- 2+ years of experience as a Python developer
- Expert knowledge of Python and a minimum of a year of experience in working with Django Rest Framework
- A deep understanding and multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Good knowledge and Experience in Python, should have Excellent Python programming Skills
- Experience in Django Rest Framework
- Understand models, views, and templates
- Knowledge of HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Must be able to build API endpoints
- Must have experience with MySQL database
- Good knowledge and Experience in Docker and DevOps.
- Basic knowledge of Swagger API Documentation.
- Experience in Cloud / AWS Computing / Digital Ocean
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Github, and Performing other web development tasks assigned
- Be articulate and should have strong communication skills (Verbal/Written).
Good To Have -
- Working knowledge of Celery, Postgres
Contributions to FOSS, StackOverflow, and GitHub profile with your side projects, if available will definitely be an added advantage.
Coordinating with the development team to determine application requirements.
- Writing scalable code using Python programming language.
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Coordinating with front-end developers.
Reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality
About DesignString Pvt Ltd
Job Role & Responsibilities – Dev (Python)
- Looking for a Software development engineer who is passionate about building cutting edge products.
- Good knowledge of Python, Splunk and or any APM tools.
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt and provide solutions.
- Looking for a highly competitive person who likes, owns, and delivers on time bound challenges.
- Knowledge of Cloud Infra (AWS,GCP).
- Build tools that can integrate with the existing pipelines of build and deployment to help with changes in
deployment from On-Prem to Cloud and vice versa.
- Knowledge of security domain is a plus.
Education and Experience -
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- 4+ years of experience in software development using Python Services.
Candidate with under 30days notice will be preferred.
Period: 6 months+
● 4-7 years of experience building and scaling APIs and web applications.
● Experience building and managing large scale data/analytics systems.
● Have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals and excellent problem solving abilities. Have a good
understanding of software design principles and architectural best practices.
● Be passionate about writing code and have experience coding in multiple languages, including at least
one scripting language, preferably Python.
● Be able to argue convincingly why feature X of language Y rocks/sucks, or why a certain design decision
is right/wrong, and so on.
● Be a self-starter—someone who thrives in fast paced environments with minimal ‘management’.
● Have experience working with multiple storage and indexing technologies such as MySQL, Redis,
MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic.
● Good knowledge (including internals) of messaging systems such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
● Use the command line like a pro. Be proficient in Git and other essential software development tools.
● Working knowledge of large-scale computational models such as MapReduce and Spark is a bonus.
● Exposure to one or more centralized logging, monitoring, and instrumentation tools, such as Kibana,
Graylog, StatsD, Datadog etc.
● Working knowledge of building websites and apps. Good understanding of integration complexities and
● Working knowledge linux server administration as well as the AWS ecosystem is desirable.
● It's a huge bonus if you have some personal projects (including open source contributions) that you work
on during your spare time. Show off some of your projects you have hosted on GitHub.
The B2B manufacturing industry has a lack of digitisation globally. NowPurchase is building layers of technology to help improve the productivity and profits of the manufacturer. For this we are building the OS (Operating System) that will seamlessly connect factory equipment such as furnaces and spectrometers to our software systems that provide real time optimisations.
The end-game is to use this interconnected system to do great production planning and autonomous procurement of their raw materials. The Heart of NowPurchase will be a marketplace consisting of these smart factories and raw material suppliers.
Here a video that explains our product journey:
This is fully a remote role, but the employer needs to fly down to the office in Kolkata for 5–6 days every month. Plane tickets and accommodation will be reimbursed by the company.
NowPurchase is looking to add an immensely talented Senior Backend Engineer that will help us invent, design, refine and deliver products that will meet the above vision.
- Expect to build a lot of services and APIs in the cloud and stand-alone IoT devices to serve both the browser as well as native IoT enabled terminals that will be placed at the manufacturers' premises.
- Expect designing algorithms that model the metallurgy of the manufacturing processes as well as using tools such as linear programming, machine learning etc.
- You need to lead the backend team to make sure they are delivering high quality code and is constantly inspired to experiment with tools to push out MVPs.
What are the expectations from this role?
- Deliver high quality modular code deployed to serve web, mobile and native IoT enabled terminals that leverage REST-based services and real time sockets. This would include algorithms for real time optimizations that are critical for the manufacturing process.
- You are empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and future of the product.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality. Be ready to build a lot of MVPs that will go through iteration or be completely scrapped depending on the outcome at the customer end.
- Own your Agile projects and lead the team from software design to implementation and deployment. Maintain sprints, delivery timelines and contribute to better managing the engineering team.
- Collaborate on the end to end design and implementation of the platform, including data modeling, systems architecture, data security, access controls, architecture, user experience, deployment, automation, and monitoring.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity, quality and security checks.
- Develop data pipelines and RESTful services that are distributed, robust and highly performant.
- Build a culture of simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate and you ensure through thorough code reviews and processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience in an agile environment designing, architecting and implementing robust scalable systems preferably for modern SaaS application
- 1+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience with modern server-side programming languages such as Python, Scala, Go. Experience with web frameworks such as Django Rest Framework, Flask.
