A BIT ABOUT US
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. A profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Our business includes Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle East, Japan, US, and expanding rapidly.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer - Frontend who, along with our excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
We have built some Microservices, Device Farms (Android & iOS) & IDE Plugins with Python/Django, Node, Java, and Ember to help developers and enterprises automatically detect and fix security loopholes in their Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) / IoT Apps within a few minutes.
Our major Frontend stack includes EmberJS, but we also work with ReactJS, and VueJS and even experiment with other frontend frameworks.
We have been a major contributor to the open-source community and you can find our contribution in our Github profile https://github.com/appknox
You don’t need to know anything about security to apply for this position as we have experienced security professionals on board who will help you.
We are very picky about hiring. Because the core members will set the engineering culture that the entire tech team will follow in the future.
We prefer to have incredibly high standards and to hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at the highest level every day.
- Working on a disruptive product in Security Domain
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices.
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules and maintainability of the code.
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale.
- Review and optimize app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively.
- Responsible for driving innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Frontend Engineer or Software Developer - Frontend
- Sound knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiar with ES6 / ESNext syntaxes and concepts
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Passionate to create good design and usability
- Knowledge of EmberJS & ReactJS is a plus
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Ability to translate UI designs from Figma and other tools to functional components
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in SPA designs.
- Involved in the process of story points.
Within 1 month
- Understanding the requirements, creating a plan of action
- Develop in collaboration with the backend team
- You will be writing testable frontend code
- You will also be working on GraphQL/REST-based APIs
- Translate UI design to functional components
Within 3 months
- Switching to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Work in Agile Methodology
- Product Documentation
- Bug fixes, Maintenance, and Technical Support
Within 6 months
- Going forward the role will eventually take full ownership of the technical aspects of the specific product.
- maintaining other products
Personality traits we really admire:-
- A confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and a sense of humor, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows timelines and absolute commitment to deadlines.
- Round 1 Interview - Profile Evaluation
- Round 2 Interview - Lead Frontend Engineer
- Round 3 Interview - Technical Founder
- Round 4 Interview - HR
- As per Industry Standard
Please be aware that all your customers are Enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
Why Join Us:-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to train and develop our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience, one of the reasons being the open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will allow you to experience it all firsthand.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage up to 5 Lacs for you and your family including your parents.
Appknox, a leading mobile app security solution HQ'D in Singapore & Bangalore was founded by Harshit Agarwal and Subho Halder.
Since its inception, Appknox has become one of the go-to security solutions with the most powerful plug-and-play security platform, enabling security researchers, developers, and enterprises to build safe and secure mobile ecosystems using a system-plus human approach.
Appknox offers VA+PT solutions ( Vulnerability Assessment + Penetration Testing ) that provide end-to-end mobile application security and testing strategies to Fortune 500, SMB and Large Enterprises Globally helping businesses and mobile developers make their mobile apps more secure, thus not only enhancing protection for their customers but also for their own brand.
During the course of 8 years, Appknox has scaled up to work with some major brands in India, South-East Asia, Middle-East, Japan, and the US and have also successfully enabled some of the top government agencies with its On-Premise deployments & compliance testing. Appknox helps 500+ Enterprises which includes 20+ Fortune 1000 and with ministries/regulators across 10+ countries and some of the top banks across 20+ countries.
A champion of Value SaaS, with its customer and security-first approach Appknox has won many awards and recognitions from G2, Gartner and is one of the top mobile app security vendors in its 2021 Application security Hype Cycle report.
Our forward-leaning, pioneering spirit is backed by SeedPlus, JFDI Asia, Microsoft Ventures, and Cisco Launchpad and a legacy of expertise that began at the dawn of 2014.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design
software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Scope of Work:
• You will mainly be responsible for developing the frontend side of the web application and enhancing
the user experience through high-level transitions & animations.
• Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage
cooperation and teamwork
• Develop overall concepts for improving the user experience within a business webpage or product,
ensuring all interactions are intuitive and convenient for customers
• Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve the usability
• Work with other developers to ensure that the website is functional and visually appealing.
• Plan the layout of the website.
• Ensure that the website is optimized for various devices.
• Use analytics to test client enjoyment.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
• Advanced understanding of UI Design patterns and UI Architecture Paradigms
• Expertise in Responsive Web Design and Adaptive Web Designing.
