environment.
- Experience with building up scalable backend microservices architecture
- Proficient in languages such as NodeJS, Go or Python
- Expertise in Database modelling, NoSQL and SQL; spotting DB bottlenecks and writing optimised DB queries
- Expertise in all common AWS Cloud technologies, Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Experience with modern software engineering practices: agile development cycle, coding style, engineering documentations, unit & integration testing, code review, git version control, etc..
- Published mobile apps on app store and play store.
- Experience with engineering hiring & training of engineers Interfacing and collaborating with B2B clients
- Any experience or knowledge of e-commerce & supply chain industry
- We want you to come with creativity, expertise, flexibility and drive, but above all a desire to learn and keep learning
- You enjoy designing and building complex software systems with multiple components and code bases.
- You enjoy taking responsibilities and ownership of tasks.
- Curious and a continuous hunger for learning and staying up to date with the latest solutions on the market
- Analytical mind Creativity, open-minded attitude
- Intuitive about how an idea can be turned to an actual working application that delivers value and meets customer needs.
- We offer a competitive salary and ESOPs to make sure you are rewarded for your best work
- Flexible hours and work arrangements either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office, suiting your home commitments.
- Generous leave
- Become one of the key team members of an exciting startup changing the agri-supply chain industry
- Open, fun and collaborative work culture
- Training and development to the areas of growth you’d like to uncover
- Autonomy at work
1 Good command in either Python(django) or Python (flask)
2 Has worked on large scale
3 Experience in building REST APIs
4 Proficiency with databases such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
5 knowledge of Kubernetes, docker and deployment
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Work individually and closely with other members of the team during code sprints to deliver a complete end-to-end solution.
- Articulate project status to other team members and management.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills experience handling the independent execution with minimal guidance, prior hands on experience or understanding on working with Django and python.
1 years experience with Django.
- Must be from Tier 1 University.
What you'll do:
· Assist in the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
· Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other engineers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
· Own the quality of code and do your own testing. Write unit test and improve test coverage.
· Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off
· Mentor junior developers on the team
What we’re looking for:
· Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
· A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
· A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
· Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, as necessary
· Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g., personal projects, open-source involvement)
· Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering
· Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile team environment
· Enthusiasm for cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
About Drip Capital & Tech Team
The engineering team at Drip Capital is responsible for building and maintaining the online global trade financing platform that supports the interactions between buyers, sellers, financing partners, insurance agents, global retail partners, trade agents, shipping & transportation companies, supply chain and warehousing companies worldwide.
Our primary goal is to ensure that customers are provided time-critical capital and at the same time balance requirements related to risk, fraud management and compliance. The services are accessed by customers worldwide and hence the engineering systems need to be policy-driven, easily reconfigurable and able to handle multiple regional languages. We use machine learning for risk classifications/predictions, intelligent document parsing subsystems, robotic process automation, REST APIs to connect our microservices and a cloud-based data lake and warehouse for data storage and analysis.
Our team comprises talent from top-tier institutions including Wharton, Stanford, and IITs with years of experience at companies like Google, Amazon, Standard Chartered, Blackrock, and Yahoo. We are backed by leading Silicon Valley investors - Sequoia, Wing, Accel, and Y Combinator. We are a global company headquartered in Silicon Valley along with offices in India and Mexico.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Drip Capital’s engineering team, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of :
- Designing, building, deploying and maintaining the microservices that work in tandem to provide time-sensitive capital for customers worldwide
- Working closely with product managers to understand customer requirements and define what needs to be built
- Building machine learning-powered analytics and risk modules that adapt to individual and market variations
- Create and enhance workflow automation, rules engine modules using robotic process automation, intelligent document scanning
- 3+ years of relevant work experience of building low latency distributed systems, that are scalable, reliable
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of one programming language that is used to build backend applications such as Ruby, Golang, Java, C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of building low latency distributed systems, that are scalable, reliable
- Understanding of software architecture fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, abstractions and system design
- A desire to build well-engineered reusable backend components with high-quality code. Basic knowledge of test-driven software development
- Ability to debug issues across microservices and multiple levels of the stack
- Prior open source contributions is a plus
If you love building scalable, high performance, reliable distributed systems and want to work with people who feel the same way you do, let's talk!