- Experience with architecting asynchronous services with design patters leveraging PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Celery for storage and multi-tenant servers over AWS Elastic BeanStalk.
Compensation & Benefits
- **Cash Compensation:** As per industry standards & pedigree of candidate
- **ESOPs:** 10% of NowPurchase is dedicated to current & future team members. Your package would entail some ESOPs so that you own a part of the company and grow along with it.
- **Medical Insurance:** Benefits of group insurance of 3 lakhs for family including parents, spouse, children
- **Generous leave structure and WFHs** including Marriage, Maternity & Paternity leaves
- **Complete Relocation Expenses:** We are building a unicorn out of the city of Joy (Kolkata). We will pay for everything you spend to relocate here.
**Possible Growth path**
Senior Backend End Engineer > Engineering Manager > VP of Engineering
- Git, AWS, ELB (Elastic Beanstalk), Netlify
## **Hiring Process**
1. Screening of applicants & initial telephonic call with Manager -HR
2. F2F/Video Interview with Engineering Manager and Cofounder CTO
3. Take home written assessment
4. F2F/Video Interview with Cofounder CEO
5. Email communication on final feedback
The end to end process shall take less than 10 days. We pride ourselves on being transparent & moving fast.
*Candidates who accept an offer may join within 1 hour, 1 week or up to 45days of signing - though, we have a preference for as short a gap period between signing and joining since we're at the most exciting part of our journey - laying the foundation for the NowPurchase platform!*
Previous working experience as a Python Web Developer for min 2 years.
Hands-on experience with Django, Flask, or other Python frameworks.
Experience with Design implementation of objects and data models.
Understanding of CI/CD practices.
Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
Hands-on experience with complex scripts in Python to capture business logic and automate system management tasks.
|FastAPI / Django Framework|
|Database concept, API & SQL's|
|SSO, Oauth2, JWT, Microservices|
|1) Write effective, scalable code|
|2) Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance Integrate user-facing elements into applications.|
|3) Test and debug programs.|
|4) Improve functionality of existing systems.|
|5) Implement security and data protection solutions.|
|6) Assess and prioritize feature requests.|
|7) Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions|
|8) Debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services.|
FactWise is a fully funded, early-stage startup building b2b SaaS for a global SMB client base. Our team has alumni from MIT, Stanford, GeorgiaTech, UCL, the IITs, VJTI, Amazon and McKinsey, and currently comprises frontend, backend, full stack developers, UI/UX engineers, product managers, data scientist, and Ops, HR, Marketing. We'd love to get to know you better!
As a member of the development group, you will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the product:
- Help define and create full stack architecture and deployment using React- Django-AWS in an agile environment with lots of ownership and active mentoring.
- Work with the Product and Design teams to build new features to solve business problems and fill business needs
- Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Interact with other stakeholders for requirement, design discussions and for adoption of new features
- Communicate and coordinate with our support and professional services teams to solve customer issues.
- Help scale our platform as we expand our product across various markets and verticals globally.
As a young startup, we are hoping to be joined by self-starting, hardworking, passionate individuals who are committed to delivering their best, who can grow into future leaders of FactWise.
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
For this role we expect you to have 3+ years of experience in Backend development. You should have strong command
of Python, REST and Flask/Django along with some experience in GIT is nice to have. If you have knowledge about client
side languages like JS, ReactJS and experience in API design and development, it is a huge plus.
You should be knowledgeable about programming languages, operating systems, networks, databases and SQL,
algorithms, architecture, code design and design patterns
- Expand the product to suit the needs of all kinds of travellers. From family travellers to hardcore backpackers and from free independent travellers to those who need a more guided approach to planning their trip.
- Launch across more countries. This means adding support for more geographies, things to do, weather, currencies and payments, transport and accommodation.
- Scale it up to serve millions of users a year, from across the globe. We are seeing decent growth, but it is time to up the game.
Responsibilities and Duties
How you'll add value:
- Own the architecture and design decisions that go into shaping our backend microservices
- Build and ship robust features.
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power the traveler and influencer applications.
- Help us scale out to multiple geographies and serve millions of travelers
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- An innate desire to grow. Both personally and with respect to the value you add to other people's lives.
- 4+ years industry experience working with golang/Django
- Sound understanding of CS fundamentals. We don't expect you to remember every algorithm by heart. But if you know how to find the most appropriate one for any given problem, let's talk.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
- Interest in contributing to open source projects
- Bonus points if you have an interest in the philosophy behind technologies. - You are intrigued by why did people develop certain technologies the way they did.
- Work with a bunch of amazing people on a challenging problem.
- 1 backpacking trip each year to travel outside India. We don't allow you to travel, we WANT you to travel.
- We don't mind work from home/cafe/some random city in the world as long as your work and your team is not disrupted.
- We don't have a leave policy (there is a guideline for legal reasons) but you are free to take as much personal time as you need as long as you get your job done.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹2,000,000.00 to ₹3,000,000.00 /year