Lead Java Backend Developer
Digit88 is a niche product engineering consulting company based out of Bangalore with experience of building offshore development centers for US startups and MNCs over the last 6+ years. The founding team has 50+ years of product engineering and services experience out of India, China and the US.
Digit88 manages and is expanding the dedicated offshore product development team for its US (Bay Area, NYC) based NLP/Chatbot platform development partner, that is building a next-generation AI/NLP/Chatbots based customer engagement platform. The candidate would be joining an existing team of 16+ engineers and help expand Platform Engineering, Production Support and Monitoring services for our client.
Digit88 is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands on Java/J2EE back-end developer to join the back-end
engineering team for our partner. Experience with a fast-paced India/US product start-up or a product engineering
services company in a developer role, building a high-performance real-time system is mandatory. Applicants must
have a passion for engineering with accuracy and efficiency, be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part
of a team, and also possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess BE/BTech degree in Computer Science with 8-12 years hands on experience with Java based open source tech stack.
- Strong in Core Java, Data Structures, J2EE with proven expertise in Spring MVC, Spring boot, Microservices architecture, Web Services (Rest)
- Are hands on with MySQL and DynamoDB and/or NoSQL databases, Hibernate
- Possess practical experience with Caching frameworks Memcached/Redis, Message Queues (JMS, RabbitMQ)
- Have hands on experience with Apache Solr, Rhino & Nashorn JS Engines,
- Have expertise with log file analysis using one or more of ELK, Splunk, Kibana.
- Have prior experience with CI/CD, Container architecture - Docker/Jenkins and build scripts Maven/Ant
- Have built high performance, high availability REST APIs and REST clients.
- Possess strong practical experience in applying design patterns, multithreading concepts to solve complex problems
You are someone who would easily be able to
- Study and learn the latest in AI/NLP/Chatbots domain and the messaging platform
- Work closely with US engineering team and India engineering lead to help build the Java/Spring based backend and REST APIs.
- Own the development of new modules and features
- Troubleshoot live production server issues.
- Handle client coordination and be able to work as a part of team or at times be able to contribute independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform Unit Testing and Integration testing in a Continuous Deployment scenario
- Follow Agile methodology, JIRA for work planning, issue management/tracking
Benefits & working @ Digit88
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance
- Attractive pay package
- Bonus/Revenue share opportunities
- Creative, flexible and rewarding work environment
- Opportunity to work with a founding team of serial entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits to their credit. The learning will be immense just as will the challenges
What we are looking for:
=> Bachelors/Masters degree in Computers/IT or equivalent.
=> 5-8 years of relevant experience in web development.
=> Strong PHP, MySQL & Codeigniter (MVC Framework) hands-on experience (at least 12-15 projects).
=> Database schema design and query optimization.
=> AWS hands-on experience with EC2, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, code deploy, etc.
=> Experience with e-commerce platforms, payment gateways will be a big advantage, especially on content-heavy platforms.
=> Hands-on experience and a good understanding of GIT Commands.
=> Good to have experience with the RESTful API.
=> Ability to decipher and write complex database queries for analysis and optimization.
=> Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
=> Understanding of scalability issues and their solutions.
=> Need to be articulate with a good degree of written & oral communication skills.
=> Exposure to UI/UX would be a added value.
=> We are looking for an immediate joiner (within 15 days or less).
=> This role may include night shifts.
Head Office: Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Work Location: Work From Home
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Shift & Timming: Regular (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) / Night (08:00 PM to 05:00 AM)
Working Hours: 9 Hrs
Back-End Developer Role
Proficient in GoLang and other languages from which GoLang was created (C#, Java, etc) with a minimum experience for 2 years.
Should be having a working knowledge of the microservices pattern (event-based or not).
Should have a practical understanding of OOPS and SOLID principles.
Should know about databases like PostgreSQL or any other relational database. Knowledge of NoSQL is considered a +.
