Zevi is an NLP-based site-search engine that is making neural search accessible to businesses. We are a seed-funded startup looking to build its core team.
What will be your role?
- Build out the 2nd generation architecture for the system that serves our growing customer base.
- Write robust code and tests. We use Python, Java, and Node.js.
- Review/approve pull requests and mentor, coach, and support the people around you.
- Own feature delivery as a member of the feature team.
- Build the products for our state-of-the-art search service integrating the latest NLP models and building a scalable search service with low latency code.
- Become an integral part of Zevi, working on the core tech to delight the D2C brands and Enterprise clients who rely on our system and help their users get the best results possible. It doesn’t stop there though. As we collect more and more rich data, get ready to shape the future of conversion.
Skills and Experience expected:
- At least 2 years of experience working in agile technology companies.
- Have designed and implemented a scalable infrastructure that is both secure and modular.
- Have been responsible for breaking down and solving complex problems.
- Have developed engineering principles and designed processes/workflows.
- Have experience working in Python, Node.js, Mongo, AWS, and Flask, and am an expert in at least one of those technologies.
What can you expectfrom Zevi? Closely work with
- leading enterprise engineering teams.
- Be a part of a highly motivated core team.
- Get access and contribute to all strategies being built by Zevi.
- Full ownership of your product line.
Zevi is an on-site search engine that is built with it's core around NLP instead of the traditional approach of string matching. This enables Zevi to understand the intent of the user and showcase results accordingly instead of just matching the exact word or their synonym. Zevi also has a vernacular engine which can address complex Hindi-English queries.
We are a team built by Ex-Myntra(Walmart) and Ex-Microsoft people who have worked on search as a problem. Through Zevi we have seen conversion rates jump by 11% and Average order value for new users jump by upto 28%. Zevi enables discovery within your website using best in class AI. Zevi is built ground up using NLP at it's core unlike others who have string matching at their core.
As of now, we are team of 12 people, mostly from IITB, IITK and IIITH. Raised our seed round in December and looking to build the core founding team.
We are a tech venture which provides Product Engineering, QA Automation, Infrastructure, Data, and Market Research services.
Technical Proficiency :
Must have :
Strong development experience in Python in the environment of Unix/Linux/Ubuntu
Strong practical knowledge of Python and its libraries.
Current working experience with cloud deployment of AWS/Azure/GCP, Microservice architecture, and Docker in Python.
Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices
Good Experience of Python with Django/ Scrapy/ Flask frameworks.
Good Experience in Jupyter/ Docker/ Elastic Search, etc.
Solid understanding of software development principles and best practices.
Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Proven ability to drive large-scale projects with a deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration, and leadership.
Good to have :
Expected to have migration experience from one version to the other, as this project is about migration to the latest version.
Preferred if had an OpenEdx platform experience or any LMS platform.
any device. Amagi helps bring entertainment to hundreds of millions of consumers leading the transformation in
media consumption. We believe in a connected ecosystem bringing content owners, distribution platforms,
consumers and advertisers together to create great experiences.
Amagi grew by 136% last year and on its way to double itself again this year. The market leader in FAST (Free
Ad-supported Streaming TV), it delivers more than 500 media brands to 1500+ end points and growing
We are looking for a Software Engineers to join our engineering team. You will be working with a team of
engineers in building cutting-edge next generation media technology software components using the latest cloudtech stacks.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
● Design and write with code with the cutting-edge technologies to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Amagi products
● Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
● Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
● Collaborate with product teams to define and prototype feature specifications
● Work closely with Platform Engineering team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
● Design, build, analyze and fix large-scale systems
● Learn full stack performance tuning and optimization
● Debug and modify complex, production software
You will excel at this role, if you have
● A bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science, with 2 to 6 years of Experience in building highly available and scalable products.
● Have worked in product software development teams that have taken individual module-level responsibility and have taken the product to production/customer deployments
● Loves to write code in one or more of Python, Golang, RoR,
● Have worked in building back-end systems around DBMS, Caches, NoSQL, Web and App servers.
● Passionate about algorithms, design patterns, open-source technologies and in general good software
● Desirable to have Prior experience in working on any of the Public cloud infrastructures
• As a member of the development team, become deeply familiar with the product goals, and provide thought leadership on the technical aspects of realizing the product goals
• Contribute to the SDLC best practices, modeled after contemporary industry standards, and ensure the practices are diligently followed
• Encourage automation in various aspects of software development such as code reviews, unit tests, continuous integration, system testing. Identify appropriate tools, and create best practices around automation
• Participate in requirement gathering, analysis, designing proofs of concepts
• Team up with various stakeholders in aiding project planning, estimation, execution, and production support
• Identify the most appropriate platforms, frameworks, and third-party components to meet the product requirements
• Define and own the interfaces, such as services and APIs between product components
• Perform code walkthroughs, reviews. Promote code-reuse. Identify opportunities for refactoring code, and ensure code is modular and extensible.
• Ensure adequate coverage of functional and non-functional requirements in test plans
• Provide guidance on production support/bug-fixing issues. Own the technical resolution of high-priority fixes
• 0-3 years of hands-on experience with Python and Python-based frameworks such as Django, Flask, and web2py, etc.