Experience: 6 to 10yrs
Notice peroid: Immediate r 30days
- Min 2-3 Year Experience. Preferably in the E-commerce domain.
- Proficient with both MySQL and NoSql Databases (Elastic, Mongo)
- Strong hold on Python
- Ability to do software design for a enterprise web application
- Working knowledge of a MVC front-end framework
- Proficient in HTTP protocol, REST APIs, JSON
- Ability to do database design and modeling
- Proficient in OOPS concepts and writing code using classes
- Ability to write modular and clean code
Premagic helps photographers to streamline their workflow, maximize their brand exposure & get more referral leads to grow their business. At the core, we are a CRM, Media storage and a kickass gallery for photographers.
We have more than 65 Million media files shared through Premagic and handle at least 1Tb of traffic per month, just on our CDN. We perform 500K on the fly image resizes per day using our in-house lambda. We are currently exploring how ML can be used to make photographers jobs easier.
What your typical day looks like
Develop product ideas into working prototypes based on the problems faced by customers.
- Analyze feasibility, cost and return of investments for product ideas.
- Suggest solutions for the problem, which is user friendly, technically simple and elegant.
- Break down features into smaller deliverables and implement solutions in a way your module is scalable and can be integrated with other services with little effort.
What we expect from you
Strong Programmer with hands-on experience in building products for 2 - 4 years.
- Knowledge in managing AWS/Azure/GCP/ any cloud resources. We self host our Redis database (Yeah! Redis is a database), use S3 and CDN aggressively and a bunch of EC2s and a load balancer for processing data.
- Work on multiple technologies and apps. As a founding Engineer, we expect you to contribute across multiple apps and services.
You are the right fit, if
You are someone whom your peers look up to for technical guidance and architectural decisions.
- You can create an app end to end - right from design to build, test and deploy.
- You are willing to work on multiple technologies and apps and don't overly idolize a particular framework or language.
- You know that you're creating apps for the end customer and not to satisfy your internal thirst to try a new library or framework out. Just write clean code.
- You pay attention to detail and have an eye for great UI/UX
- You know your stuff. You know what you're talking about and you're fine with admitting things you don't know about and you're willing to learn the new stuff.
Why work with us
Pair program and work with the founders to build world-class software that elevates how photographers run their business. 2 out of 3 founders code, and has more than 16 years of combined experience in building enterprise-grade products in the past.
- At Premagic, you'll be diving right into the hustle and bustle of a growing young early-stage startup. You'll be wearing multiple hats and not just a code monkey here.
- You play a key role in nurturing and growing the team here. Want to try your hand at digital marketing? Sales? You have the freedom to contribute to it.
- You get to experience and cultivate your entrepreneurial mindset here by working with the founding team. And even the freedom to start your own projects at Premagic.
- You are responsible for moulding the app that future photographers would use. You have the power to decide, what features make the app and how a feature should be designed.
- Frontend Tech stack: Typescript, React, Redux and Electron
- Backend Tech stack: Python, Flask, Falcon, Django, Redis, Postgres orchestrated via Docker on AWS Infra.
• 3+ years of software development experience on web applications
• Experience in working in an onsite and offshore development model
• Must have hands-on design and development experience in Cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure), Kubernetes, Microservices,
Java, J2EE, Spring/Boot, Hibernate, JUnit and Integration with front end via rest interfaces.
• Must have Hands-on experience in Multi-threading, Non-blocking IO, Kafka, JMS
• Strong integration background required. Experience with Microservices, REST, JSON and APIs is required
• Experience with as many of the following is highly desirable: Tomcat, Node.js, XML, XSLT, XPath, Web Services,
MongoDB, MYSQL, and query performance tuning
• Experience with code management and continuous integration techniques and tools such as Maven, Gradle, Github,
JMeter, Jenkins, NPM etc. is highly desirable
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals and working knowledge in data structures, algorithms, problem-solving and
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life
cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and
• Proven ability to troubleshoot issues in production including root cause analysis
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience with system architecture/design