Should be having practical knowledge of building web servers (monolithic or microservices) in GoLang using gin-gonic or any other library / custom code.
Should have a good understanding of GoLang and its workings in terms of the following:
Should know GraphQL and how Graph queries are different than API endpoints. Working knowledge of GraphQL is considered a +.
Should know about ORM’s and how they work. Working knowledge of Beego ORM is considered a +.
Languages: Strong in Java v1.6 (v1.8, nice to have), good in SQL (for any relational database)
Framework: Spring Boot or Spring MVC Tools: Hibernate (or iBatis) for database, maven (or gradle) build tool Database: Any relational database experience (oracle, postgresql, sql server, mysql, etc) Web server/application server: Any server experience (tomcat, jboss, jetty, etc) Source code versioning: GitHub (or apache SVN) IDE: Eclipse (or anything else) Development platform: Windows or Linux Cloud platform: AWS (or any cloud platform) (optional)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional
software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements
and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should
have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on
experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and
● Develop high-quality software design and architecture
● Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
● Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
● Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
● Building robust, secure, high-volume performing, scalable microservices that operate 24*7
to power the NoBroker platform for end customers.
● Working closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our
● Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
● Document development phases and monitor systems
● Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
B.Tech/B.E. from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 2- 5 years of
experience in following Technology and programming methodology :
● Work experience as a Java Software Engineer, Java Developer, or similar role
● In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
● Hands-on working experience with Scalable and fault-tolerant applications.
● Extensive experience in software development, scripting, and project management
● Working experience with an application. Working experience with databases like SQL and
NoSQL ( MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch).
● Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
● Good delegation and time management skills
● High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment.
Ruby on Rails, Java/J2EE, Ruby on Rails with Puma Server, elastic search, linux/windows platform, devops tools experience, BDD, Apache CFX
- 6-10 years of experience in software engineering,
- Preferred skills Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Spring Boot.
- Experienced in PosGresSQL and SQL Server.
- Preferred skills would be elastic search, redis server, sidekick, linux, ruby on rails with puma server and shell scripting, Apache CFX and C# programming.
- Experience in linux and windows platform.
- Familiarity with Dev Ops tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Docker.
- Familiarity with Maven, Gradle, Jmeter, Gatling.
- Web services integration REST & SOAP.
- Experience with designing systems in consideration of NFRs: performance, responsiveness, concurrency, availability, supportability
- Good experience in writing unit test cases.
- Good debugging skills.
- Exposure to BDD.
JD - Senior Dev with more than 5 years relevant experience
1. Working experience on web development using Python/Django
2. Comfortable with using Django framework.
3. Understanding of web servers
4. Knowledge in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and other database queries
5. Experience in using Redis cache.
6. Understanding of web technologies
7. Experience in REST API development using Django.
8. Strong hold on Apache
9. Integration of data storage solutions
10. Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
12. Good communication skill
13. .net/.NET core will be an added advantage
- Server Side (Java) & AWS serverless framework.
- Must have hands-on experience on serverless framework.
- Design knowledge/experience of cloud-based web application. Familiarity with software design representation tools like astah, visio etc.
- Must have good experience on AWS (Overall knowledge, EC2 Volume, EC2 Security Group, EC2 AMI, Lambda, S3, AWSbackup, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, IAM, SecretsManager, StepFunction, CostExplorer, KMS, VPC/Subnet)
- Understanding business requirements w.r.t UI/UX.
- Working experience on development/staging/production servers.
- Good testing and verification skills
- Knowledge on SSL certificates and encryption.
- Knowledge on Docker containerization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Should have skills to understand and analyzecustomers requirements and expectations.
- Must have experience in interaction with customer
- Work experiences with international cross-culture teams (Good to have)
- Scripting using Python
- Good to have knowledge of identity management
- Knowledge of ReactJS/typescript/bootstrap
- Understanding business usecases w.r.t UI/UX
- Fixing issues wrt to integration on cloud(front end/back end/system/services APIs)