• Understanding of commonly used frameworks and libraries such as Yii2, Angular, React, Material UI,
bootstrap, high charts, ChartJS and D3
We are looking for an Experienced Developer versed in ReactJS.
Lobb gives you an opportunity to work with a passionate team complimenting us with your expertise and skill sets.
If this is you, please apply. For the right candidate, compensation will include a competitive salary, a flexible working space across multiple locations in Bangalore. Partnering with us will also give you a chance to be amongst the start-up eco-system and also interact and network with peers across multiple start-up verticals.
- 3 years of experience designing and building apps on any platform
- 2 years of experience designing and building apps on ReactJS
- Must have a good sense of design and user experience
- You’re kind, curious and tenacious
- You understand CS fundamentals
- Developing new user-facing features using React, React-Native and building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Eslint, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Work with and implement responsive web principles including the proper use of media queries
- You should be passionate about building world-class user interfaces for the web
- You love building things and have built some applications in the past (Optional)
- You have a sound understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- You are familiar with Figma (not mandatory).
- You are analytical and are curious about technology.
- When you don't know, you ask questions or look for answers on the internet.
- You are not afraid to express your opinion.
- You are fanatical about the quality of your work; you finish what you start.
- You have strong English comprehension and communication skills; you can articulate your ideas clearly. (Non-Negotiable)
- Must be willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a team leader/mentor. We plan to grow our engineering team.
- Eye for animation and understanding of motion principles.
- Some knowledge of Web Servers and Linux.
- Competitive salary, helpful peers
- Flexible timings and WFH options.
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive, and interactive interfaces across multiple devices.
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating awesome interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules, and maintainability of the code.
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale.
- Review and optimize usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/ technology.
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, bootstrap, and Material UI
- Knowledge of TDD frameworks mocha, chai, jest etc.
- Understanding of Typescript
- Understanding of ReactJS based frameworks like NextJS, Gatsby, etc.
- Understanding of REST API
- Passionate to create good design and usability
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
Skills looking for:
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Should be good at CSS and sound knowledge about Tailwind and Material UI.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Good to Have:
- Experience in Next.js and AngularJS is highly preferred
Opportunity in the Role:
- Experienced founding team.
- Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out. We are starting with a significant head start and a precise plan of action.
- Barriers to entry - This is a specialized play with natural barriers to entry, allowing for significant value creation for all equity holders.
- Backed by marquee global investors.
- Exposure to all aspects of company building - exposure to investors, fund-raising, decision making, building the team & culture.
- All of the above perks of joining a high potential company very early, along with a competitive market salary.
- You have a strong appreciation for design and interaction, as well as an intimate understanding and appreciation for presentation layer code.
- You love puzzles, problem-solving and have proven in-depth knowledge in a variety of tech stacks.
- You are passionate about being precise in the implementation of designs and do not compromise on quality.
- You are comfortable working in a high-pressure environment and are able to adapt to the needs of the day.
- You are open-minded and curious to learn
Expectations and Responsibilities
- See a project through from conception to finished product
- Strong organizational skills. You should not need someone to “manage” you
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to push the boundaries of technology to deliver an unparalleled product
- Able to research and use cutting edge tools to deliver seamless experiences for users
We expect you to have some exposure to the following technologies
- HTML5, CSS, SASS, JS
- CSS Libraries - Boostrap, CSS Grid
- Front-end frameworks (React/Angular/Vue)
HouseItt is a student-run start-up recognized by Start-up India initiative by Government of India. It provides student residences across and around Delhi University colleges. It provides easy to book, better serviced and affordable rental homes to students within the campus and thrives on building a robust support system for handling student accommodations. It bridges the gap between the demand (students looking for PGs/Flats) and supply (owners) of rentals. We are looking for some dynamic people to join us!
HOUSEITT IS HIRING FRONTEND DEVELOPER INTERN
Knowledge of React and SSR.
Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
Knowledge of how frontend and backend communicate.
Knowledge of redux is a plus.
Creative problem Solving Skills.
Ability to learn and research about things you don't know.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Understanding and interpreting the task assigned by Team Lead.
Getting the assigned work done in the given deadline.
Asking questions when you are not clear about stuff.
Giving suggestions to improve the web application and solve business problem.
TENURE: 3 Months
LOCATION: Work from Home
Start-up India Logo Certificate
Letter of Recommendation
Stipend (Rs. 6,000/- to Rs. 10,000/-)