• Hands-on experience with web-based front-end technologies is a plus
• Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable web application and integration using RESTful APIs and JSON data
• Deep familiarity with n-tier and MVC patterns
• Strong unit testing and debugging skills
• Familiarity with CI tools such as Jenkins
Who are we looking for?
• Should be comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Willingness to take on ownership and responsibility
• Resourceful, confident under pressure, ability to communicate with folks with varied experience and backgrounds
• Aptitude for problem-solving and analytical skills
Skit (previously known as http://vernacular.ai/" target="_blank">Vernacular.ai) is an AI-first SaaS voice automation company. Its suite of speech and language solutions enable enterprises to automate their contact centre operations. With over 10 million hours of training data, its product - Vernacular Intelligent Voice Assistant (VIVA) can currently respond in 16+ languages, covering over 160+ dialects and replicating human-like conversations.
Skit currently serves a variety of enterprise clients across diverse sectors such as BFSI, F&B, Hospitality, Consumer Electronics and Travel & Tourism, including prominent clients like Axis Bank, Hathway, Porter and Barbeque Nation. It has been featured as one of the top-notch start-ups in the Cisco Launchpad’s Cohort 6 and is a part of the World Economic Forum’s Global Innovators Community. It has also been listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia start-ups 2021 for its remarkable industry innovation.
We have an opening for a Software Engineer(Solution) role which you might be interested in.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You will be coordinating our enterprise account-specific teams called squads, consisting of members from engineering, machine-learning, and conversation-design teams.
There are five working groups in the organization, (i) Business (ii) Research (iii) Solutions (iv) Product, and (v) Operations, where you will be joining the Solutions working group.
- You will be collaborating with the sales team to design an appropriate solution to the customer's problems and help them showcase the value in the product.
- You will be collaborating with the operations team to ensure we are not compromising on our quality standards.
- You will also be co-working with the product working group to help them improve the overall platform and to prioritize the high-impact initiatives in the roadmap.
Work you will be doing:
- You will be building bespoke voicebots for enterprise clients using internal tools.
- You're expected to help build the Solutions stack whose goal it is to reduce the amount of effort put into building our voicebots.
- You will be involved in analyzing client calls where you're expected to use either data pipelines or SQL to get insights into caller behavior.
- Professional experience of at least 1 year.
- Has experience with integrating or building HTTP APIs
- Has hands-on experience of working with Python
- Good communicator
- Has experience working in any of Django Rest Framework, Redis, Celery
Skit uses a microservices architecture where we employ both HTTP and GRPC to communicate between our services.
We don't expect you to have worked on all of it. We're looking for Python programmers who are ready to pick up the rest of the tech stack on the job.
- Django Rest Framework
- Argo Workflows
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
This policy covers the information you share with Skit (Cyllid Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
Your information will be used by Skit for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Skit;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Making improvements to Skit's application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to Us, as well as your video in case you conduct your interview using the Video Interview feature.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
Creating a WordPress plugin with WordPress coding standard and themes, contributed plugins over wordpress.org is a big plus.
Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial.
Strong Knowledge in Woo commerce, Yost SEO, ACF.
Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
We are hiring for a Software Engineer Team Lead - Backend, to join our education-focused fintech lending startup, GrayQuest. Our core product is a combination of a lending product, a rewards product and an insurance product to redefine the education fees payment across the country.
You will be joining a young and vibrant team of developers who are pushing the boundaries of consumer financing through technology.
Key Responsibilities :
- Participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop back-end components, services, and APIs. Support integration of user-facing elements, and collaborate closely with the design and front-end development team.
- Write elegant, effective, and scalable code while maintaining the highest level of coding standards.
- Take complete ownership of projects and ensure timely deliveries
- Ability to debug, refine, review, and deploy code
- Work closely with the QA team to test, and document project features.
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders. Understand business requirements, and effectively convert them into technical specifications
- Mentor junior developers and participate in peer Review
- Demonstrable experience as a Python Developer (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of Python frameworks (Django Rest, Flask)
- Experience working on REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of React
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Good understanding of task breakup, milestone definition, and work delegation.
- Past experience of working in a fintech/financial services domain or a consumer internet startup will be preferable but not required
- Work experience in early-stage startups (0 ->1) is a big plus
- Bachelors or equivalent degree from premier institutes is a plus
- Most importantly, the biggest skill we look for our prospective candidates is "Learnability" - how quickly can you learn.
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate:
- Work with a young dynamic core team backed by marquee investors from the financial services space
- Work on a product/business that has achieved product market fit and take it to scale
- Equity compensation and competitive market salaries
- Work environment that prioritizes talent, hustle and dedication
We will also ensure we give a preference to applicants who directly email us with their background/context and why they think they should be a strong candidate for this position at GrayQuest. Email us at work (at the rate) grayquest (dot) com and cc Sonal (at the rate)grayquest (dot) com
• Analyze user and system requirements
• Design flowcharts to illustrate software solutions
• Write efficient code based on feature specifications
• Develop user interfaces
• Prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
• Design database architecture
• Test and debug Java applications
• Validate software functionality and security
• Work experience on Java, Spring, Strurts , Hibernate, Microservice etc.
• Experience building Java EE applications.
• God knowledge of Database tool, Frontend Skills.
• Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
• Good knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
• Experience with test-driven development
• Problem-solving skills